• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

ShinMaruku

I now want Ikaruga to have a Capcom cross outfit where she's dressed as a female Vergil. Hell even make her call Hien Yamato when you have it....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I now want Ikaruga to have a Capcom cross outfit where she's dressed as a female Vergil. Hell even make her call Hien Yamato when you have it....
Senran Capcogura.

Featuring Cammy, Chun-Li............uh..............Jill, I guess............female Monster Hunter......I don't know, Devilotte?

ShinMaruku

Senran Capcogura.

Featuring Cammy, Chun-Li............uh..............Jill, I guess............female Monster Hunter......I don't know, Devilotte?

giphy.gif

Valkyrie Drive: Bhikhuni will be released on December 10th

First print bonus are the 3 swimwears

There is an Oppai rank and Costume change like in Senran Kagura

The LE includes Visual book, OST, Drama CD

Oh and here are the names and VAs of the anime characters revealed yesterday

Kikuko Inuoe as Torino Kazami (Hot mom)

Saoori Onishi as Rein Hasumi (biker), Azumi Azakura as Lady J(sorceress)

Hitomi Harada as Momoka Sagara (Evil Miku)

Asuka's VA being Evil Miku is hilarious

Man....I will need to keep an eye on AmiAmi for that LE

SerTapTap

I wish they'd do more badass style SK figs like the Phat Katsuragi, I don't really like the presentation of the squishy ones thus far

Think of a girl with breast implants before and after. Thats basically the figure. You can tell its a different material just by looking at it. Its not blended very well. Looks like she had a mastectomy or whatever its called. An Angelina Jolie if you will.

Demoskinos

Really? Didn't look that obvious from the prototype shots. Hate when the real things differ significantly

Think of a girl with breast implants before and after. Thats basically the figure. You can tell its a different material just by looking at it. Its not blended very well. Looks like she had a mastectomy or whatever its called. An Angelina Jolie if you will.

I dunno I think the squishy Katsu looks just fine. Yes there is a skin tone gradient but to me that seemed intentional instead of just a byproduct of the squishy material.

Does anyone have the other squishy Senrans? Is the color gradient on the squishy parts the only issue? I saw that picture of them together and they look pretty good. It'll be a decent investment so just wanted some opinions. Thanks.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I have the 'squishy' Katsuragi figure. It's not bad-- I got it because it is either based on or looks very similar to an illustration by Eiwa that I like. In general I don't think most of the SK figures look very good. The best ones are the little figures that come with the LEs.

Maybe the upcoming New Wave figures will be better.

SerTapTap

I have the 'squishy' Katsuragi figure. It's not bad-- I got it because it is either based on or looks very similar to an illustration by Eiwa. In general I don't think most of the SK figures look very good. The best ones are the little figures that come with the LEs.

Maybe the upcoming New Wave figures will be better.

Phat Katsu is pretty great IMO. Chibis are mostly nice but obviously very cheap, and a couple have resulting issues (Imu comes off her staff easy, Ryobi's cape is like impossible to get on and her gun just kind of sits there between her arms)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Phat Katsu is pretty great IMO. Chibis are mostly nice but obviously very cheap, and a couple have resulting issues (Imu comes off her staff easy, Ryobi's cape is like impossible to get on and her gun just kind of sits there between her arms)

Phat as in Phat Company, right? Didn't do much for me. I would have expected a ton of figures for this series and there's surprisingly very little out there. Would have liked Nendoroids and Figmas too. There is one Yagyu figure that doesn't look too bad though.

I saw some SK figures in Japan last month and none of them looked worth buying. There were mostly shit-quality Hibari figures at the stores that had anything.

I actually have 2 Katsuragi figures already and all of Hanzo in scales. I'm just curios about the squishy ones. The Phat ones are great. I also have the Katsuragi made by Amiami and it is a great figure with the only issue being the way her shirt casts off it doesn't close up well.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Does anyone have the other squishy Senrans? Is the color gradient on the squishy parts the only issue? I saw that picture of them together and they look pretty good. It'll be a decent investment so just wanted some opinions. Thanks.

I have all the squishes so far. They're fine. A little overpriced for the quality, but I find them to have the best likeness. I haven't noticed anything with regard to the different materials. It's pretty seamless on mine.

Basically, don't expect Alter or Max factory quality here, but it's still better than Griffon.

MFC has some risque images of some of them together and close up. Let me know if you can't find them.

Alfebit

Banned

Xseed get on this.

Alright thanks for the info guys. Katsu popped up on Ami for just under 8k in A quality so I'll pick her up. Hibari constantly shows up for ~7k. Asuka and Ikaruga will be the ones that hurt my wallet. This way I'll have a set of Hanzo in full uniform and a set of damaged Hanzo.

Also since there will be a squishy Yagyuu released it will be the only way to have a full set in the same line. Besides the chibi ones that is.

I have all the squishes so far. They're fine. A little overpriced for the quality, but I find them to have the best likeness. I haven't noticed anything with regard to the different materials. It's pretty seamless on mine.

Basically, don't expect Alter or Max factory quality here, but it's still better than Griffon.

MFC has some risque images of some of them together and close up. Let me know if you can't find them.

I also got the squishy Katsu and the materials also blend pretty seamlessly. I don't know if I was just lucky or what but the figure is pretty high quality and is a good companion to Phat's Katsu.

Also since there will be a squishy Yagyuu released it will be the only way to have a full set in the same line. Besides the chibi ones that is.

I believe the Yagyuu was cancelled since it was absent of Toy Works' booth at WonderFest this past weekend.

I believe the Yagyuu was cancelled since it was absent of Toy Works' booth at WonderFest this past weekend.

Being absent from Wonfest doesn't mean dead. It just means they might have wanted to focus on other figs. Do I believe 100% that it's coming out? No. Is there a good chance that it is canceled? Yes. I'll keep hope alive though damn it.

flohen95

Just got a mail from Marvelous Europe with the release date for SK2, which will be on the 27th of August. A bit later than I had initially hoped (would have been nice if it had been in time for my birthday), but seeing as there wasn't a release date until now, a month's wait is just fine.

Just got a mail from Marvelous Europe with the release date for SK2, which will be on the 27th of August. A bit later than I had initially hoped (would have been nice if it had been in time for my birthday), but seeing as there wasn't a release date until now, a month's wait is just fine.

FANTASTIC

American release date shouldn't be later than that.

c3EcYfx.jpg

I still can't see this pairing without thinking of Dai and Minori/Hibari. The hilarious part is that Hibari's VA is also the actor for blondie.

The anime site got an update and the profiles for the new characters have been added. There's also a schedule for the stream available and it seems Takaki will have a section focused on him at the 22:00 hrs

http://valkyriedrive.jp/anime/news/

EDIT:

For anyone wondering about SK2's DLC

Drazzan wrote:

Hello! We'll be going over our DLC plans and pricing etc in our UPDATE 5 which will be coming after Gamescom, (and will also include our Unboxing) likely around 20th August-ish!

Post Link: http://www.marvelousgames.com/forumIn/topic/general-discussion/page/10/#post-2876

Top Bottom