• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Burst |OT| We Now Live In a Post Happy Boobs Wrapped World

Katyusha

Was playing on the subway. Decided to wear the most modest outfits so I went with animal suit.

Then I took too much damage.

Oh my.

Luckily no one can see shit on a 3ds with 3d on from an angle.

It's probably been answered before in this thread, but how is the framerate with 3D on? Does it cause a massive performance hit?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Was playing on the subway. Decided to wear the most modest outfits so I went with animal suit.
Time to test this out!! Or wait until I beat the game for
blowing into the mic to destroy clothing in the dressing room.

It's probably been answered before in this thread, but how is the framerate with 3D on? Does it cause a massive performance hit?
The 3D only is on for stuff like the dressing room, intro & outro for missions, & when you transform or someone takes enough damage & some of their clothing gets ripped. In otherwords, the actual game play has no 3D. For the framerate, it's okay, though when there's a lot of enemies at once (which tends to happen frequently), it drops from 30FPS, but not really enough to be considered unplayable or slow.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Time to test this out!! Or wait until I beat the game for
blowing into the mic to destroy clothing in the dressing room.

Wait what? I blew into the mic and I couldn't really figure out what it did. It seemed to blow up skirts a little.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait what? I blew into the mic and I couldn't really figure out what it did. It seemed to blow up skirts a little.
Could have sworn it was full costume destruction if you blew long enough (I know if you tapped the screen on the Vita version, this happened). Maybe I'm remembering wrong?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Apparently a 10 speed SD card has no lag whatsoever...
according to /vg/ and /v/

Do you mean framerate lag or input lag?

I haven't really noticed much in the way of input lag, but I still have plenty of framerate slowdown with a 10 speed card.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Weird, just got a glitch where I pressed Start to skip the outro and the dialogue box stayed on the screen, even during the cutscene over the dialogue box that appears when characters are talking. Thankfully, it went away when I saved.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Thank god for anonymous truthfacts. So it lags no matter what? I'm kinda relieved that I don't have to buy another SD card.

If you're talking about framerate skips, that happens regardless in certain scenes. There's really no input lag for gameplay purposes.

GeekyDad

Apparently a 10 speed SD card has no lag whatsoever...
according to /vg/ and /v/

Maybe, maybe not, but I know I haven't really experienced issues with lag. I know the framerate is a recurring issue with respect to this game, but it hasn't been an issue for me, thankfully. Not sure what to attribute that to, but it doesn't seem to be an issue with the actual game.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Still on chapter one because I am trying to do each mission with each character once. Katsuragi and Ikaruga get more replays than Hibari, I can't stand her character. It is like they tried hard making her cute and they end up failing miserably, Asuka does the cute thing much better.

Maybe, maybe not, but I know I haven't really experienced issues with lag. I know the framerate is a recurring issue with respect to this game, but it hasn't been an issue for me, thankfully. Not sure what to attribute that to, but it doesn't seem to be an issue with the actual game.
I've been the same way. The only time I've actually noticed lag was cutscenes or outside of the stages.

If it matters, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007QOX5AK/?tag=neogaf0e-20 is the card I use.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
That's where you're off, there aren't really waves in Versus, it's more bite-size compared to Burst. Which was the one thing that really annoyed me about Versus. That said, there are more ougis. You gain them from leveling up, and I think via story too? Just like Versus.

Huh? It's totally waves of enemies. Wish it was more musou-style and was everyone at once.

Just want to give a shout out to Tom (wyrdwad) from XSEED. Thanks for bringing us the game!

Can you let us know if and when shinobi versus is in the pipeline? Thanks

huh... didn't know asuka's VA is so... talented.

00.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Life imitates art? Or is the art imitating life? :p

Seems like the max level is 30, as I unlocked
A 3rd special attack by pressing L+X & uses 2 bars
& the title for that character for "mastering" them.

Is so Crimson Girls supposed to retcon stuff from Skirting Shadows?

Chapter 2-2:
Yomi meets Murasame, Ikaruga and Katsu at the eating competition. Strange enough but ok.
Chapter 2-5:
Whoa, what the heck. All 10 girls meet each other in the hot spring bath. They acknowledged to the other group that they are good / evil shinobi, Homura tells Asuka her name and later has a training fight with Yagyū.
Chapter 2-6:
After that, the next mission has Hikage and Katsu meet in the city and eat Ramen together.
So much wat, o_O.

ohlawd

My highest lvl'd characters are Yomi and Hibari, both over 35. It probably goes up to 50 since that's a nice looking number.

I've put about 12 hours in so far and I'm only at Chapter 3 in the Hanzo school.

This game is a lot of fun. The story is pretty good so far.

I hope this game sells well. I really want Versus to make it over.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nah, it goes above 30.
Wow, figured it was the max since it gave me the title & told me I learned everything. Guess I've got quite a ways to go.

Also, considering this is a game that has a focus on missions, I kind of wish this had a "retry" option, especially if I accidentally forget to activate Frantic Mode, else I gotta exit out & reselect the mission.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This game is so much better than Versus and I liked Versus a lot. Much more difficult, better stage variety. Can't comment on the writing of Versus as my Japanese is awful but this game at least had an entertaining story. Tons and tons of content and some of the four and five star missions on frantic are ridiculous, especially if they take place in the hot springs levels where sometimes enemy spawns are messed up and you'll get 2-4 times as many enemies then you're supposed to get.

I'd really love to see what a new engine 3DS sequel could do as this game is still running on what is basically a gen 1 3DS engine. It could look and run a lot better.

Max level is 50. It seems that some missions (maybe all?) slightly scale to your level though.

Is so Crimson Girls supposed to retcon stuff from Skirting Shadows?

So much wat, o_O.

Basically, yes. Burst (Hebijo arc) replaced the first game in canon and changed some details of the universe :
the Hebi girls are far more friendly/less psychotic, and good ninja and evil ninja are no longer on standing order to kill each other on sight but live (theoretically) in coexistence. The conclusion of the final duels in the last chapter play out very differently in comparaison with the first game.
AFAIK, Shinovi Versus take place in the continuity of Burst.
Overall, the characters of the Hebijo arc are less antagonistic to each others, closer to friends who are led to fight each others due to circumstances. And there still are some very serious parts, but nonetheless this universe feels lighter.
And I love to death the Ikaruga/Yomi relationship in it <3 (I'm not the only one, there are tons of stories out there, in the anthology comics for example, where the other girls make cute fun of both of them ^^ )

So after you unlock the different modes, you have to pick one? Either lock yourself out of Frantic, or get killed in three hits with Yin . . .

GeekyDad

Seems like Flash mode isn't really worth the payoff, since (if the description is correct) it's only effective before you do shinobi transformation (which is necessary to execute specials).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, after doing Chapter 4's missions on Frantic Mode, I've noticed doing it either makes the mission rather easy or annoying as hell.....especially if there's enemies with ranged attacks (like those maids).

& Hibari's strong air tends to do a good amount of damage & meter building, so that usually gets spammed.

Frantic mode with multiple ranged attackers definitely can give some challenge, especially as one can sometimes be ambushed/juggled when transitioning between areas. This is when I started noticing the usefully larger health bars on some characters, such as Katsu.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Frantic mode with multiple ranged attackers definitely can give some challenge, especially as one can sometimes be ambushed/juggled when transitioning between areas. This is when I started noticing the usefully larger health bars on some characters, such as Katsu.
I've noticed characters with aerial ranged attacks like Hibari helps as well since they also build meter rather quickly. Spam aerials, build meter, use special to whip out enemies, repeat.

I sure hope I don't have to do Frantic with every single character & just once per stage is good enough for whatever unlockables (aside from maybe a title, though I don't care for those since).

This game is super fun! I finished the Hanzo side yesterday and I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected too. I still have to go through and clear out everything on Frantic and whatnot though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Frantic is where the real meat of the game is. Some levels are brutal on Frantic. Remember that Limit Break doesn't cost health when you've maxed out Yin.

Also Balanced/Senran is totally worth it, you become basically unkillable in that mode.

ohlawd

Frantic is where the real meat of the game is. Some levels are brutal on Frantic. Remember that Limit Break doesn't cost health when you've maxed out Yin.

Also Balanced/Senran is totally worth it, you become basically unkillable in that mode.
no way hahah some of the final stages in Hebijo ch5 and the last one in ch4 even in Flash mode are nightmare inducing. I don't really like using Limit Break so when I get stun locked by the range users I just despair.

is there a way to cancel the recovery of a limit break?

that huge recovery on it has gotten me killed too much for me to find it useful

Slermy

I'm not usually a huge fan of brawlers, but this one has enough going on that I'm enjoying it. Surprised at the quality of the writing and quality of
3D

Still play it with wifi disabled, and boot up another game before going into StreetPass mode though.

Fifty A's, four B's. Those four shall forever be a stain on Katsuragi's record. orz
I'm thankful they're not tracking my Frantic deaths, at least. Chapter 4's been kicking my ass.

Seems like Flash mode isn't really worth the payoff, since (if the description is correct) it's only effective before you do shinobi transformation (which is necessary to execute specials).

Flash Mode: Mode for those who transcend Yin and Yang. It has the following effects, before Shinobi Transformation

*List of effects*

Could've been phrased a bit better, but it's meant to convey the fact that the effects will be applied before transformation unlike Yang where the effects are applied after, not that they're in effect before and only before Shinobi Transformation.

Any kind of information on how well it sold from the eShop yet?

Canada: 3DS eShop charts -- Monday November 18, 2013 @ 11:45pm EST

Recent Releases

1. Dillon's Rolling Western (861) ClubN
  2. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney -- Dual Destinies (313)
  3. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (3718) SALE
  4. Metroid (1002) ClubN
  5. SENRAN KAGURA Burst (34) NEW
  6. The Legend of Zelda (1990) SALE
  7. Pokémon X (1276)
  8. Pokémon Y (1269)
  9. Zelda II - The Adventure of Link (1122) SALE
  10. Pokémon Dream Radar (1602)
  11. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (580)
  12. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (622)
  13. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3889)
  14. Super Mario Bros. (3595)
  15. Fire Emblem Awakening (3614)
  16. Rune Factory 4 (190)
  17. SteamWorld Dig (221)
  18. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (16894)
  19. River City Random (0) NEW
  20. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (1304)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
no way hahah some of the final stages in Hebijo ch5 and the last one in ch4 even in Flash mode are nightmare inducing. I don't really like using Limit Break so when I get stun locked by the range users I just despair.

Umm, use Limit Break. I also use specials most of the time as get out of jail free cards.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This is going to sound dumb, but I keep unlocking new moves but can't figure out whet I'm supposed to check to learn how to execute them

Any help?
Touch the "Tech" box while doing a mission. It'll show that your combo list has expanded after transforming. You can also execute a L+Y in the air or an L+X that costs 2 bars once you reach high enough levels.

Top Bottom