• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Burst |OT| We Now Live In a Post Happy Boobs Wrapped World

I can't really vouch for this game, and I know this doesn't really answer your question, but I was honestly really disappointed with Code of Princess. Way too short, not enough content in general, and a lot of problems with too much on the screen at one time so you can't really tell what the hell's going on. Honestly I probably wouldn't recommend it.

Hmm okay thanks. Does anyone know about the content level of this game? It seems like it'll be more. Guess I need to wait for impressions and reviews.

Hatsuu

XSEED
You owe me some KID theories

I actually can't really share much at this point, haha. I asked SUDA too many questions and got too many answers, so many of my theories were both confirmed and dispelled. It's hard to remember my original theories!

Gbraga

I actually can't really share much at this point, haha. I asked SUDA too many questions and got too many answers, so many of my theories were both confirmed and dispelled. It's hard to remember my original theories!

So they're not theories anymore, they're TRUTHFACTS? Even better.

EDIT: Also, it's pretty damn cool that he talked to you about it like that, as if you were two fans discussing a game's plot. Usually devs try to pass themselves as superior and are like "YOU HAVE TO FIGURE IT OUT I'M TOO AWESOME TO SPEAK LOOK HOW VAGUE I AM WOW SUCH THEORIES MUCH PLOT", but Suda seems to be very open to talking about his games, he actually looks excited when someone starts talking to him about his games.

But you do work in the industry, so he may not be as open to random fans.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
6 people at my GameStop waiting to get a PS4....at 1 PM. Anycase, $3 for a $35 eShop card, got my 3DS hooked up to the college internet, will have it download in Sleep Mode while attending Algebra & should hopefully be finished by the time I'm done.

6 people at my GameStop waiting to get a PS4....at 1 PM. Anycase, $3 for a $35 eShop card, got my 3DS hooked up to the college internet, will have it download in Sleep Mode while attending Algebra & should hopefully be finished by the time I'm done.
eShop card sale going on somewhere?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
glad to see so many people buy this here... hopefully it sells well!

these posts also remind me - i was told to watch code gaess for a green haired characters, uh, story arc

Astarte

B-but I need to make sure my ramblings are at least going in the right direction!

Gbraga

glad to see so many people buy this here... hopefully it sells well!

these posts also remind me - i was told to watch code gaess for a green haired characters, uh, story arc

Do it.

Be prepared for the dumbest twist in anime history though.

B-but I need to make sure my ramblings are at least going in the right direction!

Yeah, we need to know for sure >_>

I should go back to my Very Hard playthrough soon, I'll get to it as soon as I finish Naruto's story mode.

Gotta unlock those costumes

zroid

Banned
Stopped playing after 10 minutes because I got caught up in the Zelda LBW hype train :p

I'll continue a bit later...

Ryuukan

The game understands my style of play well

mVervan.jpg

Gbraga

It's pretty entertaining if you shut out your common sense since, so many weird twists happen.

I actually do like Code Geass a lot, but god that twist. You know something is bad when you say "that part is so bad" and everyone knows exactly what you're talking about.

The game understands my style of play well

Does the game allow for creative use of the mechanics for stylish combat? I'd love to see high level Senran Kagura videos (if they already exist, I'm sorry, didn't know the franchise before this one)

jon bones

yeah i never make it past a handful of episodes of any anime. my only hope for fanservice is that a bootylicious dlc character gets put in senran kagura shinovi versus and xseed brings that to america :(

antibolo

Banned
Code Geass has my favorite ending of any TV show ever (anime or not). I was pumping the air and cried many manly tears.

The overall rest of the show was of varying quality though. I almost gave up during the second to last story arc where they resolve
her mother being still alive and a partner in the Emperor's evil plans
. It was beyond stupid. But then the show entirely redeems itself afterwards in the final 4 episodes.

Downloading! need to support xseed being crazy enough to localize this. Looks really fun honestly, sometimes I need a mindless combo room which I assume is what this game has to offer.

Scavenger

The second season absolutely destroyed me; I couldn't comprehend what was happening. What happened, sunrise?
Season 1 aired at midnight, but due to its popularity R2 got moved to the 5PM slot. R2 needed to be softened so it could fit on the 5PM slot.

R2 was a trainwreck, but it was definitely a glorious trainwreck. There were many "so bad it's good" moments in R2 and the ending totally redeemed the show.

Stop teasing me...

Proven

The ending redeemed the entire show but I can't see anything else about R2 as being anything but bad with some bits of mecha fighting fanservice.

I'm also in the middle of downloading it. Too many articles trying to spoil the cheesecake fun recently, so despite my preference for the extra value of an English dub and having it on the shelf I'm supporting this with my $ right now.

ohlawd

Looking at Hanzo girls' starting stats, Katsu is OP.

man I have to mash A just to keep Hibari's aerial rave going while Asuka and Ika-chan's are more lenient.

GeekyDad

Well, there's definitely an ebb & flow to the combat. At first I was thinking it was just gonna be completely mindless. It's mashy, to be sure, but there's surprising depth so far. I dig how you can keep the aerial raves going, then down-X into a ninpo upon landing.

Either way, the game's damned adorable. Hibari's got the absolute cutest voice. And I'd be perfectly fine if "Girl Talk" was the background theme for my life. :)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Showing as 1 month time limit for mine
Yup, mine says it expires Dec. 14th. A shame, since I just reached Platinum with AA5 & want to start saving coins for the next year. Oh well.

Got mine downloaded & hopefully will try some of it tonight.

ohlawd

Well, there's definitely an ebb & flow to the combat. At first I was thinking it was just gonna be completely mindless. It's mashy, to be sure, but there's surprising depth so far. I dig how you can keep the aerial raves going, then down-X into a ninpo upon landing.

Either way, the game's damned adorable. Hibari's got the absolute cutest voice. And I'd be perfectly fine if "Girl Talk" was the background theme for my life. :)
people may not know it yet but Yuka Iguchi is the best VA ever. Truthfact all up in here.

zroid

Banned
The game doesn't seem all that deep at first glance, but it's not too bad. Pretty button mashy, but the presentation is fairly impressive. I love the animations. :eek:

kiryogi

Banned
It's great being able to read everything now. That said, I miss the fps from Shinovi versus. . .

My tip to all. Frantic mode is best way to play :D

jon bones

about how many weeks does it take to get a good sense of sales? i'm interested in how well this does

Top Bottom