• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus |OT| Wrap your Hometown in Happy Boobs

Ken

Publisher: Marvelous AQL
Developer: Tamsoft Coroporation
Rating: CERO: D
Platform: PlayStation Vita
Release Date: February 28, 2013 (Japan)
Editions: Regular (6,980 JPY) and Limited Edition NyuNyu DX Pack(10,810 JPY)

Official Site (Japanese)

About
Shinovi Versus is the third video game entry in the Senran Kagura series, and the first off the 3DS. Abandoning the 2D side scrolling of the 3DS games, Shinovi Versus is a
3D action brawler similar to Dynasty Warriors where the player picks a character and fights a large number of enemies on a 3D map. The story revolves around 4 schools of
5 playable kunoichi each, with some acting as boss characters in the arcade mode.

The game is basically Dynasty Warriors with costume damage.

Features
  • An original story accompanied by side stories for each of the twenty playable kunoichi.
  • A first for the series is online competitive and cooperative multiplayer through Wi-Fi and ad-hoc, supporting up to 4 players.
  • Multiplayer modes include regular deathmatch, Strip Fight ("players battle to shred each other's clothes"), and Panty Struggle ("panties fall from the sky and players scramble to catch them").
  • Customize your characters with a variety of costumes and accessories.
  • 20 ranks of underwear to collect through the in-game lottery.
  • Trophies.

Cast

Media

First Trailer
Animated Opening
Single Player Gameplay 1
Single Player Gameplay 2
Versus Gameplay 1
Versus Gameplay 2

F.A.Q.

Import Friendly?
  • Aside from not being able to follow the character dialogue or story, the actual game play is simple enough to grasp without any knowledge of Japanese.
Region free?
  • Yes, the Vita is region free so you will be able to play this on your North American Vita without any problems. However, to obtain DLC for this game you will need a Japanese PSN account.
DLC? That should have been in the game!?!?
  • At the moment, the only known DLC is for premium coins in the lottery that guarantees a non-duplicate item. You can still play the lottery and obtain the same items with coins earned in game however.
Can I play online with a non-Japanese PSN account? Is there an online pass?
  • Looks like there's an online pass so you will need to have a Japanese PSN account to play online.

Helpful Resources

For more in depth information about the game come check out our board for it at the Senran International Academy. We're a fan community for the Senran Kagura series working to support the localization of the games and on raising international awareness for the series.

Hopefully some of you have heard of us through our activity in Oprainfall and our other community outlets. If you're interested in supporting us or just want a place to discuss the series, please check us out here:

http://www.senran-international.boards.net/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Senran-International-Academy/269180386535793

https://twitter.com/SenranInterAcad

http://kagura.wikia.com/wiki/Kagurapedia

I also put together a quick buyer's guide for those interested in importing it.

GameFAQs Wiki

chrono01

3p5xZvg.gif

Thank you for this. My LE copy should [hopefully] ship in the next day or two.

I wish they would do this game like they did One Piece Pirate Warriors. If they believe that it won't sell all that much then just put it with english subtitles and put it only on PSN. I know it sounds messed up to ask for a PSN only game but I'd take any kind of localization at this point rather then no localization at all.

I would love to import this game myself but I don't have the money for it at the moment because I'm saving up for a 3DSXL.

Still waiting for amiami to ask for my money.
I as well!

Katsuragi squeezing Asuka's Breasts.gif

unless you want one of the other million

I'm guessing I'd be a fool to wait for localisation? :(
Very likely!

I wish they would do this game like they did One Piece Pirate Warriors. If they believe that it won't sell all that much then just put it with english subtitles and put it only on PSN. I know it sounds messed up to ask for a PSN only game but I'd take any kind of localization at this point rather then no localization at all.

I would love to import this game myself but I don't have the money for it at the moment because I'm saving up for a 3DSXL.
I think if it ever did get localized, it would be sub-only. And it's not totally messed up to ask for a PSN-only game, the Vita has plenty of those.

But I think people find the contents of Senran Kagura pretty offensive, and it'd be really hard to sell a super niche game on an already niche console.

I'm guessing I'd be a fool to wait for localisation? :(
I dunno. If it sells well, I would imagine someone gives a digital release a shot, even if it isn't one of the usual suspects. Valcon Games for example, tried their hand at bringing over the similar PS2 Ikki Tousen game, but gave up when it got an M rating. I would imagine that had a digital release been an option back then, that would have been less of an issue.

dreamfall

Welp, it says it is processing from Play Asia- hopefully to be here a couple days after the 28th stateside. Didn't really think this would have the hope of localization, so I'm hoping we can get a bit of fan translation.

That being said, the recent gameplay videos pretty much sold me- it looks like a fun brawler! Missed the opportunity on getting the CE, which I kind of regret.

CrovaxPSO

My order from Amazon.co.jp shipped to Tenso, I really hope I get the art book and CD. I'll know when I get the shipping estimate from them based on the weight.

Kyon

Banned
I as well!

unless you want one of the other million

Very likely!

I think if it ever did get localized, it would be sub-only. And it's not totally messed up to ask for a PSN-only game, the Vita has plenty of those.

But I think people find the contents of Senran Kagura pretty offensive, and it'd be really hard to sell a super niche game on an already niche console.

The one in episode 1 when they are in the changing room I believe and Katsuragi puts her hands up Asuka's shirt and pinches her nipples lmao

Ken

Does Japanese online pass work on US account?

Not that I'm aware of since you still need to access the PSN store to "download" it, IIRC.

I recall someone having problems redeeming a HSG EU online pass on a NA account awhile ago.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Has it been confirmed that there is an online pass? That would suck ass, considering I don't have any intention of getting another memory card for one game.

crinale

I don't think this has one, does it?

IIRC it does have one. Well there seems to be no online related trophies.
By looking at the trailer online multiplayer actually looks kinda fun, but no one in Japan has tried it yet.

Edit: Online pass seems to be strictly multiplayer only thing.
(I don't know the case that online pass locked out single player experience in the past, but just in case if you're anxious..)

AmiAmi just refuses to take my money!

what shipment does everyone use,how long does it usually take, and average USD shipping cost?

I see playasia got it for 80$ with free shipping so hopefully the costs arent too high at amiami

Yeah, online pass would be a huge bummer. I hope it doesn't have one...

But in happier news! Hebi is the only school locked at the start, BUT! There's a code you can input to unlock them immediately. I don't want to link to it because it might be a scan lol, but it's on Senran Internation Academy; the thread is a bit NSFW with shots and such. We got secrets!
maybe there's a code that unlocks daidouji r-right fellas

Jawmuncher

I'll more than likely be buying this, though i'm going to wait on the translated menu screens so I at least know where im going.

Ken

AmiAmi just refuses to take my money!

what shipment does everyone use,how long does it usually take, and average USD shipping cost?

I see playasia got it for 80$ with free shipping so hopefully the costs arent too high at amiami

With EMS shipping AmiAmi usually ends up being around $80 anyways. Takes half a week to a week shipping to CA IIRC.

Kyon

Banned
omg he just unlocked a maxipad *__________________________________* next thing you know a tampon will appear

EDIT: Oh thats a panty

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Looks so gdlk. Hurry up and take my money AmiAmi (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Just waiting on my copy shipping, hoping I might have it by the weekend. Nice to see this OP go up too btw, and hopefully with Vita being region free, those curious about the 3DS games can give the series a go :)

Top Bottom