• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Oh my.
What's new apart from the cover? All the dlc and patches in I guess?

Comes with a DLC code for the swimsuit on the cover I think

Release Date: March 17, 2016
Platform: PlayStation 4
Price: 4,980 yen + tax (package or download)
Genre: Giant breasts hyper battle
Players: 1 to 10
Rating: CERO D (17 or older)
Bonus: “Sakura Swimsuit Set” product code including five outfits (all copies) and special sleeve (first-print copies)

Seems to be a cheaper re-release in general

Japan is getting a new Estival Versus Sakura Edition

WZLHkFs.jpg

lord

>Very Nice cover , but i kinda wish it was a Director cut version of the game with even more things inside.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Time to bug Xseed again!!

Considering they gave us some of the exclusive DLC for SV as freebies, maybe they'll do the same for that? I can't imagine they'd be able to get it included for the US LE.

Alfebit

Banned
Rice Digital is now selling the EU Estival Versus LEs (with Daki) and they ship worldwide!!

Vita , PS4

Should be around $130 (USD) including shipping

EDIT: I forgot there are 5% off codes. SMART5 should work. Otherwise try ABRUK5

Hmmmm.....

Don't think I'll be able to get this with all the other games coming out soon. Not too upset but I would have liked that Daki.

Ok, so just a cheaper rerelease with an extra bikini set. Like Zonic said, hopefully Xseed will add the set as free DLC.

Eolz

Hmmmm.....

Don't think I'll be able to get this with all the other games coming out soon. Not too upset but I would have liked that Daki.

Maybe there will be enough stock to get it later.
Happened with SKBurst and SK2 in Europe.

Edit: btw if you don't the listing anymore, Rice Digital said they had to take it out, but will put it back pretty soon.

Maybe there will be enough stock to get it later.
Happened with SKBurst and SK2 in Europe.

Edit: btw if you don't the listing anymore, Rice Digital said they had to take it out, but will put it back pretty soon.
huh, I hope they don't implement shipping restrictions..

Eolz

I doubt it, they make money on that. Probably some changes due to how it was set up in the store or something technical like that.

Holy cow! Amazon said my Nyuu Nyuu packs would arrive some time in February but it arrived yesterday!

Now I have all the little figures yeeeee they look fantastic!!

I'v'e JUST watched the SK estival versus OAV anime...

WHAT the ...

So many wrong and so many rights in only 30 minutes

I like yumi , but goddamn she was dumb and the reason for most of the mayhem Doesn't EVEN MAKE SENSE.

The GOOD

-Daidouji appearance.
-Katsuragi teasing Asuka while she was changing
-Giant Ryouna
-The entire crimson Squad dialog
-Hikage dialog ( thing of beauty )

The BAD

-Yumi
-NOT nearly enough daidouji
-Miyabi Dialog
-Yumi Subplot of justice and training
-No renka , hanabi or kafuru ( only a glimpse from being ) ..MISSED OPPORTUNITY

The WTF

-Murasaki couldn't even SAVE her videogame state ... You don't do that to a maiden
-Murakumo continued to fight even after losing her mask ?????

Eolz

Yeah, the OVA is a mixed bag. Hikage and giant Ryouna are indeed its strong points!

Non-related, but I finally decided to buy the Senran Kagura Ayane (that DOA collab) mousepad... It was too tempting to have something with her in that artstyle.

Holy cow! Amazon said my Nyuu Nyuu packs would arrive some time in February but it arrived yesterday!

Now I have all the little figures yeeeee they look fantastic!!

Nice!
Which ones did you get? Only have the SK2 ones myself, but love them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They should've just had separate OVAs for each team. Trying to cram all 20 characters into a 20+ minute OVA makes it impossible to give everyone proper screen time. Not to mention the randomness of "you see this girl's chest, but only the butts of these girls, & nothing for her".

Nice!
Which ones did you get? Only have the SK2 ones myself, but love them.

I have all four packs now but the two that just arrived were the Estival Versus PS4 and Vita packs.

I've still only played part of SK Burst so I'm not familiar with everyone's names from the newer games but the girl with the short blue hair and giant robot arms might be my favorite, so I'm super stoked to finally have a figure of her even though it's just the little bitty one. I wish there was more merch of her. I have the Phat! statues of Kasturagi and Shoujotachi (the only statues I feel really actually look like the games/artwork) and man I would kill for one of Robo Arms and Yumi. If I can find the Phat! statue of Ikaruga then I can at least complete the trio that they made.

ShinMaruku

If there is only one positivie I hope he takes some of those systems and puts into the next Senran since it's here already. But I hope they get it out here.

that sucks

Start spamming (be nice)

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames
https://twitter.com/marvelous_games

comments@xseedgames.com (<- more likely to reach the boss)

In the worst case, how is VD in Japanese? I'd lose all story, but I assume it's very playable without knowing the language?

The game is definitely playable but it has so many different mechanics and options that you won't get the full experience without either understanding japanese or looking for help on message boards.

L.O.R.D

question , does the OST from VD is the same from the anime ?

it's sad that will never had this game , and forget about importing it to my country , the customs will not allow this game to enter.

So talking about Bhikkhuni

I was recently linked this review and I can't wrap my mind over what the hell the reviewer was on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKdTF14GDU

Since is pretty lenghty and the guy has an incredibly thick accent I'll resume the thing

- Game is just a reskinned SK with most of its flaws and nearly no redeeming qualities
- Button mashing is the only thing needed to advance through the game
- Camera and Lock on are garbage
- Enemies are braindead and bosses are most interested on running around the arena than engaging in combat
- Every character is the same with Mana being the only character of note, and she makes all the bosses a joke due being a long ranged character
- Meteorise lazily reused SK's engine and most of its animations
- Sudden spike of difficulty in the final bosses (he doesn't seem aware of the two endings) due the bosses suddenly becoming capable and the need of using mechanics never needed nor alluded before them
- Giant bosses are a drag and unfun to fight
- Plataform sections being superflous and poorly implemented
- Large barren levels with low effort backgrounds
- Pointless additions of Challenge and Survival modes due the lack of depth in the combat
- Dude doesn't mention:

* the Phantom Drive and its associated mechanics (Dance, Strike, Fall, Revenge and Delude),
* The existence of a launcher attack
* Connect Mode
* Communication Room and interactions with the girls
* The way Exstas modify your character stats
* Training Mode
* The fact you can set the camera zoom during the game (thus being needed for the platform sections)
* How the Keepers work

I mean, he does has some legitimate points but those becomes moot when he only looks at the game on an incredibly superficial level ignoring nearly all the different elements of the game.

So talking about Bhikkhuni

I was recently linked this review and I can't wrap my mind over what the hell the reviewer was on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKdTF14GDU

Since is pretty lenghty and the guy has an incredibly thick accent I'll resume the thing

- Game is just a reskinned SK with most of its flaws and nearly no redeeming qualities
- Button mashing is the only thing needed to advance through the game
- Camera and Lock on are garbage
- Enemies are braindead and bosses are most interested on running around the arena than engaging in combat
- Every character is the same with Mana being the only character of note, and she makes all the bosses a joke due being a long ranged character
- Meteorise lazily reused SK's engine and most of its animations
- Sudden spike of difficulty in the final bosses (he doesn't seem aware of the two endings) due the bosses suddenly becoming capable and the need of using mechanics never needed nor alluded before them
- Giant bosses are a drag and unfun to fight
- Plataform sections being superflous and poorly implemented
- Large barren levels with low effort backgrounds
- Pointless additions of Challenge and Survival modes due the lack of depth in the combat
- Dude doesn't mention:

* the Phantom Drive and its associated mechanics (Dance, Strike, Fall, Revenge and Delude),
* Connect Mode
* Training Mode
* The fact you can set the camera zoom during the game (thus being needed for the platform sections)
* How the Keepers work

I mean, he does has some legitimate points but those becomes moot when he only looks at the game on an incredibly superficial level ignoring nearly all the different elements of the game.

I don't know, he took the effort to play a terrible looking game. I'll listen to him.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I don't know, he took the effort to play a terrible looking game. I'll listen to him.

Curious how this looks any more terrible than Senran Kagura does.

- Dude doesn't mention:

* Connect Mode
* Training Mode
* How the Keepers work

Yeah, it's a pretty big deal when you review a game without knowing how it actually plays.

Isotope

On the JP Vita Store, there are five new SK themes up each worth &#65509;350. They're of the schools (Gessen, Hanzo, Homura's Crimson Squad, Hebijo, and the Kagura Thousand Year Festival) and shows off the girls I believe. There's also a new Valkyrie Drive theme up on the store that is &#65509;350 as well; here are the pictures of it:

If there's a specific lock screen image, then I don't have it, as I captured these from my PSTV.

On the JP Vita Store, there are five new SK themes up each worth &#65509;350. They're of the schools (Gessen, Hanzo, Homura's Crimson Squad, Hebijo, and the Kagura Thousand Year Festival) and shows off the girls I believe. There's also a new Valkyrie Drive theme up on the store that is &#65509;350 as well; here are the pictures of it:

If there's a specific lock screen image, then I don't have it, as I captured these from my PSTV.

Does the VD theme or any of the SK theme have a unique BGM?

Top Bottom