• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

The spanish broadcast was indeed censored and as usual, the censoring is hilarious

tvG3enT.jpg

I assume Funi's will use the same footage.

There's a pretty ballsy theory going on /a/ about the nature of the disease

These girls don't just turn into weapons, they turn into monsters if not properly restrained by a liberator. The liberator serves as a host, who is also an infected herself.

Without proper treatment, infected women would kill their male partner during sex and or upon losing their sanity.

By fighting with each other, they reduce their stress and maintain their sanity, at a cost. They grow stronger and less humane, although sapience and what is considered to be a human is still there.

While a Liberator is as good as the training she receives, while physically enhanced it is the extasis or weapon she wields that makes her what she is. If certain conditions are met, the liberator and extasis can "merge" into a symbiote or a F-Class Threat.

If true, that's quite the twist for a echii series.

The fanart the series is getting though, is top notch

B6Pmjta.jpg

Funimation has the series page up

http://www.funimation.com/shows/valkyrie-drive-mermaid/home

The series will be indeed simulcasted with new episodes every saturday at 12pm EST

I've got them preordered on Ami so I'm all set, thanks for the info though, I can see how it seemed to be exclusive in the way you described, that's why I wanted to double check :p

They opened them up on Ami after I said that. It was originally supposed to be exclusive. It's really good that they opened it up so it can get more visibility.

They opened them up on Ami after I said that. It was originally supposed to be exclusive. It's really good that they opened it up so it can get more visibility.

It's deff a good thing they decided to do so, I probably would have skipped the figures otherwise.

If you've seen the VD episode what did you think of it?

I'd like to know what people liked/disliked and what they'd change if they could.

Josephl64

Seeing as it's the first ep, it's way too early to make the complaint, however I hope we get rather long battles in the future. That's almost my only complaint so far, they had to show off the setting in the first ep which is probably why everything was so short.

There will be a XSEED event this week (most likely on Wednesday) where they will have exclusive announcements.

As to the legitimacy of these particular rumors, I will neither confirm nor deny. There will definitely be some cool announcements coming soon, though, either way! That much is safe to say... especially since it's pretty much always the case, considering how many crazy things we have on our plate at all times. ;)
http://forum.marvelous-usa.com/index.php?showtopic=27143&st=2250#entry899401

NetHigh and Bhikhuni's Localization? EV's release date?

ShinMaruku

We better get a EV date and how they'll handle the dl. Hopefilly it launches with all DLC. I want to do the tower defense with Ayane and Ikauruga. Kunoichi princesses ftw.

I wouldn't expect an EV date yet. Marvelous EU has February as a placeholder and I'd expect it to be later rather than earlier, so it's at least 4 months away

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
We better get a EV date and how they'll handle the dl. Hopefilly it launches with all DLC. I want to do the tower defense with Ayane and Ikauruga. Kunoichi princesses ftw.

It's not going to launch with all the DLC. We just won't have to wait as long between releases as the Japanese version...hopefully.

ShinMaruku

Depends how long they make us wait. Most certainly we'll get some quicker. I wonder if it's taking this long for us for getting liscences for the other dlc they have. I'm sure we'll get Rin,Daidouji and Ayame and Ayane pretty quickly, the other girls? Not sure at all if we'll get quicker or the same pace.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I imagine we might (hopefuly) get all the patched-in stuff (i.e Daidouji & Rin) & maybe other free stuff, but yeah, we won't get DLC like the crossover characters & anything else that costs money.

Hoping for a date on EV & localization news on Net High.

Lyte Edge

Let it wait until next year...I still have to play through the English SK2, finish the Japanese EV, and then the Neptunia U sequel is out this week and Valkyrie Drive is out in December! Full plate.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They just said "winter", right? Yeah, I would imagine it being Q1 of 2016. Highly doubt it's coming out in Dec.

Apparently im the only person that doesnt think VD is the H word. Even Nichegamer is calling it the H word.

@_@

Edit: So ill be that guy, is the one figure more expensive than the other because her top comes off? Shes like 5-6K Y more than Tokonome.

Hadoukie

So I saw the first ep of Valkyrie Drive

Actually slightly less explicit than I was expecting, but it was only the first episode, so it might pick up there, also talking about story stuff is pointless right now. Still some fappable scenes in there. We'll see how the story itself plays out. Not off to a terrible start though. Was good to see sorceress and biker girl early on; am interested in their angle.

Josephl64

Only ever looked at Mirei's figure so I just saw that the two girls' bases go together. Was only planning on getter Mirei, but this makes it slightly tempting.

Lyte Edge

Estival Versus DLC #4 is finally up. This time it's the three Ikkitousen girls (1600 yen for the set), eight more outfits (2000 yen for the set), and some free DLC that I believe are extra missions. Appears to be free for a week only.

Am downloading the 1.13 update patch now. Will probably take a little while.

Isotope

For those with Estival Versus, the Ikkitousen character's are on the store; 650¥ Yen for each character, or the set for 1,600¥.

There's also another download that's free (I think it's free from the 13th to the 19th?). According to the URL for the PSN Download Page, it mentions "Mission Set", so free missions I guess?

Edit: lol, I was super late after Lyte. That's what I get for staying on the same page for a while and not posting.

I'd honestly be really ok with EV not coming until next year. My plate is super full right now and I need to finish off some games.

Also I just started the Senran Kagura anime. I can see it being kind of dumb but it's just too damn cute.

Puruzi

Banned
God damn, they made the Ikkitousen characters super well. Sonsaku looks like the coolest damn character in the game holy shit. Still kinda dumbfounded that they're in the game at all, but Ikkitousen is an awesome series, so i'm not complaining

Hadoukie

Wow the Ikki Tousen characters look more fun than most of the EV cast. Fucking nailed it on the head with all of them. I actually might buy them if they don't take too long to come out here in the west. Will totally rep Hakufu. She looks so goddamn fun.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Real question is, did they "censor" them like Ayane? I'm pretty sure since Ikki Tousen has shown official nudity in its series (mainly OVAs), they shouldn't have, but after Ayane, might as well make sure.

Edit: NOPE! & looks like a ton of new Purupuru Finishes were added as well, along with a new multiplayer stage that's halloween-themed. I don't know about linking them but I can list them to find on YouTube:

- Hot Spring (group)
- Festival Fireworks (group)
- Group Pole "Dance"
- Witch Broom (solo & group)
- Graveyard Ghost
- Water Well
- Pumpkin
- Snow Slide (group)
- Window Crash
- uhh...I don't know how to describe the last one, the group flies behind some curtains, then the camera shows they're behind some bars like their geishas or something?

At the very least, maybe if we can't have the latest patch on the disc, it'll be a day-one update or something.

GOOD LORD. Off topic but the new DOA Halloween set... Some of those are extremely NSFW.

EDIT: OH GOD.... Screens and scans released of DOAX3...

EDIT 2: Apparently you can motor boat girls in the new Kenichiro game... My life is now complete.

Lyte Edge

More possible Mermaid spoilers

Here's the problem.
Mamori was sent to the Island as a gift. She was supposed to be given to Charlotte, her legal liberator. Not to Mirei To further stress things up. Tokonome is a sword type Extasis, (one three so far can do this) Each on their own Island.

It's not a super powerful thing or fate of the world deciding but rather one of those "rare" types that appear once in a while.It would seem logical, from a position of social display of power, to have one. Especially on a tiny island.

What the hell is the writer smoking?

Lyte Edge

Here's the problem.
Mamori was sent to the Island as a gift. She was supposed to be given to Charlotte, her legal liberator. Not to Mirei To further stress things up. Tokonome is a sword type Extasis, (one three so far can do this) Each on their own Island.

It's not a super powerful thing or fate of the world deciding but rather one of those "rare" types that appear once in a while.It would seem logical, from a position of social display of power, to have one. Especially on a tiny island.

Where is all this coming from? The first episode gives you no info on anything!

Here's the problem.

Is
Mamori
the huge breasted girl? Cause that would be fuckin' hilarious.

Top Bottom