• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Burst |OT| We Now Live In a Post Happy Boobs Wrapped World

Hatsuu

XSEED
Yeah, found that weird as well. Was that the icon used in the JPN version? Seems kind of weird, since it's not really one you'd associate with the game.

It was in the Japanese version, yes. I made the eShop icons with Asuka, but the dev team made the home icon. We've been getting this question a lot, but as far as I know, we're not really sure what it means either.

It was in the Japanese version, yes. I made the eShop icons with Asuka, but the dev team made the home icon. We've been getting this question a lot, but as far as I know, we're not really sure what it means either.

Isn't it related to 飛鳥 in any way? lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's the bird.
Guess I haven't seen him yet, as I've only done about 2 missions so far.

Must resist Surfin' Bird joke...

Honestly, that eShop icon looks a lot better because I can see it & instantly think "Yup, that's for Senran Kagura" because it's the main character (well, one of them, but still). It's much more recognizable. Oh well, a very small nitpick. Perhaps one that'll disappear once I play more & get used to it/see the bird for myself.

Edit: So I'm not sure if I'm either not doing it "correctly" or I have to beat the game, but I've heard
if ya blow into the mic while in the dressing room with a character wearing a skirt, it'll react to the wind.

nmanma

This game is a decent beat em up so far (just unlocked chapter 2). I'm liking the writing too, rub a dub dub notwithstanding. Only framerate issues I've had have been on the menu room and in transformations (mostly Asuka, other kaguras transform fine more often than not)

One thing I really liked was how each track of the BGM had a little commentary by their composers, I don't usually pay much attention to music in videogames, but it's nice to have some insight on how that music is created

ohlawd

what are your guys' fave animations? Framerate aside I think they're well done. I really like Asuka's when she does the side victory sign on her left eye and her right hand's on her hip during her shinobi transformation. Too cute.

Edit: So I'm not sure if I'm either not doing it "correctly" or I have to beat the game, but I've heard
if ya blow into the mic while in the dressing room with a character wearing a skirt, it'll react to the wind.
yeah gotta beat the game for that. Amazing feature.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, I just realized if you beat the stage in Frantic Mode, it only counts for that character. So do I have to beat all the stage in Frantic Mode with ONE character to unlock the reward, or can it be spread across all 5 characters for one school?

Based Kenichiro Takaki doing the lord's work.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Has anyone else run into issues where the screen jerks back and forth uncontrollably during a Mission? The first time it happened, I thought it was just a weird glitch, but it's been happening pretty frequently where it feels like the camera is having a seizure, even when I'm standing still.

I'm still not 100% clear on the Yin and Yang mechanic. I have both filled about halfway for several of the characters, and I was prompted that something now changes once I switch to either Shinobi or Frantic modes, but I'm not entirely sure what. Also, is there any reason to NOT go into Shinobi or Frantic mode right away?

It's pretty good so far. What I expected and then some.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm still not 100% clear on the Yin and Yang mechanic. I have both filled about halfway for several of the characters, and I was prompted that something now changes once I switch to either Shinobi or Frantic modes, but I'm not entirely sure what. Also, is there any reason to NOT go into Shinobi or Frantic mode right away?
According to the Terms in the library:

"By performing a Shinobi Transformation, one calls upon the Yang attribute, enabling the effects listed below:

- Enables longer combos & Yang moves
- Allows one extra Aerial Rave loop
- Increases speed of Short Dash[/quote]Not sure what Yin does or what "Yang moves" are, but that's what the game says. You can also tell by the fact with Yang, I think they blush while during the transformation when their clothing changes.

& I think going into Shinobi refills your health, from what I remember. I know that's what happens in SV.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
According to the Terms in the library:

"By performing a Shinobi Transformation, one calls upon the Yang attribute, enabling the effects listed below:

- Enables longer combos & Yang moves
- Allows one extra Aerial Rave loop
- Increases speed of Short Dash
Not sure what Yin does or what "Yang moves" are, but that's what the game says. You can also tell by the fact with Yang, I think they blush while during the transformation when their clothing changes.

& I think going into Shinobi refills your health, from what I remember. I know that's what happens in SV.

Maybe that prompt was just letting me know that those extra effects were active in Shinobi and Frantic modes. I guess I'm wondering if there's any advantage to not just go Frantic or go into Shinobi transform, since you can do so after only a single combo or two.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Okay, so I just got Yin with Asuka & it says when you go into Frantic Mode, you call upon Yin, which gives you:

- Weak attacks can be chained together infinitely
- Longer combos & Yin moves
- Attack power is greatly increased
- Short Dash invincibility time is extended
- Defensive power is greatly decreased

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Protip: Maxing out the Yang and Yin Bars gives you a Flash(Senran) mode. Combines/mixes the abilities of both.

Or so I've read.

HyperHip

I must say the backgrounds are really nice in this game. I'm kinda surprised about the graphics in this game in general, really clean/colorful looking.

Downloading!

Is COP worth buying on sale for 20 bones?

I'd say 20 bucks is a fair price for the game, it's framerate is horrid but it's still a fun title with a nice variety of characters, a leveling system, collectable items, and local/online Co-op & Versus.

Downloaded this earlier and played a bit. Really liking it so far. I've only done 3 missions but the combat is really fun.

I really like the 3D in this game. Boobs coming out of the screen.

Framerate is pretty bad but it doesn't really bother me. Oh yeah and playing dress up is a lot of fun too. :p

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Whoa, that is really bizarre. I've never seen that before. Does it keep repeating with every mission?

It happens randomly, but not infrequently. Usually it's after a fight or after a transformation. I have no idea why. Right now, I can still play because I'm pretty early and I don't even need to see all that well to get A ranks, but I imagine it could be a problem later... and it's annoying.

I tried redownloading the game last night, too. :(

Hatsuu

XSEED
It happens randomly, but not infrequently. Usually it's after a fight or after a transformation. I have no idea why. Right now, I can still play because I'm pretty early and I don't even need to see all that well to get A ranks, but I imagine it could be a problem later... and it's annoying.

Huh. Maybe uninstall/re-download SKB? I know for some games, that clears up any issues.

Hatsuu

XSEED
Alright, I'm going to try to completely delete it and redownload it.

Could it have anything to do with my SD card? Though if it did, I imagine more people would be having this issue. I'm using this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B7ID99I/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I honestly couldn't tell you, since I've never seen the issue come up before. I don't think QA reported it either. But if it does happen again, try writing to support@xseedgames.com and we'll see if we can work through it.

zroid

Banned
Okay, seriously. Is this not happening for anyone else? I'm about to have a seizure here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1rTeLsdMQ8&feature=youtu.be

1314630642519.gif

that's messed up dude

I tried redownloading the game last night, too. :(

After 3D's supposed to disable itself? Shot in the dark here, but try messing with the slider. Probably won't do anything, but couldn't hurt to try.

GeekyDad

Okay, seriously. Is this not happening for anyone else? I'm about to have a seizure here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1rTeLsdMQ8&feature=youtu.be

Wow...

Maybe try deleting it and re-downloading it. Maybe even format your SD card beforehand. Good Lord. I've experienced some minor framerate dipping at the base, but combat has been smooth for me. Definitely nothing like that. I literally was getting sick in my stomach and my head started to spin watching that video -- holy fuck!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Completely deleting the game from my SD card and then redownloading it seemed to do the trick. Simply choosing Repair from the eShop and redownloading wasn't enough, apparently. Thanks to everyone for the advice. I'm glad that's sorted out. No more eyestrain! :)

After 3D's supposed to disable itself? Shot in the dark here, but try messing with the slider. Probably won't do anything, but couldn't hurt to try.

It actually seemed more to do with dramatic shifts in the camera would leave the camera "unstuck" and confused. For example, when a fight area was cleared, the "GO!" appearing might cause it, or me running into the next area, or the camera reverting back after a a transformation. I did play around with the slider to see if it changed anything, with no luck.

P90

I am enjoying the game. Good purchase. :)

The framrate is a mild eyesore, but I'm loving the gameplay.

Tried to download this game this morning, should of checked the size. It is massive! I'm going to have buy a new SD card, does anyone know the gigabyte to block ratio? Alternatively, I am buying the new Zelda 3DS bundle. Does anyone know the size of the SD cards in XLs?

spiritfox

Tried to download this game this morning, should of checked the size. It is massive! I'm going to have buy a new SD card, does anyone know the gigabyte to block ratio? Alternatively, I am buying the new Zelda 3DS bundle. Does anyone know the size of the SD cards in XLs?

8 bytes to a block IIRC. And they should be 4GB, unless the Zelda one is different.

zroid

Banned
16GB SD cards are probably the ideal size for people who don't generally download retail games, but purchase eShop games somewhat regularly. If you almost never buy anything from the eShop, you might be okay with 8GB.

Anyone who buys retail games from the eShop would probably be best served by a 32GB card

8 bytes to a block IIRC. And they should be 4GB, unless the Zelda one is different.

it's actually 8 blocks to 1 MB (128 kB each)

divide blocks by 8 to get the filesize in MB

ohlawd

Yomi is freaking hilarious. I'm enjoying the Hebijo side of the story a great deal.

No real downsides to always playing Frantic. Not like you're locked in between Yang and Yin.

How does the rating system work?

They show the number of enemies defeated, highest combo, Ninja Arts used and time. Most of those are self explainatory, however does it help or hurt the ranking to use Ninpos alot? What about using the R counter attack? Also, I'd assume taking more damage also negatively effects rankings.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is there any reason why you shouldn't be in swimsuit mode?
Frantic Mode? You have MUCH lower health (since you don't have any clothing to "absorb" extra damage) and I recall you have lower defense as well (including when you get Yin). However, if you're careful, it's better to use it on easier stages since you can just blaze through it with your stronger attacks.

*Puts eyepatch on Yagyu*

This...isn't quite what I expected to happen. And here I thought Hibari was the ditzy one. >.>

It actually seemed more to do with dramatic shifts in the camera would leave the camera "unstuck" and confused. For example, when a fight area was cleared, the "GO!" appearing might cause it, or me running into the next area, or the camera reverting back after a a transformation. I did play around with the slider to see if it changed anything, with no luck.

Ah. Well, glad you got the game working properly now that you've re-downloaded it.

How does the rating system work?

They show the number of enemies defeated, highest combo, Ninja Arts used and time. Most of those are self explainatory, however does it help or hurt the ranking to use Ninpos alot? What about using the R counter attack? Also, I'd assume taking more damage also negatively effects rankings.

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, but from what I can tell in the time I spent A-ranking and Frantic-ing the entirety of Ch. 1, it's purely time-based. Try not to let yourself get hit-stunned or knocked down, don't perform aerial overkill unless you're building meter (took me a while to realize the enemy health bar was at the top-right lol), and don't be afraid to use Ninpo at the start of a fight.

Frantic Mode? You have MUCH lower health (since you don't have any clothing to "absorb" extra damage) and I recall you have lower defense as well (including when you get Yin). However, if you're careful, it's better to use it on easier stages since you can just blaze through it with your stronger attacks.

Just defense goes down. Health AND defense? You'd probably get OHKO'd. :p

Top Bottom