• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

L.O.R.D

Not as good-- the framerate took a hit in EV compared to SV. The game doesn't play as smoothly on Vita, but it's still quite good and playable overall. PS4 is the best version of the game without a doubt though-- you get a much better, smoother framerate and more enemies on screen.

that's unfortunate , because i don't own PS4.
and can't play the game with small kids in the room.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think the digital versions are $10 less than their retail counterparts? At least that was the situation for Shinovi Versus.

Is there a content difference between the NA and UK versions of this game? Any cut content in one region or the other? Trying to decide which version to buy! Thanks.

Demoskinos

Is there a content difference between the NA and UK versions of this game? Any cut content in one region or the other? Trying to decide which version to buy! Thanks.

The only content change that I'm aware of between regions is the cut of the Ikki Tousen characters from the JP version for the English versions. Other than that the versions are the same in the NA and EU territories outside of the various trinkets that come with the Limited Editions.

The only content change that I'm aware of between regions is the cut of the Ikki Tousen characters from the JP version for the English versions. Other than that the versions are the same in the NA and EU territories outside of the various trinkets that come with the Limited Editions.

Thank you for the fast answer!

They have neither confirmed or denied that right? I'd really appreciate a confirmation that nothing has been changed between JP/NA/EU.

I searched the twitters for answers

B0oegsP.png

I'll take their word for it!

I also found this NSFW pic on their timeline Bless the hometown

Eolz

Only other change is the one that we're used to with SK games, the character ages aren't shown, just their birthday.
They prefer doing that than lying and say "they're highschoolers but 20+ old" and I completely agree with that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I recall they said they didn't want to change the ages because it's a "coming of age" story & it wouldn't make as much sense if they upped the ages.

& think I linked about that blog a few days ago, as that's where it was confirmed the US was getting the 1.17 day one patch & no Ikki Tousen as well.

Yeah, I recall they said they didn't want to change the ages because it's a "coming of age" story & it wouldn't make as much sense if they upped the ages.

& think I linked about that blog a few days ago, as that's where it was confirmed the US was getting the 1.17 day one patch & no Ikki Tousen as well.

Ah. I thought that was a previous one. My bad.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Uppers demo and Bhikkhuni's multiplayer are live now.

Yup, tried out Uppers briefly. Looks even better visually than VD does. Really slick visuals. The game is gonna be less import-friendly, though due to the girls cheering on the sidelines. They want you to do certain moves/finishers to gain their favor in battle, and you'll need to be able to read kanji to understand them all. I don't think it's enough to stop someone from playing though.

Holy crap. How did I miss this thread's existence?

Hey guys, I recently platinum'd Shinovi Versus and shamelessly love it to death. I'm super excited for Estival Versus.

Welcome to the fold! Congrats on the Platinum.

Thx.

So I guess I better describe myself a bit more.

Favorite Hanzo girl: Asuka (Katsuragi and Hibari are close second)

Favorite Crimson Squad girl: Hikage (Mirai's internet-ventures are pretty funny though)

Favorite Hebijo Girl: Ryouna (Don't ask me why)

Favorite Gessen Girl: Murakumo (Yozakura's weapon is pretty sick though)

I know nothing about any of the New Wave girls or the new Estival Versus girls. Renka looks pretty cool though

But yeah it's a bummer that the Ikkitousen characters won't be available in the U.S version.

While I know nothing about that series or whatever and probably will never plan on looking into it, there move sets looked cool

VHVYWraPJumli.gif

Specifically this super looked sick as fuck.

Yup, tried out Uppers briefly. Looks even better visually than VD does. Really slick visuals. The game is gonna be less import-friendly, though due to the girls cheering on the sidelines. They want you to do certain moves/finishers to gain their favor in battle, and you'll need to be able to read kanji to understand them all. I don't think it's enough to stop someone from playing though.

The character models are really nice but is really jarring the way most girls in the sidelines are stuck in a loop making them look like gifs rather than character models.

Uppers is an old school beat 'em up. Literally.

You just move through the level and punch dudes, you can pick some elements in the background (like bikes) to use as projectiles and your health ups are the girls. The girls ask you for some specific actions to met before they cure you (like beating three mooks or using three times the throw).

The game is indeed very slow paced and enemies rarely attack, I had to stand still in the middle of bunch of mooks for five seconds before one enemy finally decided to attack me, and even then, there's a green spark surrounding them just before they move, making incredibly easy to avoid the attacks.

At least with the characters in the demo, there's no real difference between them beyond their animations and design, they play exactly the same. There's not even a movement list you just have to mash square and the finisher will come on its own. You can access a sort of powered mode but other than making more flashy your attacks and allowing to tag with the other character at the end of a combo doesn't represent a significative change to the gameplay. You have a block button at your disposal and a dodge mechanic similar to Bhikkhuni's but the enemies are so harmless that is pointless. And remember how Nicole could run through the walls in the videos shown?

Is a shared mechanic, you just press x close to a wall to do that. Other than looking cool, there's no real reason to do that in the demo.

Despite the game slow pace, camera can be a pain, the stages have some destructible elements (like walls) and thus, is pretty easy for the camera to get stuck. Virtually any element is able to block your sight.

Levels are big and there are different areas to explore but there's no map t speak of and the only indcators of where going are the groupies. However, there are sections where the stage is barren, making kind of pointless to diverge from the set path.

Depending on what you do during battle, you can trigger a short minigame (for example getting a gust of wind to lift the skirt of three girls) where you have to mash a button (usually circle) at the end to win. Pretty easy but it breaks the flow of the game, and just like the clothes ripping cutscenes in SK, it gets old fast.

Overall is a decent but very mediocre game that other than giving you the chance to show off/perv on some virtual girls doesn't offer anything of note to the genre.

Lyte Edge

Overall is a decent but very mediocre game that other than giving you the chance to show off/perv on some virtual girls doesn't offer anything of note to the genre.

So in other words...it's a 'Senran' game. ;P

I'm sure the game will have higher difficulty levels.

Lyte Edge

Tried VD multiplayer online. Did a score attack battle. Was...uh...nothing special. Four people fighting each other on a barren field. Had more fun with Estival Versus online.

Tried VD multiplayer online. Did a score attack battle. Was...uh...nothing special. Four people fighting each other on a barren field. Had more fun with Estival Versus online.

Is the opposite for me, thanks to the phantom dash the games got very hectic and the characters are better balanced here making skill an important factor to win.

Lyte Edge

But yeah it's a bummer that the Ikkitousen characters won't be available in the U.S version.

While I know nothing about that series or whatever and probably will never plan on looking into it, there move sets looked cool

VHVYWraPJumli.gif

Specifically this super looked sick as fuck.

All three are pretty awesome, but they don't have any kind of story-related content, so in a sense, you're not missing out on too much. I do like to use them on various stages with the difficult on the hardest setting, though. Building up their levels on harder stages can be fun and challenging.

All three are pretty awesome, but they don't have any kind of story-related content, so in a sense, you're not missing out on too much. I do like to use them on various stages with the difficult on the hardest setting, though. Building up their levels on harder stages can be fun and challenging.

To be fair, that's what I was expecting with those characters, not having any missions for them, so I still would've bought them :/

Edit: Man, that DOAX thread is blowing up. It's amazing.

Boy, I'm liking Bhikkhuni's multiplayer a LOT more than Versus by a country mile. Due the way driving works, every character is more or less balanced with each other, is the skill of the player what it marks the difference; at first at least.

See, once everyone starts driving is when the balance shifts. The Drive Breaks become the deciding factor but since unlike SK there is no power ups you have to pummel the other players to build metter or chiseling a chunk of rock that periodically spawns in the arena. As in the solo campaign destroying a layer of clothing gives you a full meter bar so there's when you need to think a little, corner the fully clothed player to build meter? Going after the lead player and try to hit him with a Drive Break? Build metter with the rock?

There's also the detail that the character that manages to hit Final drive, has an overwhelming advantage over everyone else. And if they use the third level drive Break, WELP.

On the flip side, this makes total turnarounds very frecuent and makes any game where you have to rack more than 20k points to last a lot longer than the usual. I've had games that have went for nearly 30 minutes since every time someone is coming closer to the goal, is knocked out and loses the points. Is a ton of fun.

Sadly, I don't know if is the time or what but I haven't seen a lot of people playing when I jump in.

I've always hated the way Minori's mouth looked in-game.

I don't even mind the way it looks with the tooth or whatever, but it looks like crap in 3d.

Top Bottom