• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus |OT| Wrap your Hometown in Happy Boobs

mothball

Ugh, my LE order was ready yesterday but I can't actually pay for it until my tax refund is in.

...I'm so financially irresponsible.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Damn it, my old card on amiami was old so now I have to resubmit the order for paypal, now I must wait for them to resubmit me an invoice :(

Just completed payment.
This is only my second ever import (first was the Ico Collection LE). The cost sucks and I have no idea what I'm getting myself into, but I look forward to playing this insane piece of software.

Paid right now. First time I import a japanese game at launch. My wallet hurts, but it'll be worth it. ;_;

...I hope the brazillian customs don't overtax it.

Where do you live here?

I live in Curitiba and usually the customs here are very laxed when it comes to packages coming from Japan. I do not know if it the lacks of a value declaration in dollars (all amiami packages comes with invoice in english, but values in yens) and they are lazy to convert or the fact that there is a huge Japanese community here (so lots of packages arrives from Japan). I usually get a monthly package from amiami, and the only time I was taxed (with the wrong value actually, they undertaxed it) was last December (do not know if it was because a special operation for Xmas or not). Basically I received amiami packages very fast (max 3 weeks using SAL) and no tax at all. But if I order something from HK (like from Play-Asia) I am always taxed. But it will depends on your city and which customs departmart the package pass through.

Yeah ... i'm ready .. but my copy still hasn't been shipped yet.

The trophy list seems quite normal at first glance.

-Complete storylines
-Complete missions
-10 aerial chain combos ?
-100 perfect guard
-Complete all the tutorials
-1000 costumes destroyed
-10000 ennemies defeated
-Purchase all costumes

and so on

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
This game looks eerily similar to Sengoku Basara 3. Even the characters fighting styles appear to be based upon different SB3 characters. Doesn't look as fun as SB3, but this is pretty good quality for a portable musou game.

I never had any interest in the 3DS games, but this one looks kind of fun.

crinale

This game looks eerily similar to Sengoku Basara 3. Even the characters fighting styles appear to be based upon differently SB3 characters. Doesn't look as fun as SB3, but this is pretty good quality for a portable musou game.

I never had any interest in the 3DS games, but this one looks kind of fun.

Kinda surprised to see someone actually notice that. I agree that some characters (including weapons and moves) are definitely based upon SB series. I think some of the similarities are very intentional :)

StayDead

Just sending my payment now.

Borrowing my Dad's vita to get this played. Can I just sign in to my Japanese PSN account on his vita or am I going to have to do some stuff to get it to work?

Borrowing my Dad's vita to get this played. Can I just sign in to my Japanese PSN account on his vita or am I going to have to do some stuff to get it to work?

if you getting cart you should be able to just slap it in.

if you going digital theres a few steps that im not 100% sure on but goes along the lines of either 2 memory cards or the formatting of 1....and changing the vita location to japan.

So I'm hearing reports that Daidouji isn't playable. That leaves me... really disappointed. :/

You can follow my helpful guide if you want to switch to your account! Be warned that it's recommended that you have more than 1 memory stick.

But you should be able to play it on your Dad's account, if you'd like.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Your fault for opening the thread at work when it has that title. You knew what to expect!

Payment sent.
Hope to have this soon. If the turnaround on shipping is like it was for my Demon Gaze + MonMon order, should get here over the weekend or this upcoming Monday.

StayDead

So I'm hearing reports that Daidouji isn't playable. That leaves me... really disappointed. :/

You can follow my helpful guide if you want to switch to your account! Be warned that it's recommended that you have more than 1 memory stick.

I guess I'll just play it on my Dad's account. Probably be easier until I eventually get a vita.

Torraz

Hope to have it next Wednesday or so. In the past amiami packages have been stuck at customs for around 2.5 days...

web01

Oh man this game is too lewd and so is the promotional advertising on the nico nico live stream. They are literally cutting the clothes off models.

I'm so jealous of everyone who's importing this game right now (Especially the guy getting Tales of Hearts R). By the time I have enough money for it, it'll be like June when everyone's got their full of it. I swear if this game gets localized by June (wishful thinking) when I can get it, I'll eat my own hat in happiness.

Torraz

Regarding your vita guide, is it possible to save your bubble-placement/system settings/wifi key etc. if you use a second memory stick?

I really loved playing as Rin, but Daidouji-senpai just seemed like a complete tank to control. I couldn't get on with her. T_T
I know she was so slow, but I can't help but be sad! I was planning on having her by my second most played character. ):
3tRyscj.jpg

Regarding your vita guide, is it possible to save your bubble-placement/system settings/wifi key etc. if you use a second memory stick?
Not that I believe, no. When you take out your memory stick, the bubble placement resets and messes everything up. The systme settings and wifi key are still there UNTIL you Restore the system to switch accounts. Then everything should be set back to default and you'd need to redo everything.

Tiu Neo

Where do you live here?

I live in Curitiba and usually the customs here are very laxed when it comes to packages coming from Japan. I do not know if it the lacks of a value declaration in dollars (all amiami packages comes with invoice in english, but values in yens) and they are lazy to convert or the fact that there is a huge Japanese community here (so lots of packages arrives from Japan). I usually get a monthly package from amiami, and the only time I was taxed (with the wrong value actually, they undertaxed it) was last December (do not know if it was because a special operation for Xmas or not). Basically I received amiami packages very fast (max 3 weeks using SAL) and no tax at all. But if I order something from HK (like from Play-Asia) I am always taxed. But it will depends on your city and which customs departmart the package pass through.

I'm from Curitiba too, but I have rotten luck with the customs. I hope I can get lucky this time. D: It MAY be because I always use shipping methods with tracking.

Kyon

Banned
nice, i've never ordered/heard of them before.

are they any good?

the only sites i've used to order import games is from play-asia and amazon

yes! they been around since 2000! I stopped using them in 03 cause i started getting more allowance money but yes they are one if not the BEST and cheapest place to import. I swear by it.
Everyone who doesnt want to spend $80+ like i do on a bi-weekly basis importing gamesshould use this site or ebay

Also: They are way cheap mostly because Asia versions are what are being sold. The JP versions will always be more expensive.
Also for those who arent fluent in JP some of the HK versions have English voice/text.

yes! they been around since 2000! I stopped using them in 03 cause i started getting more allowance money but yes they are one if not the BEST and cheapest place to import. I swear by it.
Everyone who doesnt want to spend $80+ like i do on a bi-weekly basis importing gamesshould use this site or ebay

Also: They are way cheap mostly because Asia versions are what are being sold. The JP versions will always be more expensive.
Also for those who arent fluent in JP some of the HK versions have English voice/text.

shipping to the states is like 30 bucks :(

play-asia's shipping is only 5 bucks

so both sites come out to be the same price. guess i'll wait till my tax return comes in...

Fusebox

Banned
Am I crazy for cancelling my Ninja Gaiden preorder and getting this instead?

Gaiden is getting some bad reviews in the Vita thread but the positive Famitsu review of Senran makes me think this is the safer bet.

Ken

Gaiden is getting some bad reviews in the Vita thread but the positive Famitsu review of Senran makes me think this is the safer bet.

Sigma 2+ isn't super bad IMO, but if I could I would return it. Paying $40 for a barely decent port seems like a rip off.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu

You made the right choice. The port seems kinda bad.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
shipping to the states is like 30 bucks :(

play-asia's shipping is only 5 bucks

so both sites come out to be the same price. guess i'll wait till my tax return comes in...
You can change the shipping speed, it selects DHL by default, the most expensive courier service. EMS is around $20 and Airmail is $5 to the US.

I'm from Curitiba too, but I have rotten luck with the customs. I hope I can get lucky this time. D: It MAY be because I always use shipping methods with tracking.

Never use tracking, tracking implies that customs should check the package. I always use SAL. Takes longer, but you pay less.

crinale

So it looks like online pass exists. Again it should not do anything with single player I guess...

This is how online pass should look like. You actually have to look at the back side of cover sheet.
In Japan there was a fiasco that people have purchased could never find the online pass.

So it looks like online pass exists. Again it should not do anything with single player I guess...

This is how online pass should look like. You actually have to look at the back side of cover sheet.
In Japan there was a fiasco that people have purchased could never find the online pass.

jeez...me trying to put that in will be a game in itself

Top Bottom