• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus |OT| Wrap your Hometown in Happy Boobs

crinale

I actually grabbed this despite not liking the first game at all. I'm having a good time so far, and I'm genuinely surprised by how clean and nice the whole game looks.

Yeah I also think the game looks very clean. I think it's running at native res, what do you think?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I really want the wall scroll too.

Whoa. I'm surprised you didn't get the LE.

I would have gotten it for sure if the release date wasn't so close to Macross 30, Neptunia V, and Atelier Ayesha (or if I knew that Atelier Ayesha was only English dub only while pre orders for the LE were still up).

Ramune

Nice video. But that scroll, where was that pre-order bonus located? I checked the regular sites [AmiAmi/CDJapan/etc.] and none of them had it listed.

I want it. :(

Not just the wallscroll/tapestry, but where did he get that neat little artbook with the disks?!
I...wouldn't mind having that too!!! :O

Kincaido

Not just the wallscroll/tapestry, but where did he get that neat little artbook with the disks?!

Pre-order bonus I believe.

Also, I see that Play-Asia has the LE available to order, but it's about $200. Geez. That's double the price AmiAmi was charging for the LE during pre-orders.

chrono01

The artbook/drama CD's were a pre-order bonus at pretty much every store, that much I know.

The wallscroll though is really bothering me. I cannot find any information on it. :(

Stark

Banned
I would have gotten it for sure if the release date wasn't so close to Macross 30, Neptunia V, and Atelier Ayesha (or if I knew that Atelier Ayesha was only English dub only while pre orders for the LE were still up).

I checked cdjapan because I was sure they would have it but no dice. :( Sucks.

crinale

Since it's much more than just a plain button masher, I think some of you may find this game rather difficult game than it looks.
Don't get discouraged even if you get your butt kicked hard at the first mission :)
(You'll get used to the game system eventually).

crinale

Is the online pass included when buying the digital version via Japanese PSN?

It is included. Actually if you buy a software from JPN store, they force you to download additional thing (online pass) automatically. Again some people got confused and almost payed for extra yen for online pass.

Afterwards I clicked the online pass software from activity area, and everything was setup correctly.

crinale

Do the online passes have like a use by date? Or can I just save it until I get my own vita?

It's basically unlock keycode to play online, so you can enter it whenever you want (to your JPN account only, though). Once you unlock it you can go online with your JPN account all the time, until someday they shut down the sever (I can't tell when).

mao2

The artbook/drama CD's were a pre-order bonus at pretty much every store, that much I know.

The wallscroll though is really bothering me. I cannot find any information on it. :(
The tapestry is from Sofmap. It comes with the Limited Edition. You can view all the shop exclusive bonuses here (NSFW!).

test_account

XP-39C²
Do the online passes have like a use by date? Or can I just save it until I get my own vita?
I think it variates from game to game. I just checked two random games, Modnation Racers PSP's online pass code expired at 31. December 2012, so it was good for about 2+ years if you got it on release date. Dead Space 3 for PS3's online pass doesnt expire before 31. December 2022.

Yeah , every code on PSN has an expiration date.. but unless it's EA , it's often far in the future ... so you have some time.
We don't know the usage time range yet but you should be fine for 2013 and 2014

iSMI3puioDboF.gif

It is included. Actually if you buy a software from JPN store, they force you to download additional thing (online pass) automatically. Again some people got confused and almost payed for extra yen for online pass.

Afterwards I clicked the online pass software from activity area, and everything was setup correctly.

Hong Kong store is same. Online Pass was first thing downloaded and installed. I am loving the game thus far. Controls are good, combat is very fun and the fighting system might have some good depth. Add on top of that the nice crisp visuals , without sacrificing the framerate unlike other recently released actions games( Im looking at you Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2) and you have a very enjoyable game that doesn't appear destined for localization. Well worth the hassle of setting up a Hong Kong account on my Vita.

Ramune

Pre-order bonus I believe.

Also, I see that Play-Asia has the LE available to order, but it's about $200. Geez. That's double the price AmiAmi was charging for the LE during pre-orders.

Oh? Silly me! M-maybe I get that anyway. AmiAmi order did say [w/Pre-order Bonus] now that I look at my shipping notice.
( 9 3 9 )U

StayDead

Yeah , every code on PSN has an expiration date.. but unless it's EA , it's often far in the future ... so you have some time.
We don't know the usage time range yet but you should be fine for 2013 and 2014

Not ignoring the other 2 replies, but I'll reply to this one.

Thanks, I don't have a seperate memory card so can't log in on my JP PSN on my dad's vita so I'll check the date (I guess it'll be with the code) then I should be fine. Especially if it's good for 2 years.

I kind of want my own vita, but they're still damned expensive and there's still very little out that I want to play on one so I might see if they go for a price cut or it gets more support later down the line. ^^

CrovaxPSO

My order arrived at Tenso and it did come with the pre-order bonus, was worried it wouldn't since I ordered so late. Now I have to wait for them to combine it with my order of Demon Gaze and Monster Monpiece after the weekend, hopefully I'll have them by the end of next week.

For more in depth information about the game come check out our board for it at the Senran International Academy. We're a fan community for the Senran Kagura series working to support the localization of the games and on raising international awareness for the series.

Hopefully some of you have heard of us through our activity in Oprainfall and our other community outlets. If you're interested in supporting us or just want a place to discuss the series, please check us out here:

http://www.senran-international.boards.net/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Senran-International-Academy/269180386535793

https://twitter.com/SenranInterAcad

http://kagura.wikia.com/wiki/Kagurapedia

I also put together a quick buyer's guide for those interested in importing it.

Stark

Banned
For more in depth information about the game come check out our board for it at the Senran International Academy. We're a fan community for the Senran Kagura series working to support the localization of the games and on raising international awareness for the series.

Hopefully some of you have heard of us through our activity in Oprainfall and our other community outlets. If you're interested in supporting us or just want a place to discuss the series, please check us out here:

http://www.senran-international.boards.net/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Senran-International-Academy/269180386535793

https://twitter.com/SenranInterAcad

http://kagura.wikia.com/wiki/Kagurapedia

I also put together a quick buyer's guide for those interested in importing it.

Do you run the facebook page personally? Gotta thank you for all the extra wallpapers and delicious images. :3

Kincaido

Mine is in customs now too (ʳ ´º㉨º)ʳ

Usually receive my packages from AmiAmi on Monday or Tuesday.

Do you run the facebook page personally? Gotta thank you for all the extra wallpapers and delicious images. :3

My moderator H2foxo is the one primarily in charge of the Facebook and he really does a fabulous job. We do a lot more than the Facebook though, so please do check out our forum and other community outlets.

Top Bottom