• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Josephl64

which, btw, is super annoying

Eh, it's never going to change especially with 30+ VNs coming out every month and you can forget about eroge without an all ages version. Of course it was strange that Toushin Toushi was made an exception by AliceSoft of all developers.

No one is getting a Ryobi.

Shame, even though I hate the character, I like the outfit.

Her outfit is amazing
and Ryobi is

btn_10_on.jpg

But since she's always with Hibari...Hibari's badness makes this girl shine so much more.

Puruzi

Banned
Really? I think the only reason to like Yagyuu is because of her relationship with Hibari, without it, she's more boring than she already is.

Demoskinos

Yagyu creeps me out since she's just obviously using Hibari as a replacement for her sister

done

I dunno Yagyu is not so subtle about giving off lesbionic vibes about her relationship with Hibari. She does seem to take a protector role with her as well but I don't think its entirely platonic sort of love.

ShinMaruku

I dunno Yagyu is not so subtle about giving off lesbionic vibes about her relationship with Hibari. She does seem to take a protector role with her as well but I don't think its entirely platonic sort of love.

Who knows these girls have always been giving some vague relationship signs. Take Homua and Asuka, I find it platonic but some dudes would just say they are all lesbos, who knows, I all I know Asuka told this dude who was sweet on her she was not ready yet.
Then I found a doujin where it goes WEEEELLLLL

Vylash

oh no i wasn't saying it was, she's obviously in love with hibari while at the same time seeing her as a replacement for her sister, which creeps me out

Why is she wearing 2 sets of underwear?

One is edible. Guess which.

;>

Watched a bit of that live stream... I think this game needs a panic button after some of those costumes... Good lord. An that photography mode? Dangerous.

Ninja edit: YES!!!

http://mobile.siliconera.com/home/2015-03-17-dead-alive-5-last-round-shows-senran-kagura-costumes#1

"The collaboration costumes will be for Kasumi, Ayane, Honoka, Marie Rose, Nyotengu, Phase 4, Kokoro, Hitomi, Leifang, Momiji, Tina, Helena, Mila, Christie, Lisa, and Rachel."

Hibari, Asuka and Mirai confirmed so far.

So far...
Marie Rose - Mirai
Kasumi - Asuka
Honoka - Hibari

Just did a little more snooping. 3/24 is when the set launches supposedly.

Eolz

They really look amazing, and no surprise in the cast so far.
Might have to buy a japanese PSN card to buy it (I have the JP game and will wait for a sale in EU before ever getting the season pass).

Edit:
The automatic translation might make me believe a bit too much but:
https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/status/578078009443287040
マリー・ローズちゃぁぁぁぁぁぁん!!!!(Marie-Rose-Chan!! I got!)
@kenichiro_taka カグラ側のコラボはないんですか?(No Kagura-side collaboration?)
@3_0_9_ ありますよ。お待ちください。(@3_0_9_ I'm there. Please wait.)

DOA costumes as DLC for EV? Would be really nice :p

Fake edit:
This special OVA box seems really good. There's some pics that may not be quoted here (e.g. NSFW) at the link.
CAX9u53VEAANqW2.png

That's the same OVA that in the collector editions, it's just that it's also sold as a standalone.

SerTapTap

Wait what? There's an OVA for Estival?

Yagyu creeps me out since she's just obviously using Hibari as a replacement for her sister

Never really got that vibe, but her "kawaii desu ne" thing around Hibari (and only hibari) totally destroys her whole calm badass persona thing. I think they do that deliberately with a few characters like Murakumo to give them "flaws" or contrasting traits but they're far too heavy handed with it. It's impossible to take Murakumo seriously because she wails like a baby every 5 minutes which sucks because she's totally awesome until the mask comes off.

I don't even mind the potential "hidden side" thing--I like what they do with Shiki and to a lesser extent Mirai (I don't like Mirai's front facing (lack of) personality), but they're just way too blatant with it which makes it totally not a hidden side. Who knew a game about big titty ninjas could lack subtlety.

It's pretty annoying though. In battle Mirai and Murakumo are awesome. Then the cutscenes start and they're all like "waaa I have no boobs" and "waaa I am baby"

God, some of these bonus. Really hope my Cdjapan preorder will have them.

AND ANOTHER TV SERIES !!!

Wait what? There's an OVA for Estival?

Same one that is sold with the PS4 version of EV. There will be a bluray edition one month after the game release (and a diffusion on ATX IIRC).

SerTapTap

God, some of these bonus. Really hope my Cdjapan preorder will have them.

AND ANOTHER TV SERIES !!!

Same one that is sold with the PS4 version of EV. There will be a bluray edition one month after the game release (and a diffusion on ATX IIRC).

I honestly didn't look at the non-figure contents of each pack, so I get a DVD of this with the PS4 game then but not the extras there?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess I'll keep a list going for when more costumes are confirmed.

Hanzo:
Asuka: Kasumi
Hibari: Honoka

Crimson:
Mirai: Marie Rose
Haruka: Helena

That way, when a new costume is confirmed, it'll save people the trouble trying to find who else gets what outfit.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OH GOOD, they finally made it so alt. colors are selectable via hitting left or right on a certain outfit. It was rather annoying how different colors would take up slots, especially when they were randomized & were numbered instead of named.

SerTapTap

Photo mode? I assume that's dressing room only, not mid-combat? A proper SCE first party style photo mode would be awesome

OH GOOD, they finally made it so alt. colors are selectable via hitting left or right on a certain outfit. It was rather annoying how different colors would take up slots, especially when they were randomized & were numbered instead of named.

Bless. How I just hope random clothes aren't low-res, shouldn't be an issue on PS4 at least.

...do we know if butts look better or nah?

Josephl64

Guess I'll keep a list going for when more costumes are confirmed.

Hanzo:
Asuka: Hitomi
Hibari: Honoka

Crimson:
Mirai: Marie Rose
Haruka: Helena

That way, when a new costume is confirmed, it'll save people the trouble trying to find who else gets what outfit.

Asuka is Hitomi? Thought it was Kasumi?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, Phase-4 is getting one as well. That'd be my second guess for Homura's outfit since that way, the "main" character of DoA gets the 2 "main" girls of SK.

Top Bottom