• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Burst |OT| We Now Live In a Post Happy Boobs Wrapped World

Thanks for the tips, guys. Speed. I'll have to sort that out. I've been generally doing one juggle in the air and then a strong attack back to the ground because that seemed to be the perfect length for an MDK, but that only affects so many enemies at a time.

Hour later edit: Speed, it is! Kept Katsuragi on the ground instead of the air and proceeded to A rank everything since. Good stuff.

The only issue I had with the localization was translating "Itadakimasu!" as
"Rub a dub dub, thanks for the grub"
(to be fair that was just once, but still). They have to be trolling, there's no other explanation. But overall, yeah, the localization has been great

I didn't notice that but I honestly find it hilarious. I have been enjoying the localization overall.

I'm closing in on the end of Hanzo's story and enjoying it far more than I thought I would initially. I really love the characters and the fact that the story builds them all up with interesting backgrounds and whatnot. Should I watch the anime if I don't care about the fan service aspect of the series?

The fanservice has been ramped up several times in the anime and the drama in the story has been considerably watered down, so...

Haven't chimed in since purchase. Played through most of chapter one, played several levels with different chars.

It is pretty enjoyable. I can't figure out why I get graded so badly because I have massive combos and don't take much damage, but I'll figure out the rank system eventually.

Story has not struck me and the long story sections honestly have been pretty boring but maybe that gets better.

Believe me on this, don't judge the story after playing only the first chapter. You will see, there is a progression.

GeekyDad

:)

Been playing for hours, but I'm still on chapter 1. OCD took hold fast, and I've been A-ranking all missions with all characters. Probably not going to do this past the first chapter, though. It seems like a good way to give them some quick levels, as well as familiarize myself with each character's move sets and overall feel.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So does unlocking more titles (& getting all A-ranks) unlock more costumes & such? Think that'll be my main deciding point in replaying every level as every character.

P90

The more I play the game, the better tit errr, I mean it is. (Freudian typo). So far, with the first school, Ikaragu and Kat are my best girls. I stink with Asuka. A couple questions:

1. At level one, the girls have differing total stats. Is there a rationale for this?
  2. Should I play the storyline by girl or spread it around?
  3. What is the ceiling for levels?

I am looking forward to Shinovi Vs. coming to PSN. :) XSeed see what you can do about this. Thx.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
[*]At level one, the girls have differing total stats. Is there a rationale for this?

[*]Should I play the storyline by girl or spread it around?
I think it's just to help make each character feel more unique. & the storyline pretty much has it so you're switching between the characters, so you'll always run into a mission where you need to play as a certain character & clear it before it's available for all characters. Unless you mean spread it by switching between the schools while playing.

GeekyDad

So does unlocking more titles (& getting all A-ranks) unlock more costumes & such? Think that'll be my main deciding point in replaying every level as every character.

At the very beginning of the game it's mentioned that completing all missions with all characters in Frantic mode will unlock...something. It's not specific, but perhaps a hidden character. Not sure exactly.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Is it normal that I'm complete every mission twice (Frantic and Normal for A rank) with every girl as they pop up? I'm so addicted to this game...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At the very beginning of the game it's mentioned that completing all missions with all characters in Frantic mode will unlock...something. It's not specific, but perhaps a hidden character. Not sure exactly.
I wanna say it's those two "?" characters, but I can't remember. Though yeah, I'm beating each stage on Frantic Mode to unlock that. I just don't know if I wanna do every single mission with all 5 characters.

Is it normal that I'm complete every mission twice (Frantic and Normal for A rank) with every girl as they pop up? I'm so addicted to this game...
That's what I've been doing, beat the level then replay it on Frantic to have it count towards that unlockable & help level the character up.

GeekyDad

Man, Hibari is the cutest character, has the funnest theme music, but she's balls to play. Not sure if I'm imagining things, but it seems like the enemies are twice as aggressive when I play as her than with any of the other Hanzo chicks.

Man, Hibari is the cutest character, has the funnest theme music, but she's balls to play. Not sure if I'm imagining things, but it seems like the enemies are twice as aggressive when I play as her than with any of the other Hanzo chicks.

Everybody dislike pink moe-blobs ;p

I've been playing the whole game solely using Frantic mode. I'm finishing up Hanzo and the last few chapter 4 story stages and the first of chap 5 have been really challenging. One slight slip up and it's insta-death for you. Really intense stuff.

Hibari's training mission, especially, took me a long time to beat.

Edit: Oh man, these post chapter 5 stages story bits:
;A; Hibijo girls

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The only issue I had with the localization was translating "Itadakimasu!" as
"Rub a dub dub, thanks for the grub"
(to be fair that was just once, but still). They have to be trolling, there's no other explanation. But overall, yeah, the localization has been great

Yeah, that was kind of a weird one. I mean, I get what they were going for with that line... a cutesy way of saying "Thank you for the meal!" since that line in English alone might not be quite as reflective of the tone. It didn't really bother me much since I already understand "Itadakimasu!".

Artemisia

Banned
Is a side scrolling action game where you take the role as a voluptuous female ninjas as they battle and disrobe other busty assassins, of course the same can happen to your stacked shinobi as well. Boobs, Battle, Brawesome!

i1cwsiF7Mfhxe.gif

MrGummy

Completely agree.

What exactly determines how you level up Yin and Yang?

I've been playing every stage in Frantic. My Yagyu's Yang is basically non-existant, while my Asuka has near max for both.

What exactly determines how you level up Yin and Yang?

I've been playing every stage in Frantic. My Yagyu's Yang is basically non-existant, while my Asuka has near max for both.

Frantic level up your Yin bar, while Shinobi Transformation level up your Yang bar. Once both bars are maxed, you unlock a third mode which is Flash/Senran (aka broken mode).

nmanma

Yeah, that was kind of a weird one. I mean, I get what they were going for with that line... a cutesy way of saying "Thank you for the meal!" since that line in English alone might not be quite as reflective of the tone. It didn't really bother me much since I already understand "Itadakimasu!".

At first I thought it was a reference to this:

But after googling around it seems the origin of the phrase is a line from a Toradora fansub by gg. I think it was originally intended to troll people, although I did find some people saying that the line kind of fitted the character (never watched Toradora so I have no idea)

Frantic level up your Yin bar, while Shinobi Transformation level up your Yang bar. Once both bars are maxed, you unlock a third mode which is Flash/Senran (aka broken mode).
I knew that, but I don't understand how my Yang bar has been leveling up with many characters because I've only ever played using Frantic.

Shingro

Bought in solidarity for 'sexually appealing content is completely fine in games'

Enjoyed for crazy happy fun and adorableness.

Double thumbs up.

ohlawd

Hikage's is just holy wow. I want to hug her :(

I knew that, but I don't understand how my Yang bar has been leveling up with many characters because I've only ever played using Frantic.

yeah I noticed that too.

Some of my characters have a little bit of Yin but I didn't touch Frantic Mode with them yet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finished up all of Hazuo's Chapter 2 missions.

I think at this point, I need to start limiting myself like with Project X Zone. It's a fun game, but I think it's one that needs to be played in short bursts (haha) or only do a few missions at once in order to avoid the repetition from sinking in.

branny

Haven't really been able to play this at all today. So characters get more crap when you level them up? I just got to the hub area in the dark side story, so I'm still figuring things out.

Early Chapter 3 (Hanzo) spoilers:
As to be expected of any royal screw-up eventually, Hibari finally does something right! And then the world, as if to say "lol nope", decides to crush her fucking soul and now I'm all depressed. Let me have my stupid cliche screw-up-not-screwing-up moment because this is infinitely worse. ;-;

How the hell did you do that in .38? I must be doing something wrong.

The first mission doesn't (officially) start until you're done learning the basics. In the meantime, you can just whale on enemies for practice.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The first mission doesn't (officially) start until you're done learning the basics. In the meantime, you can just whale on enemies for practice.
This is what I did to get that 1,000 hit combo title. I just kept dashing past enemies, though yeah, go ahead & attack them while the game asks ya to do something like dashing.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
At first I thought it was a reference to this:

But after googling around it seems the origin of the phrase is a line from a Toradora fansub by gg. I think it was originally intended to troll people, although I did find some people saying that the line kind of fitted the character (never watched Toradora so I have no idea)

Heh, I'd never seen that before. Seems like quite a coincidence. I could see it being a reference.

Man, I need to unlock some better Shinobi Transformation outfits.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
so whats your character + outfit + accessory choice?
Whatever shows the most skin Old Hanzo outfit for everyone & their bikinis, then Burst outfit for Ikaruga & Rabbit ears/tail for Hibari. I need to unlock more stuff, and kind of sucks some of the unlockables don't carry over to the other set of characters (I assume I gotta re-unlock the accessories unless they're different).

Shingro

so whats your character + outfit + accessory choice?

I put akane in glasses... almost put everyone in glasses but I thought it might be a bit too silly.

... somehow that led to me performing the mega ultimate climactic battle in a giant cat kigarumi..... soooooo your guess is as good as mine

lupin23rd

Probably been asked before, but how does this play compared to the Vita game?

I bought that one day one when I was in Japan, but actually haven't touched it yet... and wondering if it's worth playing through this one first with it being in English to get a feel for how it plays and some of the systems... but if it's not close it might not matter much?

ohlawd

I have everyone wearing a white one piece dress as their school outfit, bath towel as their swimsuit, french maid as their shinobi outfit and amnesia hat for accessiories.

I must say that Yomi looks the best in this attire. She will be the death of me ‹3

yeah nah nobody else can have her, gomenasai
fair enough just make sure you hug her enough.

Probably been asked before, but how does this play compared to the Vita game?

I bought that one day one when I was in Japan, but actually haven't touched it yet... and wondering if it's worth playing through this one first with it being in English to get a feel for how it plays and some of the systems... but if it's not close it might not matter much?

this is a side scrolling brawler with heavy focus on air juggles. vita one is a dynasty warrior style game.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
this is a side scrolling brawler with heavy focus on air juggles. vita one is a dynasty warrior style game.

No, that's not exactly true. The Vita version plays very similarly to the 3DS version, only with a behind-the-back 3D perspective. It's not an open battlefield like Dynasty Warriors and you fight waves of enemies, just like on 3DS. There is also a heavy emphasis on aerial raves, just like the 3DS version.

I like that Burst throws more enemy types at you compared to the Vita version, but the framerate issues bring it down and the game just feels even more simplistic in comparison. I only just started Burst, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not seeing multiple supers that target certain outfit areas like the Vita version offers. Is there just one super in Burst?

Shonovi Versus on Vita just does everything better. It plays better, runs much smoother, looks better, has double the amount of playable characters, offers versus modes, more items, and more. This is to be expected since it's the sequel. I knew this going in, but it's harder for me to enjoy Burst as much since I keep noticing stuff that's worse in this game. Don't regret my purchase at all, though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, Mission 3-12 "Don't Ride The Tide" is destroying me in Frantic Mode. I barely last 10 seconds without all the enemies draining my health. Wonder if I should change characters, mainly one with a good aerial (Hibari has one I like to abuse from time to time).

Edit: There we go, spammed aerials with Yagyu while running away, but just barely cleared it. Starting to notice missions on Frantic Mode are getting harder.

yep frantic is fun and the bikinis are nice, but it really does show the inherit issues of the gameplay of mainly there really is no good defensive systems here. doesn't help that its easily to not notice getting hit with the mobs of enemies and the bad framerate. You pretty much have to cheese the game at some point.

kiryogi

Banned
No, that's not exactly true. The Vita version plays very similarly to the 3DS version, only with a behind-the-back 3D perspective. It's not an open battlefield like Dynasty Warriors and you fight waves of enemies, just like on 3DS. There is also a heavy emphasis on aerial raves, just like the 3DS version.

I like that Burst throws more enemy types at you compared to the Vita version, but the framerate issues bring it down and the game just feels even more simplistic in comparison. I only just started Burst, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not seeing multiple supers that target certain outfit areas like the Vita version offers. Is there just one super in Burst?

Shonovi Versus on Vita just does everything better. It plays better, runs much smoother, looks better, has double the amount of playable characters, offers versus modes, more items, and more. This is to be expected since it's the sequel. I knew this going in, but it's harder for me to enjoy Burst as much since I keep noticing stuff that's worse in this game. Don't regret my purchase at all, though.

That's where you're off, there aren't really waves in Versus, it's more bite-size compared to Burst. Which was the one thing that really annoyed me about Versus. That said, there are more ougis. You gain them from leveling up, and I think via story too? Just like Versus.

Was playing on the subway. Decided to wear the most modest outfits so I went with animal suit.

Then I took too much damage.

Oh my.

Luckily no one can see shit on a 3ds with 3d on from an angle.

Top Bottom