• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus |OT| Wrap your Hometown in Happy Boobs

Got the patch and made a 2 hour session...

You can stay longer in the victory pose now ( offline )

Spamming Ninpo LV 2 is still possible (didn't see a real difference)

Dash is now really not invincible anymore ( you can't use it as a get out of jail free card ) so well you can be spammed to death if your opponent put pressure on you ( very weird ) that is if you don't use "down" of course.

Game is still awesome

Staplefrog

Neo Member
After two weeks of shipment time from Hong Kong to Massachusetts, I finally got this game yesterday. So far, it seems to have been worth the wait. I like how the unlock system works for characters. Three of the four schools are available from the start, but not all characters within them. It gives the player something (or several things) to work towards. Every character seems very fun to play even if none are all that complex.
How do I know if I have the new patch? Does it install itself?

After two weeks of shipment time from Hong Kong to Massachusetts, I finally got this game yesterday. So far, it seems to have been worth the wait. I like how the unlock system works for characters. Three of the four schools are available from the start, but not all characters within them. It gives the player something (or several things) to work towards. Every character seems very fun to play even if none are all that complex.
How do I know if I have the new patch? Does it install itself?

Touch on the refresh button on the top of the liveboard page after you've used the main bubble. It will refresh the VITA live board and give you a new option on the left . Use that and you'll get the patch to download.

Once the patch is downloaded, it'll install by itself once you start the game..

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Loving this game so far, finally got it yesterday (with the pre-order bonus woot) and I have a bunch of questions for you veteran players out there.

I'm mainly confused about the three forms. I know how to change into the other two, but is there a strategic way in transforming? Like I noticed you can't transform twice in a game (I think?). What are the major differences between each mode besides aesthetics/combos?

Thanks, these might sound pretty broad but I want to get a better understanding of the game's mechanics.

Loving this game so far, finally got it yesterday (with the pre-order bonus woot) and I have a bunch of questions for you veteran players out there.

I'm mainly confused about the three forms. I know how to change into the other two, but is there a strategic way in transforming? Like I noticed you can't transform twice in a game (I think?). What are the major differences between each mode besides aesthetics/combos?

Thanks, these might sound pretty broad but I want to get a better understanding of the game's mechanics.

you get different bonuses based on your experience lvl in said form

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/684062...i-versus-shoujotachi-no/wiki/1-1-game-screens
scroll down to Elemental Paths to see the different bonuses

Staplefrog

Neo Member
I'm mainly confused about the three forms. I know how to change into the other two, but is there a strategic way in transforming?

You've most likely already figured this out yourself, but transforming restores your life meter. Therefore, I try to save it until I need that restoration. Also worth keeping in mind, you can do stronger attacks in the second mode.
I still haven't been able to get the Shadow element transformation to work. Haven't really needed it so far though.

You've most likely already figured this out yourself, but transforming restores your life meter. Therefore, I try to save it until I need that restoration. Also worth keeping in mind, you can do stronger attacks in the second mode.
I still haven't been able to get the Shadow element transformation to work. Haven't really needed it so far though.

you should try shadow
Press R and put tow finger in the middle of the screen and swipe them in opposite directions horizontally. (R must be maintained.)

You'll see the character you're controlling's boobs. repeat the same action and you'll transform.
You cannot go for shadow if you've already used light during that mission.
You HP isn't replenished when you transform However your attack are doing a LOT more damage.

Most intresting if you plan to wipe your opponent quickly ...

maskrider

you should try shadow
Press R and put tow finger in the middle of the screen and swipe them in opposite directions horizontally. (R must be maintained.)

You'll see the character you're controlling's boobs. repeat the same action and you'll transform.
You cannot go for shadow if you've already used light during that mission.
You HP isn't replenished when you transform However your attack are doing a LOT more damage.

Most intresting if you plan to wipe your opponent quickly ...

That mode is a double-edged sword, you gain attack power but lost defense power. If you are low on health, it can be dangerous.

Pre-1.01 patch
- Attack x 3
- Defense / 3
- Point x 1.5

Post-1.01 patch
- Attack x 2
- Defense / 5
- Point x 1.2

Yeah in the 1.00 version it was much much more powerfull

It's still a good mode if you already have an advantage on the field or (solo ) if you're overleveled in story mode.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I appreciate the info guys, that clears up most of what I was wondering, what about the missions in story mode? When I press left on the dpad, there's more missions, are these just harder versions of the missions?

What did I do... I just ordered my copy from Play-Asia with FedEx... D: Does anyone have experience on how long the shipping takes like that?

What did I do... I just ordered my copy from Play-Asia with FedEx... D: Does anyone have experience on how long the shipping takes like that?

Depends on where you are on the world really .. if you have taken fedex, shouldn't you be able to track the package ?
For me fedex can take 3 days , but also can take a week , it depends.

Depends on where you are on the world really .. if you have taken fedex, shouldn't you be able to track the package ?
For me fedex can take 3 days , but also can take a week , it depends.

Hmm well I'm in Germany. And I don't have the tracking number yet as a friend ordered it for me as she was getting something from Play-Asia aswell, I said I would cover the shipping costs because she was so nice and order Senran for me along with her order. I hope it will be more to 3 days than a week but I'm not impatient
yet.

And I don't feel too well yet playing a game I really can't understand but I managed PSO2 so that should be doable aswell :p

Whoa FedEx says it's going to be there tomorrow at my friends place o.o Then I have to wait two days for her to ship it to me since we live in different cities... well maybe I will drive to them as I'm slowly
read: not slowly
get impatient in anticipation :D Is there anything I should know that isn't in the OT?

EDIT:

I made a custom Vita cover though I used the regular PS3 3D Box-art script from the custom-covers thread. I makeshifted the Vita template myself and it's not the best though I _think_ it should fit a Vita case when printed out... It's not the best cover either though as anybody can guess it's hard to find SFW art of Senran Kagura :p

OzA6xdR.png

http://i1.minus.com/ibdzmSR0zCrXhT.png

maskrider

Done with the main paths and the character specific paths, shadow mode is too strong on higher levels, the enemies are like fruits that you literally cut through them.

Looking forward to the coming DLCs.

Ahh the wait is slowly getting unbearable my copy is now in the customs :/ Are alot of people here playing it online still?
I still haven't even played online! D: I'm waiting until Daidouji and Suzune DLC have a firm release date before I switch over and push through the game on my JPN account. lol

Nice work again Skyfire!

Haven't even gotten a chance to try online yet. :/

Ahaha thank you again! I just really like making covers :D

I still haven't even played online! D: I'm waiting until Daidouji and Suzune DLC have a firm release date before I switch over and push through the game on my JPN account. lol

And ah okay so I guess I still would have atleast two people to play with :) Aaand if I'm already making a post, how long do these customs usually take? :(

And ah okay so I guess I still would have atleast two people to play with :) Aaand if I'm already making a post, how long do these customs usually take? :(
It's still selling pretty well in Japan, too, so you'll at least have plenty of randoms to play online with!

As for how long customs take, I think it really all depends on where you're located. Maybe... 2-5 days...? I've heard some horror stories about some things sitting in customs for a week or even two, so I guess it depends. ):

It's still selling pretty well in Japan, too, so you'll at least have plenty of randoms to play online with!

As for how long customs take, I think it really all depends on where you're located. Maybe... 2-5 days...? I've heard some horror stories about some things sitting in customs for a week or even two, so I guess it depends. ):

Hmm I'm not sure I feel well playing with randoms in Japan given the ping but I will see I guess... And oh dear I guess I just have to hope that my shipment won't turn into a horror story :(

Torraz

Any advice on the order of playing through the game?

I just cleared chapter 3 of the school's story with the original 5 girls. Should I finish the school's story before going into the individual ones?

So I received my SE copy back on the 11th, but didn't decide to play it until this past Tuesday. Wow, Life & Hometown aside, thus is a really fun game and technical marvel on the Vita. I've played the three levels of the first school's story mode, really fun stuff. I also managed to clear the tutorials by reading this thread and referencing game FAQS. It took me a bit to figure the counter/parry timing and how to engage Shadow mode as I can't read Japanese at all.

Between this & Hot Shots Golf, my 3DS is taking a break for a while.

Whoo I finally have my copy! :D

usYRGzO.jpg

Well I only have played the first two missions so far and it seems fun and playable enough without being able to read Japanese though being dead-tired doesn't make things better... So I will play more tomorrow :p

OmegaZero

If I want access to the DLC, I'll have to set up an asian/jp PSN account and use it on a second memory card, right?
(Planning on getting the game, but currently trying to decide between retail or digital.)

Yay, I unlocked Homura's group story the other day and I'm having so much fun, my favorite group of girls.

If I want access to the DLC, I'll have to set up an asian/jp PSN account and use it on a second memory card, right?
(Planning on getting the game, but currently trying to decide between retail or digital.)
Correct. Either that, or reformat your only card and use your Asia/JPN account. :p

Torraz

Whoo I finally have my copy! :D

usYRGzO.jpg

Well I only have played the first two missions so far and it seems fun and playable enough without being able to read Japanese though being dead-tired doesn't make things better... So I will play more tomorrow :p

Take a look at the wiki for the game on gamefaqs.

Take a look at the wiki for the game on gamefaqs.

Oh thanks that helped alot :D

Though there are some things I'm still unsure about and I don't know if they have been asked already so sorry if they were :/ Well I wondered why I can't seem to put on Accessories. If I click the slot I can select a item though no matter what item I pick I get a "negative" sound :( Second is there anyway to preview the items in the shop? And the last two things, can I get new combos/attack and is there any negative side to doing a Shinobi transformation early aside from missing the health restore for later?

Oh and why is Katsuragi in shadow-mode so fun to use...

Though there are some things I'm still unsure about and I don't know if they have been asked already so sorry if they were :/ Well I wondered why I can't seem to put on Accessories. If I click the slot I can select a item though no matter what item I pick I get a "negative" sound :( Second is there anyway to preview the items in the shop? And the last two things, can I get new combos/attack and is there any negative side to doing a Shinobi transformation early aside from missing the health restore for later?

Oh and why is Katsuragi in shadow-mode so fun to use...
Nice to see you're enjoying it(I believe)! I'm not too sure on that accessory problem, did you buy some from the store first...? Dumb question, I know, but maaaayyyybe you forgot! :p Secondly, no, there is no way to preview items from the store. Money comes very easily, though. New combos and attacks come when you level up and I don't believe there's any negative sides to using your Shinobi Transformation sooner rather than later, but you might miss out on new attacks/combos, plus progress in your "Flash"/Normal/Starting clothing and abilities.

B-but that last statement...! So perverted!

Alright, got an HK account set up.
So when I switch an account, do I have to deactivate my Vita from my US one?
I made a guide a few weeks/months ago! But no, if you plan on switching back(or maybe plan on getting a new Vita?), there's no reason to deactivate.

The music of this game is much much more intresting than i expected .. The "night field" level music is excellent . ( for those who don't know it's the music during the final battle of the first school)

Nice to see you're enjoying it(I believe)! I'm not too sure on that accessory problem, did you buy some from the store first...? Dumb question, I know, but maaaayyyybe you forgot! :p Secondly, no, there is no way to preview items from the store. Money comes very easily, though. New combos and attacks come when you level up and I don't believe there's any negative sides to using your Shinobi Transformation sooner rather than later, but you might miss out on new attacks/combos, plus progress in your "Flash"/Normal/Starting clothing and abilities.

B-but that last statement...! So perverted!

Ahaha yeah I'm enjoying it, infact this was the first Vita game I ever played that made it to the "The power is low" notification :D And oh dear... I'm a huge derp... that exactly was it... I never thought of buying any and that option actually means NONE... xD Thanks for that! :) Also hmm I see that makes sense I guess, I just asked because I usually get the grey rank on many missions making me think I fight too slow :(

Aaaaand I know nobody will believe me this anyways but I left my Katsuragi + Shadow Mode comment actually vague like this on purpose :p What I actually meant is, once she enters the shadow mode she literally chains her attacks so fast and smooth together that it feels like a heaven to control. Most other Hanso Ninja feel quite clunky to control though Katsuragi just clicks with me o.o

Oh and is it just me or has this game some really good music at times? :eek:

And finally, to everyone who might just have started playing and thinks the combat might be a bit bland and repetitive I say keep playing! I know you basically almost always run through the same combos and that aspect doesn't seem to chance too much though after a while I noticed a depth unfolding in the combat-system, once you start air-dashing, air attacking and parrying atleast the fights against other high-class ninja won't feel like this anymore, atleast in my opinion :)

EDIT:

The music of this game is much much more intresting than i expected .. The "night field" level music is excellent . ( for those who don't know it's the music during the final battle of the first school)

So it isn't just me! :D I thought that track was very great aswell.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Someone said that they saw this on Mirai in closet mode. I can't confirm since I have no idea how to use closet mode :x, but that is pretty funny.

Top Bottom