• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
By the way, did anyone elses preorder get billed yet? Mine still hasnt. Getting nervous.

We're still a good bit away from the release date. With AmiAmi, where I pre-ordered, they usually wait until the end of the month to bundle all of your monthly orders together to save you shipping, but thankfully I don't have anything else pre-ordered right now.

It should be coming direct from AmiAmi. I'm not sure if Play-Asia gets them in as proxy or distributor, but that could play into when it ships for you.

SerTapTap

Nothing from Ami Ami yet. They don't seem to ask for money until they actually have the product to send, or at least very soon before they get it

Standard with fastest shipping.

That could be why... I have both LE's with whatever shipping they recommend, EMS I think. Different SKU. When you login to the site an look at your orders does it say PRE or SOON on the individual items? One of mine says PRE and one says SOON. I ordered both Vita and PS4 SKUs together so that could be why.

Demoskinos

Ready for next week!
CAfz2aEVAAE965N.jpg

Josephl64

If you're not in Japan you're probably not going to be playing it on release (well, unless you get digital). I'm getting EMS and I'm certainly not expecting to have it by release.

I know I'm definitely not getting it at release since I went for a certain pre-order benefit and thus have to use a forwarding service

Demoskinos

Watched another episode of the anime tonight. Been very slowly watching them since there are only 12 and I kind of want to savor them.
Finally got to see a Hikage which was cool. I hope there is more Katsu vs Hikage later on. They had a pretty brief skirmish. Also, sort of did not expect Rin to show up for some reason but there was a few obvious Rin teasers as well.

SerTapTap

I'm pretty forgiving when it comes to stuff like this, but after getting the Phat Katsu faces like this are unforgiving.

That is not Katsu.
Oh CHRIST, I found the figure that goes with. How do you make that good of everything but face and then THAT FACE. I wish people wouldn't give them the money when they fuck up that bad. They also made derp face hakura. How is that sculptor employed?

Josephl64

Oh CHRIST, I found the figure that goes with. How do you make that good of everything but face and then THAT FACE. I wish people wouldn't give them the money when they fuck up that bad. They also made derp face hakura. How is that sculptor employed?

I don't think the face looks bad it just feels like...they changed art styles part way which is just offputting

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hanzo:
Asuka: Kasumi
Hibari: Honoka

Crimson:
Mirai: Marie Rose
Haruka: Helena

Gessen:
Murakumo: Nyotengu

Hmm, if its 16 costumes, maybe 4 per school?

I didn't get billed yet... Might send them an email and ask...

I don't think Mila will get Katsu. She's more of a puncher than kicker. I think she will get Yozakura and Hitomi will get Katsu... Or Tina but I'm praying that won't happen.

SerTapTap

I don't think the face looks bad it just feels like...they changed art styles part way which is just offputting

I mean, that art style is completely inappropriate as well, but the face/expression it self's extremely bad as well. Hair color is wrong too.

I still havent had a chance to watch it. Some weekend im not busy im just going to binge watch the whole thing. Ive been slowly watching .HACK and Hyakka while I work on the OT, half way through both so far. Too bad my laptop doesnt have a blu-ray drive...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It was....okay. I feel like sometimes it was trying to out-do Burst in how fanservice-y it was & forgot it had a story at times (which I think is a problem some animes have when they're based on manga/games that actually do a decent job of balancing the two). It didn't seem like there was a legit plot/conflict until about the 2nd half/last third of the series.

It pretty much did its job of gaining new fans around the same time SV came out, which also was great timing on the grounds the Vita got a price drop in Japan.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh my god, that's hilarious looking back, considering I usually skip the OPs.

....although one COULD argue, while obviously not as bad as the others, she's still suffering after what we learned in SV & her eyes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not that I've heard of. I only know of the OVA coming out this month. I also know Funimation did a dub of Ninja Flash & released it back in July.

I noticed our Comm thread has like 10 active people who regularly post. I feel like its more of a Senran Kagura AA meeting that takes place every day than an actual community of alot of people, but im okay with that. We all know I have problems letting go...

Katsugrabbyhands.gif

Top Bottom