• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Demoskinos

Hmm seems me getting the English version of EV seems to be way less likely now. Its directly going up against DOAX 3. Only have money for one and considering I have EV import already....

Eolz

Also, don't remember it being said here (or didn't see the post), but release date confirmed for March 15th in NA!
Not too bad for the patch I guess. Maybe we won't have the share limitations thanks to that.

Also, don't remember it being said here (or didn't see the post), but release date confirmed for March 15th in NA!
Not too bad for the patch I guess. Maybe we won't have the share limitations thanks to that.

Is not confirmed yet, that was Takaki jumping the gun.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmm, BB is saying March 15th as well. Guess that cements the release date.

*looks at release schedule* Same month as Twilight Princess HD, Hyrule Warriors Legends (still deciding on that), & the Tuesday before more amiibo & Pokken (also still deciding). Least it'll be something in an otherwise slow month of re-releases.

Eolz

Apparently (unless the twitter automatic translation is really bad as usual), we might get Kafuru mousepad/dakimakura.
CaGCCriVIAEP1pk.jpg

yep

This is an action game in which players lead one of five shinobi factions through battles on a mysterious island. Players punch, kick, and use weapons (e.g., swords, scythe, rifles) to defeat humans and creatures (e.g., wooden golems, cat girls) in melee-style combat. Battles are accompanied by cries of pain and impact sounds. By inflicting damage, players can cause human opponents' clothing to rip apart, revealing lingerie/underwear or partially nude bodies—breasts/buttocks obscured by bright lights and orbs. In one mini-game, players can repeatedly tap on a female character's body to remove her clothing. Some gallery images depict female characters with exposed buttocks; pictures sometimes depict characters groping at breasts. The dialogue also references suggestive/sexual material (e.g., “Please, kindly, may I grope your boobs?” and “Y-you're rubbing it all. . .Ahh?! Auh!”). The words “f**k” and “sh*t” appear in dialogue.

I love the use of buttocks and the dialogue samples

It's the first time I have seen ESRB descriptions used as smut material.

You are the best, guys.

Edit : Am I the only to see ESRB ratings as scores to be maximized ? :3

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
SPEAKING OF XSEED & SK, they released Homura for Nitroplus Blasterz for free for the month (along with that Arcana Heart girl), so if you want her, nab her. Note you need to specify if it's PS3 or PS4, since they're not cross-buy.

Alfebit

Banned
XSEED wrote a blog post for Estival Versus.

Well all this just tells me is that the Versus timeline is the superior timeline because my bae Ryona exists.

SPEAKING OF XSEED & SK, they released Homura for Nitroplus Blasterz for free for the month (along with that Arcana Heart girl), so if you want her, nab her. Note you need to specify if it's PS3 or PS4, since they're not cross-buy.

Grabbed her and the heart girl. I'll probably wait to pick the game up on a sale though because I'm tight on money.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I hope it doesn't have a bad face as usual with SK figures, but there's probably a reason they're not showing it... Looks great apart from that!

It's just a deliberate teaser before Wonderfes this weekend. Vertex has done a fairly good job with the faces so far.

Vertex showed off some of the Ikaruga race queen figure.

NSFW

Hopefully we'll see more of it this weekend at Wonfest.

I said years ago that I was done with crap like figurines and stuff, and anyway the industry had already outdone itself with the Alter's Asuka's inochigake one so why bother - but you know what ?

To hell with it, I will NEED this one.

Saw someone from PQube tweeting this

New trailer, uploaded today, says (EU) release date is March 14th

I wonder if that means that Estival Versus will be available on European shop shelves? After all, it is pQube, they did that for Burst way back when.

Also, between this, them getting back into bed with ArcSys and them branching out into publishing other games, I get the sense that they've escaped whatever doldrums that caused them to retire the Zen United brand.

I wonder if that means that Estival Versus will be available on European shop shelves? After all, it is pQube, they did that for Burst way back when.

Also, between this, them getting back into bed with ArcSys and them branching out into publishing other games, I get the sense that they've escaped whatever doldrums that caused them to retire the Zen United brand.
Yeah thats what I'm thinking. It would be a wasted opportunity not to sell a PS4 game in stores. We'll see. Really like everything PQube is doing lately

flohen95

PQube being involved is good news.

I'm planning on getting the PS4 version from NA (to have different covers (since I want to get both versions anyway, I might as well) and because region doesn't matter much on PS4) and the EU Vita version later on, so it being possibly more widely available is just what I need.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would assume most likely. We got all the DLC for the other SK games & Xseed has shown they can bring over the licensed stuff with Akiba's Trip's DLC.

Eolz

I think they said they will try to bring everything yeah. SK DLC will come, and Ayane too. Only one up in the air is the anime stuff.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm sure we'll get the Ikki Tousen characters as well. We got the anime-related DLC in Akiba's Trip, as mentioned before. Plus pretty sure nobody owns the gaming rights for them in the US, considering that one game (was it for PSP?) was cancelled for localization.

Huge EV update from Marvelous EU

(no date yet!)

Boxart (reversible!)

Why are we using two different covers? The reason why we are using a different art for the PS Vita version is because the USK logo (the age ratings system in Germany) takes too much space on the PS Vita box, and it really did not look nice, as it covered Miyabi’s face. That’s why we kept the original image from the Japanese image for the PS Vita version, but since both images are really beautiful, we’re sure that everyone will be pleased.

Thanks Germany

Backside of reversible boxart (NSFW)

Patch
A patch will update the game to version 1.17 and will include all of the additional content, improvements and bug fixes that come with it. It’s worth mentioning that two of characters, Daidōji and Rin, which have previously been paid-for additions, are included for FREE!

Examples of free goodies added in the patch include new and exciting missions, more background illustrations for the Dressing Room, a load more accessories for your Shinobi and additional “Creative Finishers” that can be activated by defeating other Shinobi (or being defeated!) while standing next to certain points during gameplay. We have a few favourites in the office, and would love to know which ones are yours!

Paid Content
Other characters such as Ayame, Ayane, Naraku AND Kagura will also be available as paid downloadable content.

The release plans for paid content has yet to be finalised – but rest assured, we will be making this information available in the final ESTIVAL VERSUS Update, and through our social channels.

Expect much more content in the form of missions, costumes, SHINOVI VERSUS BGM tracks, accessories and hairstyles!

Ikki Tousen Characters
Whilst on the topic of paid DLC, we regret to inform you that the Ikki Tousen characters (Sonsaku, Kan-u and Ryofu) will stay exclusive to the Japanese version. This means that they will not be purchasable or playable in the Western release of the game.

In order to maintain compatibility with the Japanese version, online players using Ikki Tousen characters against you will be presented with re-skinned versions of these characters. Please note that these re-skins won’t be available for sale either.

We understand this is very disappointing news, but sadly, due to international licensing issues, these characters could not be included. In the unlikely scenario that these licensing issues change we will endeavour to bring them over.

A lot more info about the LE goodies at the link

Top Bottom