• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I noticed our Comm thread has like 10 active people who regularly post. I feel like its more of a Senran Kagura AA meeting that takes place every day than an actual community of alot of people, but im okay with that. We all know I have problems letting go...

Katsugrabbyhands.gif

That's pretty common for a community thread. You get a handful of regular posters and then lurkers and others will filter in and out.

SerTapTap

That's pretty common for a community thread. You get a handful of regular posters and then lurkers and others will filter in and out.

Yeah, I think I'm like 1/4th of the binding of Isaac thread and most of the Neptunia OTs. Especially after the initial excitement most of the more casual viewers either lurk or leave.

Maid

Banned
I think it's better than the usual where half the thread are people trying to mocking anime boobs and Japan.

Actually, it's already much better than when Shinovi Versus was announced.

Looks like there will be a day one patch for EV.

69yyowk.png

Is that google translate? Because I can't make sense most of thing.

SerTapTap

I think it's better than the usual where half the thread are people trying to mocking anime boobs and Japan.

Yeah threads about Senran Kagura (and more or less only SK) have gotten better. Lots of derision for niche Japanese anything in more general threads still though

Obviously google translate, way too many words for a tweet that's not Kanji

Demoskinos

I believe chrome at the browser level just auto translates anything automatically when you load a page.

antibolo

Banned
Yeah, I think I'm like 1/4th of the binding of Isaac thread and most of the Neptunia OTs. Especially after the initial excitement most of the more casual viewers either lurk or leave.

You're like 1/4th of all NeoGAF.

I rarely visit a thread you're not already in.

I have sinned so much...I even bought that DVD.

Not /that/ DVD... /THE/ DVD...

:>

So, what is everyone expecting in terms of DLC for EV? Think we will get some NW characters finally? Id really like Ayame to be playable.. I think costumes and cosmetic things are a given seeming SV an BA have 157 bundled and individual pieces last time I checked.

Josephl64

Not /that/ DVD... /THE/ DVD...

:>

So, what is everyone expecting in terms of DLC for EV? Think we will get some NW characters finally? Id really like Ayame to be playable.. I think costumes and cosmetic things are a given seeming SV an BA have 157 last time I checked bundled and individual pieces.

Of course "The".

I am going to keep my expectations low and say no New Wave.

Anyways, seeing as there's no Ryobi figure and I already have a Katsuragi...I might try to get an Ikaruga next. Is the one with soft material the best one released so far or is the phat! one equally well received?

Eolz

So, what is everyone expecting in terms of DLC for EV? Think we will get some NW characters finally? Id really like Ayame to be playable.. I think costumes and cosmetic things are a given seeming SV an BA have 157 bundled and individual pieces last time I checked.

No New Wave.
More stuff for the Lingerie/swimsuit lottery.
DOA costumes.
Sadly, probably Rin and Daidoji as DLC again...

SerTapTap

My expectations for DLC are a crap ton of small items and alternate costumes ranging from $0.49 to $3.00.

At least it should be easier to browse on PS4. Driveclub's ingame DLC shopping experience is pretty nice (though the best thing is it's all covered by the season pass or free...). I expect to not care enough about the DLC to buy it in EV, especially not the Japanese DLC.

Demoskinos

At least it should be easier to browse on PS4. Driveclub's ingame DLC shopping experience is pretty nice (though the best thing is it's all covered by the season pass or free...). I expect to not care enough about the DLC to buy it in EV, especially not the Japanese DLC.

Yeah, same. I dont' really want to have to mess with with an alternate JP account. I'll most likely be all over the DLC once the game gets a proper english translation however.

SerTapTap

Well making the account (for PS4/3) is super easy and will be worth it if there's free DLC. On Vita, no, and paying probably isn't worth it. I already have a JP account for Sonico DLC.

I didnt really think about that... Id already be double dipping on the games... triple dipping on SK2... Cant imagine doing it on the DLC as well, but I am really impatient when it comes to stuff I really want.
[But im sure everyone already knows this by now..]

No New Wave.
More stuff for the Lingerie/swimsuit lottery.
DOA costumes.
Sadly, probably Rin and Daidoji as DLC again...

I would be 100% fine with DOA costumes. If I could put Kasumis traditional garb on Katsu id be a happy man.

Surprised everyone doesnt think NW characters will come. Im a little upset. I want to be able to do more than aggressively grope Ayame.

>:]

SerTapTap

The DLC was such a pain to navigate and the outfits are such a pain to navigate I didn't even consider buying any in Versus. It's kind of too much stuff as it is due to needing to dress up 20 characters. The color switching being made easier is a bit of mercy though. Hopefully the PS4 version eliminates load times between switching characters to dress up

Eolz

ryone doesnt think NW characters will come. Im a little upset. I want to be able to do more than aggressively grope Ayame.

I can see Ayame getting in, but not because she's a NW character. Just because she's now a more established character (shopkeeper). The others are still relatively unknown tbh.

Vylash

I noticed our Comm thread has like 10 active people who regularly post. I feel like its more of a Senran Kagura AA meeting that takes place every day than an actual community of alot of people, but im okay with that. We all know I have problems letting go...

Katsugrabbyhands.gif

still a great community tho, i'd like to get Cream and HawthorneKitty in here, and i'd also like it if someone

image.php

posted a bit more

You don't mess around with sarcasm in a thread like that. Not a smart idea lol

I dont know enough about GAFing yet, but I avoid threads that look like I would need a flame shield not only to enter but to exit without getting gored by posters. The only one I kind of got aggressive over was the DOA costume soft ban one because I know the guy who initiated it (from FSD) in person.

Eolz

Back in the day Senran Kagura belongs to those categories. Many people died when participated in such threads.

Really? Wasn't there for the original threads I think.
Pics too lewd, bad RP or some comments not really smart about women I guess?

Alfebit

Banned
I also notice that I'm the one who tends to derail the OT for half a page or so at times, thus my apologies

Eh, we're way more on topic than the Super Best Friends Threads.
Love you, Frienders.

Yeah this thread is pretty great for a community. I also see several people across different OTS so it's nice seeing simular interests.

Yeah, I notice a few Frienders in here, including you.

Looks like this thread about blackface. I avoid topics about race like the plague.

Dang, RIP in peace Saucer. Hopefully it's not a permaban.

Top Bottom