• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Labrys

Rank is completely irrelevant, mostly a factor of time I think. Often you need to use Frantic (or an extremely excessive level) to get it, which is pretty OP but also makes combat faster win or lose.
I figured this after doing really well on one of Asuka's story stages (I defeated one of the girls before she could change her outfit/regen her health) and still got a D. I won't worry about it for now, thank you.

Yeah, her and Rin are rough to beat but they should be as they are positioned in the game as the current two most powerful Shinobi.
I figured as much. I ended up going down to easy just so I could get past her/get her special for the trophy. Maybe when I get better I'll be able to get her on normal.

Overall though, this series has got itself a new fan, I'm enjoying both these games immensely.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Just got a payment request for the squishy Hibari figure. I was totally expecting a delay.

I figured as much. I ended up going down to easy just so I could get past her/get her special for the trophy. Maybe when I get better I'll be able to get her on normal.

Overall though, this series has got itself a new fan, I'm enjoying both these games immensely.

Daidoji is really tough the first time through. She's a giant difficulty spike. If you want to brute force it, just learn the patterns of last portion of the song, save your ninpo until the end, and nail the final string of notes. As long as you complete the song with above 50%, you'll still get the win despite how poorly you perform during the actual song.

I'm sure you'll get used to it soon enough. Glad you're enjoying the games.

Labrys

Just got a payment request for the squishy Hibari figure. I was totally expecting a delay.

Daidoji is really tough the first time through. She's a giant difficulty spike. If you want to brute force it, just learn the patterns of last portion of the song, save your ninpo until the end, and nail the final string of notes. As long as you complete the song with above 50%, you'll still get the win despite how poorly you perform during the actual song.

I'm sure you'll get used to it soon enough. Glad you're enjoying the games.

I actually got past her on normal! Twice even, first time at the end of Asuka's story and the second at the beginning of Hikage's. I think I finally got the end part down. Saving my ninpo was the best thing the first time and the second time I got away with using it a bit early.

Now I just have Homura and Yomi left in terms of non-dlc story, then I get to work on the rest of the trophies. I've never seen DLC go on sale before so I'll probably grab it a bit later for the rest of the trophies and songs.

Demoskinos

You know... tbh I don't think I even remember what the ninpo actually do in Bon Apetit I just always pop them off as soon as I get them.

Labrys

I'm pretty sure they give a little bit of a kick but I get flustered when I break them so I think saving it was for the best in the daidouji battle. One of the trophies is for getting a 15 run on a ninpo which I haven't come close to try, probably has to be done on like yomi or daidouji's stage.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You know... tbh I don't think I even remember what the ninpo actually do in Bon Apetit I just always pop them off as soon as I get them.

To get the best score possible, you want to activate Ninpo ASAP and get perfects throughout the rest of the song. That maximizes your score. So, activating Ninpo at the beginning is ideal.

But it also gives you a huge boost in the win-lose meter for every correct note, so you can use it to get out of sticky situations.

Demoskinos

To get the best score possible, you want to activate Ninpo ASAP and get perfects throughout the rest of the song. That maximizes your score. So, activating Ninpo at the beginning is ideal.

But it also gives you a huge boost in the win-lose meter for every correct note, so you can use it to get out of sticky situations.

Ah. Well, I'm obsessive about getting perfect rounds on every song I play so I just always go for maximum score.

Hibari figure for 3k

I have this figure and it's pretty great.

FIG-MOE-5826_01.jpg

I have my copy of the OVA since yesterday - I had to travel by bus to remote and unknown parts of my town to get it at the shop the transporter left it, but I have it. I ordered it on Amazon jp.

My squishy Katsu just shipped over night though.

Really tempted to get her - and to track down this old Ikaruga v2 figure from Griffon, but I already own too many SK figurines for my own good :D

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Really tempted to get her - and to track down this old Ikaruga v2 figure from Griffon, but I already own too many SK figurines for my own good :D

Get the Phat Ikaruga or the Squishy Chara-Ani Ikaruga instead. Then the Vertex. If you already own them, then you've got the best Ikarugas available, in my opinion.

I already own the Phat and the Vertex one and they are indeed splendid. I didn't buy the Chara-Ani when it got released and the price is throught the roof right now, hence why I was looking for some alternative to satisfy my Ikaruga addiction :3

Vylash

okay time to catch up on the thread

Yes. The first game is still the best game, if only because it doesnt pull any punches. Game was supposed to be a stand-alone, the team, the writer, etc go all out... I love SK but frankly, the way they have been trying to develop the franchise after Burst is... Lacking.

Burst is more fun than Versus. Haven't played 2 or Estival yet so I can't compare. Better story too and none of the filler ninjas found in the spin off games.

Burst is fun. I'd say get it.

WXECzYx.jpg

Best SK figure, it succeds at everything : the cute face, the plumpiness, how her hands are positionned and hold the strings, the kneesocks. Fantastic job here.

Not awful considering how great a figure it is but man, I could never drop that much on one!

That's not even that much. I have a preorder set up for a 15k figure. Up to this point the most I've spent on one is $90 but there are a few I want to get that I know I'll drop a cool $150 on.

Top Bottom