• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

MetalDeer

PS4-Ultra-1280x768.jpg

Marvelous tempts me so...

Demoskinos

Still no North America announcement. I bet our LE is going to be lame if we even get one beyond a standard Art book and Soundtrack thing. Which is OK but man for once give North America a good LE. :(

SerTapTap

Why are they so bad with NA? I can't really imagine the game sells THAT much better in EU. Oh well, already got the figures but want expecting the western versions to have those, though if they don't come to NA I'd rather import jp than EU

SerTapTap

Oh the figure sets already sold out in an hour. I don't get why they do this, especially when they should have known from the SK2 limited editions that they were drastically underestimating demand for the LEs.

I think the JP ones sold out completely too, but at launch. Only the SK2 figure sets seem to have done poorly (I blame 3DS)

I think the figures are literally leftovers from the JP editions and they just included them because they could. It's the only difference between the LE tiers so I don't think is such a big deal honestly.

Go annoy XSEED on twitter if you want US LE's. I don't understand why those are only available in EU

SerTapTap

The figures are almost the only thing I was even interested in from any of the LE content though. If the west is going to continue to get no/extremely limited quantities of figures I'll just have to keep buying the Japanese LE and the US standard.

Since I already got those and the OST I just hope XSeed brings the artbook, they're usually good for that at the least with their physical first/only print editions.

Why are they so bad with NA? I can't really imagine the game sells THAT much better in EU. Oh well, already got the figures but want expecting the western versions to have those, though if they don't come to NA I'd rather import jp than EU
United States cultural issues blah blah blah.

Either that or they are super terrified Estival is gonna kneecap Deep Crimson. (Which has a shitty LE compared to EU too.)

XSEED will probably have the usual game + artbook + soundtrack bundle at least
Also the Hibari on the pillow is just a placeholder, it will be a new EV girl in the end.

SerTapTap

The pillow is 99% sure to either be one of the leaders or one of the Gessen characters...probably Yumi because everything is Yumi this time, I wish they'd stop trying to have "lead" characters honestly, especially in Versus where it's totally unnecessary.

United States cultural issues blah blah blah.

Either that or they are super terrified Estival is gonna kneecap Deep Crimson. (Which has a shitty LE compared to EU too.)

If they think US cultural values are relevant they're idiots IMO. They aren't going to be selling the super special editions in fucking walmart anyway, who gives a fuck

Demoskinos

The pillow is 99% sure to either be one of the leaders or one of the Gessen characters...probably Yumi because everything is Yumi this time, I wish they'd stop trying to have "lead" characters honestly, especially in Versus where it's totally unnecessary.

If they think US cultural values are relevant they're idiots IMO. They aren't going to be selling the super special editions in fucking walmart anyway, who gives a fuck

Its the Yakuza 3 situation of hey you gimped your game but also the only people buying this ARE the hardcore fans that want that would want that stuff.

SerTapTap

I'd be pleasantly surprised if it were one of Hanabi/Renka/Kafuru but still not enough to be worth ordering a blind daki for a series with >25 characters

Its the Yakuza 3 situation of hey you gimped your game but also the only people buying this ARE the hardcore fans that want that would want that stuff.

Not familiar with the Yakuza situation, but IMO any "negative" press coverage this would get because of a lewd LE would only help sales anyway. Dragon's Crown probably stood the most to lose from it's press coverage situation and it was still a great success. Unless the ESRB is saying "you literally cannot put this on a home console platform" then fucking do it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I was about to get upset that I missed out on the LE until I realized they don't ship outside the US. The Daki and the cards seem to be the only exclusive items. Hopefully XSEEDGames can at least get us some cards or something for our NA release.

SerTapTap

The artbook wasn't in the JP LE either. Also there were 4 disks with the JP LE not 2, I wonder what we're missing here. I forget, were two disks audio dramas? Cause they'd never bring those over (can't especially blame them)

Yeah I would have been very tempted with the Hibari one, but not going to get a random one.

I appreciate that dakis are expensive and thus a surprisingly good inclusion in an LE but I can't really get excited for them myself. I could never use and damage an LE product (pillows definitely wear), and it'd be a bit embarrassing (and look stupid) to pin up like it's a wall scroll. Prefer figures, OST, art books. Art cards are okay but I prefer a book. Cards are easier to damage and hard to display.

flohen95

At least Americans can get their hands on the game for less than 60€, unlike us here.

I'd kind of want to talk about that when I get to Marvelous Europe's gamescom booth, but it's not like that'll change anything and I'm just going to give myself a hard time.

Well, it's better than the 65€ I paid for SK2. A tiny bit. And importing is a much more viable option, especially for the PS4 version.

SerTapTap

At least Americans can get their hands on the game for less than 60€, unlike us here.

I'd kind of want to talk about that when I get to Marvelous Europe's gamescom booth, but it's not like that'll change anything and I'm just going to give myself a hard time.

Well, it's better than the 65€ I paid for SK2. A tiny bit. And importing is a much more viable option, especially for the PS4 version.

Is Marvelous not doing a standard retail release at all? I doubt you HAVE to buy the game from their store, but you do for the extras of course. Also we'll pay exactly $60 and absolutely no less for the PS4 version at launch unless it's Best Buy's Gamer's Club Unlocked, store exclusive or no there is zero retail undercutting at launch in the US.

Is Marvelous not doing a standard retail release at all? I doubt you HAVE to buy the game from their store, but you do for the extras of course. Also we'll pay exactly $60 and absolutely no less for the PS4 version at launch unless it's Best Buy's Gamer's Club Unlocked, store exclusive or no there is zero retail undercutting at launch in the US.

That's the thing, we don't know.
They're currently saying that they'll only sell it through their store but might consider normal releases for future titles.

It's really shitty. The edition with artbook and CDs will probably cost me 85€ ($94), while you will probably be able to get it for $60 or $70 in the US.
I'd honestly switch with you guys and get decent prices in exchange for LE options.

I'll wait until I see what the US gets and maybe just import for much cheaper.

SerTapTap

I could swear I saw pictures of SK Burst's EU physical edition in stores (MEANWHILE, IN NORTH AMERICA), do SV and SK2 not have non-Marvelous store physical releases?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I could swear I saw pictures of SK Burst's EU physical edition in stores (MEANWHILE, IN NORTH AMERICA), do SV and SK2 not have non-Marvelous store physical releases?

I don't think they do. Or at least they haven't confirmed one way or another. That's why the SK2 site treats preorders almost like a kickstarter. Because they're presumably making enough to meet preorder demand.

SK Burst had a normal retail release, but that was mostly PQube, not Marvelous EU.
SV has no retail release in EU at all and SK2 is Marvelous store only.

EDIT: I just looked through their twitter and they're saying SK2 and EV will be availabe on amazon at some point. I wish they made that more clear in advance but I guess they want to push pre-orders. I'll wait and see what happens for now.

I promised myself I wouldn't buy anymore LE but if the US version is the same I'll buy the Vita and PS4 versions to finish the picture to have it on display on my game shelf. :)

flohen95

That's what's so frustrating. Burst was handled by Zen United/PQube if I'm not mistaken, and it got a Europe wide retail release. You could even buy it at stores like Müller, which is primarily a drug store, here in Germany.

When you then have Marvelous Europe claiming that "retail stores don't really stock these kinds of games", it comes of as if they're not even trying. Maybe they aren't, they profit much more from having everyone paying GB prices and not having to give retailers a cut. Who knows.

I mean, don't get me wrong, this is preferable to how Shinovi Versus was handled, but it's still a bit of a bummer, especially since Burst's release was done wonderfully (even though it came out a month later in Germany than it did in the rest of Europe, iirc).

EDIT: I just looked through their twitter and they're saying SK2 and EV will be availabe on amazon at some point. I wish they made that more clear in advance but I guess they want to push pre-orders. I'll wait and see what happens for now.

And then there's this - the fact that their wording regarding different outlets has been so ambiguous and unclear. Just say stuff like that up front instead of plastering the word exclusive everywhere without making clear what exactly's going to be exclusive and what isn't. They have been doing this since the start of the SK2 campaign.

That's what so frustrating. Burst was handled by Zen United/PQube if I'm not mistaken, and it got a Europe wide retail release. You could even buy it at stores like Müller, which is primarily a drug store, here in Germany.

I actually bought my copy at Müller haha. Got it together with Criminal Girls, that was one of the more awkward store purchases I can remember!
And then there's this - the fact that their wording regarding different outlets has been so ambiguous and unclear. Just say stuff like that up front instead of plastering the word exclusive everywhere without making clear what exactly's going to be exclusive and what isn't. They have been doing this since the start of the SK2 campaign.

Yeah, I pre-ordered SK2 because it seemed like there would be no other options but now, especially on region free systems, I'll just wait. I'm not a fan of them selling it exclusively without a middleman AND charging more than anywhere else. It comes off a bit greedy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd be content with just the artbook & CDs again. Maayyybeee the figures, but that's all I'd really care about.

...I'd probably sell the pillow cover to someone on here.

why are you all assuming we're not getting the same le when we literally have no idea

Tom said in the past that offering such a big LE is too demanding for XSEED and how involves a lot more of legal and manufacturing issues to sort.

There's also the fact that Marvelous Europe is basically running a kickstarter and using the money of the preorders to fund the LE's while XSEED does the LE out of its pocket thus limiting what they can do.

Demoskinos

I'd be pleasantly surprised if it were one of Hanabi/Renka/Kafuru but still not enough to be worth ordering a blind daki for a series with >25 characters

Not familiar with the Yakuza situation, but IMO any "negative" press coverage this would get because of a lewd LE would only help sales anyway. Dragon's Crown probably stood the most to lose from it's press coverage situation and it was still a great success. Unless the ESRB is saying "you literally cannot put this on a home console platform" then fucking do it.

Basically SEGA decided to cut a lot of things from the localized version of Yakuza 3 like Hostess Bars and a bunch of other side content. Which is stupid because all that did was piss off the hardcore fans who we're really the ones buying it in the first place. Somewhere along the line they realized this and released Yakuza 4 almost unchanged.

Eolz

Nice, based Marvelous Europe.
Don't really feel bad about missing the minifig editions, since I'm not a fan of those schools and you can still import some.
And also because I have the best SK2 edition :p
Dat Daki tho, will get this PS4 edition for sure. Have they said how much stock they had?

Isotope

That EV LE for EU and AUS is slightly better than the one I purchased from amiami; I want those art cards as well as the other figurines that were in the Vita LE. :<

Top Bottom