• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes |OT| of team Ieyasu vs. team Mitsunari

Tizoc

AdawgDaFAB said:
Some info from this week's Famitsu:

- The level cap is now 200.
Que the fuck?
I'll be OK with this only if your attack and defense and other stats increase with every level up. Just getting a Health boost wasn't all that impressive IMO.
Of course based on this, I do mean NO to Fugitives. If Fugitives are in and we gotta KO them for stats, please make it so that it gives the boost to EVERYONE not just one character.

- You can now buy materials in the BASARA shop, instead of continually grinding specific stages to get them.
THANK YOU XAVI!
Seriously the hours I spent on getting those Lvl. 3 Helmets, ugh.

- The BASARA lottery is back and works similar to SB2H's.
What's the Basara lottery about?

- You will unlock certain things at the start of the game for having SB3 data:
-- Already unlocked alt outfits
-- All full Character-specific items sets will carry over as their (new?) Utage-equivalent item.
-- Just having save data will give you 1,000 gold to start.
-- Collecting all weapons in SB3 will give you 3,000 gold.
-- You will earn 2,000 gold each for having these titles in SB3:
* Clear story mode with all the characters [at least once]
* Collect all the materials
* Collect all the items
* Max out all the characters' levels
Nice, I think I've done all of that, but alas the lack of an English release is saddening >_<

- SB3 <--> SB3U Save Data Sync info:
-- Character levels / stats (Up to SB3s MAX of 100) / stats
-- Bodyguards unlocked
Cool.

Grrr what must I do to get Capcom to release this in 2012?!

squall23

I like TM Revolution's new song, now I want to hear Do As Infinity's song. My only regret from what I know of Utage so far is that they still didn't make Naoe Kanetsugu as a playable character. That would have been friggin' hilarious.

Katakura Koj&#363;r&#333; gameplay video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-2Kcn4ELco

It looks like they kept his s-string and, mostly, came up with new / flashier skills. I like ^__^.

__

It's not for SB3U, but Capcom now has a replacement seiyuu, Sawashiro Miyuki. I believe this is for some mobile game, but if she returns in SB4 then she will likely be voiced by Miyuki.

__

I just read about a cool moveset fix that was implemented: You can do Yukimura's Rekka into the air and chain it into the Dairekka on the ground.

__

Sarutobi Sasuke gameplay video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5_uE0s9aXc

Yoshiaki, Muneshige and Sorin's BASARA attacks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp9z0swba44

Sasuke looks like a completely different character now than he was before. The video makes him look like a combo fiend.

__

New Cinematic Story Trailer - Revealing the last unknown character to be
Shingen returning as many figured
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dT1O6PMIuc

Guess what duo was announced in Famitsu this week?

Here's a hint:

Tizoc

Was gonna come post that lastt vid ;3
Guess it's safe to say that HE HAS FUCKING RETURNED!
That bitchslap was worth it if you ask me.

...and poledancing Kasuga....HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH.

So how many playable characters are there so far? Are there more to be revealed?

EDIT: OT for Utage should have "HE HAS FUCKING RETURNED"

squall23

I still wish they would bring back Azai Nagamasa. Sure, he's suppose to be dead at this point, but so are other people. A final showdown with him fighting Tenkai and Oichi to save her from the darkness would be intense.

I miss that male tsundere superhero.

Erigu

Tizoc said:
So how many playable characters are there so far? Are there more to be revealed?
30 playable characters in all.

Confirmed so far:
1->16) the playable characters from Sengoku Basara 3
17) Matsunaga Hisahide
18) Katakura Kojûrô
19) Sarutobi Sasuke
20) Kobayakawa Hideaki
21) Tenkai
22) Mogami Yoshiaki
23) Tachibana Muneshige
24) Ôtomo Sôrin
25) Uesugi Kenshin
26) Kasuga

In all likelihood, the 4 remaining playable characters are Maeda Toshiie, Matsu, Hôjô Ujimasa and Takeda Shingen.

TreIII

Tizoc said:
Hmm dunno if Hojo would be a good choice, seeing how Kenshin already uses ice attacks.

And Shingen (mainly) uses Fire, which is already a pretty crowded elemental choice with Hisahide and Toshiie in the mix for new characters. Your point? 8D

Besides, the main thing is just using what's already there and expanding on it. The only truly new character crafted for this game is Matsunaga, himself.

Anyway, I don't know if we'll actually stand to get an OT for Utage, but if we did, this would be what I would suggest:

Sengoku BASARA 3 Utage |OT| Has the Feel and, more importantly, the ACTUALITY of 60 FPS

:trollface:

Yup, Erigu's list would be the 30 people in the game. Once the trailer at TGS (which is what popped up a bit ago on Capcom's youtube channel) ended with Shingen's reveal, the fate of the other 5 SB3 NPCs was basically set in stone. Even more so with Kenshin and Kasuga's reveal in Famitsu this week.

More info:

Kenshin and Kasuga's skills, translated from Famitsu
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/single/?p=9020595&t=6799057

Information on character upgrades / tweaks for Masamune, Ieyasu, Mitsunari and Yukimura:
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/single/?p=9020555&t=6799057

Tizoc said:
EDIT: OT for Utage should have "HE HAS FUCKING RETURNED"
But Juggertomi Raohyoshi is still dead ;_;.

Tizoc said:
Hmm dunno if Hojo would be a good choice, seeing how Kenshin already uses ice attacks.
Ice is the most underutilized element in the SB series. Saddly Kenshin is the only serious character who uses it. Besides him it's just Itsuki, Tsuruhime, Hojo and Mogami.

TreIII said:
Besides, the main thing is just using what's already there and expanding on it. The only truly new character crafted for this game is Matsunaga, himself.
This is partly true. However Sorin is basically completely new and all the SB3 NPCs are getting big overhauls (just look at how crazy that Sasuke video is). Plus the newer characters from SB3 that were NPCs like Muneshige and Kingo are getting full movesets instead of the 2-3 skills they had as NPCs in 3.

Tizoc

AdawgDaFAB said:
But Juggertomi Raohyoshi is still dead ;_;.
Shingen will carry on his manliness...while riding his 2 giant horses-
20%20-%20animated_gif%20horse%20lolwut%20oyakata-sama%20samurai%20sengoku_basara%20takeda_shingen%20this_is_possible.gif

Video is out for Kenshin and Kasuga's gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmVmKGMIv7k

Kenshin looks beastly. The Ice effects look toned down compared to NPC Kenshin in 3 but I love with how he can chain his skills together so well. Interesting enough, the video showed him comboing together all 6 of his moves from SB2H. I wonder if one of them, probably the projectile Shin'en, is a hold [] type attack.

Kasuga looks fantastic here too. I love how Kasuga's attacks leave the enemy tied up in her strings. It looked like she did 5 of her skills, and I'm guessing the exploding net, Mitsugi: Anshou, is her Super Skill while the other 4 are her normal ones. The remaining two she had from SB2H I could see fitting alternative Super Skills as well since they are her counter, Mitsugi: Kagerou, and her spinning top laser toss skill, Mitsugi: Gunkei.

I can't wait for next week now ^__^. I got a feeling it will be our fav married couple.

---

This made me go back and replay with Kenshin some in SB3 (via Ocarina codes) and I forgot just how fun he was. He only has Forward+/\ = Shinzan and []+/\ = Shinjin for skills in SB3 but I still was easily able to get a 11215 combo on Sekigahara Intrusion. I can't wait to play with his beastly full moveset next month!

TreIII

AdawgDaFAB said:
This is partly true. However Sorin is basically completely new and all the SB3 NPCs are getting big overhauls (just look at how crazy that Sasuke video is). Plus the newer characters from SB3 that were NPCs like Muneshige and Kingo are getting full movesets instead of the 2-3 skills they had as NPCs in 3.

What I meant, mainly, was that in the end, Hisahide was the only character who had a brand-new character model made explicitly for this game.

So, as much as I would have loved the likes of Hideyoshi, Hanbei and Nagamasa to come back, there was really nothing to go on that anybody else from SB2/H was going to get that same treatment (yet).

In fact, this very game, in a lot of ways, seems like it's basically a nice testbed for an eventual SB4. They're just getting everybody in this game out of the way before adding in any more veteran or new characters, more than likely.

Have some more gameplay videos! Today is Kingo's time in the spotlight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CCdMIUqafk

Hondam from KW said:
Hideaki's perks- Eating a carrot gives skills a power up, and using correct timing when his pan lights up makes him use that lobster-munchin move (where he nibbles on it while kicking in front. Or I think it was that, anyway. Only thing in his video that had a lobster in it..)

[...]

The carrot perk is part of his MoguMogu Kingo skill in which he pulls out a random food item and eats it. Get the carrot and you get a power up, and holding the skill lets you use his eating recovery move.

As far as the lobster goes, I'm pretty sure it's only activated whenever you time Hideaki's pan lighting up with using the Mogumogu skill input. Get it right and he'll do that little kick move which then allows for more chains.

________

As predicted last week, this week's Famitsu issue revealed the return of our resident fighting married couple. I hope we get a great vid for them on Thursday like we did for Kenshin and Kasuga.

________

Here is a video of, presumably, the game's opening (it has the most recent Story PV afterwards):
http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm15868326

Maeda Toshiie and Matsu gameplay video is up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3ilFZLB0Do

Matsu =
e5001407.gif
e5001385.gif

Her biggest problem in the old games was that a lot of her skills knocked the enemies away, crippling combo ability. I love how some of those have been upgraded now to fix that:
- Her poke rekkas, Koryu Suiseidzuki, can be canceled before the knockback hit and chained together nicely.
- She can run with the boars, to keep up and combo afterwards.
- The transition from doing 1 or 2 of the 3 hits in the rushdown attack, Koryu Amakakeboshi, is much smoother than before. This will make it very useful to get in close and combo after it.

The bird skill upgrade and being able to ride on Goroumaru are both fantastic as well.

My only concern for her is with the moles. The moles used to catch enemies in place, which was really useful for stunlock style combos and was why it's my favorite skill of hers. Now it looks like it sends them off in a fanning out movement. I hope her perk allows you to do both this new version and the old version.

Speaking of perks:
- Inuchiyo's perk sounds similar to Tsuruhime's second super skill where if you perfectly time his skill charges just right they will be really powered up (I imagine that is what the huge fire pillar at the end of his video was showing).

- Matsu's perk involves holding down the skill button when summoning animals for them to stay around longer. This is most likely how you ride Garoumaru.

Tizoc said:
Woah woah woah
That Tenkai vid has a new stage and a new enemy unit with a box on it's head.
I believe that stage is Yamazaki, Mitsuhide vs Mitsunari + Ieyasu from when they were both working for Hideyoshi.

Also, Tiger in a box = lol wat.

Tizoc said:
Gotta love that feudual Japanese shipping~
Isn't that why the Japanese fangirls flock to this series so much?
e5010914.gif

Alas, in this particular stage's case it just feels like they didn't have Hideyoshi and Hanbei playable so they put his top lieutenants in the boss slot for Yamazaki instead.

Speaking of H&H, I still hope that in SB4 both return and you get to do a stage with Ieyasu where you defeat Hideyoshi.

Just bought this and I'm overwhelmed by the awesomeness contained in this game.

I've always played Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors (although I remember to have played Devil Kings on ps2) and I chose to bite at the game for 20€.
So much goodness for such a small amount of money.

SB manages to be superior to DW7 because:
- can rely on a good storytelling
- every character has a unique presentation and "style of fight"
- has superior animations, combo and musou style

Not everything is perfect: I'd have liked better if the game didn't create "multiverses"; if Mitsunari in history lost why give the chance to win? They managed to create an engaging rivalry/story but they forgot to add a simple "Story Mode". Meh.

Also,
the ending battle against Mitsunari/Ieyasu with the main theme cueing is so engaging, I remember to have smiled while playing.
Nice stuff.

And please, Capcom, for the love of god please redo Tadakadsu Honda character. Why on earth a robot? Why?

Translated info
[url]http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/single/?p=9028994&t=6799057[/url] said:
Shingen's perk: Furinkazan Combo If his skills are unleashed in a certain order, he gets a huge attack bonus temporarily
&#20405;&#25504;&#12377;&#12427;&#12371;&#12392;&#28779;&#12398;&#22914;&#12367; Aggresive like the Fire: the fire punch. If Furinkazan Combo is active then he also launches fireball
&#21205;&#12363;&#12374;&#12427;&#12371;&#12392;&#23665;&#12398;&#22914;&#12367; Immovable like the Mountain: the hit ground to spike rocks thing
&#30693;&#12426;&#38627;&#12365;&#12371;&#12392;&#38512;&#12398;&#22914;&#12367; Stealth like the Shadow (super skill): charge toward the enemy and juggle them. If Furinkazan Combo is active he charges further and spikes a mountain when juggling
Basara attack is the similar meteor rain thing

Ujimasa's perk: When putting the moxibustion hat on, he moves faster. When being inhibited by an ancestor spirit, his skills are imbued with 'Past Glory'
&#21271;&#26465;&#23478;&#39131;&#27085;&#22825;&#22806; Hojo Clan Flying Spear Beyond Heavens: throws the spear, but he couldn't let go his grip so he flies together with the spear (&#12385;&#12423;&#65367;&#65367;&#65367;)
&#21271;&#26465;&#23478;&#27703;&#32080;&#22885;&#32681; Hojo Clan Freezing Secret Technique: the ice attack thing, still with the fatigue that can be negated if his perk is on
&#21271;&#26465;&#23478;&#26628;&#20809;&#30427;&#34928; Hojo Clan Glory Rise & Fall (super skill): a great ancestor's spirit inhibits his body
Basara attack is the good ol' creeping away from surrounding ancestors

New skills
Tsuruhime - &#28037;&#27075;&#12398;&#25171;&#12385;&#24339; Nehan no Uchiyumi (Nirvana's Hitting Bow) - close range attack where she spins & blow away enemies with her bow
Motochika - &#20116;&#32645; Gora (5-Silk): Punch, taunt & kick [eh isn't this a returning skill from past game?]

Improvements
Motonari - When using &#21629;&#12376;&#25163;“&#23556;” Arrow Shooting skill, the shooting speed increase from holding the button is maintained even after releasing the button. If the button is still being held, the arrows will accelerate even further when passing a &#24382;&#12365;&#25163;“&#22721;” repel wall, and will be only reflected when hitting a second wall

Yoshihiro - The &#31034;&#29694;&#27969;&#12288;&#22825;&#38647; Jigenryu Tenrai skill no longer increase damage received, has prolonged effect duration, and pressing the button again when the skill's active will deactivate it immediately

Kotarou - The combo attack that's unleashed after juggling enemies with holding &#23888; Storm skill button can be activated from more skills; it can now be activated from &#36339; Leap, &#25955; Scatter and &#23553; Seal skills by tapping buttons after these skills

Nobunaga - The &#30561;&#35226;&#12473;&#12523;&#20845;&#39764; Slumbering Demons skill that switches between shotgun & devil modes can now be activated mid-air too

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201110/20052131.html
Renders for Hojo + Shingen and their gameplay video.

Here is the same video on Youtube for those who prefer that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvDk7jdGNEU

"Past Glory" Ujimasa is a badass!

Tizoc

AdawgDaFAB said:
Isn't that why the Japanese fangirls flock to this series so much?
e5010914.gif
lol by shipping I meant delivery service.

Man Hideyoshi needs to be DLC for PS3, to heck with the Wii (no offense to Wii owners, but come on, IT'S HIDEYOSHI!)

TreIII

Alessandro said:
Not everything is perfect: I'd have liked better if the game didn't create "multiverses"; if Mitsunari in history lost why give the chance to win? They managed to create an engaging rivalry/story but they forgot to add a simple "Story Mode". Meh.

The "multiverse" concept is pretty much the only way a game series like BASARA can afford to give all of the characters a decent chance to be awesome, within their own stories. For the sake of the series, it works out well enough. It's also how you're able to tell different types of narratives that do a bit more to fit the various characters.

I mean, if you want an idea of what can happen when the series focuses too much on one character/viewpoint? Go watch the anime and fairly recent movie, where it's basically the "Masamune and friends" show. It's the main reason why I can't appreciate BASARA beyond the games.

Tizoc said:
Man Hideyoshi needs to be DLC for PS3, to heck with the Wii (no offense to Wii owners, but come on, IT'S HIDEYOSHI!)

Just wait for SB4, I say. By 4, we should hopefully be getting a game that actually utilizes the MT Framework in full, brings back more of our SB2Heroes-era characters and, ideally, should be for PS3 and WiiU.

Utage is just meant to "hold us over" while Kobayashi and crew can get to work on that game.

kuroshiki said:
Ugh. Any chance this will release in US? I bought SB3 but no Kasuga was such a devastating change.

Pretty much 0%. Capcom has effectively given up on BASARA localization in the West.

I just noticed something while rewatching the Shingen video. He has his entire SB2 moveset and it's only 6 skills. That means he should be getting one brand new super skill, unless they short change some of the new characters who don't have story modes.

I'm also surprised that it seems his BASARA charge skill is a normal skill instead of a super skill (since it was one of the 4 used in the Furinkazan activation combo). I would have thought it would be a Super Skill.

Dead to Rights said:
So Kasuga is 100% confirmed in this version?

If I go to Japan is it possible to marry a videogame character? :3
Yup she is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmVmKGMIv7k

All of the 16 playable characters from SB3 are returning:

01. Tokugawa Ieyasu
02. Ishida Mitsunari
03. Otani Yoshitsugu
04. Saika Magoichi
05. Kuroda Kanbei
06. Tsuruhime
07. Date Masamune
08. Sanada Yukimura
09. Maeda Keiji
10. Chosokabe Motochika
11. Mouri Motonari
12. Shimazu Yoshihiro
13. Honda Tadakatsu
14. Fuma Kotaro
15. Oichi
16. Oda Nobunaga

All the NPCs from SB3 (+ Hisahide and Shingen) are now playable (17-24 have a story mode in Utage):

17. Matsunaga Hisahide
18. Katakura Koujuurou
19. Sarutobi Sasuke
20. Kobayakawa Hideaki
21. Tenkai / Akechi Mitsuhide
22. Mogami Yoshiaki
23. Tachibana Muneshige
24. Otomo Sorin
25. Uesugi Kenshin
26. Kasuga
27. Maeda Toshiie
28. Matsu
29. Takeda Shingen
30. Hojo Ujimasa

EvaTType01

Neo Member
okay how is this gonna work for me, do i have to buy the original sengoku basara 3 JP version also to get the ful experience?

Other than losing out on extra money stuff for having the original sb3 save, is there any more? ( i bought the english version, shame on me.....)

I would love to pre-order this game if it meant it was like Sengoku Basara 3 but with added features and such.

EvaTType01 said:
okay how is this gonna work for me, do i have to buy the original sengoku basara 3 JP version also to get the ful experience?

Other than losing out on extra money stuff for having the original sb3 save, is there any more? ( i bought the english version, shame on me.....)

I would love to pre-order this game if it meant it was like Sengoku Basara 3 but with added features and such.
SB3 and SB3U are seperate and aren't needed to fully enjoy either one. However, having both has it's benefits. For SB3U you get the bonuses, as you know, when first starting the game if you have certain things done in SB3. Besides that, the saves are shared so progress you make in SB3U or SB3 would carry over between both (up to SB3s level caps of course).

SB3Us modes that have been shown so far are: Story modes for the main 8 new playable characters, Conquest mode like the old games had, VS mode and other mini-games. IDK if it's been confirmed or not but it wouldn't make sense for them to not include a free mode either, since SB3 had one.

_________

Mogami Yoshiaki's video:
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201110/24052404.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lizP4P7V06Q

EvaTType01

Neo Member
AdawgDaFAB said:
SB3 and SB3U are seperate and aren't needed to fully enjoy either one. However, having both has it's benefits. For SB3U you get the bonuses, as you know, when first starting the game if you have certain things done in SB3. Besides that, the saves are shared so progress you make in SB3U or SB3 would carry over between both (up to SB3s level caps of course).

SB3Us modes that have been shown so far are: Story modes for the main 8 new playable characters, Conquest mode like the old games had, VS mode and other mini-games. IDK if it's been confirmed or not but it wouldn't make sense for them to not include a free mode either, since SB3 had one.

_________

Mogami Yoshiaki's video:
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201110/24052404.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lizP4P7V06Q

Thanks! Its almost the same as the ps2 version of sengoku basara 2, okay. I think im gonna get the original japanese version then, its just not the same with the American voices, im used to the JP voices from the anime and ps2 games. Though i am gonna miss Troy bakers and Liam obrien voices ; ;

sad to see that utage will not come out here, it was inevtibale since capcom really wasnt putting any sort of promotional effort to advertise their game. sigh, I think i Remeber Sb2heroes had a free mode, it would only make sense to have a Free mode, or else i will be really sad.... they should bring kingdom mode back!

Otomo Sorin gameplay video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJUDRy-rzMI

BlackKite from KW said:
Sorin's perks
His powerups depend on the soldiers that are 'captured' by the Xavi angels.
The newly converted follower can be released anytime with Select (taunt) button

We should be getting another PV Wednesday (so late night Tuesday in the US).

We also got the Famitsu review for the game already, 8-8-8-8 so 32/40.

So the game is only 1 week away now, anyone else super excited?

Here is the 4th PV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QyhMcoal-4

It shows: the Japanese Mini-Games mode, a new way to get multiple bodyguards at once, versus mode, some of the new / returning enemy types, the new BASARA difficulty level (which looks potentially brutal), leveling going past 100 and how we can now buy regional items we had to grind stages for in SB3.

For anyone who can read Japanese, 4gamer also did an article talking about the different modes:
http://www.4gamer.net/games/136/G013660/20111102073/

Wiki for the game is up. I remember when SB3 first came out the masterwiki page for it had a lot of good info and was easily usable via google translate.

http://masterwiki.net/basara3utage/

Capcom put up a video on their youtube that has some hosts playing split screen co-op as Hisahide and Sasuke through all of the Keiji festival stage (stoping right at the Keiji battle itself) as well as Hisahide in a boss rush mode of sorts (not sure the exact mode it is):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSx_l02DVYY#t=14m

Final (?) video for the game. It shows upgrades the SB3 cast got in Utage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfZjaJ5xRc0

New Info
BlackKite from KW said:
The item system is greatly revamped here. You no longer produce items from materials; all purchases are back to simply involving money.

Weapon can now be enhanced from using it frequently (weapon EXP), and it seems like item slots will increase through this way.

The 'Morale' that comes from amount of owned bases (which only affected boss strengths in SB3) will now also affect enemy spawn rates

Personal item has indeed been condensed to a single item
Personal item will be available in the shop once the character has cleared Unification mode once

Bodyguards that are already unlocked do not carry over their friendship levels
Hattori Hanzou will now guarantee the appearance of fugitives even at friendship Lv0

There are no more alternate A-B type weapons, so now there are only 7 weapons in total for a character

The guide box that keeps popping up can now be opted to 'always show', 'never show', or 'show only once'

Info from V Jump Guide Book

BlackKite from KW said:
Complete list of Personal Item effects

Matsunaga Hisahide: Permanent Blaze Border mode
Katakura Kojuurou: Permanent Moonless Slaughter mode
Sarutobi Sasuke: When dashing, jumping or evading, spawn kagebunshins which will attack enemies
Kobayakawa Hideaki: Eating with 'Chewing Kingo' when health is full will change the food to deluxe ones. Health will also recover even when eating normal food
Akechi Tenkai: Permanent &#20195;&#20767;&#30340;&#12288;&#32118;&#38914; Compensation-like Climax mode
Mogami Yoshiaki: Taunt move becomes Play Dead. During this state, health & Basara gauge will fill up
Tachibana Muneshige: Start with Thunder mode activated, and the prolonged chainsaw attack has +2 hits
Otomo Sorin: Converted soldiers receive massive stat boost, but in exchange the damage received by Sorin becomes 5 times bigger
Uesugi Kenshin: When God Region is active, increase movement speed and all attacks have Ice element. God Region activation time is also prolonged
Kasuga: Any attacks will bind the hit enemies
Maeda Toshiie: Faster movement and power up all skills & super skill
Matsu: Attacks that use animals have twice more power
Hojo Ujimasa: Activation time for both Moxibustion and Past Glory mode become 3 times longer
Takeda Shingen: Faster movement and power up all skills & super skill

New effects for SB3 character PIs
Sanada Yukimura: Permanent Nekketsu Daifunka mode (no more HP reduction?)
Tokugawa Ieyasu: Permanent Hood on head which reduces charge time
Maeda Keiji: When taunting, the surrounding soldiers will follow the dance. If there are soldiers dancing the Basara gauge will be filled
Tsuruhime: Permanent soap cover which will enshroud enemies touched during a dash with soap
Otani Yoshitsugu: Hitting enemies that are locked on will add +3 hits and also Dark element
Ishida Mitsunari: &#24656;&#24822; Terrifying Fear activation time becomes unlimited. And also attach 15% Dark element to any weapons
Kuroda Kanbei: Greatly increase number of spinning times when using Spinning skill. Also, a bomb is set up when evading
Fuuma Kotarou: All aerial attacks have Both Critical & 3 hits per attack
Chousokabe Motochika: The 4-Bind net gets powered up by adding thorns on it. Some more enemies that couldn't be trapped before will be able to be trapped with this
Hondam Tadakatsu: All super skills have no time limitation. Health will no longer decrease in Electromagnetic Mode
Oda Nobunaga: Greatly increase activation time for both Battle Boost & Battle Drive
Those not listed have the same effects from SB3

Extra character unlocking methods
Uesugi Kenshin: Clear story of either Katakura Kojuro or Kobayakawa Hideaki
Kasuga: Clear story of either Sarutobi Sasuke or Tachibana Muneshige
Maeda Toshiie: Clear story of either Matsunaga Hisahide or Tenkai
Matsu: Clear story of either Mogami Yoshiaki or Otomo Sorin
Hojo Ujimasa: Clear 5 stories
Takeda Shingen: Clear all 8 stories

The 6 extra characters are confirmed to only have 1 super skill each
(Well at least they still have 5 normal skills, so 6 total skills in overall)

Top Bottom