• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Burst |OT| We Now Live In a Post Happy Boobs Wrapped World

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Does this version of the game have three levels of supers (the third has to be unlocked) for every character?

yeah the framerate is pretty bad, lol.

Looked pretty bad in the preview videos. That kind of sucks; the Vita sequel plays very, very smoothly and going backwards to the 3DS version from that is gonna hurt a bit, lol.

It took a while to finish downloading but it was worth the wait. I need to experiment with all the characters though to really figure out these combos.

Sushigod7

Didn't seem to make much difference to me. Even if there is, I think the 3D looks pretty good so I'd keep it on. FWIW, the choppiness was more noticeable to me outside of combat, where it doesn't really matter.

Noticed the same thing during transformations it stutters pretty bad but I haven't encountered much during actual gameplay. Reminds me of Code of Princess just more boobs.

so could someone give an overview on combat? Is it standard 2 button light/heavy setup? Are there fighting game inputs? How does juggling work? Is there any defensive moves like rolls, counters etc.

ty!

The game part is better than I expected but nothing really complicated. Still enough to make me wanto try Shinobi Vesrus.

The Story part is a pleasant surprise, is actually kind of charming.

so could someone give an overview on combat? Is it standard 2 button light/heavy setup? Are there fighting game inputs? How does juggling work? Is there any defensive moves like rolls, counters etc.

ty!

To me is kind of too early to tell, at least in the part of the Hanzo story I'm in (Firts mission) it seems pretty obvious that there is unlockable battle stuff. But is mainly heavy/light.

ty!

Im only two hours in but this is what I have picked up. You got a light, a heavy, and A is a dash attack with invul frames so it works as a dodge as well. no complicated inputs whatsoever, you mash lights and heavys, press A when prompt after a string of attacks for a launcher, then get into an aerial combo where you continue the process, which can last for a couple of strings midair till your back on the ground, you can continue the combo with a dash immediately into a string, which is followed by an air combo for a higher score. Frantic is a phase in which you have higher attack with lower defense, and can use ninja arts to deal full screen damage. shinobi is a phase you can choose if you don't want frantic that is more balanced and gives access to arts. Arts are unlocked with level ups. Yin is a meter that raises after successful missions with frantic enabled that lets you string light attacks more or less endlessly (giving you launcher options when using a heavy to finish a string) It also gives you more invul frames on dash and higher strength/defense. I have no idea what yang does yet but It can be looked up in the games library. Chars have the same inputs but play differently so far, Kat is my favorite because she is pretty fast and uses hand to hand. Ikaruga is noticilbly slower but has good range with her sword. Each character has unique arts.

edit: R also works as a counter incase you get trapped in an enemy combo, and can be used at all times I believe.

kiryogi

Banned
Fun thing about the Yin and Yang BTW, you'll notice some changes in your character as you progress along each style . . . :D

During tha Hanzo part, I must say that I like:

Gamplay wise: Kat

Character Wise: Ikaruga, then Asuka and Kat
when she is not in blood knight mode

Design: Ikaruga (or Asuka with a bob cut)

Finished the first chapter and I want to try the other story arc and characters but dunno if it is recommendable.

ohlawd

yo how do I get Yin points?

All 5 of my Hanzo chicks are all on Yang. I got Hibari's Yang maxed out and she's got a little Yin and iunno how that happened.

zroid

Banned
better than other beat em ups on the 3DS such as CoP

Haven't played CoP, but the framerate is pretty much fine for the actual "beat 'em up" portion of the game. At least, it seemed fine to me. It gets low during the inter-mission portions and the transformation sequences.

kiryogi

Banned
yo how do I get Yin points?

All 5 of my Hanzo chicks are all on Yang. I got Hibari's Yang maxed out and she's got a little Yin and iunno how that happened.

Frantic mode = Yin

Bare it all!

I'll go into a little more detail from way back in the day:

-Now the fun thing about the systems is that it's essentially promoting the Yin/Yang style system the game has. (or in this case, Sadism and Masochism) Sticking to the normal shinobi style will raise the girl's Yang/Sadism which shows as she'll sound a lot more aggressive. While choosing to go the swimsuit route will raise her Yin/Masochism, so she'll sound a lot more submissive. For example, when you go into swimsuit mode, if she's more Yang, she'll just give a furious battle roar. However, were you to go into swimsuit mode when it's more Yin centric, she'll give out a moan. The girl's portrait will also reflect this during appropriate transformations.

ohlawd

Frantic mode = Yin

Bare it all!

I haven't been touching it since you don't get a ranking for the character you do it with. I essentially have to do all these missions like six times, huh? -_-

One for each girl so that's five then the 6th cuz Frantic Mode.

zroid

Banned
adkr.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Frantic mode is more fun. I prefer the regular costumes most of the time though so it's sort of a win/lose proposition.

This game is more fun than Versus. Glad I can finally understand the plot of it though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
didn't expect +40 coins but it's real :eek:

Platinum 2014 get~

Depending on when certain 2014 games come out I might be something ridiculous like three or four times over platinum because I only buy digitally. That being said I'll likely be just fine because there's no way all the good stuff comes out before June 1st.

This game is tits!

I'm really on the fence about getting this game. I do tend to like beat-em-ups if they're well made and it does look fun but I'm super reluctant about actually dropping the 30 bucks on an impulse buy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm really on the fence about getting this game. I do tend to like beat-em-ups if they're well made and it does look fun but I'm super reluctant about actually dropping the 30 bucks on an impulse buy.

Do you like surprisingly beat em ups with lots of content?

Do you like anime tropes?

Do you like ridiculously over the top bust lines?

Do you like shockingly well written story segments?

Do you like battle damaged clothes?

If even a few of these interest you, get the game. It's certainly jam packed with content.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I thought it was the internet at the place I was at today but yeah, the eshop was slow as hell for the first hour. It only moved around ten percent. Then I left, took a ten minute shower and it was done when I came back so it looked like it unclogged itself.

Do you like surprisingly beat em ups with lots of content?

Do you like anime tropes?

Do you like ridiculously over the top bust lines?

Do you like shockingly well written story segments?

Do you like battle damaged clothes?

If even a few of these interest you, get the game. It's certainly jam packed with content.

Haha, yes I do like these things. I'm considering it.

kiryogi

Banned
Frantic mode is more fun. I prefer the regular costumes most of the time though so it's sort of a win/lose proposition.

This game is more fun than Versus. Glad I can finally understand the plot of it though.

Yeah, while mechanics in Shinovi are more sound, the stages are really short in comparison to Burst.

And indeed, Frantic mode is all or nothing. Later stages, taking any hits at all is fatal, but it feels great mowing down crowds. And once you level it high enough, you can do some insane aerial raving.

Let it be known to everyone though, that you want to level both Yin and Yang. Once both bars are maxed out, you gain access to the girl's Senran mode, which is the best of both worlds IE god mode.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The game hinted that something is unlocked from getting the star rating on every level (i.e. a Frantic clear) so I'm doing that first.

K.Sabot

Is the director of this game the guy who said something like "ass is hometown"? Because that was fucking hilarious.

If it's a boxed game you have all the time in the world. If it's an eShop/WiiWare/DSiWare then you have a time limit but it's very generous.

I've come across codes in Gamecube games that didn't give me points. They'll be added to my library, but didn't give coins. So I think reasonable, or within the generation for boxed copies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is the director of this game the guy who said something like "ass is hometown"? Because that was fucking hilarious.
Yes, he said "Tits are life, ass is hometown" It's the same guy, & he is pretty open about why he made the series.

Depending on what it is, I'll start doing Frantic Mode.
From what I remember, you unlock the
secret character(s?) on the select screen
. But I'm not really seeing much via Google.

It's early to say but it might be my favorite beat 'em up released this year.

High praise for the year that brought you Dragon's Crown (although admittedly it's pretty much only missing the damaged clothing from your list, and your mileage may vary on DC's writing).

Hubb

Well Bought. For some reason I thought it was coming out tomorrow (15th). Hopefully this exceeds Xseed's expectations. I would love to see versus.

Top Bottom