• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

ShinMaruku

sweet_jesus.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, SK2 is out on August 11 (I think?). Finally earned enough Amazon credit to pay for a pre-order. Still kind of surprised we haven't heard anything about the DLC for it.

Speaking of which, Murasame or however you spell Ikaruga's brother's name, does he have his own missions, or is it like the first game with Rin & Daidouji in that they don't have their own missions.

Oh right, SK2 is out on August 11 (I think?). Finally earned enough Amazon credit to pay for a pre-order. Still kind of surprised we haven't heard anything about the DLC for it.

Make me think that I should make some space on my 3DS. By which I mean that I will have to buy a new SD card and a reader :/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can't really remember much music from Burst, but SV's OST had a decent amount of tracks to make it into my rotation of game OSTs I keep in my car. Really hope SK2's OST being two discs means there's even more greatness to be had.

Puruzi

Banned
I only remember one song from Burst's OST not counting the openings. It's the song where you fight Daidouji. That song is fucking awesome.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, I think I remember liking that song when I finally unlocked the Daidouji fight. But overall, Burst's OST was "meh".

Did they get the same person from SV back to compose for SK2?

Funny, the only song I like from Versus is Yomi's, while I have the full OST for Burst and SK2 on my cellphone.

Then again,Versus simply didn't made an impression on me.

flohen95

Oh yeah, I think I remember liking that song when I finally unlocked the Daidouji fight. But overall, Burst's OST was "meh".

Did they get the same person from SV back to compose for SK2?

I liked Burst's OST a lot more than SV's. SV has a few nice tracks (specifically Ribbon of Sorrow, Crimson Heart, Jump in the Fire and Renegades' Hideout), but overall, I find myself listening to Burst's OST a lot more (even though I only own the SV one from the US release and have to get the 3DS out to listen to Burst's - or look it up on Youtube I guess).
Every single word here links to one of my favourite songs.

It's one of the reasons why I'm always debating with myself whether Burst's the better game over SV or not. Burst has the soundtrack and the gameplay going for it (I just prefer the classic beat'em'up perspective to full 3D), but from the technical side, SV obviously takes the cake.

And wasn't the music in SV composed by the same guys as in Burst? It definitely sounds that way, but I'm not sure. If that's the case, I don't see why they would have gotten rid of them for 2.

Quite insightful interview with Takaki

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/0...ce-cultural-differences-and-pc-gaming/156724/

This is sort of tangentially related I suppose, but: how do you feel about Western gamers? Do you think that they are shutting themselves off to experiences like this because they see the visuals and feel like they shouldn’t be playing this type of game?

Not really in the sense that I think that we get the same type of comments in Japan. Maybe not as much, but there are those fans that say they would buy it if it were in a different style. It’s just this type of style that I like and this kind of gameplay that I wanted to create and play.

I don’t want to change or shift this because there’s naysayers. It’s not that I don’t listen to feedback, but there is a core as to why I make the games this way and don’t want to shift that around.

I’m curious about something you touched upon earlier. Why do you feel that things have gone mobile in Japan as opposed to consoles which used to be front and center? Why isn’t the industry changing quite the same way here?

This is completely my opinion, but I think that it’s just that the U.S. gamer plays games because they “want to play games.” But the Japanese user’s mindset is changing a bit. They’re playing games because some free time, or there’s something they need to do and in between they have a bit of a “refresher.”

Because of that, it’s just easier and handy in a way to go with handhelds or mobile devices to fill in those times. I think that’s why it’s moving toward more convenience of playing games.

What message do you want to give to people who have not yet played the Senran Kagura series? Why should they jump in now on either version [Senran Kagura 2/Senran Kagura Estival Versus]?

I do understand that this title has a lot of sexuality and is an anime style that might make some players take a step back and say like “this isn’t my title,” but… As a video game creator, I’m always trying to provide something that’s fun and exciting for the users. Not just like the aesthetics of it, either.

If anybody who hasn’t played it, even if they can just try it for three minutes, that might change their mind about it. Like “wow, this is actually a fun game!” It could be the story or the control, but just give it a try. That’s all I can ask and if they do try it then I will be very grateful and happy.

ShinMaruku

It's a phase It will pass when they and the press and developers get their heads out their asses. I find it completely apt that the most thoughtful devs on this is Kojima and Takaki.

Yeah, right now gaming is a witch hunt for anime games. Right now FE Fates and #FE seem to be the biggest targets. Oh and the Vita is a constant target as well.

Yeah, right now gaming is a witch hunt for anime games. Right now FE Fates and #FE seem to be the biggest targets. Oh and the Vita is a constant target as well.

Yeah it's super discouraging. You'd think people on GAF would be more tolerant.

Nope. Everything is lewd otaku trash and needs to be banned

Yeah it's super discouraging. You'd think people on GAF would be more tolerant.

Nope. Everything is lewd otaku trash and needs to be banned

X otaku game is ruining games. X game only sell 10,000. Still ruining gaming. At least SK is old news to the witch hunters at this point. Hell I'm going to buy the banned games because of the drama. Wouldn't have before.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's high school all over again, where if it's a game that isn't about football or guns, it suuccckks.

ShinMaruku

Phase should pass when the devs get their heads out their asses.
They can hate on the anime games but they make their money and I bet in the long run those companies do better than these big huge gambles in the same part.

Skii

I just bought Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus and I'm having a terrible time with it.

I can't access the DLC page at all on my Vita for some reason. It just says the content is missing. So I decided to save my game and play later. Now I'm trying to access the game and neither of my two saves are loading up. They are constantly stuck on the loading screen. I don't know what to do...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just go straight to the PS Store via the app itself. For some reason, trying to access DLC via the game page doesn't work.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dark secret of Fire Emblem: It has literally been anime as fuck since day one.

Awakening went for that too with that modern lewd stuff and it went over well, and now they are DOUBLING DOWN.

Kinda like how Atlus doubled down after Persona 3 and made P4, and might triple down with 5.

Skii

I just go straight to the PS Store via the app itself. For some reason, trying to access DLC via the game page doesn't work.

I can't even load a save at the moment. This is absolutely awful. Is this a known bug? Does anyone know a fix for it?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Show those wall scrolls though >.>

OK. They're too lewd to show the pics here, so links only.

NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW

Shinovi Versus promo scroll
Senran Kagura 2 promo scroll
Estival Versus promo scroll-- HOLY SHIT SUPER FUCKING LEWD

Went back to the store I found these at and they had three more SK-related items. A Dekamori promo item (character profile book and soundtrack CD), a New Wave artbook, and a Shinovi Versus artbook that is also super lewd, to the point that again I cannot show the picture here. Click the link!

Finally, and also super NSFW, here is a photo of the doujin I was talking about earlier.

NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My understanding is that's the "Niu Niu Festival Official Fanzine" or something. Wanna say it was given to 1,000 people, as Famitsu had an article about it.

It also isn't a doujin. It seems the contents (which I've yet to still see) aren't all that special/sexy, according to a Japanese blog of someone who got one.

Skii

I'm finally able to play SV after a lot of fiddling! Just a quick question, am I supposed to do all 3 schools on different saves or can you do them on one save? I ask because you can change schools in the menu.

Puruzi

Banned
I'm finally able to play SV after a lot of fiddling! Just a quick question, am I supposed to do all 3 schools on different saves or can you do them on one save? I ask because you can change schools in the menu.

Do them all on one save.

SerTapTap

Heh amazon japan recommended me a ton of Senran Kagura stuff, it knows me well already. I'll check if any of it ships to US...so weird what does/doesn't. Games NEVER do for some reason. You'd think they'd be no harder than books to ship but I guess it's customs.

I saw people trying it with that other game from the SK devs too. SK seems decently safe so far but who knows.

How surprising. Day after day, I grow more and more wary of the political types who think they are entitled to reeducate the bunch of primates that everybody else but them are.

Puruzi

Banned
Nooo don't tell me I missed a good thread ;_;

Serious question and I'm not trying to troll. Is there a thread to discuss the issues some people have about the sexualisation of minors that some might say is prevalent in these types of games? I'd be interested in reading/commenting on it but don't want to just wade into this thread and be banned if there is another that is more appropriate.

:|

Of course; but the possible counter-revolution then makes me afraid.

Humanity, poised to tumble from one insane extreme to the next because of a bunch of arrogant fools who feels entitled to have a say in whatever their fellow humans want to do.

Top Bottom