• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus |OT| Life Returns to Vita

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For some reason, I feel like doing the side-missions first, then the main story. Guess to just get those out of the way, considering there's only 5 per character, so it doesn't take that long (1/2 hour-ish?), plus makes each character get to about level 22-ish after doing them all.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The Official Illustration Collection is good all-in-one artbook, but most of the illustrations are exactly the same as the ones in the first 3 Official Perfect Bibles. Therefore it's OK to skip it IMO if you already have the latter.

It looks like the Official Illustration Collection is about the same size as the Perfect Bibles. Are the Perfect Bibles just filled with a lot of text/interviews/guides? I'm debating between them right now.

baconcow

just checked, the cheapest shipping costs $7 (I think yesterday it was $5, not sure if they increased the price or system error or something)

Good catch. I was thinking of their old shipping for a smaller game (like a single 3DS/Vita game). Might have to cough up for EB's overpriced tax. Luckily, Amazon did not charge me for priority. Odd I am still seeing DELIVERY ESTIMATE: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - Wednesday, October 22, 2014. I am nervous it will change, soon.

Eolz

Played a bit (near the end of Hanzo chapter 1 I think), and really liking it so far.
However, the camera lock is awful if you're not against a boss, the run animation is weirdly worse than Burst, and the parry is abit weird to use. Disappointed that you need to buy the story pics and music tracks as well :p

For the positive points, graphics are great, regular enemies don't have huge health bars, story is great, and gameplay is pretty good despite the camera problems.

Any advices on getting good mission rankings? Seems to rank differently than in Burst and I was pretty good there.
Also, I hope they put DLC and other stuff in the EU store soon.
I hope it's not like DOA5 where we get stuff weeks later because Sony EU is incompetent for some reason...

Nyoro SF

Played a bit (near the end of Hanzo chapter 1 I think), and really liking it so far.
However, the camera lock is awful if you're not against a boss, the run animation is weirdly worse than Burst, and the parry is abit weird to use. Disappointed that you need to buy the story pics and music tracks as well :p

For the positive points, graphics are great, regular enemies don't have huge health bars, story is great, and gameplay is pretty good despite the camera problems.

Any advices on getting good mission rankings? Seems to rank differently than in Burst and I was pretty good there.
Also, I hope they put DLC and other stuff in the EU store soon.
I hope it's not like DOA5 where we get stuff weeks later because Sony EU is incompetent for some reason...

Regarding items in the store. If you play through all four academy stories, you should have enough currency to buy almost everything except song tracks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Does this game have a lock on function? Hyrule Warriors has spoiled me.
Yup, press Up on the D-pad. I mainly use it on bosses.

SOOO close with the lottery. Just need 2 more & I'll have them all...though on the thought of customization, kind of surprised you can't mix & match the top & bottom of different lingerie.

Edit: ONE MORE.

Yup, press Up on the D-pad. I mainly use it on bosses.

SOOO close with the lottery. Just need 2 more & I'll have them all...though on the thought of customization, kind of surprised you can't mix & match the top & bottom of different lingerie.
At first I thought it was down on the d-pad. I was eating through my health bar so fast. Lol. "Why isn't it locking on!?"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
...........after I finished spending all of my money, it occurred to me that I probably should've just saved before doing the lottery, then loading my previous save so I could start over again with the funds I had previously.

pariah164

...........after I finished spending all of my money, it occurred to me that I probably should've just saved before doing the lottery, then loading my previous save so I could start over again with the funds I had previously.
Awww, muffin.

But glorious panties! Better than some of the crap Monokuma gives you in the Danganronpa games.

Nyoro SF

Oh the clothing unlocks are permanent across all saves?

Good catch. I was thinking of their old shipping for a smaller game (like a single 3DS/Vita game). Might have to cough up for EB's overpriced tax. Luckily, Amazon did not charge me for priority. Odd I am still seeing DELIVERY ESTIMATE: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - Wednesday, October 22, 2014. I am nervous it will change, soon.

Yea don't contact Amazon, they'll either cancel it straight up or change the delivery date to Dec to March. They totally screwed up this release.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not to mention at the very least, you get 20z back. I'll have to try again after completing a story mission or two.

I actually got rather lucky during the 7% to 3%. Those didn't take long to get.

Oh the clothing unlocks are permanent across all saves?
I'd assume so (well, just the one save file. Don't think it'd be across every single save file). It really isn't an issue until you have...I'd say 15-ish left to get. Just save before hand when you have a good amount of money, then if you felt like you spent a ton of money but didn't get anything, go out & load your save so your money's back to its original amount....at least, that's what I'm guessing, as that's what I did with Danganronpa.

Edit: WELL CRAP. The game automatically seems to save when you exit the store.

Edit 2: YES, got everything from the lottery.

pariah164

Not to mention at the very least, you get 20z back. I'll have to try again after completing a story mission or two.

I actually got rather lucky during the 7% to 3%. Those didn't take long to get.

I'd assume so (well, just the one save file. Don't think it'd be across every single save file). It really isn't an issue until you have...I'd say 15-ish left to get. Just save before hand when you have a good amount of money, then if you felt like you spent a ton of money but didn't get anything, go out & load your save so your money's back to its original amount....at least, that's what I'm guessing, as that's what I did with Danganronpa.

Edit: WELL CRAP. The game automatically seems to save when you exit the store.

Edit 2: YES, got everything from the lottery.
Congrats. I'm at like, 45 or so. My luck has not been so great. it doesn't help that I always tend to buy stuff from the store right after it unlocks.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Damn this game is legit hard.....on Easy mode! Also, where do you go to equip new techniques and moves? The Ninja Room menu is kinda clunky.

-Horizon-

Finally got my game delivered.
Came in a bubble mailer... surprisingly unharmed.

At least one of ours survived then, mine got seriously wrecked :'(

At least the stuff inside survived.

I have no one to blame but myself though, I should've known better after Amazon handled the Bravely Default box :(

baconcow

Damn this game is legit hard.....on Easy mode! Also, where do you go to equip new techniques and moves? The Ninja Room menu is kinda clunky.

Weird. PlayStation Lifestyle must be gaming gods. They said the game was too easy, even on hard and gave a crap rating.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You learn new combo moves by leveling up. You can see what levels you need to be at in order to learn a new combo. You'll learn a 3rd Secret Art technique, but that won't be until about the 4th chapter of each story.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Weird. PlayStation Lifestyle must be gaming gods. They said the game was too easy, even on hard and gave a crap rating.

I don't know why. The AI is extremely aggressive in this game and I usually have to fight pretty strategically to win.

You learn new combo moves by leveling up. You can see what levels you need to be at in order to learn a new combo. You'll learn a 3rd Secret Art technique, but that won't be until about the 4th chapter of each story.

Oh so where do you go to see the moves and combos? They mentioned it at the beginning of the game and I couldn't find it since.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. I just found them. -.-

Mine was in near perfect shape.

I wanted to read the artbook, but I felt like if I pulled the pages back enough to actually read it it was going to split in half. :/

I haven't played it yet though. Pesky work.

Hugstable

Banned
Yay just got my Physical Edition in the mail! Can't wait to start playing. Loving the quality of this Shinobi Syllabus so far, so much awesome stuff along with the art. I just expected art but we got descriptions, character profiles, and of course tons of life filled art. <3

Eolz

Well, it's easy to finish a mission, but hard to get a good ranking. Maybe this review didn't care about that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh......so Shiki is one of THOSE girls, judging by the dialogue. I'm guessing it's one of those cultural "translation" things, like how characters from a certain prefecture of Japan is translated to, say, someone from the south in the US.

FLD

Aww yiss! Got my shipping notice. Now I'm just waiting for tracking to update to find out whether it'll get here this week or not. Tomorrow seems unlikely (and I'll be at school all day anyway) but hopefully I can get it on friday.

Re-ordering from EBGames was the right call, it seems. Amazon.ca lost some major points on this one. I'll definitely think twice before pre-ordering with them from now on, at least when it comes to limited stuff. Now I'm kinda wondering if I should be worried about my Persona Q Premium Edition...

todd360

So umm can I play this without ever having played this series before? Will I be lost in the story? Is the story good? I would like a serving of plot with my plot.

Alfebit

Banned
Can someone else who's playing this on a PSTV give me a little help? I'm noticing some outfits and lingerie have multiple colors but I can't figure out how to switch them.

-Horizon-

Mine was in near perfect shape.

I wanted to read the artbook, but I felt like if I pulled the pages back enough to actually read it it was going to split in half. :/

I haven't played it yet though. Pesky work.

I put it in my Vita and watched the opening but now I'm writing an essay lol. So close yet so far.

Demoskinos

Can someone else who's playing this on a PSTV give me a little help? I'm noticing some outfits and lingerie have multiple colors but I can't figure out how to switch them.

I thought the "colors" thing was just there to show you what colors that lingerie was?

Top Bottom