• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus |OT| Life Returns to Vita

Hikami

Found out that this has a monster monpiece-esque rub thing you can do with the vita in the change room.

This game is something special.

*cough*
This game is great.
czhQdM2.jpg

Amazon.ca order estimate just changed from Oct. 21-22 to Oct. 20. Hmmm, maybe they have their copies in, now.
Don't get your hope up as the est date is automatically adjusted depending on your shipping type. Mine was priority and est date was Oct 20 before the game got released

Hikami

hmmm is there a list lol.
There's a lot of stuff you have to do.. its crazy how lewd this game is.
I probably missed something but this should be most of it.

Going to spoiler tag it in case people want to find out on their own.
You need to hear a voice cue from the character to know it worked.

using L/R for landscape view might make some of these easier
-Use the left and right sticks to get a close up of her face, chest, (panties-front and back) (might need to switch to the lingerie view for that). You will need to leave the camera close to the body part till you hear her say something. /says something for each one/
-While holding down X tilt the camera to catch a glimpse under her skirt. /says something/ (try front and back)
-Using the tilt again this time you need to tilt the camera under her skirt and then blow into the microphone. You will see the skirt move and then she will say something. /says something/ (hold home button and make sure mic isnt muted if it isnt working) (try front and back)
-Now you need to touch each of the body parts using the front touchscreen, each time you need to hear a response from her. Face, chest, back, (panties-front and back) /says something for each/
-Flip skirt up using touchpad /says something/ (try front and back)
-rub chest gently and hold/drag them using the touch screen /says something/
-Shake the vita to make breasts bounce /says things/
-Using two of your fingers, press both the front and back touchscreens in the same spot and make a stroking gesture. You will see blue circles to know you are doing it right and a combo counter will show up. Keep doing this over all the damageable body parts to destroy her clothing(chest/waist). /says something each time it breaks/

Can you even get this trophy on the PSTV? Since most of these require touch screen functions.

baconcow

Don't get your hope up as the est date is automatically adjusted depending on your shipping type. Mine was priority and est date was Oct 20 before the game got released

Mine was 21th-22th with priority yesterday (14th/early 15th) and 20th with priority, today (late 15th). Either way, still hoping.

Mik317

This game is a lot better than I expected. Just gameplay wise. I only bought it to support XSeed localizing niche games but...actually got a fun game out of it too.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
There's a lot of stuff you have to do.. its crazy how lewd this game is.
I probably missed something but this should be most of it.

Going to spoiler tag it in case people want to find out on their own.

Can you even get this trophy on the PSTV? Since most of these require touch screen functions.

The playstation tv emulates touch by utilizing R3 and L3.

bobohoro

This game is a lot better than I expected. Just gameplay wise. I only bought it to support XSeed localizing niche games but...actually got a fun game out of it too.

Yup, it's pretty serviceable gameplaywise. Only the camera is hella wonky. Lock-on makes it even worse. Are there any good tips out there to help improve the camera work? So far I am repositioning myself with R while fighting grunts, since I don't need precision with air raves there. With bosses I lock on, pretty much let got of the analog sticks and just neutral combo away, since R doesn't do anything then. I don't see where I am going, but lock-on at least makes sure I hit someone.

Playing Hanzo and character chapters actually seem harder than the school ones. But I can't seem to score higher than a D anyway. :D

But the game is far from easy. And if it ups the challenge later on like Burst, I can see myself dying a good amount of times.

EvilFiek

Neo Member
Playing Hanzo and character chapters actually seem harder than the school ones. But I can't seem to score higher than a D anyway. :D

I think the easiest way to get a good ranking is to switch to Frantic mode (R+Triangle) because it allows you to 1) deal far more damage and 2) chain the standard Square attacks infinitely. You should be good at dodging, though, since the damage you receive is amplified. But it will allow you to get rid of enemies far quicker and that's one of the most important parts in getting a good rating.

Also, another review in, this time from Germany: http://dailydpad.de/artikel/18149/s...test-fanservice-trifft-auf-großen-prügelspaß/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well I'll be damned, they gave Hibari a backstory & explained her weird eyes. It's a nice surprise to see how serious can get at times & at the very least attempt to give each character more depth than you'd think they'd go for in a series mainly focused on fanservice. Hopefully, considering we got more new characters this time around, we'll get more of this, especially since I heard one school has a much more serious tone.

yeah.

hmmm seems like there is some geometry war looking game with cheesecake senran kagura pics on android lol

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nhnent.SKSUMRAN

It's actually based on an old arcade game named Qix.
Or more specifically a series called Gals Panic.
Or more more specifically a doujin called Gal Pani X. <--- Play this game. It's really quite good and not as NSFW as Gals panic.

Basically it works like this. Each level is a silhouette and you draw lines to create blocks that will show the image. All the while there's something flying around trying to kill you (with bullets, lasers, or whatever). Not only do you die by making contact with something deadly, but you're also a goner if something breaks the line you're currently drawing.

Not sure it applies to this game but the best way to win is to destroy the thing trying to kill you by drawing a block around it. Doing this and NOT touching the silhouette will show the entire image and you get a huge bonus.

edit: Quasi-related but from that page I found out that Tengai (Sengoku Blade 2) is free on Android. Might as well give it a shot.

Just got the game today.

It seems like there is a lot of content to unlock.

Do you get anything for getting a high rank on missions?

Because I'm getting destroyed and getting D ranks.

If there isn't a trophy or anything unlockable then I'm not going to bother with it. Seems like far too much trouble.

I'm really liking the game aside from the unexpected difficulty.

Hugstable

Banned
Damn, Amazon sent my copy in a bubble mailer.

I wonder if they just do that randomly or something, I forgot to specify to have it in a box as well, but it still ended up coming in a box for me, which was perfect since it didn't get damaged. Hate when amazon sends stuff in bubble mailer, it messed up my Black Lagoon DVD set I bought once :(

Corgi

Banned
is there no way to play character missions on hard?

is there some setting that lets me to return to hideout after each mission instead of making them go back to back?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Press Left or Right while selecting a mission & it'll change the diff. to Hard or back to Normal. & I think you can exit out of a mission by pressing Start & selecting Abort.

Corgi

Banned
Press Left or Right while selecting a mission & it'll change the diff. to Hard or back to Normal. & I think you can exit out of a mission by pressing Start & selecting Abort.

yeah that worked for story missions, but doesn't seem to do anything for character ones for me.

oh well, its pretty fun 1 hit killing bosses lol

bobawesome

I specifically asked Amazon to ship the physical edition to me in a box and not a bubble mailer but lo and behold, a bubble mailer in my mailbox! My opinion of Amazon has sunk quite low in the past year. Here's hoping Animate USA doesn't somehow do the same next week.

Ogawa-san

Found out today that the lottery thing isn't anything like the Danganronpa machine... At 97/98 items your luck is down to 1%, and the highest it can get is about 6% since you can't put more than 9999 zeni at once on it.

Or you could buy that coin on PSN and have a 100% chance.

I didn't, so I spent an hour mashing X until I got it.

muteki

Mine came in a bubble envelope as well. Box contents were okay but the actual box itself was crushed pretty bad. Amazon has been getting cheap and lazy as of late. Time to leave horrible packaging feedback!

I'm in the early stages and find the difficulty to be unexpected also. I was expecting more Dynasty Warriors button mash as opposed to relying on real hardcore skill :)

Does the game get a bit easier as you level up? Is it just overall a challenging game?

Great looking game on the vita for sure.

Einbroch

Banned
Wow, this game is a lot better than I expected. I think it's the pace. Musou games are always so boring, but this one is quite fun.

Hikami

How exactly do you do an aerial rave?

Keep attacking (mashing /square/ works.) until they get launched. After that, /circle/ to dash towards them and then mash /square/ for a combo.

You'll know when an aerial rave is possible once you see a green flash + a specific sound cue once they get launched.

Only happens against bosses after both of you have transformed. Usually happens for me if I do an air juggle after launching them & try to combo into another one.

Pretty sure that's an aerial rave 'battle' or something like that, when you both try to aerial rave each other.

Top Bottom