• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

I'm not sure what exactly is going on but I'm assuming it's some genius marketing move from XSEED. Source

The tweets led to a site with Mirai's "Rapunzel the Shinobi"
Which led to Murasaki's LiveJournal
Which led to Shiki's Blog
Then to Murakumo's DeviantArt
And finally (for now) to Minori's Instagram

This is pretty amazing

Damn. I need to check these out as soon as I'm back home.

Is that seriously the entirety of that Repunzel stuff from SV? That shit was brilliant.

Whoever at XSeed thought this up is a genius.

Eolz

Also, for those that missed them, Hanzo trailer and Gessen trailer from XSEED.

I'm not sure what exactly is going on but I'm assuming it's some genius marketing move from XSEED. Source

This is pretty amazing

Wow, that's pretty awesome!

edit: hope we get a launch trailer as good as this one.

This is pretty amazing
Finished reading Rapunzel the Shinobi and Rapunzel has a gun, chainsaw, axe and sword umbrellas and Mirai on SK2 also had 3 stances if I remember correctly. I like Mirais playstyle the most from SV and I know that she's the same in EV but I really wish that the developers would go more like SK2 and give her more stances. My biggest complain from SK (and many action games) is that the combat tends to be too simplistic so having to change stances depending on what the situation needs makes it at least more interesting for me.

Also, from the Rapunzel story:

“Glad you asked,” Carrow continued, and paced around the room as he spoke. “See, way back when, some crazy old man wrote down a ‘prophecy’ about a girl who’d lead her kingdom to…oh, you know, peace, prosperity, everybody hugging and shitting rainbows, and all of that. And then, about eighteen years ago—”

“It wasn’t eighteen,” Davido interrupted. “It was f—”

“Shut up,” said Carrow, whirling around to face him this time. “My country says it was eighteen.”

“Let’s just agree not to mention how many years, exactly,” Iden suggested.

“Fine,” said Carrow. “Some years ago, a girl was born right here, on the borders of our four kingdoms. The mother died giving birth-"

“Glad you asked,” Carrow continued, and paced around the room as he spoke. “See, way back when, some crazy old man wrote down a ‘prophecy’ about a girl who’d lead her kingdom to…oh, you know, peace, prosperity, everybody hugging and shitting rainbows, and all of that. And then, about eighteen years ago—”

“Shut up,” said Carrow, whirling around to face him this time. “My country says it was eighteen.”

“Fine,” said Carrow. “Some years ago, a girl was born right here, on the borders of our four kingdoms. The mother died giving birth-"

lmao

This is fucking perfect.

Also, from the Rapunzel story:

Hohohoho

Also. New art from Murakumo's DeviantArt:

the_mask_by_ogremaskshinobi-d9umt3l.png

Behold, the face of justice! Which you can't really see behind the mask! Of justice!

Edit: XSeed unboxing stream happening right now.

Damn you time conversions, you win again! I thought the stream was later and missed it :(. I know I can still see it and I'm already buying the game but I wanted to show support for EV.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Gaijin Goombah (known best for the series Culture Shock on Game Theory's channel) released a video about Senran Kagura:

Senran Kagura Proved REAL Ninja Are Sexy!

It's better than it sounds. I enjoyed it, anyway.

Enjoyed his take, but...no. This is a game all about the fan service and you can look right to the producer and his own comments to back that up. It's all about the life and hometown. No hidden meanings there, lol.

Enjoyed his take, but...no. This is a game all about the fan service and you can look right to the producer and his own comments to back that up. It's all about the life and hometown. No hidden meanings there, lol.

Yep. It's the same idea as those dumb Game Theorist videos. Just looking too deep into something for no reason but to be funny (You're not).

pariah164

Yeah, when the producer Tweets AND puts in print that infamous phrase, that pretty much removes all doubt.

Just seen that on twitter, for the north americans here, SK2 (+OST) is at 20$ on amazon.com.
My favourite game in terms of gameplay, recommended!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAmLajLHkzM

I think it's still pretty cheap in Europe as well, and there's probably some japanese websites still having the minifig edition for really cheap.

Dammit. I already bought Estival Versus twice, and now I gotta buy this now that it's on sale.

I'll just put it on "No Rush" Shipping.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh cool, thanks for the heads-up. My friend wants to get a copy, so I might order that for him + something else to get free shipping.

Also man, hope I can find the time to play EV this week (guessing I'll get it Thursday via Prime pre-order), as I find it harder to sit down & play a console game, but I wanted the better running game.

Demoskinos

Part of me wants to pick up the English EV but man I dunno I'm just mad salty about how shitty the physical version is. Like Art book and OST again? Ugh. Sorry but that gives me zero incentive. Gimme that daki in the EU ver or those mini figs and you have my attention.

I appreciate Xseed's work but I just can't be bothered to spend $60 on something that I already own for a few shitty trinkets.

Ultimadrago

I'd temper your expectations. Its not super great.

"Not super great" is putting it a bit kindly. I found it to be pretty bad (and I mean even for what it is). That said, I'm more willing to see how the character interaction works in the games anyhow, so I don't hold it against the series or anything.

SerTapTap

Still haven't watched the anime. Not sure I will. I kinda wish games didn't get animes. They always suck then people get into the games with half the plot spoiled from an inferior version.

Destructoid review mentions enemies "overusing" limit breaks, does that match anyone else's experience? I only ever noticed enemies using it to allow them to transform, which, you know, is a pretty obvious and vital strategy. Not that I expect professional reviews to be thorough or accurate here.

Part of me wants to pick up the English EV but man I dunno I'm just mad salty about how shitty the physical version is. Like Art book and OST again? Ugh. Sorry but that gives me zero incentive. Gimme that daki in the EU ver or those mini figs and you have my attention.

I appreciate Xseed's work but I just can't be bothered to spend $60 on something that I already own for a few shitty trinkets.

...what? For the price of a normal game you get an art book and OST and their silly random cards. You already owning the Japanese release is the main thing, and not knowing the story/jokes makes it worth the buy for me. IMO the supremo European editions were pretty crappy for their price, only the figure edition from Japan was particularly good.

A problem a series like this has is a daki/whatever single-character goodie edition is garbage if it's a character you don't like. And it was Haruka, right? One of my least favorite characters (who completely ruins chapter 1 of the game IMO)

Demoskinos

Still haven't watched the anime. Not sure I will. I kinda wish games didn't get animes. They always suck then people get into the games with half the plot spoiled from an inferior version.

Destructoid review mentions enemies "overusing" limit breaks, does that match anyone else's experience? I only ever noticed enemies using it to allow them to transform, which, you know, is a pretty obvious and vital strategy. Not that I expect professional reviews to be thorough or accurate here.

...what? For the price of a normal game you get an art book and OST and their silly random cards. You already owning the Japanese release is the main thing, and not knowing the story/jokes makes it worth the buy for me. IMO the supremo European editions were pretty crappy for their price, only the figure edition from Japan was particularly good.

A problem a series like this has is a daki/whatever single-character goodie edition is garbage if it's a character you don't like. And it was Haruka, right? One of my least favorite characters (who completely ruins chapter 1 of the game IMO)

Nope the EU Daki is two sided one side is Hikage/Katsuragi and the other side is Renka. As for the story I understood enough in the Japanese version to get the main beats of the story. Sure a lot of the jokes/humor slipped through the cracks but spending $60 on a game that I already own when DOAX 3 looms just out of reach seems like a waste of money to me.

I do as I said appreciate XSEEDS translation efforts and always bringing games over almost always unchanged (except for that stupid censored boxart) but takes a lot for me to get interested in physical game releases these days. And art book and OST isn't going to cut it. If I want a SK art book I buy a nice one. Of which I have bought several.

Top Bottom