• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Eolz

Preordered both CE's... @_@"...

What do you mean both? The biggest european one and the american one (is there a link for this one btw)?

We should do a count of who got the Ultimate Shinobi Limited Edition here too.
Got one, despite those horrific shipping prices (~19£ here).

I got both the Ultimate Shinobi Edition and the Happy Boobs Edition because they both had different art work and some different swag. Im not even going to say how much ive spent on SK shit this month. Its disgusting...

I'm going to miss out on the SK2 CEs because I can't order from work. Damn it.

They said if the demand is high enough they might make more of them. Worst comes to worse a Gaffer can maybe order you one if you cant. Worth a shot..

I got both the Ultimate Shinobi Edition and the Happy Boobs Edition because they both had different art work and some different swag. Im not even going to say how much ive spent on SK shit this month. Its disgusting...

They said if the demand is high enough they might make more of them. Worst comes to worse a Gaffer can maybe order you one if you cant. Worth a shot..

OkHUwyl.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm fine with just the OSTs for the retail version. SV's OST was surprisingly good, so I'm hoping the same will apply for SK2.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Are there any Ultimate Shinobi Editions left? I might try to run to a McDonalds for wifi to see if I can snag it. lol

The things I will do for life and hometown.

Are there any Ultimate Shinobi Editions left? I might try to run to a McDonalds for wifi to see if I can snag it. lol

The things I will do for life and hometown.

aaaaaaaand it's gone....

Sorry, we do not have enough "SENRAN KAGURA 2: Deep Crimson Pre-order" in stock to fulfill your order right now. Please try again in 60 minutes or edit your cart and try again. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Sorry bro. :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, DLC for SK2 confirmed as well. That means the shmup + customization pack, Ikaruga's brother being playable (also unlocked via Burst save file), & the 3rd being the ability to change the chest size of all the girls.

SerTapTap

Chances are with it selling THAT fast they will push for the publishers to make more of them. Hell theyve only been live what? An hour?

could be a glitch,I've seen numerous cases where preorders have sold out in minutes/an hour then gone back live with more. Not sure if glitch or more stock, but it would be weird for "more stock" to happen in a matter of hours.

US preorders aren't live, right? Do we know anything about that?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Chances are with it selling THAT fast they will push for the publishers to make more of them. Hell theyve only been live what? An hour?

I really hope so. I imported the SKB physical edition from Europe just to support physical releases. I need the Ultimate Shinobi edition.

Eolz

I really hope so. I imported the SKB physical edition from Europe just to support physical releases. I need the Ultimate Shinobi edition.

Well, seems that only the ones with certificates signed by Takaki were extremely limited. The "regular" one might get more yeah, try later and/or send a tweet to marvelous.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Well, seems that only the ones with certificates signed by Takaki were extremely limited. The "regular" one might get more yeah, try later and/or send a tweet to marvelous.

But I want a certificate signed by Takaki-san. :(

No use crying over it, though. I'll just have to make it up by buying more Senran Kagura merch.

could be a glitch,I've seen numerous cases where preorders have sold out in minutes/an hour then gone back live with more. Not sure if glitch or more stock, but it would be weird for "more stock" to happen in a matter of hours.

US preorders aren't live, right? Do we know anything about that?

Only retailer I checked was GameStop but theyre always slow. I wouldnt expect them to be up until tomorrow or late afternoon at best.

Side note, I checked my order email and noticed I was order #3XX.... I hope I didnt get screwed over by them not turning the orders off fast enough.... I raged at Walmart so hard when they cancelled my D3 CE day of release, so much so that im not allowed in the store anymore....

But I want a certificate signed by Takaki-san. :(

No use crying over it, though. I'll just have to make it up by buying more Senran Kagura merch.

See, this man knows!

Ill keep an eye out an see if more pop up.

Eolz

Side note, I checked my order email and noticed I was order #3XX.... I hope I didnt get screwed over by them not turning the orders off fast enough.... I raged at Walmart so hard when they cancelled my D3 CE day of release, so much so that im not allowed in the store anymore....

No, don't worry about it.
Since it's a bit like a Kickstarter and made for order, I'm pretty sure it's well calculated.
I'm in the 3xx as well for one of those CEs. There may have been a lot just getting a cheaper edition or even the cheapest one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe Xseed will make a retail exclusive, like Amazon or their own store for some of the extra content?

I tried to explain to a female friend, whose older in her 30s but loves games, what Senran Kagura was. I described it as part sailor moon a dash of dynasty warriors and a bit of girls gone wild. Fair assumption?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cross-posting the US box-art.

senran-kagura-deep-cr2ox0s.jpg

I actually wonder if it'll be T or M. Burst was T, but SV was (obviously) M, so anyone that played the import, which rating is more likely?

Eolz

I tried to explain to a female friend, whose older in her 30s but loves games, what Senran Kagura was. I described it as part sailor moon a dash of dynasty warriors and a bit of girls gone wild. Fair assumption?

More or less on Vita yeah.

I actually wonder if it'll be T or M. Burst was T, but SV was (obviously) M, so anyone that played the import, which rating is more likely?

They're expecting M on their website.

SerTapTap

Gonna guess M, so far it's seemed more tame than SV but higher than Burst. Not entirely sure what causes the distinction in cases like this though--the underwear? The dressing room...stuff?

Oh god that US art... Im going to have to quad dip. FUUUH my love for art.
Four? US, UK, JP,?? ? I just have the JP nyuu nyuu pack and will be fine with the plain US version to actually play.

Gonna guess M, so far it's seemed more tame than SV but higher than Burst. Not entirely sure what causes the distinction in cases like this though--the underwear? The dressing room...stuff?

Are the CERO ratings or PEGI ratings posted like they are on ESRB.org? That might give a better indication.

Four? US, UK, JP,?? ? I just have the JP nyuu nyuu pack and will be fine with the plain US version to actually play.

Theres two different box arts for the Happy Boobs edition and the Ultimate Shinobi edition. Outer box / Display box I mean by this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Are the CERO ratings or PEGI ratings posted like they are on ESRB.org? That might give a better indication.
I'm pretty sure all the SK games in Japan were rated D, or the equivalent of a M.

Let me see what PEGI gave them. Edit: All 3 games so far were rated 16 by PEGI.

I'm pretty sure all the SK games in Japan were rated D, or the equivalent of a M.

Let me see what PEGI gave them. Edit: All 3 games so far were rated 16 by PEGI.

Europe has a very loose rating system, even for television. Girls can be topless on regular network shows. Cant have that here in the states. Only on paid channels like HBO / Cinemax.

SK2 website has been updated. Now "Shinobi Ultimate Edition" says Sold Out below it in plain text and cant be selected. This is the only one that says it though. The 74.99E version still up for order though.

Demoskinos

Hmmm shame I don't own a 3DS or I'd be more excited about this. I am however very excited for Onechanbara Z getting brought over stateside. :D

Hmmm shame I don't own a 3DS or I'd be more excited about this. I am however very excited for Onechanbara Z getting brought over stateside. :D

Ill be getting that as well. I was going to import that and DQ Heroes. Glad I waited. Now I get both. Hopefully with decent English voice acting for the girls. I dont like squeaky voices... Otherwise I just turn them off entirely.

Josephl64

oh you don't like JP girl voices?

Anyways, looking at everything...it really doesn't seem like the US isn't getting much you don't already have by already owning the JP Nyunyu pack and getting the highest tier European release. I'll actually look further into it later, but this might just be a double instead of a triple dip

SerTapTap

oh you don't like JP girl voices?

Anyways, looking at everything...it really doesn't seem like the US isn't getting much you don't already have by already owning the JP Nyunyu pack and getting the highest tier European release. I'll actually look further into it later, but this might just be a double instead of a triple dip

Not all Japanese women have squeaky voices...much to my surprise and delight, SK doesn't really have anyone I really consider "squeaky voices" actually. Ugh more JP games need deeper voices like Baiken, so good

Josephl64

Not all Japanese women have squeaky voices...much to my surprise and delight, SK doesn't really have anyone I really consider "squeaky voices" actually. Ugh more JP games need deeper voices like Baiken, so good

I didn't mean that...of course they don't. I guess from my experience it would be an 90/10 split, with the 10 being rather high pitched/squeaky/

Top Bottom