• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

SerTapTap

Oh hello
vuyFf6s.png

Not sure why they shipped this one separate...there's 6 other not-delayed things. Will be glad to have Katsu early but I was kind of looking forward to what monstrous box would hold 4 nendos and 4 scale figs.

It's just my fave(and one of the biggest) dating sims out there...sadly those 2 people pretty much ran the thing so I fear for its future

Far as I have read thats what everyone is saying. Ive seen some people suggest they go to Enterbrain and I was like whoa whoa whoa, time out. They must be good artists and have a good reputation if people are suggesting they work on DQ. Then when I heard their games were dating sims mostly I got the crazy idea of an SK dating sim type of game a'la DOA Extreme. An then I needed to sit down for awhile... @_@"

Oh hello
vuyFf6s.png

Not sure why they shipped this one separate...there's 6 other not-delayed things. Will be glad to have Katsu early but I was kind of looking forward to what monstrous box would hold 4 nendos and 4 scale figs.

What nendos did you buy? An which full scales? o_O All SK?

Eolz

I dont know what Love Plus is. Im not very savvy when it comes to sim games / anime games unless its mainstream like Dragon Ball or something.

Oh. That's probably the most popular (at least it was before Konami mismanaged it horribly) dating sim with pure waifus.
The artist will have no problems finding work as a freelancer, it's harder for the producer.

Oh. That's probably the most popular (at least it was before Konami mismanaged it horribly) dating sim with pure waifus.
The artist will have no problems finding work as a freelancer, it's harder for the producer.

Are they localized games or all in japanese and kanji? Ive never heard of them before. You had me at waifu though.

Josephl64

Are they localized games or all in japanese and kanji? Ive never heard of them before. You had me at waifu though.

Japan only. Sad thing is that even though they rushed the 3DS title, stuff could have easily been fixed had these two stayed on board. I can't blame them though...it's no coincidence that almost everybody else responsible for the rest of Konami's major hitters in the past are disappearing.

Also just saw your other post, the art they do is pretty good indeed

Japan only. Sad thing is that even though they rushed the 3DS title, stuff could have easily been fixed had these two stayed on board. I can't blame them though...it's no coincidence that almost everybody else responsible for the rest of Konami's major hitters in the past are disappearing.

Also just saw your other post, the art they do is pretty good indeed

Id even be willing to pick up an art book or two if they have published works even if I dont play the games. Im a sucker for good art and I collect lithographs and art books.

Cute Yomi :

Also, plenty of Ikaruga goodness :
http://www.4gamer.net/games/193/G019343/20150316075/

XSeed seriously needs to localize that game an bring it to US mobile or Vita...

SerTapTap

What nendos did you buy? An which full scales? o_O All SK?

Ain't no SK Nendos. nendos were two Gods Eater Burst chars, Flonne from Disgaea, some Jean of Arc character from some thing (she's cute, has a sword and is jean of arc that's what's important), Scales were Kyoko and Chiaki from Dangan Ronpa, Sonico in the tiger hoodie thing and Katsuragi. I passed on a more lewd Sonico...for now

Ain't no SK Nendos. nendos were two Gods Eater Burst chars, Flonne from Disgaea, some Jean of Arc character from some thing (she's cute, has a sword and is jean of arc that's what's important), Scales were Kyoko and Chiaki from Dangan Ronpa, Sonico in the tiger hoodie thing and Katsuragi. I passed on a more lewd Sonico...for now

Your March seems almost as expensive as mine is. Probably less though... Its /almost/ embarrassing with how much ive spent on SK this month for preorders.

Josephl64

Id even be willing to pick up an art book or two if they have published works even if I dont play the games. Im a sucker for good art and I collect lithographs and art books.

XSeed seriously needs to localize that game an bring it to US mobile or Vita...

They have quite a few like I got mine in the game LEs like this one:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00GTE7NME/

However, you can buy the artbooks solo like this:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B005MNEWEA/

...and yes you do sense a strong bias towards one girl

SerTapTap

For some reason I thought of a Summer Lesson sort of deal with those whatever girls there ^
VR will surely be...interesting

Your March seems almost as expensive as mine is. Probably less though... Its /almost/ embarrassing with how much ive spent on SK this month for preorders.

It's probably going to be over a thousand by the time I'm done, not all figures though. Got all those figs from Amazon, both Estival LEs, a ton of Neptunia art books and manga/light novels, might buy this Neptunia anime LE blu ray/nendoroid set too...the problem with that is then I'll have one of the 7 limited editions...which are like $70-90 each...

Josephl64

For some reason I thought of a Summer Lesson sort of deal with those whatever girls there ^

It's probably going to be over a thousand by the time I'm done, not all figures though. Got all those figs from Amazon, both Estival LEs, a ton of Neptunia art books and manga/light novels, might buy this Neptunia anime LE blu ray/nendoroid set too...the problem with that is then I'll have one of the 7 limited editions...which are like $70-90 each...

If Summer Lesson spins off into a dating sim series and Love Plus fails due to those absences...you know where I'll be at.

Woke up to a new trailer. Today is going to be a good day. It seriously made me consider double dipping. I don't like how they showed Gessen first. Makes me feel like they are pushing Hanzo out from being the main school.

Whoa whoa whoa... Time out. I require more information on the Neptunia nendos and art books... Ive been playing Goddess Noire (My first title ive played but not the first title I have bought regrettably. Still not sure the difference between Hyperdemension and the other one other than one looks like plain girls and the other is scifi.)

My March is both EV LEs, Katsu figure, Both SK2 LEs, another Kasumi figure, and a couple of GameStop orders that im hesitant to pick up now after hearing all the negative feedback. In about as much as you, but overall less stuff.

Woke up to a new trailer. Today is going to be a good day. It seriously made me consider double dipping. I don't like how they showed Gessen first. Makes me feel like they are pushing Hanzo out from being the main school.

If somehow Yozakura won the popularity contest I would be semi okay with this. I like Katsu and Yozakura the most from those two schools.

Knowing that man...he had to at the very least requested one.

Im still not sure about this whole VR thing... I see it as a gimmick just as much as the Wii U gamepad, kinect, and Playstation move. Im salty over it. I went hands on with both Morpheus and Occulus last E3 and I just dont think its something im interested it...

Ninja Edit: Unless its VR Senran Dressing Room Katsuragi Edition... Then im totally okay with that.

SerTapTap

Hanzo doesn't need to be first for EVERYTHING. Gessen is basically the rep for Versus since they're not in the "main" games. If anything they focus too much on Hanzo anyway. Needs more Shiki, Ryona, Miyabi and Yozakura.

Whoa whoa whoa... Time out. I require more information on the Neptunia nendos and art books... Ive been playing Goddess Noire (My first title ive played but not the first title I have bought regrettably. Still not sure the difference between Hyperdemension and the other one other than one looks like plain girls and the other is scifi.)

My March is both EV LEs, Katsu figure, Both SK2 LEs, another Kasumi figure, and a couple of GameStop orders that im hesitant to pick up now after hearing all the negative feedback. In about as much as you, but overall less stuff.

There's only one Neptunia Nendo, for Neptune, and it's only included with the disk 7 anime limited edition. Runs around $100 for a complete, brand new set (honestly it's one of the best values of the disk LEs though due to the nendo). You can buy the nendo separate via ebay but they cost about the same as a new set.

this is most of the neptunia stuff, these are used (but undamaged/no missing pages) and were at a good discount of around 50% off each, so you're not likely to find as good a deal (this was around $150 total). Just look for Neptunia + novel/visual collection/art book/manga. There's a light novel series, a manga, artbooks and guide/visual collections for most of the games. Some items are only included in limited editions of the games but can be bought separate--I have my eye on a set of art books and OST CDs someone has too but I don't know how much overlap it has with what I bought (unfortunately the CDs are usually samplers).

I like you Hitman. You have good taste.

If they ever made a 2D fighting game out of SK that would be my tag team set up. Or Katsu and Ayame.

A localization I'm not sure, but a whole new set of NW artbooks we need it badly :3

How many are there so far? Ive only seen the one. I think its going to be the next book I import if I can find it cheap enough.

Rin's story was such a perfect swan song for both characters that i'd be okay with them being written out and their dlc spots being given to some New Wave girls

Ayame plz, kthx. She was in SV and shes in EV. Let me play as her!

Josephl64

My March is both EV LEs, Shimakaze figure, 3 amiibo, 10 OSTs, 1 anime BD LE, 3 puzzles, 1 kirby blanket, Nekopara vol.1, 9 plushies, 12 doujins, 1 tapestry, 1 tabletop stand panel, 1 t-shirt, 1 keychain, and I found a copy of "that" Senran Kagura doujin dvd.

Luckily I don't think I'm getting anything next month besides 1 anime BD LE & 1 tapestry. So I should live.

If somehow Yozakura won the popularity contest I would be semi okay with this. I like Katsu and Yozakura the most from those two schools.

Im still not sure about this whole VR thing... I see it as a gimmick just as much as the Wii U gamepad, kinect, and Playstation move. Im salty over it. I went hands on with both Morpheus and Occulus last E3 and I just dont think its something im interested it...

Ninja Edit: Unless its VR Senran Dressing Room Katsuragi Edition... Then im totally okay with that.
I actually like the gamepad, but I'd agree with the other ones. Maybe it's because I can use it well without looking at it? What I mean is with the Kirby game, I never look at the pad.

My March is both EV LEs, Shimakaze figure, 3 amiibo, 10 OSTs, 1 anime BD LE, 3 puzzles, 1 kirby blanket, Nekopara vol.1, 9 plushies, 12 doujins, 1 tapestry, 1 tabletop stand panel, 1 t-shirt, 1 keychain, and I found a copy of "that" Senran Kagura doujin dvd.

Luckily I don't think I'm getting anything next month besides 1 anime BD LE & 1 tapestry. So I should live.

*Twiddles thumbs*

Whered you find /that/ DVD and what Doujinshis? SK or another series? Also curious about the Kirby blanket (childhood idol besides Sonic lol).

I actually like the gamepad, but I'd agree with the other ones. Maybe it's because I can use it well without looking at it? What I mean is with the Kirby game, I never look at the pad.

Ive only had my WiiU for a couple months and I barely touch it. I only got it for Xenoblade and Zelda U whenever those come out. Ive played Hyrule Warriors and Super Smash on it but I have a hell of a time having fun on that console. Its just so... dumbed down. The menu system is an eye sore when im used to something like PS3 XMB and PS4s system.

How many are there so far? Ive only seen the one. I think its going to be the next book I import if I can find it cheap enough.

Indeed, this is

the only one we have got so far. It compiles card illustrations for the first year of the game; it was released in september 2013, so we have one year and half of new cards more now ?

SerTapTap

DigitalHitmann, edited my last post, dunno if you saw. I should probably just make a new post instead of trying to editing in faster threads.
What plushes? I don't collect too hardcore but I have a fair few. Everyone loves the Cacodemon. I also have some mario, kirby and Final Fantasy ones.

Wheeeere's Kirby?

You play Rainbow Curse without looking at the gamepad? How?

Josephl64

*Twiddles thumbs*

Whered you find /that/ DVD and what Doujinshis? SK or another series? Also curious about the Kirby blanket (childhood idol besides Sonic lol).

Just so I don't derail this with the dvd(they're almost gone and you need a forwarding service like Tenso):
Haven't gotten any SK doujinshis, just a bunch of Kancolle with a few exceptions. I was going to post some covers but quite a few are NSFW, thus if you're that curious I'll pm you.

Oh and the Kirby Blanket was from JP Club Nintendo:

DigitalHitmann, edited my last post, dunno if you saw. I should probably just make a new post instead of trying to editing in faster threads.

What plushes? I don't collect too hardcore but I have a fair few. Everyone loves the Cacodemon. I also have some mario, kirby and Final Fantasy ones.

For Rainbow Curse...my hand just knows where to go, I can't explain it. It's like second nature?

Plushes(all I'm missing is Shimakaze from the set, they should be arriving soon):

Wheeeere's Kirby?

I have a few Pokemon plushes but thats it. Fennikin sits on my PS4. I have a Cammy (Street Fighter) that was hand made for me that sits on my Wii U. Ive got a Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Raichu and Tyrunt sitting on my game shelf with my extra hitbox parts.

Just so I don't derail this with the dvd(they're almost gone and you need a forwarding service like Tenso):
Haven't gotten any SK doujinshis, just a bunch of Kancolle with a few exceptions. I was going to post some covers but quite a few are NSFW, thus if you're that curious I'll pm you.

Oh and the Kirby Blanket was from JP Club Nintendo:

For Rainbow Curse...my hand just knows where to go, I can't explain it. It's like second nature?

Plushes(all I'm missing is Shimakaze from the set, they should be arriving soon):

Whats a forwarding service? Lol. I think I have to google that. The only doujinshis ive ever seen that I would like to own is Saigado series or Satoshi but those are in the "Good f***ing luck" category of trying to find them.

How big in inches is the blankey?

SerTapTap

Ah just boats. I don't tend to do human anything for plushes, just game characters that are suitable for it. I'm kinda glad most pokemon plush kinda suck or I'd buy a lot.

Josephl64

Whats a forwarding service? Lol. I think I have to google that. The only doujinshis ive ever seen that I would like to own is Saigado series or Satoshi but those are in the "Good f***ing luck" category of trying to find them.
How big in inches is the blankey?

forwarding is another way of saying a middle-man service used for places that don't ship internationally. I would love some old Spice&Wolf or Rance ones, but that's starting to pretty much be the same deal. As for the blankey...haven't measured it and I'm not at home so I can't say.

Ah just boats. I don't tend to do human anything for plushes, just game characters that are suitable for it. I'm kinda glad most pokemon plush kinda suck or I'd buy a lot.

Well I have a Gengar, Raichu, and Eevee left over from when I was a kid. Other than that...yeah this plushie thing is new for me

forwarding is another way of saying a middle-man service used for places that don't ship internationally. I would love some old Spice&Wolf or Rance ones, but that's starting to pretty much be the same deal. As for the blankey...haven't measured it and I'm not at home so I can't say.

Well I have a Gengar, Raichu, and Eevee left over from when I was a kid. Other than that...yeah this plushie thing is new for me

I have a Modern Warfare 2 blanket that seems to be similar size judging from the picture. Its more of a lap blanket than a full cover up. Nevertheless its a cute blanket. Would be nice for a kids* blankey.

(*Thatll never happen. Lol.)

SerTapTap

Square and Nintendo tend to have a decent selection of plushies, but their quality varies. I'm kinda surprised they couldn't get Kirby round, for instance. The Cacodemon is pretty cheap and cute. Can't really think of many other companies that do it as anything but a one-off thing at the moment. Nintendo even has some thwomp "pillows" (they're heavily stitched and not really good as pillows, but very cute) and a wide variety of pikmin. Don't really know about anime character ones, like I said I go for more the cute animal plushes and get figures of humanoids instead.

Josephl64

I have a Modern Warfare 2 blanket that seems to be similar size judging from the picture. Its more of a lap blanket than a full cover up. Nevertheless its a cute blanket. Would be nice for a kids* blankey.

(*Thatll never happen. Lol.)

yep, no kids touching mine~

Square and Nintendo tend to have a decent selection of plushies, but their quality varies. I'm kinda surprised they couldn't get Kirby round, for instance. The Cacodemon is pretty cheap and cute. Can't really think of many other companies that do it as anything but a one-off thing at the moment. Nintendo even has some thwomp "pillows" (they're heavily stitched and not really good as pillows, but very cute) and a wide variety of pikmin. Don't really know about anime character ones, like I said I go for more the cute animal plushes and get figures of humanoids instead.

I try to justify this obsession of getting both plushies and figures of boats...then I realize I don't have to~

Boats will be the end of me.

yep, no kids touching mine~

I try to justify this obsession of getting both plushies and figures of boats...then I realize I don't have to~

Boats will be the end of me.

Boats? Like vroom vroom splash splash boats or something completely different?

Just noticed. Tomorrow itll be single digits for EV release. That means DOA SK costumes are right around the corner as well. Cant wait for PC version. Im going to mod the fuh out of it an turn Hitomi into Katsuragi.

Boats? Like vroom vroom splash splash boats or something completely different?

Just noticed. Tomorrow itll be single digits for EV release. That means DOA SK costumes are right around the corner as well. Cant wait for PC version. Im going to mod the fuh out of it an turn Hitomi into Katsuragi.

Boats as in Boat girls like the plushes above. They are from Kantai Collection.

Oh god moddable DoA sounds like it will be A train wreck. A glorious train wreck.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Why are they called... boats...? am I missing something?[/SPOILER]

Kantai Collection is an online game in Japan that involves building/training warboats for battle. There are a lot of historical ships included, from different countries. Instead of them just being boats, they're cute boatgirls instead.

The series took off in popularity, and now there are games, figures, and anime.

Kantai Collection is an online game in Japan that involves building/training warboats for battle. There are a lot of historical ships included, from different countries. Instead of them just being boats, they're cute boatgirls instead.

The series took off in popularity, and now there are games, figures, and anime.

I clearly dont Japan enough.

Top Bottom