• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Ayame has moxie, I like that

t3ax7sj.jpg

I can't help but be amused at the timing for this card though

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From what it sounds like (Google Translate says something among the lines of "let's get revved up this week!"), Ayame COULD be out this week?

I love mondays, when most of the latest new New Wave cards are out; I feel refreshed for the week :3

I love how Ayame freak Katsuragi out. She must be a force to be reckoned with if even the Great Sexual Harasser is afraid of her.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
All the Senran stuff I've found on my trip. Senran Kagura 2 is everywhere and dirt cheap. Copies of the original and Burst sell for more than SK2 does! Did not buy any large figures...nothing looked good.

Something like that exist? Goddamn.

Yeah, was really surprised! Should have taken a photo. If I go back to the shop and it's still there I'll do that.

*cruising through thread*

*see's "Lewd and Katsuragi Bedsheets" in the same paragraph*

*screeches to a halt*

Links. Now. For reasons.

Links for what? This stuff was found at a local shop. Never knew that selling used anime/game character bed sheets was a thing. That's a bit too much for me. Not just the bed sheets, but thinking about what the people who owned them previously might have done with them. Yuck, lol.

Finally, an interview that asks both about the series future and for SK2

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/2...ro-takaki-talks-sexualization-and-crossovers/

Who are some of the new characters in Senran Kagura: Deep Crimson. Can you talk about them and introduce them to us?

Takaki: So, in Deep Crimson we have two new main characters. One of them is Kagura. For a long time, people were asking what the Kagura part of the game’s title meant, so we finally added a character with the title name. Right now, she’s young, but moving forward, [so] she’ll probably be one of the strongest characters—she does, after all, share a name with the title! There’s also Naraku, who is sort of an assistant that takes care of Kagura.

We know that one of the characters in Estival Versus is Asuka’s grandmother. What’s it like to work with an elderly character in a hyper-sexualized game?

Takaki: Beforehand, in this sort of game or story, there’s always a male character that goes crazy over all the girls. I wasn’t really keen on that. In this game, women have so much power—and, if I may, off the topic of the game, I think that in the regular world, women rule the world—so we decided that the best fit for a character that would regulate Hanzo would be a grandmother figure. If we just put in an elderly woman, though, that naturally wouldn’t be much fun—so there are scenes where she’ll get younger and what not.

There’s a guest character, Ayane, from Dead or Alive. What’s it like working with a character from another IP, and how did you fit them into the Senran Kagura universe?

Takaki: I mean…as far as new characters go, as long as they have big breasts, I think they’ll fit. That said, working with Ayane was a piece of cake. Usually, big breasts are just about all it takes.

On that note, Senran Kagura usually alternates between systems. Where do you think the series will go next? Will it ever move away from Nintendo or Sony devices?

Takaki: As of now, we’re not really thinking about expanding to any other platforms. I’m happy continuing to develop for the platforms the series has already showed up on.

Where do you want to bring Senran Kagura next? Are you already thinking of where you want to take it beyond the point it’s at now?

Takaki: Of course! I have a lot of ideas I’m scouring over right now, but, it’s definitely too early to talk about. Estival Versus is actually the first time I’ve brought Senran Kagura to PlayStation 4, but I’m really impressed with what the console can do, and I think I’d like to explore that more in the future.

Takaki: I mean…as far as new characters go, as long as they have big breasts, I think they’ll fit. That said, working with Ayane was a piece of cake. Usually, big breasts are just about all it takes.

This is great

SerTapTap

Beforehand, in this sort of game or story, there’s always a male character that goes crazy over all the girls. I wasn’t really keen on that.

Bless this man. This shit is always the worst and why I greatly prefer all girl series to "harem" ones. But SK still has Hanzo, who is still terrible.

Miiverse now has a Senran Kagura Burst community. & from what I'm hearing, with screenshot support.

Neat, finally. ...still too much of a pain to do screenshots on 3DS though

I would love for the fans to create their own mods, and just go crazy on their creativity. I can’t really say if it will happen on Estival Versus, but it is something that I have on my mind, and how to make it work.

That's so awesome to hear compared to the stance D.O.A took with people modding their game.

I hope the series eventually comes to PC :D

Eolz

It'll be a new game if it comes to PC. I've seen some people expect a port of EV, but itll never happen.

Finally, an interview that asks both about the series future and for SK2

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/2...ro-takaki-talks-sexualization-and-crossovers/

Oh lol that Ayane quote

Not sure if it has been posted here or not but Parkablog has posted a review of the Udon art-book : http://www.parkablogs.com/content/book-review-senran-kagura-official-design-works

I need it!

Alfebit

Banned
Takaki: Now that you mention it, actually, there are now upwards of 30 characters in the Senran Kagura series. What I really wanted to do was a Battle Royal mode where all thirty characters could appear on the screen at once to fight each other. I didn’t have the time to implement it, but, maybe it’s something I’ll look into for the future.

Just make a fighting game. I'll buy 12.

Miiverse now has a Senran Kagura Burst community. & from what I'm hearing, with screenshot support.

Doesn't seem to have screenshot support. With the amount of the artistic talent I've seen on Miiverse, I'm a little surprised there isn't much good art on there. These are probably the only decent pieces I found and they're all by the same guy.

And now in english!

In Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni a mysterious virus that affects girls in their teens and 20s suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Once this virus takes over, it can transform girls into deadly weapons.

Thus far, this special virus has been classified into two types: the “A-Virus” and the “V-Virus”. The world government decided to take measure by protecting these girls that have been infected by the virus by creating five man-made islands used to keep them safe and isolated.

The artificial island of Bhikkhuni became known for being able to successfully control the V-Virus. There’s an academy at Bhikkhuni, and they say that those who enroll there can successfully overcome the virus. That said, the girls decided to enroll with high hopes.

Little do these girls know that there’s only one way to control this virus—by fighting between those who are infected.

As previously reported, weapon transformations are known as “Drive”. The “Liberators” are the player’s characters, while the “Exster” are the support characters. When the Synchro goes up, the Exster can transform into a weapon.

While the Exster is in a weapon form, you can activate the powerful “Drive Break” ability. There are several steps to weapon transformations, and increasing levels will lead to even more powerful weapons with different forms and abilities.

Holy shit, we Resident Evil now. This sounds cool as hell, and hey, kissing

All the Senran stuff I've found on my trip. Senran Kagura 2 is everywhere and dirt cheap. Copies of the original and Burst sell for more than SK2 does! Did not buy any large figures...nothing looked good.

Yeah, was really surprised! Should have taken a photo. If I go back to the shop and it's still there I'll do that.

Links for what? This stuff was found at a local shop. Never knew that selling used anime/game character bed sheets was a thing. That's a bit too much for me. Not just the bed sheets, but thinking about what the people who owned them previously might have done with them. Yuck, lol.

Wait a minute. Time out. You didnt say...

-used-

Im gone.

Show those wall scrolls though >.>

Top Bottom