• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus |OT| Wrap your Hometown in Happy Boobs

kiryogi

Banned
This game can get difficult when playing as some characters. The main character in each story, not so much, but I have a whole lot of trouble playing as Yagyuu and Ryouna during the later stages.

I'm with you there.

Ya Hibari sucks. In every single game. I know there's her appeal, but christ in terms of actual practical playability she's one of the worst characters to use.

Tiu Neo

Got mine yesterday. GOTY candidate.

Now I just have to learn how to do anything that isn't pressing square to hit the enemy.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
When are the level 3 supers unlocked? I still don't have them yet and I'm almost done with one of the schools.

When are the level 3 supers unlocked? I still don't have them yet and I'm almost done with one of the schools.

lvl 25 i believe (youll get a green scroll after you win a match letting you know)

To activate it you must be <25% health (your life bar will be pink)

It depends on the character, too. I know I unlocked Yagyuu's in chapter 4 and she's level 30, but I'm not able to use it for some reason. Hibari's a lower level than 25, so let me try her's out.

EDIT: Not able to use Hibari's, either.

crinale

Lv.3 Ninpo is unlocked at chapter 4, but will be available at online from the first place.
To use it you have to 5 ninpo gauges in stock plus 20% on health or lower.

hum hibari , can you be more useless ?i don't like :

-her ninpo ( lv 1 & 2 )
-her attack strings.
-her default custom outflit ( i quickly changed that )

i do like
- her attitude ( especially when she cries )

Any good tips for hibari , i feel like i've missed something with her .
Smashing square with her feel unrewarding

Lyte Edge

I like Hibari's character. She's fun to use IMO. You can abuse the hell out of her butt stomp (jump and [][][][][][]~) since she'll keep doing it over and over again, bouncing off the ground. All the grunts will be taken out fast. Regular characters won't fall for this but her L+/\ super is a giant butt stomp that dizzies opponents. Out of that school's characters, I've been able to easily clear her stages the quickest.

Are you just button mashing on everything? This is an easy musou game so I guess that will work, but it's more rewarding and faster to learn how to juggle/follow-up on combos and do counters.

Her butt stomp is not infinite ..after a while she lies down on the floor for some seconds .. or am i missing something ?

i do enjoy aerial follow-ups with circle but i dislike how her attack string is .. ..it's not appealing.

By counters , do you mean "parries" ? ( R at the right time ) ? Haven't nailed the timing for those yet.

crinale

Hibari's lv.2 Ninpo is one-hit move so that it doesn't allow enemy to transform in to ninja form. Reduce boss's health to like 60-70%, purge your cloth (goto Yin mode), then do lv.2 butt stomp and you can finish the mission easily.
(Multiple-hit type ninpo allows bosses to use limit break and transform to Ninja form, so one-hit move is one of few Hibari's advantages).

Hibari's lv.2 Ninpo is one-hit move so that it doesn't allow enemy to transform in to ninja form. Reduce boss's health to like 60-70%, purge your cloth (goto Yin mode), then do lv.2 butt stomp and you can finish the mission easily.
(Multiple-hit type ninpo allows bosses to use limit break and transform to Ninja form, so one-hit move is one of few Hibari's advantages).

i see .
As i thought i was playing hibari wrong ..will try this ...

Jawmuncher

So was wondering is there any US sellers?
As in import stores that have it currently in the US? Only one I have found is the one NY on amazon.

Though I might just go with the 70 dollar seller I found on eBay. Though that's still a import from the east.

Lyte Edge

So was wondering is there any US sellers?
As in import stores that have it currently in the US? Only one I have found is the one NY on amazon.

Though I might just go with the 70 dollar seller I found on eBay. Though that's still a import from the east.

You can try www.ncsx.com. They're out of NYC. It's still not going to be any cheaper though- they sell the game for $95.

Buy the game from a HK store like Play-Asia.

RMI

Banned
this game is on my radar... will probably import eventually. Good to hear it comes with a printed manual. I hate that those are going away.

kiryogi

Banned
I love Harada <3

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/311686004933275648

Translation:
"Please teach me a way for a 40 year old man to buy Senran Kagura at the store without looking like a huge loser. My Vita is already charging."

OMFG I LOVE HARADA.

Now while I hate Hibari, she's the first one I was able to actually get a bra to get torn off of her rival. . . But now how do you go about getting everything torn. It seems like a delicate process!

I love Harada <3

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/311686004933275648

Translation:
"Please teach me a way for a 40 year old man to buy Senran Kagura at the store without looking like a huge loser. My Vita is already charging."
lol Harada is great

Now while I hate Hibari, she's the first one I was able to actually get a bra to get torn off of her rival. . . But now how do you go about getting everything torn. It seems like a delicate process!
If they're close to having everything ripped off(only bra/panties/whatever on), then your supers will do that, make sure you KO them with it!

Level 1 super tears off their bra, level 2 tears off their panties, and level 3 will tear both off.

Why does this show "PS3" and PS Vita" in the trophy list as the formats for the game?
I don't think there is one planned. EX Troopers trophy list does the same thing (PS3 game) and there is no Vita version in sight (even though it was also released on 3DS).

I hope there is no PS3 version coming, the Vita needs these solid exclusives. Having PS3 ports of Vita games tarnishes the value of the product in my opinion.
And for the people that do hope for PS3 ports to happen...instead hope for the rumored new

And they just temporarily pulled avatars, right? The DLC is all still there? Not sure if the DLC is necessary for Platinum and/or additional trophies.

Why does this show "PS3" and PS Vita" in the trophy list as the formats for the game?
I don't think there is one planned. EX Troopers trophy list does the same thing (PS3 game) and there is no Vita version in sight (even though it was also released on 3DS).

I hope there is no PS3 version coming, the Vita needs these solid exclusives. Having PS3 ports of Vita games tarnishes the value of the product in my opinion.
And for the people that do hope for PS3 ports to happen...instead hope for the rumored new

And they just temporarily pulled avatars, right? The DLC is all still there? Not sure if the DLC is necessary for Platinum and/or additional trophies.

the ps3 part on trophy list did/is getting patched out...no plans that im aware of it getting a release.

you will need a JP account to get patch and even then it will still show on US accts i believe.

dlc not needed for platinum but not sure if it will add trophies dropping your percentage.

Rofl i want to post pics of the awesome moments of this game but most of my pics are NFSW...

Dat feelign when you can't post the awesome because of "life and hometown".

The dialog in this game is funny as possible.

crinale

Rofl i want to post pics of the awesome moments of this game but most of my pics are NFSW...

It's really a bummer that this game has very little chance to be localized (3DS version as well).
The dialog and story are somewhat interesting, and they are funny also.

Fusebox

Banned

Noooo! Don't tell me that! Tell me the story and dialogue is terrible and I'm not missing out on anything because of my inability to read Japanese! :p

Noooo! Don't tell me that! Tell me the story and dialogue is terrible and I'm not missing out on anything because of my inability to read Japanese! :p

But murakumo shyness is so over the top i love it.

And yagyu birthday party for hibari is just superb.

katsuragi search for a "new world" was just ... so beautifully stupid.

and and .... and this is only the beginning.

The fact that they bothered to reintroduce the main heroine pasts with some light but quick dialog is even better.

For a thread that's supposed to be about a game with copious amounts of boobs there's definitely a strange lack of it. Thread's been disappointingly SFW in the last couple of pages lol.

Also, why did you have mutilate your fantastic avatar, The Grim Heaper? Did PC Gaf get to you? There's no more "life" to it anymore. :(

Ken

For a thread that's supposed to be about a game with copious amounts of boobs there's definitely a strange lack of it. Thread's been disappointingly SFW in the last couple of pages lol.

Made the OT pretty tame intentionally to avoid it getting set on fire or become loli thread part 2. D:

crinale

At Japan it seems to be only first few days people tried to take NSFW shots.
Now people are either discussing rather seriously about multiplayer or trying to decorate Mobile Suite Yozakura Gundam :D

s8rzWb6.jpg

Daidouji! <3

I came for the life and home town and i stayed for the sheer amount of fun.... and the silly characters.

2013-03-09-195730.jpg

I didn't manage to play this in public but i managed to play this kind of game with my familly nearby ... thank god they don't understand a thing with the voices
2013-03-13-230036.jpg

Can you believe that she didn't lose but her phone rang ..that's obviously why she needs to go. NOt because i just destroyed her.

Dialog is excellent.
Story could use more work but it's still fun. Voice work is unmatched.
Game overall is very easy. Awakening mode is much better than i would have thought at first and the downside is not that severe.. in practice you're suposed to cast off your defense to get a offensive boost but i don't see that much of a difference in term of defensive hability.

Nearly managed to reach 1000 hits combo without trying for it much i stopped at 956.. getting 1000 seems easy ( was using asuka ) Not worried.

Individual stories are very funny .. they either go all out on the sillyness or they ..... go all out on the sillyness.
"Do we really need to go crashing the places of everyone if you're looking at some new flavor for your sushi rolls , asuka ?" i mean...

Still if the result is this :

Then i won't complain.

It's almost time for me to go check the other schools in more depth ... WAouh

Lyte Edge

Would you mind removing the tags? Some of us are at work.

EDIT: Never mind, I see there's worse stuff on the first page, lol.

Would you mind removing the tags? Some of us are at work.[/QUOTE]

Not that i mind but have you seen the previous pages ? If what was posted before was ok i don't see what's the problem with my post , really.

Not that i don't understand that you're at work , but this is a sengan kagura thread, am i right ?

Lyte Edge

Well if that doesn't call for an avatar quote I don't know what does.

Avatars are smaller than screenshots.

Not that i mind but have you seen the previous pages ? If what was posted before was ok i don't see what's the problem with my post , really.

Not that i don't understand that you're at work , but this is a sengan kagura thread, am i right ?

I guess the edit I did didn't show up quickly enough, lol.

Although I also don't see "NSFW" listed anywhere in the thread description.

Lyte Edge

Speaking of NSFW, I couldn't believe they had a bath dialogue scene with all the characters completely nude. Glad I wasn't playing that part at work!

Top Bottom