• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

My favorite kind of weather forecast : bikini, bikini everywhere.

In other news, what I learned today :

Apparently, Yozakura is Ikaruga's imouto ? SCOOP !

Josephl64

What does the gameplay usually consist of in these games, is it like a VN?

Usually RPG/VN hybrids is what AliceSoft does. However the core mechanics can change wildly from game to game even in the same series(Rance).

Evenicle:

evenicle15.jpg

B78eHhuCYAADvUs.jpg

SerTapTap

Would anyone watch if I streamed some Estival Versus later this week? Was thinking I might stream while I do the Shinobi Girls Heart missions now that it's apparently un-twitch-banned. Not that I normally get many viewers anyway.

Usually RPG/VN hybrids is what AliceSoft does. However the core mechanics can change wildly from game to game even in the same series(Rance).

Evenicle:

Everyone looks so cute. Is it any good?

Puruzi

Banned
Would anyone watch if I streamed some Estival Versus later this week? Was thinking I might stream while I do the Shinobi Girls Heart missions now that it's apparently un-twitch-banned. Not that I normally get many viewers anyway.

Everyone looks so cute. Is it any good?

It's p good.

ShinMaruku

Stream Senran Kagura away. I'll be watching. I been meaning to play but my controller broke and i had to buy a new one which left me assed out.

Demoskinos

Playing more Bon Appetit. Murasaki's story is great. She gets the scroll so she can wish for her own refrigerator so she never has to leave her room.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Heads-up, it seems SV & Bon Appetit will be on sale this week on PSN as part of Golden Week. No idea on the prices yet (nor if any of the DLC will count).

Edit: $24 for SV, $20 if you have PS+.

Edit 2: Bon Appetite is $9 (I think $7.50 for PS+). Not sure if the DLC is gonna be on sale.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, I JUST bought a new smart phone & plan today. Of course there's a giant sale.

I'm still trying to decide on Bon Appetite, especially since I don't have PS+ right now. Doesn't help the DLC isn't on sale & I probably will have to wait until next week before buying it.

Rainy

Banned
Are those good deals for versus and Bon appetite? I've never played any of the Senran Kagura games and might bite the bullet now!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
SV for $24 or $20 is worth it.

I don't know about Bon Appetite, though it just could be because I just spent money on a smart phone. Maybe I'll buy it next Monday when I get more money, though I'll be right in the middle of finals.

yay! the sale on the vita version finally happened!

Just started playing it... confused as hell in first fight... second fight, kinda getting it... switched girl then it all kinda clicked...

So far of the few I've played I'm liking Imu <3

flohen95

Bah, I JUST bought a new smart phone & plan today. Of course there's a giant sale.

I'm still trying to decide on Bon Appetite, especially since I don't have PS+ right now. Doesn't help the DLC isn't on sale & I probably will have to wait until next week before buying it.

That's why I don't like the "second half" being DLC. DLC rarely goes on sale.

I've been holding off, too. I'm probably gonna wait until it's under 20$ for both parts combined, since digital is a buzzkill for me (and there's the fact that I'd only be able to play the game whenever I actually switch my Vita to the US account, which happens rarely since it's so tedious).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I probably would've given in if both were on sale. $18 for the entire package would've been fine by me (or heck, $15 via PS+ would've been great).

Labrys

so uh i bought both of them on the vita today

i was in the mood for rythm so i started with bon appetit and

hibari is defenitely my favorite right now but the one bancho girl in the opening song has piqued my interest

Labrys

Played a lot of the rhythm game, I unlocked quite a bit, so I decided to move on to Shinovi next. I like the mechanics, I'm just currently really bad. I got my butt handed to me by the blonde girl who broke curfew.

flohen95

Played a lot of the rhythm game, I unlocked quite a bit, so I decided to move on to Shinovi next. I like the mechanics, I'm just currently really bad. I got my butt handed to me by the blonde girl who broke curfew.

It took me quite some time to get used to Shinovi Versus' mechanics, and at the start, I was appalingly bad (I got killed in the first mission, and keep in mind that I had played Burst extensively before that). The 3D definitely threw me off at first, but you should get used to it eventually.

Labrys

I knew Haruka's voice actor was familiar, I recognized her from Dangan Ronpa. She's definitely one of the oddest dressed that I've seen but she's really interesting. In general I'm liking the Crimson Squad girls a lot.

With backstory/story in general stuff though, would you guys recommend getting Burst for 3DS or should I wait for the second one that's coming this fall?

SerTapTap

I knew Haruka's voice actor was familiar, I recognized her from Dangan Ronpa. She's definitely one of the oddest dressed that I've seen but she's really interesting. In general I'm liking the Crimson Squad girls a lot.

With backstory/story in general stuff though, would you guys recommend getting Burst for 3DS or should I wait for the second one that's coming this fall?

Burst is...rough. I would personally suggest finding a summary or something.

Eolz

Yeah, Burst is only worth it if you can find it for cheap tbh.
2 should come at the end of this summer, and starts by retelling the end of Burst (they've basically rewritten the canon 3 times for this scene).

Yes. The first game is still the best game, if only because it doesnt pull any punches. Game was supposed to be a stand-alone, the team, the writer, etc go all out... I love SK but frankly, the way they have been trying to develop the franchise after Burst is... Lacking.

Labrys

Yes. The first game is still the best game, if only because it doesnt pull any punches. Game was supposed to be a stand-alone, the team, the writer, etc go all out... I love SK but frankly, the way they have been trying to develop the franchise after Burst is... Lacking.

Burst is fun. I'd say get it.

Ah, okay. Hm. How often does it go on eShop sale? I'm not in EU so I can't get a physical copy.

I played more Shinovi Vs today, I managed to complete Hibari's character arc. I got only D rankings though, I need to work on that somehow. I mainly just used her butt slam and the triangle attack that's electrical, and then I would spam my specials and try to parry as much as possible.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Burst is more fun than Versus. Haven't played 2 or Estival yet so I can't compare. Better story too and none of the filler ninjas found in the spin off games.

Demoskinos

Ah, okay. Hm. How often does it go on eShop sale? I'm not in EU so I can't get a physical copy.

I played more Shinovi Vs today, I managed to complete Hibari's character arc. I got only D rankings though, I need to work on that somehow. I mainly just used her butt slam and the triangle attack that's electrical, and then I would spam my specials and try to parry as much as possible.

Don't super worry about rank. The character missions are actually harder than the story missions in most cases at least where rank pertains. At least before you level up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's been on sale exactly once, right before Shinovi Versus came out.

It might go on sale right before SK 2 descends from the heavens to save us all.

Labrys

It's been on sale exactly once, right before Shinovi Versus came out.

It might go on sale right before SK 2 descends from the heavens to save us all.

Ah, okay. If not, $30 isn't too bad. I have a flight coming up next week, I might grab it before then so I have something to occupy me.

I played more Bon Appetit. Midway through Yagyu's story I get hit with... Daidouji. Jesus christ I swear I'm gonna have to go through it again on easy because I cannot get past her.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

If you've already played Shinovi Versus, Burst is going to feel rough. I couldn't really get into it. It feels lacking compared to all the other games and it has the worst framerate out of all the games in the series. Senran Kagura 2 and Estival Versus are much better titles than Burst and Shinovi Versus.

Demoskinos

Ah, okay. If not, $30 isn't too bad. I have a flight coming up next week, I might grab it before then so I have something to occupy me.

I played more Bon Appetit. Midway through Yagyu's story I get hit with... Daidouji. Jesus christ I swear I'm gonna have to go through it again on easy because I cannot get past her.

Yeah, her and Rin are rough to beat but they should be as they are positioned in the game as the current two most powerful Shinobi.

SerTapTap

Yes. The first game is still the best game, if only because it doesnt pull any punches.

How so? It was the most mindless beat 'em up I've ever played at least for the first two chapters. SK2 actually seemed to be sort of hard, but not really in a good way. Only real positive I saw for it is it has a nice fast movement speed while too many beat 'em ups make you move like a tank. Mash attack, mash chase, at least Versus has some different attack animations and charge attacks to mix it up. The side mission things were also awful, glad those were removed entirely.

I get that some of you prefer 2D beat 'em ups but...I really can't see why people think Burst is better at...anything. At all.

Rank is completely irrelevant, mostly a factor of time I think. Often you need to use Frantic (or an extremely excessive level) to get it, which is pretty OP but also makes combat faster win or lose.

Oh yeah, I think the "lewdest" that I play is SK & I guess DoA with some of the costumes, but that's about it. I stay away from stuff from Idea Factory & such, which it's much more pervy & in-your-face.
Edit: What was SK2 suppose to be rated? T or M? From what I've seen, it looks to be on par with Burst, so maybe another T?

...you haven't played the Versus games then or don't actually understand most IF/CH games. Aside from a couple specific games, Senran Kagura is 1000x more in your face than most Compile Heart titles. And from playing it I would assume SK2 is going to be M

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe it wasn't IF or whoever, but I was thinking of games like Dungeon Travelers, Monster Monpiece, Criminal Girls, etc. or other games that get "banned" here on GAF.

But I guess those are the exception & not the norm.

I haven't played EV yet, though I did Platinum SV. I did tend to skip the clothes ripping scenes after seeing them once, so maybe that's it.

Top Bottom