• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Any idea where the cheapest place to pre-order the PS4 version of Estival Vesus in the UK is? ShopTo had it cheap but it seems to have gone up since then.

The missus said she'd get it for me as a late Valentines gift so I'm looking around.

Any idea where the cheapest place to pre-order the PS4 version of Estival Vesus in the UK is? ShopTo had it cheap but it seems to have gone up since then.

The missus said she'd get it for me as a late Valentines gift so I'm looking around.
365games is the cheapest I'm aware of

Also that's an amazing Valentine's gift. You're lucky :)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Best kind of missus to get you that sort of thing as a Valentine's Day gift.
Now if only I could find that kind of girl...

Did we get any word on how many tracks the EV OST will be? I imagine it'll be quite a lot, going by how many tracks we got on the previous games.

Eolz

If it's like the japanese OST, two discs of 34 and 36 tracks.
So probably the case since we got the same as the japanese OST for SK2 (at least in Europe).

Hadoukie

So not only Race Queens are back in New Wave cards, we got a rarity: a Daidouji card!

Z9co73L.jpg

Finally, my prayers have been answered! Best girl!

Eolz

Aw man, that's pretty sad since the game seems really good.
On the other hand, I don't think it was a good idea to focus on the vita only. Not necessarily for this audience only, and even in japan it's getting to its saturation point. I'm also not really convinced this is the only reason for the delay tbh...

SerTapTap

Anyone got detailed impressions of that valkyrie drive game? I dunno if there was an import OT or anything but figured someone in here might know. Wasn't feeling it enough to preorder especially since I've been playing Estival basically all year (and will be playing it again in a month or so)

This guy knows what's up.

Was disappointed how little the abs show up ingame, that's even worse!

Is New Wave the microtransaction-pushing grindy garbage I assume it is? I just look for new Ryona and Yozakura cards when I see people posting about new cards.

Welp, seems like Uppers has been delayed indefinitely due lack of preorders
http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201602230049/
http://www.marv.jp/message/uppers.php

Given the girl elements it seems this is NOT in fact the bara Senran Kagura I assumed it was? Kind of in a weird place if so. Still not glad to hear it's not doing well BEFORE release...didn't think they'd delay based on preorders.

Anyone got detailed impressions of that valkyrie drive game? I dunno if there was an import OT or anything but figured someone in here might know. Wasn't feeling it enough to preorder especially since I've been playing Estival basically all year (and will be playing it again in a month or so)

Here, there are some impressions from me and the few users that imported the game

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188713781&postcount=5562
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188770325&postcount=5570
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=189776606#post189776606

Also, my impressions on its multiplayer

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=195980309&postcount=5839

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Aw man, that's pretty sad since the game seems really good.
On the other hand, I don't think it was a good idea to focus on the vita only. Not necessarily for this audience only, and even in japan it's getting to its saturation point. I'm also not really convinced this is the only reason for the delay tbh...

Lack of interest is the reason. I don't think the platform is the issue here. You don't see this happening with other games.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Can't help but wonder if the demo played a part in it. At the very least, it sounds like they're using it as feedback to try & make it better.

But yeah, Takaki really seems to care about this Uppers project.

So lets hope this delay helps to improve the game.

Because Takaki seems like a really cool guy.

SerTapTap

Guess I may as well bump my Estival Versus Import Review, I should have a review of the English version up eventually but probably not before release. Xseed doesn't always give tons of time before release for press.

#nocontext

EDIT: March 18th confirmed for EU

If Minori has decent comedic writing she might not actually be so goddamn annoying

Huh, sounds pretty good then, though I don't plan to do much multiplayer (especially in japanese). I love the giant case of Senran Kagura but it's pretty clear it has it's effects on combat depth. I'll still take the bigger cast over more complexity though, at least in the case of SK2 vs Estival, especially since more of my favorite characters are outside the 3DS games than in them (like everyone introduced in Estival is great).

Wow. The Bahonkas edition of EV is glorious.

Shame the US ain't getting anything close to that.

EDIT: I take that back, the only real difference between the US and EU release is the pillow case.

SerTapTap

Wow. The Bahonkas edition of EV is glorious.

Shame the US ain't getting anything close to that.

EDIT: I take that back, the only real difference between the US and EU release is the pillow case.

The good one was the one with figures but it sold out like instantly. That's why I got the Japanese editions, didn't think they'd have figures at all for the west, but when they did it was very few and only for EU. MArv EU seems a lot prouder of the series than XSeed.

BTW, hate the apparently random cards the physical edition comes with. I'll be pissed if I don't get Ryona and Yozakura which I assume I won't

Eolz

I am looking forward to finally being able to play as Minori. 2nd besties

Also new thread for new news?
No one cares about EU enough :(

I think a thread is worthy. Just need a slight NSFW warning for the trailer (don't put it in the title :p )

I am looking forward to finally being able to play as Minori. 2nd besties

Also new thread for new news?
No one cares about EU enough :(
threads about EU dates are always so depressingly empty, that's why I didn't make one haha. That and the date has been on sites for weeks :)

God those cards are really tempting.

I swear if the release date is officially announced and it still isn't up for digital pre-order, then I'm ordering the physical.

Top Bottom