• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Moonlight

Banned
Okay, so I've gotten to the Crimson Squad. And now I understand why the Crimson Squad is the best. Hikage is awesome. If only I knew how to unlock them.

I think something in my brain switched and now Asuka and Katsuragi are some of my worse characters, and Yagyu and Ikaruga are by far my best. I can consistently nab Bs and As with the latter, and struggle with Cs with the former. The hardest fight in the game for me so far was the 3v1 with Asuka and Hebijo, but I destroyed it with Ikaruga.

Puruzi

Banned
Okay, so I've gotten to the Crimson Squad. And now I understand why the Crimson Squad is the best. Hikage is awesome. If only I knew how to unlock them.

I think something in my brain switched and now Asuka and Katsuragi are some of my worse characters, and Yagyu and Ikaruga are by far my best. I can consistently nab Bs and As with the latter, and struggle with Cs with the former.

Yes.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Further I get into Versus the less and less I care about the filler teams. It's no wonder SK2 went back to the core.

Wrong thread. Oops. Have some Senrans.

IEOFMp7.jpg

SerTapTap

and bombed as a result

i mean, that wasn't the only factor, but i like to pretend it was the lack of gessen

I do wonder how they'll react to that. Pretty sure the 3DS is the biggest problem (in a variety of ways).

Any game without Ryona and Yozakura is at best half a game though.

SerTapTap

If I want to test the waters with this series, where should I start? Shinovi Versus, or wait for Estival?

Versus definitely since Estival assumes you know the characters and Versus (mostly) doesn't/serves as a good intro. Plays great on Vita or PS TV. Plus if you have a Vita and a PS4 you can get Versus on Vita then Estival on PS4 to fully appreciate the graphical evolution. Estival on PS4 looks soooooo good.

Plus you're going to be waiting until at least SK2 is out before they even announce Estival is localized probably, I bet the localization will be 2016 at this rate.

Labrys

I want to play more VS on the plane tonight, but I don't wanna get any funny looks. I might just change all the undies to the spats or something, not sure.
Or I might get Burst for the ride because 3DS = Smaller Screen = less people looking over my shoulderstuff

Puruzi

Banned
I want to play more VS on the plane tonight, but I don't wanna get any funny looks. I might just change all the undies to the spats or something, not sure.
Or I might get Burst for the ride because 3DS = Smaller Screen = less people looking over my shoulderstuff
I play it on the train and bus some mornings #nofucks

Labrys

"look at this shit i finally got Ikaruga ALL THE WAY stripped not just the top or the bottom ALL THE WAY i deserve first class tbh"

SerTapTap

Go big or go home.
I was considering toning down a couple of the outfits for when I stream

Hadoukie

If I want to test the waters with this series, where should I start? Shinovi Versus, or wait for Estival?

Definitely Shinovi, but even that game thrusts you into the story and characters without explaining much. You might wanna watch the anime, so you can get familiar with the original cast. That helped for me. You could also play through Burst if you own a 3DS, since the Anime's a truncated version of that.

Labrys

well im charging my vita

I finished all the girls i have unlocked stories in VS so i'm moving on to the main story now, starting with Hanzo. Overall I've noticed Imu and Murakumo's play styles fit me best, so I guess if I ever go into the online pvp stuff I'll probably use them. Murakumo is just.... so... unfortunate with her clothing choices

Greddleok

Picked up versus last night. It's a pretty good game. The writing is hilariously campy, I think I'll like this.

You might wanna watch the anime, so you can get familiar with the original cast.

Nah, I don't really watch anime any more, partner can't stand it :/

SerTapTap

Neptunia U is seeming pretty good, though it's less Senran Kagura than I expected gameplay-wise. SK fans should still enjoy it though. Probably best if you know the Neptunia characters though. If you're not familiar it's basically a Senran Kagura style game in the Neptunia universe actually made by Tamsoft. But it's all you vs monsters. There's still stripping (not for the monsters)

well im charging my vita

I finished all the girls i have unlocked stories in VS so i'm moving on to the main story now, starting with Hanzo. Overall I've noticed Imu and Murakumo's play styles fit me best, so I guess if I ever go into the online pvp stuff I'll probably use them. Murakumo is just.... so... unfortunate with her clothing choices

It sort of pains me how common this is. I can see why they locked the sidestories down in Estival, probably helps keep people from over-leveling via the side stories and breezing through the main content. The main game's already a bit easy and difficulty settings are pretty poor (mostly just multiplies boss health). One of the few things Estival didn't really fix from Versus is the lame difficulty settings. It's just "normal", "normal but bosses take a while" and "dear god are they even taking damage it's been twenty minutes"

Eolz

Update 3 for EU Senran Kagura 2!
Mousepads & OST

Being that we are now in May and pre-orders have been ongoing for a while, we want to take this chance to announce that we now only have less than 350 Shinobi Collector’s Editions available for pre-order! Once the remaining Shinobi Collector’s Editions are sold they will no longer be available to buy, but we will keep pre-orders open on our store until they all sell out. This essentially means that there is no firm cut off date for pre-orders, but once they’re gone they’re gone.

This mouse mat truly is the crowning glory of the Shinobi Collector’s Edition, which is as far as we know, the only European collector’s edition to ever provide a healthy Oppai mouse mat remedy for your sore and tired gamer wrists.

For transparency’s sake, we feel it important to mention that due to licensing issues, two tracks; “Crimson” & “Beyond Light and Darkness” (the two voiced tracks), did not make the final OST roster. We apologise if this comes as a disappointment to some, but we hope however that the gorgeous artwork, the fantastic Oppai mouse mat and ALL the other items in each of the special editions more than make up for it!

SerTapTap

So does the game actually sell way better in the EU or are they just wussies about 'Merican Puritans or what? Already have the Nyuu Nyuu pack so I probably wasn't getting it anyway, but it seems super stupid how much better the EU options are. It's actually kind of excessive how many tiers of LEs there are counting the one with the signature.

bobohoro

Another update, another day of being dissapointed at the high shipping costs. Sad to see, as I wanted the soundtrack, but if it doesn't come physical to other retailers I'll probably wait for a digital discount first.

Eolz

If you just want the soundtrack, I'd probably take the japanese edition tbh. You'll get every track and more.

And don't know for the sales in EU vs US, seemed to sell well for both. It's well known that US retailers are more reticent to stock every game though, and they probably didn't have the possibility to do this "kickstarter-like" for as many editions.
Who knows what they'll do for EV.

SerTapTap

Yeah the Japanese game bombed and last I checked you can easily get the Nyuu Nyuu pack with 5 figures and 4 disk OST for like $40. Honestly JApanese LE + standard edition seems like the best way to go anyway unless you desperately need a boobie mousepad of...who even is that?

bobohoro

Japanese edition really seems like my best bet, thanks. I wish more publishers would just release the game + full OST as a limited edition, don't really want anything else most of the time.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That's unfortunate about the soundtrack, but I already have it from the SK2 Japanese NyuNyu edition. I can't not get the EU SK2 Shinobi Edition. I'm still lamenting missing out on the Ultimate Shinobi Edition.

Hadoukie

Picked up versus last night. It's a pretty good game. The writing is hilariously campy, I think I'll like this.

Nah, I don't really watch anime any more, partner can't stand it :/

You might wanna make an exception here, since SV throws you into the game without any type of explanation of the previous events in the story. That, and the characters of the original schools are far more fleshed out than the 2 new ones. You'll miss out on a lot.

Hell, I don't watch anime anymore either, but I did it anyway, since it was only 12 episodes, and it helped quite a bit.

Top Bottom