• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Maid

Banned
Maybe by summer time we'll have a localization announcement. ;>

When you play an imported game since it's not region locked can you play it online with a non-JP account or does it have to be a JP account to play the title online?

(I know that question probably doesn't make sense at all.)

You don't need to have a JP account to play online in a JP games. The only thing that's locked away is the DLC as far as I know.

SerTapTap

You don't need to have a JP account to play online in a JP games. The only thing that's locked away is the DLC as far as I know.

Yeah you only need a JP account to download DLC, and as long as the JP account is primary (maybe even this isn't necessary?) all other accounts on the PS3/PS4 can play the DLC no problem. JP accounts are super easy to make, the only complicated part is buying a JP PSN card.

Play Asia sells them as well as HK PSN currency. They just send you the code in email I believe.

By the way single digits everyone..! I wants it!
Katsugrabbyhands.gif

Yeah, everyone seems to be posting GIFs of him in the thread about the second one...

By the way, if there's a patch for EV can I still get it without a JP account or do I have to have a JP account to receive patches?

Yeah, everyone seems to be posting GIFs of him in the thread about the second one...

By the way, if there's a patch for EV can I still get it without a JP account or do I have to have a JP account to receive patches?

If it's anything like the Vita yes. I have imports on my Vita and they still get patches on my NA account

SerTapTap

It's a bad sexual fanservice railgun shooter. I bought it at a convention after watching Giant Bomb play it and laughing my ass off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN1SnvHSQLg&t=13

It's also pretty tame compared to what I expected after hearing most western impressions. Came with my Japanese 360 (as the odd-one-out in a collection of shmups), was kinda disappointed it wasn't crazier. The "boss fights" are kinda alright (if it matters I picked sword girl because well she's obviously the best), didn't get super far.

Zero idea why they're making a sequel. Wish Capcom would just give Mega Man to Inticreates and Inafune

Demoskinos

So in honor of only having 9 days left I'm going to make a Top 9 list.

1.Katsuragi
2.Homura
3.Hikage
4.Marai
5.Hibari
6.Asuka
7.Ikaruga
8.Yomi
9.Shiki

SerTapTap

Nine days plus however long it takes for shipping. I'm not getting too excited until it's on my doorstep. Also, no Yozakura? Reported

Puruzi

Banned
So in honor of only having 9 days left I'm going to make a Top 9 list.

1.Katsuragi
2.Homura
3.Hikage
4.Marai
5.Hibari
6.Asuka
7.Ikaruga
8.Yomi
9.Shiki

I'll do one too then.

1.Hikage
2.Haruka
3.Homura
4.Mirai
5.Murasaki
6.Ryona
7.Asuka
8.Yozakura
9.Shiki

SerTapTap

It's weird how much this thread seems to hate Yumi despite her being apparently popular. I don't find her any more or less boring than Asuka (that's not really a compliment but I don't hate her either)

Vylash

tier list time?

1. Mirai
2. Hikage
3. Shiki
4. Homura
5. Yomi
6. Minori
7. Yumi
8. Yozakura
9. Rin

It's weird how much this thread seems to hate Yumi despite her being apparently popular. I don't find her any more or less boring than Asuka (that's not really a compliment but I don't hate her either)
the Yumi hate in here is super weird

Josephl64

It's also pretty tame compared to what I expected after hearing most western impressions. Came with my Japanese 360 (as the odd-one-out in a collection of shmups), was kinda disappointed it wasn't crazier. The "boss fights" are kinda alright (if it matters I picked sword girl because well she's obviously the best), didn't get super far.

Zero idea why they're making a sequel. Wish Capcom would just give Mega Man to Inticreates and Inafune

Yeah I thought it would have been way lewder since people in the West were constantly talking about how pervy it was.

SerTapTap

Yeah I thought it would have been way lewder since people in the West were constantly talking about how pervy it was.

I just chalk it up to people, especially journalists for whatever reason, reacting very strongly (negatively) to perversion that isn't catered toward their (western) tastes. Mass Effect and God of War are way more explicit than Gal Gun even can be--I don't think you can show nipples in a Cero D (maybe not in a published game at all?), at least I've never seen it even in games that are explicitly all about the...explicitness. It's really weird to see the reactions to it from people who have surely played Mass Effect and either loved or rolled their eyes at the dating aspects.

Perhaps someday we'll collectively grow out of all the silly puritanical crap and censorship-happiness. But not today.

Maid

Banned
I don't think you can show nipples in a Cero D (maybe not in a published game at all?)

I'm quite positive you can't.

Western scene people are allergic to female skin isn't something new, though. I guess anything that's not realistic looking is bad?

Josephl64

I just chalk it up to people, especially journalists for whatever reason, reacting very strongly (negatively) to perversion that isn't catered toward their (western) tastes. Mass Effect and God of War are way more explicit than Gal Gun even can be--I don't think you can show nipples in a Cero D (maybe not in a published game at all?), at least I've never seen it even in games that are explicitly all about the...explicitness. It's really weird to see the reactions to it from people who have surely played Mass Effect and either loved or rolled their eyes at the dating aspects.

Perhaps someday we'll collectively grow out of all the silly puritanical crap and censorship-happiness. But not today.

Right, I don't think they're even there in Japan's Heavy Rain ver.(although I could be wrong since it's been awhile). It'll be a long while before stuff changes

Eolz

Here's my tier list as well I guess...
1. Homura
2. Ikaruga
3. Hikage
4. Daidoji
5. Miyabi
6. Asuka
7. Mirai
8. Yomi
9. Yozakura

Imu and Minori at the bottom.
Yumi not far.

SerTapTap

I'm quite positive you can't.

Western scene people are allergic to female skin isn't something new, though. I guess anything that's not realistic looking is bad?

Yeah I'm pretty sure cartoon panties are more offensive to western-only consumers than a flat out naked realistic human

Eolz

How can you not like Minori!? She rides a hamster! And... Pancakes...! And... Boobs...!

Because I find her gimmick even more annoying than Hibari (who redeems herself in side-stories and some other stuff).
Just so you know, Katsuragi is nearly 10th, just had to make some choices :p

1-9 =

5AEfmWZ.jpg
5gvvgfY.jpg
5LmN2XE.jpg
Yt2GeDm.jpg
CVZ3sKd.jpg
JA2YUte.jpg
zBzMxXl.jpg
3UtBRPW.jpg
NcKdard.jpg

the Yumi hate in here is super weird
I know, right? Only weirdos hate popular characters.

btw Hikage is shit. Shiiiit.

Demoskinos

Because I find her gimmick even more annoying than Hibari (who redeems herself in side-stories and some other stuff).
Just so you know, Katsuragi is nearly 10th, just had to make some choices :p

I'm with you Minori is right at the bottom for me. She's super annoying. Her one reddeming quality is that her guard break attack is pretty great. Being able to charge her pail up and have it ready at any time is a cool gimmick.

antibolo

Banned
Ryoubi is best girl forever, I love her personality, and how her weapon is a goddamn rifle.

Really psyched that she got upgraded to kinda sorta main character status in EV.

Kudo

1. Shiki & Mirai & Kafuru

I like everyone in the series though, don't really have a character that I don't like. Only don't like to play Minori, her attacks just feel weird.
Looking forward to EV so I can play as Kafuru!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*insert terrible ice pun based on Batman & Robin's version of Mr. Freeze*

Now to see how the other transformations look.

ShinMaruku

Only like 3 of them have their ablity. They are descended from legendary nin. Kurokage Hanzo are legendary nin which is why they have that form. Speaking of which
Hanzo taught Yumi

Top Bottom