• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

image.php
Perfect.

Demoskinos

So I'm stumped. I don't know how to get the shop trophy in Shinovi Versus. I'm missing one song #47 and two pictures 47 & 48 but have no idea how to get them because I've beaten everything outside of the two DLC characters Heart missions. And I can't imagine they would tie the DLC to the trophy.

Vylash

So I'm stumped. I don't know how to get the shop trophy in Shinovi Versus. I'm missing one song #47 and two pictures 47 & 48 but have no idea how to get them because I've beaten everything outside of the two DLC characters Heart missions. And I can't imagine they would tie the DLC to the trophy.
not sure about the song, but the pics are tied to dlc

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Did you do the tutorial missions (I think that unlocks a song) & the final Asuka Vs. Homura fights?

& pretty sure the DLC isn't tied to the trophy. I think I unlocked it before buying them.

If you still need help, this guide should be useful. Remember you need EVERYTHING, including the voices, accessories, etc.

Eolz

Tenryuu
best boat.

Has there been any confirmation about Daidoji and Rin being playable in EV btw? Don't want them to be DLC again...

Josephl64

Sorry I've been away a bit, now to answer all these:

Zuihou
best boat.

Has there been any confirmation about Daidoji and Rin being playable in EV btw? Don't want them to be DLC again...

Fixed that best boat for you~

Heard of the name but never seen or read anything on it. The Asian woman at the Anime store I go to from time to time said its the big thing right now over there.

It definitely is, last year some developers even listed it as their game of the year.

Boats? Like vroom vroom splash splash boats or something completely different?

Just noticed. Tomorrow itll be single digits for EV release. That means DOA SK costumes are right around the corner as well. Cant wait for PC version. Im going to mod the fuh out of it an turn Hitomi into Katsuragi.

I love your description of my boats~

Definitely can't wait for the mods, will probably try them all, new costumes, costumeless, costume swaps, and I wonder if they could make it possible to alter stuff like hair color too?

Boats as in Boat girls like the plushes above. They are from Kantai Collection.

Oh god moddable DoA sounds like it will be A train wreck. A glorious train wreck.

It will be the most beautiful of train wrecks :')

Airfield Hime da bes.

I'll take a PM pls.

Nice boat.

Sure one sec.

Kantai Collection is an online game in Japan that involves building/training warboats for battle. There are a lot of historical ships included, from different countries. Instead of them just being boats, they're cute boatgirls instead.

The series took off in popularity, and now there are games, figures, and anime.

Well the games are coming(vita port and an arcade game). The mangas(yes multiple ones with completely different stories) are pretty good too. Nice to hear Italy will be added soon too.

I clearly dont Japan enough.

SNK got this

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/akari-uchida-and-mino-taro-depart-from-konami

Anyone know who these two are and what games theyve done? Seems to be causing an uproar that they left.

Tokimeki is a game that posed the bases for the dating sim genre for nearly 20 years with everyone trying to copy the formula yet failling to emulate the sucess.

And Love Plus was the game that crushed that formula by making it even more popular and almost crushing ( with pleasure ) the NEET japanese society when it released. ( combined with the DS popularity ) The first game got fan translated. it had 2 sequels.
Love plus gameplay system were a big revolution at the time that nobody was able to replicate.

In short Both games were commercial and critical sucesses , to the point that they got god so many references in anime, manga and god know where.

Eolz

Fixed that best boat for you~

No!

Tokimeki is a game that posed the bases for the dating sim genre for nearly 20 years with everyone trying to copy the formula yet failling to emulate the sucess.

And Love Plus was the game that crushed that formula by making it even more popular and almost crushing ( with pleasure ) the NEET japanese society when it released. ( combined with the DS popularity ) The first game got fan translated. it had 2 sequels.
Love plus gameplay system were a big revolution at the time that nobody was able to replicate.

In short Both games were commercial and critical sucesses , to the point that they got god so many references in anime, manga and god know where.

Heck, even Iwata promoted Love Plus.

I love your description of my boats~

Definitely can't wait for the mods, will probably try them all, new costumes, costumeless, costume swaps, and I wonder if they could make it possible to alter stuff like hair color too?

It will be the most beautiful of train wrecks :')

I know nothing of these boats. =p

The SFM guys are going to have a field day with this release. Especially that studio that was interviewed by Kotaku. (DONT GOOGLE THAT AT WORK)

Not going to lie, its part of the reason I got the game, a very small reason. I want to mod the game, but I want to mod the game in a positive way. Not necessarily a negative way. Plus I love TN. Theyve been very good to me in the past with everyone ive met and had the chance to talk to. I want future TN releases to come to PC as well, but I have a feeling this will be their last with how much negative PR its been getting with nude mods being rumored among the Kotaku article and even worse stuff.

SerTapTap

I want future TN releases to come to PC as well, but I have a feeling this will be their last with how much negative PR its been getting with nude mods being rumored among the Kotaku article and even worse stuff.

I dunno why they're being such weirdos about it, unless it's an act "oh no, please don't mod our gaaaame~". They should be looking at sales figures not mods. Any damage to DOA's name is already done and explicit mods haven't had any sort of negative impact on Skyrim et al.

Demoskinos

I dunno why they're being such weirdos about it, unless it's an act "oh no, please don't mod our gaaaame~". They should be looking at sales figures not mods. Any damage to DOA's name is already done and explicit mods haven't had any sort of negative impact on Skyrim et al.

If they are worried about that shit then they should be looking at the SFM community and all the stuff they release. Cause boy is there some insane shit.

Eolz

Inkerton always does great Senran Kagura fanart

I now hate Big Boss.

Also ya'll are cray. Abyssal Fleet dabes. Even Hirame knows.

I can agree with that (thank you Hirame and others not as lewd for making me see the light), but are they really boats?

Josephl64

I know nothing of these boats. =p

The SFM guys are going to have a field day with this release. Especially that studio that was interviewed by Kotaku. (DONT GOOGLE THAT AT WORK)

Not going to lie, its part of the reason I got the game, a very small reason. I want to mod the game, but I want to mod the game in a positive way. Not necessarily a negative way. Plus I love TN. Theyve been very good to me in the past with everyone ive met and had the chance to talk to. I want future TN releases to come to PC as well, but I have a feeling this will be their last with how much negative PR its been getting with nude mods being rumored among the Kotaku article and even worse stuff.

are you talking about the Tomb Raider and Kasumi people?

ShinMaruku

Tecmo has nuked multiple modding sites. I have the conspiracy theory that they said all this to never make another. PC game. they know of. Studio FoW

are you talking about the Tomb Raider and Kasumi people?

Yeah.

Tecmo has nuked multiple modding sites. I have the conspiracy theory that they said all this to never make another. PC game. they know of. Studio FoW

Pretty sure they sent a DMCA and a cease and desist to FoW but theyre just like meeeeh. Im all for a little lewd but even I was like "Wow." (Yes, ive seen both.)

Ninja Edit:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/16/senran-kagura-2-is-done-with-its-first-editing-pass-says-xseed/

Josephl64

Yes among other projects they are working on.

Ah those are the only 2 I've seen.

Well once this is on PC, it's not like making another PC game will change anything since it's already out there...I guess maybe if DOA6 doesn't hit PC then stuff like that won't be as pretty graphically would be the only difference

I noticed that Crunchyroll had this Kancolle figure "on sale" but I'm pretty sure it's the same as the Good Smile one thats also on Amazon as it looks exactly the same, and its only 85$ on Amazon instead of 150$ on CR, I'm not that into figure collecting so I have no idea how high quality Good Smile figures usually are, does anyone here have any experience with them? I'll link both so people can see if they are in fact the same figure, http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/p/92658/Kantai-Collection-Shimakaze-18-Scale-Figure
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00INLXUKU/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=

I'm not sure if this has been already mentioned about Estiva Versus but the katana Miyabi uses no longer has the weird black fire that made the sword look spiky (which I prefer).

They said it looks legit. Have fun. That is one of the best Shimakazes out there IMO.

Thanks! I'm not really familiar with Kancolle outside of seeing it in some peoples avatars but when I saw this on CR I liked the character design and decided it was a good time to start. I'll prob start looking into some of the Attack On Titan figures Good Smile have since I'd like some consistency in which manufacturers I buy from. Although I'm sure eventually I'll cave and find a figure by a different company that I want badly enough that I'll get anyway :p

Anyone familiar with Play Asia's policy of preorder billing? How many days in advance do them take the money out of your account before your item ships? Im not sure if ill get my EV's even remotely near launch day.

Thanks! I'm not really familiar with Kancolle outside of seeing it in some peoples avatars but when I saw this on CR I liked the character design and decided it was a good time to start. I'll prob start looking into some of the Attack On Titan figures Good Smile have since I'd like some consistency in which manufacturers I buy from. Although I'm sure eventually I'll cave and find a figure by a different company that I want badly enough that I'll get anyway :p

GSC is pretty great but they encompass several different manufacturers. Max Factory, and Phat are 2 that are under them. Again come over to FigureGAF and take A peek. There is 1 poster who usually updates it with new and upcoming releases And we all share when we find good deals.

Oh god... FOW is doing a thing called "Spring Madness"... I wonder how many dev teams thats going to piss off... Theyre doing a top 32 tournament like a fighting game would with a bracket and everything...

Demoskinos

We should at some point see if we can get some online games going of Estival versus. We have at least 10 people posting in here that are getting EV on PS4 I think would be fun to actually get a full lobby of people.

I work 0600 to like 1600 every day but I can try to make something happen. Plus I don't know a lick of kanji so it's going to be trial and error figuring out what all the menus are for awhile unless someone makes a menu translation for me.

I work 0600 to like 1800 every day but I can try to make something happen. Plus I don't know a lick of kanji so it's going to be trial and error figuring out what all the menus are for awhile unless someone makes a menu translation for me.

The Google translate app will allow you to take a picture of any text and translate it to English. From my experience using it, it works quite well.

Demoskinos

I work 0600 to like 1600 every day but I can try to make something happen. Plus I don't know a lick of kanji so it's going to be trial and error figuring out what all the menus are for awhile unless someone makes a menu translation for me.

Yeah, haha navigating the menus the first few days will be fun. xD

SerTapTap

If they really care about this they're idiots IMO. I can see the number of people potentially buying it because of pervy mods being enough to be a nice bonus, but I doubt basically anyone would refuse to buy the game that already has the T&A reputation because of some unoffical mods.

Vylash

If they really care about this they're idiots IMO. I can see the number of people potentially buying it because of pervy mods being enough to be a nice bonus, but I doubt basically anyone would refuse to buy the game that already has the T&A reputation because of some unoffical mods.

the real issue is that they make a ridiculous amount of money not from the game, but from costume dlc, so if people start modding they won't buy, and that cuts into a big chunk of their profits

Maid

Banned
I'm importing EV, too, but not sure if I will actively participating in the online scene.

Not really idiots when it cut straight into the revenue. It's similar to IdolM@ster in a sense that a lot of their profit comes from DLC. Did you see how much those DLCs costs in total?

Josephl64

the real issue is that they make a ridiculous amount of money not from the game, but from costume dlc, so if people start modding they won't buy, and that cuts into a big chunk of their profits

I'm importing EV, too, but not sure if I will actively participating in the online scene.

Not really idiots when it cut straight into the revenue. It's similar to IdolM@ster in a sense that a lot of their profit comes from DLC. Did you see how much those DLCs costs in total?

Probably the main thing they're worried about...and that IdolM@ster DLC makes wallets cry

I'd love to be able to keep the online EV activity strong.

I think I'd only be able to join in the Summer...if the online community doesn't die before then.

Maybe by summer time we'll have a localization announcement. ;>

When you play an imported game since it's not region locked can you play it online with a non-JP account or does it have to be a JP account to play the title online?

(I know that question probably doesn't make sense at all.)

So I saw a game on Gematsu was getting a second iteration, I youtubed the first one... Someone well me what the hell Gal Gun is... It looks hilariously bad.

Top Bottom