• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Didn't expect to see this in Neptunia

G9ZbPRb.jpg

And re: "Senran Kagura Water Pistol Wars": would definitely buy

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually find Neptunia more deplorable as a whole than SK. SK is upfront with what sort of game it is, plus they've been fun to play so far. Neptunia is a slog though.

Didn't expect to see this in Neptunia

And re: "Senran Kagura Water Pistol Wars": would definitely buy

Is that DLC or is it in the main game?

And I think a third person shooter with water guns would be a great SK spinoff, the clothing damage could be various levels of being soaked and the customization could be mostly bathing suits and beach themed accessories, but also normal clothes to show off the water damage.

Or just bathing suits as the last set of clothing, either way it'd be a cool game.

Is that DLC or is it in the main game?
It's in the main game. It's the MarvelousAQL character which is part of the story and mostly themed around SK. She has costumes resembling a few of the characters.
pqHfr0r.png

I actually find Neptunia more deplorable as a whole than SK. SK is upfront with what sort of game it is, plus they've been fun to play so far. Neptunia is a slog though.

I went into Neptunia with relatively low expectation because you hear so many bad things about it, but I'm really surprised. I genuinely enjoy every single aspect of it except for the re-used dungeon maps. Don't really understand the hate it gets.

Vylash

I'm afraid to even ask but what are you talking about

I went into Neptunia with relatively low expectation because you hear so many bad things about it, but I'm really surprised. I genuinely enjoy every single aspect of it except for the re-used dungeon maps. Don't really understand the hate it gets.

it gets a lot of hate because gamers can't get their minds out of the past, it's usually "the framerate is sooooo bad" (it hasn't been that way since 2011) or "the gameplay is soooooooooo bad" (it hasn't been that way since 2011) neptunia gets better and better with every entry and the series is like night and day compared to when it first started but people still wanna act like it's 2011, it's pretty sad at this point

ShinMaruku

it gets a lot of hate because gamers can't get their minds out of the past, it's usually "the framerate is sooooo bad" (it hasn't been that way since 2011) or "the gameplay is soooooooooo bad" (it hasn't been that was since 2011) neptunia gets better and better with every entry and the series is like night and day compared to when it first started but people still wanna act like it's 2011, it's pretty sad at this point
Exactly. This game is completely different and much better than it's first outing. But people are just using that to dismiss it out of hand. But those people are full of it so I ignore their griping.

bobohoro

I've only played Re;Birth 1 and think it was an all around average experience. Some characters were fun, but the scenarios never really go anywhere and so the dialog feels pretty stale after a couple of hours already. Same for the battle system, which is quite interesting, but is totally unbalanced and ends up with a one-size-fits-all approach for most battles. Repeated dungeons and some other game design stuff just made me happy it was over after ~20 hours.

Since Re;Birth 2 looks like almost the same game, I'll probably ignore it. Might give it another chance if Re;Birth 3 changes things up a bit more.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Am in Japan right now and am finding so little Senran Kagura-related stuff out there. :-/

Am in Japan right now and am finding so little Senran Kagura-related stuff out there. :-/

This is something I've been concerned for a while.

Senran Kagura as brand is still pretty weak and focusing only on the fanservice will make it only a fad that will eventually fade out. We need more games with huge focus on the gameplay and content to survive.

...Or Marvelous could go the Neptunia route and milk the fuck out of the IP so it gets lasting power out of sheer numbers I guess.

Another small interview with Takaki

https://deepestdream.com/exclusive-kenichiro-takaki-talks-senran-kagura-titles-and-gaming-life/

With the evolution of gaming, are gamers today absolutely different than when you were growing up? Or is that a myth?
This is Japan specific, but in Japan the younger gamer is a lot different than the usual gamer that we used to have. There are so many smartphone and tablet games. So those casual gamers – there could be a time when they want to have actual interaction with pushing something and eventually moving onto a controller, but I can’t really say if that’s the way it will be. But one of my tasks as a developer is to create games that they’ll be interested in – and hopefully (they will) use that controller.

Interesting answer

Lyte Edge

Am in Tokyo and hit up the usual spots in Aki and Nakano Broadway. It's not like I was expecting to find a wealth of goods or anything, but apart from a few figures I've seen nothing SK-related anywhere. Heading out to my former stomping grounds in Ishikawa-Ken today and will hit up shops there. Might just use Amazon.jp to get some stuff if nothing turns up.

Was hoping to find those little figures that come with the LE games for sale, but no luck so far. Just saw some used LEs for both Vita games and PS4. Prices were too high but that's to be expected in Aki.

New Takaki interview

http://www.technologytell.com/gamin...ras-kenichiro-takaki-series-overseas-success/

TT: There are some players who would otherwise be interested in the combo-based brawling gameplay, but they’re dissuaded by the fanservice and the aesthetics. Have you considered any ways to accommodate them during development? Do you have any thoughts on these sorts of people?

Takaki: Uh… not really.

I wanted to make a solid game but something I really enjoyed playing. As long as the game mechanics are solid, when people play it, they’ll understand it. It’s really hard to please those people and have the essence of what this game is.

TT: So… this is a different sort of question. The persona that you show is a very bombastic, focused, driven, single-minded sort of persona. Is that you? Or is that sort of this character that you like to portray for the mythos?

Takaki: [Laughs.] I try not to lie about who I am. I am pretty single-minded, and I just love games. I’m creating something that I enjoy, and I’m hoping that others will enjoy it or get something out of it.

Past titles, like Half-Minute Hero, have had my characteristics in a different way, too. It’s very comical, but has a different tone of what I’m trying to say. For those who haven’t played it, I would love for them to pick that up and see a different characteristic that I have. That was all me, too.

I love the guy

Vylash

TT: There are some players who would otherwise be interested in the combo-based brawling gameplay, but they’re dissuaded by the fanservice and the aesthetics. Have you considered any ways to accommodate them during development? Do you have any thoughts on these sorts of people?

Takaki: Uh… not really.
beautiful

Those are some weird questions. There are enough combo based brawlers if you don't like anime boobs for some weird reason.

Keep doing what you're doing Takaki. I also had no idea that he made HMH.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hey uh, I would assume that pic technically counts as a scan, which isn't allowed. Might wanna play it safe and remove it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You're right, thanks for the heads up. The quoted ones will remain though.
Yeah, no problem, rather not see someone get banned for posting a scan. I THINK saying "if you want the location/see it, I can PM it" is still okay since it's not a direct link, plus it's not posting it directly on the forums for everyone to see.

Lyte Edge

Senran Search Update #2:

Continued to luck out with finding anything Senran-related until I hit up one of the biggest recycle shops in the city. There still wasn't much, but I found SK2 shot glasses, drink coasters, small sofa pillows, and LE copies of Estival Versus for PS4 and SK2 for 3DS, plus the physical cart version of Dekamori. Got everything except for the pillows. Then I hit up Amazon.jp and ordered the remaining LEs for SV and EV on Vita for 6000-7000 yen each. Picked up the EV perfect bible at a bookstore yesterday.

Guess there's really not too much else out there. Saw a few Hibari figures at quite a few places, but they don't look good. Found one Asuka but it was so-so and too much.

I really have to say how surprised I am to see just how much the video game/toy selections have dried up at all the Kanazawa shops I used to frequent. I couldn't find any of the other games I was looking for but Amazon had them all on the cheap.

Lyte Edge

Found some more Senran stuff yesterday. Three large official wall scrolls. Quite lewd, but I had to pick them up. Also saw a Katsuragi bed sheets set but that's not something I'm gonna get, lol. Interestingly enough, I also saw what appeared to be a Senran Kagura adult doujin drawn by SK character artist Yaegashi Nan. They actually had it locked in a case and it was 14,000 yen, so I wasn't going to get that either.

Found some more Senran stuff yesterday. Three large official wall scrolls. Quite lewd, but I had to pick them up. Also saw a Katsuragi bed sheets set but that's not something I'm gonna get, lol. Interestingly enough, I also saw what appeared to be a Senran Kagura adult doujin drawn by SK character artist Yaegashi Nan. They actually had it locked in a case and it was 14,000 yen, so I wasn't going to get that either.

Something like that exist? Goddamn.

Oh, new interview

http://tay.kinja.com/40-minutes-with-japans-huge-boob-producer-1714082730

*cruising through thread*

*see's "Lewd and Katsuragi Bedsheets" in the same paragraph*

*screeches to a halt*

Links. Now. For reasons.

Top Bottom