• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

So I got Senran Kagura 2 on a whim and just started playing it, and a guy just summoned a giant monster lady while yelling to me to "witness true power" while she fondles her boobs. Please tell me the rest of the game is like this because this is some pretty fucking inspired lunacy.

Demoskinos

Paging all my fellow Katsu worshipers. Katsu T-Shirt available here. European store but they ship world wide. Leaning towards getting one. :)

sk2_thisrt_template-320x320.png

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/senran-kagura-2-t-shirt

Eolz

Yeah, same design as the Asuka one. Pretty nice that they're keeping the color schemes.
Also for those interested, CDJapan has the Ayane Estival Versus merchandise available to preorder. A bit tempted tbh.

Josephl64

There's no way that she absolutely has to be on her motorcycle to fight right?

(assuming that's the other girl transformed which would be weird too)

Josephl64

I feel like I knew that, but tried not to believe it since it seemed kind of far-fetched. Forgot this is a Taka series...really want to see them fight now.

Faustek

O_O it's actually a real thing!? I thought it was just a wierd japanese commercial and was something like the boob VR thing that was just for fun. Now excuse me while I go back to sleep and have that doll`s face appear in my nightmares.

You really should watch these Vice movies about the Japanese Love industry.

http://www.vice.com/video/ghetto-doll-brothel

http://www.vice.com/video/the-japanese-love-industry

I'm actually laughing. I know I shouldn't laugh at others peoples kinks or fetishes but man I can't stop laughing at how absurd I find it.

L.O.R.D

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

i was playing SK2 and reached to the 4th chapter
then saved and exited the game by pressing the home button , here my 3DS freezes
after force turn off , i started the game , and found my self in the beginning of chapter 2

anyone use the homebrew here ? you can backup your save game

ShinMaruku

It was going to trend to this direction from the beginning. Personally I'm looking to see what is done with SK after this is done. :)

I finally could watch the uncensored raws subbed and all around it was another solid episode, the animation did took a blow this time though.

Lady Lady lived up to the hype (although being able to drive without getting physical is a bit of a copout), misteries keep piling up (what's the deal with Akira? and what exactly is his relation with Torino?), Mirei gets some needed development and the writers don't waste time reminding us that Mamori is a very normal and impressionable girl.

Her crush being so "irrational" and shallow will make wonders to build her relationship with Mirei down the line (them not ending together would require some really bad writing that I don't believe is even possible). Is cliched but that doesn't means is a bad thing.

Her dream was also cleverly foreshadowed and is used effectively so it didn't hurt my opinion on her. Kids make mistakes after all.

Now the scene with Mirei was really blown out of proportion by the internet. Specially on the way people just focus on a specific element of it instead of the whole picture. Like there's nothing on neither Mirei's body language nor voice acting that express anything but disgust and fear over the whole thing. She also proves her will by breaking free (and based on the baddie's reactions, is not something has happened often if at all). Again, this only makes stronger Mirei/Mamori as the endgame plus, is also consistent with the overall tone of the show.

The Kasumi twist is interesting and her behavior towards her ecsta only furthers the yuri element on the show. Really looking forward for the next episode.

Seriously, people really needs to chill and stop overreacting.

Demoskinos

Considering how much the EV OVA upped the ante already by showing nipples I wouldn't doubt if it kept trending that way.

There is an interview in the back of the SK Design Works that discusses the escalation of them having to constantly outdo themselves. I haven't seen VD outside of some GIFS so I can't comment on the quality of it. But I wouldn't be surprised if SK trended that way. I don't think the story or game has to suffer because of it either.

Eolz

If SK trends that way it'll only be in cheap spinoffs (ala Bon Appetit) or OVAs/specials imo.
It'll probably still get a bit lewder, but more in terms of innuendos or animations (cf Estival Versus) while still being good ratings side.

ShinMaruku

If SK trends that way it'll only be in cheap spinoffs (ala Bon Appetit) or OVAs/specials imo.
It'll probably still get a bit lewder, but more in terms of innuendos or animations (cf Estival Versus) while still being good ratings side.

OVAs are where they have the budget and market to be lewder.

Top Bottom