• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Burst |OT| We Now Live In a Post Happy Boobs Wrapped World

its crunch time and i need your help gaf

im trying to decide on either this or zelda albw

I want a good beat em up so im not into this for anime boobs. is this actually a good game behind its "biggest selling point"?

On the other hand 2d zelda games aren't exactly my forte. out of the games ive played(minish cap and four swords)I always get stuck at certain points and don't come back to them for awhile. but reviews are saying how albw is changing up the formula and the fact its getting 10s across the board makes me want to come back to it

well gaf?

Sushigod7

I want a good beat em up so im not into this for anime boobs. is this actually a good game behind its "biggest selling point"?

On the other hand 2d zelda games aren't exactly my forte. out of the games ive played(minish cap and four swords)I always get stuck at certain points and don't come back to them for awhile. but reviews are saying how albw is changing up the formula and the fact its getting 10s across the board makes me want to come back to it

well gaf?

If it were me Zelda probably, are you into anime and girl ninja's? Senran is the game for you.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

well gaf?

I was considering Zelda, but I can wait on it. The fact that it has a physical release means that I can probably get some deals on it down the line, whereas Senran Kagura is already discounted and probably won't drop for a while.

well gaf?
You're asking the one thread on GAF that won't immediately shout "Zelda" at you. To be perfectly honest, I would wait on gamer opinions on Zelda first, it's always been a game series that's been reviewed on a 9-10 scale, regardless of quality. That said, I would also say that it'll probably be a safer bet if you aren't already sold on SK, out of the two.

Well I'm probably getting this tomorrow. I hope the sales are good enough for them to consider bringing the Vita game over.

Boobs are not why I made the decision to purchase this game.
Yes they are. #TeamLife

zroid

Banned

well gaf?

dude

get LBW -_-

Been downloading for at least nine hours now . . . currently at 29% . . . . .

._.

You should try restarting your 3DS / reconfiguring your network settings. That isn't normal (assuming your internet speed isn't just THAT slow)

Kusagari

So in trying to download this I've finally gotten a need more space on the initial 3DS SD card.

What's a good cheap one with a lot of space?

zroid

Banned
Is it at least better than Code of Princess? This is info that I NEED to know, its the reason I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have.

as far as I can tell, the framerate is fine during actual gameplay (combat). the geometry is a lot simpler here, so it makes sense i guess. during the transformation sequences and the inter-mission parts, the fps is quite low.

as far as I can tell, the framerate is fine during actual gameplay (combat). the geometry is a lot simpler here, so it makes sense i guess. during the transformation sequences and the inter-mission parts, the fps is quite low.

Weird. It seems like something like that would be the other way around with framerate dips during combat and all the enemies on screen. But as long as it's not as sluggish as CoP's was during combat, I should enjoy it.

Weird. It seems like something like that would be the other way around with framerate dips during combat and all the enemies on screen. But as long as it's not as sluggish as CoP's was during combat, I should enjoy it.

During combat it isn't nearly as bad as CoP. It's actually not too bad at all. I actually did like CoP, but this is definitely a better game.

branny

I planned to get this with my eShop credit, but SMTIV bullied me into getting DLC, and Chris Redfield bullied me into getting Mercs 3D. Urgh!

Code of Princess disappointed me, btw. Then again, I was expecting Guardian Heroes, so lol.

I guess I'll watch more videos...

Wow, really? Is it your connection? You might have better luck using free wireless at a Starbucks.

You should try restarting your 3DS / reconfiguring your network settings. That isn't normal (assuming your internet speed isn't just THAT slow)

It's not my net. It seems to be going faster on the charger, but it was fully charged when it started so I don't know why that even matters.

Sora_N

I planned to get this with my eShop credit, but SMTIV bullied me into getting DLC, and Chris Redfield bullied me into getting Mercs 3D. Urgh!

Code of Princess disappointed me, btw. Then again, I was expecting Guardian Heroes, so lol.

I guess I'll watch more videos...

CoP was so disappointing.

Still currently on Chapter 1. Completed two missions on Frantic Mode and had my clothes partially torn apart once. Simplistic combat that could cost you a life if you aren't too careful. Digging the humor so far

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Code of Princess was a huge disappointment for many reasons beyond the garbage framerate.

The real question is if Senran Kagura Burst is anywhere near as fun as Phantom Breaker Battle Grounds. That would get me to shell out for it
eventually

GeekyDad

I didn't find CoP disappointing, but I agree SKB is the better game.

I'm still not convinced the comparisons are fair. Sure, they're both beat'em-ups, but this one really seems to borrow a lot from the DS version of Web of Shadows in terms of its combat mechanics. CoP has simplistic fighting-game inputs.

I was pretty disappointed with CoP, but mostly because of the terrible online infrastructure, i.e. dead on arrival. If there was someone to play with online and a few more meaningful specials thrown in, it would have been the gem it should have been. Still one of the most beautiful games on 3DS, though.

As a complete aside, damn I love Katsuragi. I knew she was going to be a favorite, but I didn't think I would enjoy playing as her this much. She feels infinitely more controllable than the other characters I've played thus far. A nice weight and rhythm to her move set.

got this to dl finally. had to dl it over night tethered to my work phone's slow ass 3G.

played a bit on the commute... that framerate fuuuck. hope i get used to it.

the intro anime thing is quite nice though. looks better than the whole show.

I had fun with it for a few hours yesterday, it was getting late and chose to close the lid halfway through one of those lengthy character-building stories. My main for now has been Yagyu, I like her close/ranged mix and the "tornado-squid" special attack predictably racks up the combo counter. Something about dive-bombing a crowd with an umbrella after a double dose of devastating air combos on several of their friends always gets a laugh out of me.

All are fun to play as with good variety. Frame rate will initially have players raising eyebrows, but then the sheer fun and Guardian Heroes-esque insanity had me forgetting about it later.

Also looks to be a good quick play (except if you've triggered those nice but lengthy story bits as above). Dial up one of the characters that hasn't played a stage yet, go for better score, etc, then set it aside again for later.

Ryuukan

As mentioned earlier:

Py8Ywe7.jpg

ohlawd

so like, Katsu's not that bad after all :3

She only molests Asuka tho. I want her to molest Hibari too, what with her being an easy target after all.

I've unlocked Flash mode for Hibari. I picked it as my style of choice over at the select screen and I don't notice no difference except infinite raves. Am I not allowed to Shinobi Transform to feel the effects? I've read the glossary too but iunno

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I like Ikaruga as my main she has the princess haircut that reminds me of Mio. She also has the big-sister, cool gal personality of Noire. Which is funny since she is voiced by Asami Imai who is the Japanese voice of Noire.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally got to play a few missions as Asuka....after being thrown into a 10 second "WTF DO I DO" battle then text/movie.

I definitely dig the fact there's a leveling system and how fast paced it feels, especially with air combos. Though I see the complaints about the framerate were true. Not a huge disappointment (especially compared to CoP like others have stated), but seems rather strange it's not stable at times when you're just watching characters stand there & talk. Thankfully, unlike CoP, I don't feel like it's that big of a distraction considering how fact your attacks/combos are.

Anyone know what the highest level is? 50?

ohlawd

done Hanzo side, dah feels! ;_; so good

lmao @ the stuff that happens after the credits. Best rewards I've ever received for beating a game. GOTY.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How come the Senran Kagura home menu icon is a bird when it's Asuka in the eShop?
Yeah, found that weird as well. Was that the icon used in the JPN version? Seems kind of weird, since it's not really one you'd associate with the game.

Top Bottom