• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus |OT| Wrap your Hometown in Happy Boobs

New patch is up! Along with DLC, I believe. Daidouji, Suzune, and maybe outfits.

EDIT: Although the package deal isn't up, Daidouji + Suzune for 1000 yen. ):

crinale

At 1.02 it looks like you can rip all cloths at the closet, but will be kicked out of it right after that. How hilarious :D

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
so if I wanted to import this...would I need to delete my info or is the Vita only region locked for the PSN store?

Vita isn't region-locked at all, so you can play the cart without a problem and download game updates. But if you wanted to play the game's versus mode online or buy DLC, you would need to use a Japanese account. Only one account can be used per memory card.

How import friendly is this? I know no japanese. The last import I played was either one of the Bleach the Soul games or Jump Superstars.

I enjoyed both of those with faqs.

Lyte Edge

How import friendly is this? I know no japanese. The last import I played was either one of the Bleach the Soul games or Jump Superstars.

I enjoyed both of those with faqs.

There's very little English, but you should be fine. The menus and game play basics have also been translated here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/684062...i-versus-shoujotachi-no/wiki/1-1-game-screens

When you're playing the game, this is the main menu screen that you'd be using:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/cfaq/62/684062-2.jpg

It's all pretty straight-forward.

Lyte Edge

Got the character DLC and a few DLC outfits.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this, but the "DLC" is just unlock keys for on-the-cart content.

Since I'm now playing on my Japanese account, I have to start over again, but somehow I don't really mind, LOL.

Kysen

Rin is totally overpowered, her dash is a teleport and her lvl 2 super has huge range. Adding in her charged attack (triangle) as long as you are locked onto someone its free damage.

OmegaZero

Ok then. Will look into importing this soon.

What's the difference between the Asian Version and Japanese Version?

IIRC, there's no difference outside the fact that the DLC/online is region specific.
So if you get the Asian version, you don't get to download and use DLC for the JP version.

Lyte Edge

IIRC, there's no difference outside the fact that the DLC/online is region specific.
So if you get the Asian version, you don't get to download and use DLC for the JP version.

The Asian version should be able to share the Japanese version DLC unless specifically stated that it is for HK/Chinese territories and has Chinese language.

Got the character DLC and a few DLC outfits.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this, but the "DLC" is just unlock keys for on-the-cart content.

Since I'm now playing on my Japanese account, I have to start over again, but somehow I don't really mind, LOL.

i think you've got the dlc data with the patch

Lyte Edge

Account switching is just annoying enough that I don't think I'm going to be doing it very often. I think I'm just going to play the two DLC characters' levels over the weekend and then switch back to playing the game on my U.S. account again. Online was completely dead so I didn't get a chance to try it.

i think you've got the dlc data with the patch

Didn't think about that, yeah. Although the original DLC stuff was available from day one. It goes without saying that this stuff was purposefully left out to generate more revenue like everyone else does.

OmegaZero

The Asian version should be able to share the Japanese version DLC unless specifically stated that it is for HK/Chinese territories and has Chinese language.

Ah, thanks for the catch.

EDIT: Gah, how long is it going to take for Play Asia to process my payment? :/
I bought a digital PSN code for the DLC, but it hasn't "shipped" yet.

Anyone got a decent place to get the "please stop! " trophy ?

( the one where you have to lose all your clothes ) Any good battle to try this on ?

crinale

Anyone got a decent place to get the "please stop! " trophy ?

( the one where you have to lose all your clothes ) Any good battle to try this on ?

1. At the final battle of any school missions (end of chapter 5), the boss will use lv.5 Ninpo when cornered. However, it looks like the game honestly track the super gauge of CPU character, so if she never has 5 Ninpo gauges then you are out of luck.
Be sure to have yourself low on health also (just keep doing limit break) so you get defeated by the Ninpo. Don't forget to let opponent tear off your cloth to underwear level beforehand as well (or go to Yin mode).

2. Make your friend buy the game and go online with him. Then have him rip off cloth off your character :D

Dat trailer - when the ninja girl with the huge shuriken things spinning in each hand .... those physics on her..assets.. my mind.... @_@ I DON'T EVEN

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
How much was shipping? I'm considering play-asia or yesasia.

Edit: Just noticed free shipping on play-asia..

If you're looking for the cheapest option, amiami is your best solution. The cheapest shipping is 440 yen, and if you're ordering from america the exchange rate right now is pretty good.

hitmon

If you're looking for the cheapest option, amiami is your best solution. The cheapest shipping is 440 yen, and if you're ordering from america the exchange rate right now is pretty good.

Thanks for the tip! This is tempting. Think there is a possibility of an Asian version getting English subtitles in the future?

OmegaZero

1. prepare for the coming DLC (no detail yet)
2. You can now crush their underware in changing room (but it will fade away afterwards)

I read that the underwear destruction thing is locked initially. I don't know what you have to do to unlock it.

Thanks for the tip! This is tempting. Think there is a possibility of an Asian version getting English subtitles in the future?

GameFAQs has a translation of most of the menus and someone is currently translating the story.

OmegaZero

Tried it this morning. The game is a ton of fun so far and deeper then I initially thought (e.g. Flash, Light, and Shadow modes have different combos). Reminds me of Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce but better.

Daidouji is a badass. Dat charged triangle just destroys clothing.
Haven't had the chance to try Rin or Hikage, since they're locked from the start. :(

The music is also better then I was expecting.

OmegaZero

Thanks .. Nothing specific , just some screens.
Is there a solo campaign for her , btw ?

Sure, I'll take some and edit them into this post.

Rin and Daidouji both have their own stories, with voice acting and an ending pic.

EDIT: DLC pic time:
Goj6klW.jpg
WNSzNaZ.jpg

S0FZsN3.jpg
hDnmaXO.jpg

d7e1aIX.jpg
hrdzEpG.jpg

1wiMtWa.jpg
Gc9o03U.jpg

tGJEuXL.jpg
VCz53a1.jpg

RDDj23o.jpg
0tNElk6.jpg

Yes, I used the code to unlock the Homura Crimson group but I didn't save so I can unlock it for realsies. :b

dhlt25

quick question. I plan to import this and already have a japanese PSN account. How do I purchase the DLC? can I use american credit card or I need a japanese one? if so is there a place you guys can point me to to get a japanese psn card?

Thanks

OmegaZero

quick question. I plan to import this and already have a japanese PSN account. How do I purchase the DLC? can I use american credit card or I need a japanese one? if so is there a place you guys can point me to to get a japanese psn card?

Thanks

You'll need a Japanese one.
Japan Codes or Play-Asia are nice places to get a JP PSN card in my limited experience.

hitmon

I may have lucked out and gotten the last copy at amiami. It was in stock before I put my order in and now its sold out. Won't know for sure until they send me the total price with shipping.. With this being the JP version, can I order the DLC off the HK store or do I need to get it from the JP store?

OmegaZero

I really don't want to go through the hassle of getting Japanese DLC but @_@

Rin is pretty badass. She dashes so fast that she basically teleports and her combos involve her using those blades on her hands and feet. (more pics incoming)

If you lock on to an opponent, her charged triangle attack teleports her next to the opponent for a series of attacks that knock the opponent into the air and then the ground, causing a bounce that she can follow up with an aerial combo.

Daidouji blocks by crossing her arms. She just gives no fucks.

Lyte Edge

I really don't want to go through the hassle of getting Japanese DLC but @_@

I got this DLC and after messing around with both characters, went right back to my U.S. account. It's not worth the hassle. Maybe if they add more...

hitmon

Finally got shipping notice. I hope EMS is fast considering it was the most expensive shipping option possible. Now the wait begins.

OmegaZero

Okay, unlocked the 4th school for realsies.
Chapter 4 is amazing.
"Hikage-chan peace!"

Tried multiplayer and got destroyed.

hitmon

Finally got my copy the other day. Am I the only one having problems with beating I think Miyabi in story mode for the snake group (with the 5th recruit)? She goes super and its all over for me.

Any tips on playing? Is the best option to just run away when the AI boss goes into their supermode? The camera doesn't really help when the enemy is in the air. The camera doesn't seem to "lock on" the enemy that is supposed to be "locked on".

Top Bottom