• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sense8 S2 |OT| Tremendous Sea of Love - May 5 on Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I really identify with Kala, her way of thinking really reflects mine and I love her attitudes towards science, and progress, and how the needs of people come before money.

She doesn't have the most exciting story but I find her character very real and honest and good.
Kala has grown on me immensely. I was never not fond of her, but it wasn't until this season that I started to truly appreciate her quirks. She feels like the most introspective of the cluster. And, as you said, "very real and honest and good." I love how she often rambles aloud as she processes her thoughts and emotions on various subjects, usually juggling the immediate topic along with personal troubles she's having.

In many ways she is the exact opposite of Wolfgang.

Hahahahahaha WOW. Episode 8. Lito is by far the most interesting character on the show. His range of emotions and how the other members of the cluster react to him... it's all soooooooo good.
Totally agreed. Lito's scenes with Sun are one of the reasons I've rewatched Ep8 several times. I can't the cluster and this show without him.

That action set piece at the end was roflmao. Whenever Wolfgang gets into shit in this show, everything is dialed up to 11. I love how the Sense8 concept of Berlin is more like Shadowrun Berlin than real life Berlin. Or something out of John Wick even.
The 4 Kings and the little mythos they established with the criminal underworld of Berlin also made me think of Wick!

xandaca

Not going to read this thread as I'm only two eps + Christmas special into the new season, but I'm so glad it's back. I care more about these characters than in any other show I can remember for a long time, the joy and sensuality is so tangible. Not only that, but the season's off to an amazing start, with
Whispers being exposed
Sun's amazing fight with her head in a noose
and
Kroom being ambushed in the gallery
. Didn't care much about the plotting in S1, but it's moving at a fantastic clip this time around.

I hope someone lists every Lito film that has been mentioned so far because LOL, his filmography must be bigger than Meryl Streep's by this point xD

Razmos

Just finished it. What a goddamn ride, absolutely loved it.

One of my favourite parts of the series was Dani with her 58 minutes. That was straight up witchcraft and I loved it.

ilikeme

I'm a moron so I watched ep 2 before ep 1. Confused with the Christmas episode stuff.

But now I've watched ep 2 and then ep 1! I loved them both and am psyched for episode 3.

The pace really is nice this season. Stuff is happening and I love it. All these characters are great, and I love the new Capheus too!

Season spoilers

Yeah I really want to know what happened with the last episode because they were building everything so nicely and then everything happened so quickly I could barely keep up.

Also, question about the blockers. Does it block everyone from connecting to you or just people outside of your cluster because it seemed like it did the former because Riley commented on how it didn't feel the same after he took the blockers, but he was definitely on blockers talking to the rest of the cluster.

Oh and the new Capheus>>>>>>>>>old capheus in pretty much every respect.

Did they run out of budget? The last episode feels more rushed than anything I've seen in some time...
Yeah, at first I was OK with how rushed it was because
I don't think the Will-is-actually-there mindfuck would be as effective if they took an entire episode to set up the whole plan, but the fucking police car was too much for me.

Also, question about the blockers. Does it block everyone from connecting to you or just people outside of your cluster because it seemed like it did the former because Riley commented on how it didn't feel the same after he took the blockers, but he was definitely on blockers talking to the rest of the cluster.
Noticed that too, seemed inconsistent to me.
Maybe there are different types of blockers, but if that's the case I couldn't keep up with which is which. This is a good question to ask Straczynski.

Episode 6

Well that was fantastic.
The sensate connection network was awesome, Lila Wick was badass, the BPO info dump, all of it.
The first season was really great and so far this is even better.

--

Maaan I really love this cast, and I'm completely sold on new Van Damme now.

KarmaCow

Season spoilers

Do you remember which scenes in particular where he was on blockers but still talking to the rest of the cluster? I'm pretty sure it's the first situation too but I'm curious now.

Another small inconsistency I found was the other sense8s following someone as they linked up with someone in another cluster. I remember specifically the scene where Lila links with Wolfgang in shower and shooting pistol at his head to get his attention. Will joins in that scene telling him that they need more info and eventually the scene flips to her perspective but Will is there with Wolfgang despite never actually seeing Lila in person.

Do you remember which scenes in particular where he was on blockers but still talking to the rest of the cluster? I'm pretty sure it's the first situation too but I'm curious now.

Another small inconsistency I found was the other sense8s following someone as they linked up with someone in another cluster. I remember specifically the scene where Lila links with Wolfgang in shower and shooting pistol at his head to get his attention. Will joins in that scene telling him that they need more info and eventually the scene flips to her perspective but Will is there with Wolfgang despite never actually seeing Lila in person.
I don't think he can actually see her.

KarmaCow

I don't think he can actually see her.

Full season spoilers just in case because I don't remember the specific episode

He can't, not even in the scene from Wolfgang's perspective because he's never actually met her and she's not physically there, which is why it's weird that he's in the scene from her perspective.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I know Season 1 wasn't a breakout hit and budget is crazy for it that we barely got s2, but... odds the show continues? Reaction to s2 seems to be pretty positive.

With Leftovers ending, Sense8 HAS to continue

duckroll

I know Season 1 wasn't a breakout hit and budget is crazy for it that we barely got s2, but... odds the show continues? Reaction to s2 seems to be pretty positive.

With Leftovers ending, Sense8 HAS to continue

They actually let the contracts lapse after shooting S2, but then sometime late last year it's reported that they got excited again and reached to renew all contracts in a brand new deal, so it's looking good.

Just finished episode 4. Love this show!

I spotted some medical equipment made by the Abraxas corporation. Dat Jupiter Ascending easter egg. Gotta love the Wachowskis.

platakul

Banned
alright someone help me understand Nomi's storyline in eps 8-9.
Didn't her mom sell her out the BPO doctor in the beginning of last season or was that someone else????

Also she uses the clean slate program and then immediately does a very public event??

KiN0

alright someone help me understand Nomi's storyline in eps 8-9.
Didn't her mom sell her out the BPO doctor in the beginning of last season or was that someone else????

Also she uses the clean slate program and then immediately does a very public event??

Her mom didn't know that was a BPO doctor, she was just looking for any excuse to get her son "corrected". It didn't matter though because that doctor ended getting killed by Whispers to maintain secrecy.

As for the clean slate thing, that was a little stupid, but the idea was that all the "official"warrants for her arrest were deleted, so while that detective found her, he didn't have any documents proving she was wanted.

Belfast

Love this show so much, but I'm sad the ending was rushed quite a bit.
They usually do at least they are minimum at setting up a plan, but this time it was basically just Will saying "I've got a plan" and then, bam, he's in the room with Whispers. I can also give them the benefit of the doubt of all physically getting to London, but how did Will get into a presumably heavily guarded BPO facility near or under Parliament (Another V reference?)? Where did they get a cop car? Where did they get the suits. We know they can do these kinds of things, but they didn't show what happened between Point A and Point B at all. Lots of questions to be answered and maybe we will get them next Season.

platakul

Banned
Her mom didn't know that was a BPO doctor, she was just looking for any excuse to get her son "corrected". It didn't matter though because that doctor ended getting killed by Whispers to maintain secrecy.

As for the clean slate thing, that was a little stupid, but the idea was that all the "official"warrants for her arrest were deleted, so while that detective found her, he didn't have any documents proving she was wanted.

Ah ok. That makes sense. I guess I forgot about her sister if she was mentioned much last season, so I was like wait what... why are you doing this now?

I wanted to like this show because it's the Wachowskis with a massive budget but I managed 8 episodes or so of the first season before having to bow out. I think I started rolling my eyes when the drippy wet strap-on dildo hit the floor with a squelchy thud, I rolled them straight past the entire cast singing four non blondes what's up, (one of my favourite songs tho) and stopped rolling when the mindfuck orgies started. Is it worth jumping back in and does the mystery go somewhere, do they find out more about their abilities? Or is it all just an excuse to have mindfuck orgies? I felt like a lot of the show was just an excuse for these people to have brain sex and I kind of want to know if that changes.

Razmos

I wanted to like this show because it's the Wachowskis with a massive budget but I managed 8 episodes or so of the first season before having to bow out. I think I started rolling my eyes when the drippy wet strap-on dildo hit the floor with a squelchy thud, I rolled them straight past the entire cast singing four non blondes what's up, (one of my favourite songs tho) and stopped rolling when the mindfuck orgies started. Is it worth jumping back in and does the mystery go somewhere, do they find out more about their abilities? Or is it all just an excuse to have mindfuck orgies? I felt like a lot of the show was just an excuse for these people to have brain sex and I kind of want to know if that changes.
It happens maybe once more during the Christmas special and then there is not a single orgy in season 2, it focuses far more on the mysteries

KiN0

Season 2 is much more focused on the story. The cheesy, eye-rolling sex scenes are still there, but they're much less obtrusive and occur less frequently.

duckroll

SEASON 2 FINISHED OMG OOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

That finale. Shiiiiiiiiit.

This was really a 10 hour feature film. Jesus Christ that was crazy.

Season 3 when?!

Season 2 is much better .
Sex scenes still there but less of them and not as eye rolling .
The story is more focus and everything is better compare to season 1 .
One of the big reasons why season 2 is better is because all the characters interact much more and help each other .

Love this show so much, but I'm sad the ending was rushed quite a bit.
They usually do at least they are minimum at setting up a plan, but this time it was basically just Will saying "I've got a plan" and then, bam, he's in the room with Whispers. I can also give them the benefit of the doubt of all physically getting to London, but how did Will get into a presumably heavily guarded BPO facility near or under Parliament (Another V reference?)? Where did they get a cop car? Where did they get the suits. We know they can do these kinds of things, but they didn't show what happened between Point A and Point B at all. Lots of questions to be answered and maybe we will get them next Season.

Well we did see him making plans a few eps before but yeah maybe they will fully explain it season 3 .

Well we did see him making plans a few eps before but yeah maybe they will fully explain it season 3 .

Hmmmm that would be an interesting "special" to set up Season 3, kind of like the Christmas special we got before this season...

The episode could be a "prequel" of sorts to the last episode, and focus on what went down in the lead up to capturing Whiskers. Man that would be awesome!

Hmmmm that would be an interesting "special" to set up Season 3, kind of like the Christmas special we got before this season...

The episode could be a "prequel" of sorts to the last episode, and focus on what went down in the lead up to capturing Whiskers. Man that would be awesome!
It would.

Also, um...

...it's Whispers.

Razmos

I think it would be a massive mistake to have
all the characters meet up for the first time in person
off-screen
*Finale Spoilers*

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I think it would be a massive mistake to have
all the characters meet up for the first time in person
off-screen
*Finale Spoilers*

Finale
my guess is that we will see this in S3 and the whole plan be explained. The finale wouldn't have had the same impact if we knew that Will was actually there with Whispers.

I also need them to rescue Wolfgang asap so I can get my Wolfgang and Kala meet in person scene. Because they were so adorable and ridiculously happy for like 2 seconds until Lila showed up. I also need Kala to have Sun help her beat up Lila.

duckroll

I have a theory about the directional intent behind how the final part of the finale played out. I don't think it was "rushed" at all. But rather...

There are a lot of intentional gaps, and they pop up at the end and move very quickly because you only see what they "want" you to see. In a sense, the direction is mimicking how it would feel like if you were on BPO's side, and without you realizing it, the entire cluster went on blockers and planned completely behind your back to act together in person together. That's something we haven't really seen in practice. I think they teased a bit of the possibility of such actions when Will and Riley were together in the middle of the season, she Lito used Riley to create a decoy so Will could get away. But as an aggressive attack force split into teams and acting together while entirely blocked? It would probably feel a bit like this. :)

Just finished it. I was laughing and cheering and crying and sobbing through the whole thing. Few shows, movies, books have done to me what this one does. My general thoughts for the whole season follow below:

- Greatly improved, as everyone else said earlier. I still love the first season, but this is what it should've been from the beginning. Some have said it's faster paced, and yeah that's true, but I was surprised at how much that was influenced by the general story beats rather through the action. I think the first season had way more action scenes and it still felt a little boring at times.
- Milton finally has some actual presence on screen, and is a pretty decent villain.
- I'm not a fan of how much in the dark they're still keeping us. We know a bit more about BPO and it's backstory but the WHY of Whispers being after them is still mostly completely unknown. I'd have liked a little bit more about that because at this point too much of the stakes depend on him and his motivations being that unclear don't help the show.
- I've always hated Jonas. Fuck Jonas.
- Angelica's storyline is still boring to me and I barely remember what her scenes were about.
- The only thing this season was missing were a few more "larger than life" moments like the 4 Non Blondes scene, the birth and the orgy scene from last season. The Pride in Sao Paulo was phenomenal but it wasn't enough. My guess is that they wanted to be a little more subtle with the character's emotions this season, but scenes like these is what the show has always excelled with.
- I'm finally OK with the new Capheus. Still miss the almost child-like charm of the old one but they've found a good replacement.
- Fuck off Puck.
- Lito's storyline made me an emotional mess, and as a Bi man I found it extremely relatable. So well done.
- I agree with duckroll about whether the finale was rushed or not. It really was very offputting at first when you realize where things will end up, but it made the Will/Whispers scene work. Also we've seen the characters "meet" so many times already that the actual physical moment would be a little redundant, as much as I'd love to see it. The Wachowski's will probably follow up on that in the next season.

Overall a thrilling experience and despite some shortcomings, I'll always prefer a show that speaks from the heart and plays with my emotions as this one does. I'm ready for season 3.

In 2019? :/

Saw episode 1 (or technically two since Christmas Special is 1?). That ending got me hyped AF. Saw the last 3 minutes like 4 times.

You think you're hunting us? We're coming for you!

ayyeeee. Feel bad for my dude Will, hope he will be ok in the future.

Also, um...

...it's Whispers.

fucking LOL I don't know why I typed that

I have a theory about the directional intent behind how the final part of the finale played out. I don't think it was "rushed" at all. But rather...

There are a lot of intentional gaps, and they pop up at the end and move very quickly because you only see what they "want" you to see. In a sense, the direction is mimicking how it would feel like if you were on BPO's side, and without you realizing it, the entire cluster went on blockers and planned completely behind your back to act together in person together. That's something we haven't really seen in practice. I think they teased a bit of the possibility of such actions when Will and Riley were together in the middle of the season, she Lito used Riley to create a decoy so Will could get away. But as an aggressive attack force split into teams and acting together while entirely blocked? It would probably feel a bit like this. :)

Now THAT'S interesting! Actually, that is awesome.

The italian website Newsflix interviewed one of the show's producers, Roberto Malerba, and it's a bit of a downer. In a nutshell:

- they still don't know if Sense8 will be renewed;
- a renewal depends on the balance between budget and the project presented by the writers/directors for the season;
- if it is renewed, then the 3rd season will "easily" be the last because of how difficult the show is to make;
- a 3rd season is already being written but it would be filmed in the next year for a 2019 release.

EDIT: apparently the italian website is banned on this forum, so I changed the link to a brazilian news site reporting on that interview

The italian website Newsflix interviewed one of the show's producers, Roberto Malerba, and it's a bit of a downer. In a nutshell:

- they still don't know if Sense8 will be renewed;
- a renewal depends on the balance between budget and the project presented by the writers/directors for the season;
- if it is renewed, then the 3rd season will "easily" be the last because of how difficult the show is to make;
- a 3rd season is already being written but it would be filmed in the next year for a 2019 release.

EDIT: apparently the italian website is banned on this forum, so I changed the link to a brazilian news site reporting on that interview

I'd hate to see it go, but I'm confident they could go out on a high note to end all high notes. Please renew it for 1 more season Netflix!

KarmaCow

I really hope we get one more season for them to finish everything .
Think they could do it with one more season .

There's no way they could wrap it up in a single season, especially with how the world opened up this season.

Full season spoilers

They just introduced the larger sense8 network as well as the rival cluster and they still need to takedown BPO or at least reform it. I don't see how they could resolve those threads as well as the individual character stories, and a satisfying capper to the entire show.

There's no way they could wrap it up in a single season, especially with how the world opened up this season.

Full season spoilers

They just introduced the larger sense8 network as well as the rival cluster and they still need to takedown BPO or at least reform it. I don't see how they could resolve those threads as well as the individual character stories, and a satisfying capper to the entire show.

I think they could .
The big one would be BPO and the rival cluster but with the right pacing it can be done .
Plus some of the character stories don't really have much to be done for it to be satisfying .
For eg they can have Lito getting more work from hollywood so he moves to LA .
Will and Riley problem is BPO more than anything else.
Some of the others will be harder like Sun or Capheus but another 10eps \10 hours give or take ep time is good amount. ( 12 like S1 would be better )

EDIT plus some stuff could be leave open ended

Kinsei

Banned
I can't see them wrapping up things properly in just one more season. There's so much going on that it feels like they need at least two more.

I would be happy to get one more season. The show is going to take forever to finish if they keep up the same filming style. I would prefer at least 2 more, but all the plotlines could realistically be wrapped up in one more season especially when they know it's the last. I think Netflix would be willing to at least give them another season.

Kinsei

Banned
I would be happy to get one more season. The show is going to take forever to finish if they keep up the same filming style. I would prefer at least 2 more, but all the plotlines could realistically be wrapped up in one more season especially when they know it's the last. I think Netflix would be willing to at least give them another season.

Full season 2 spoilers:
Sun's Brother, Capheus's campaign, Nomi's Wedding, Lila's cluster, The main BPO plot, and an episode to tell the story leading up to the finale of S2.

That's far too much to wrap up in a satisfying way in a single season. Hopefully Netflix doesn't cancel the show early.

Season 2 finale

OHHHHHHHH SHITTTRRRRRRRTTTTT!!!!!

I need season 3 right now, hands down my favorite Netflix original. This is what I wanted after the season 1 finale, holy shit was that something:O

Hoping 3 won't be a series finale as this is too good and there's so many possibilities. Damn, I need more!

Full season 2 spoilers:
Sun's Brother, Capheus's campaign, Nomi's Wedding, Lila's cluster, The main BPO plot, and an episode to tell the story leading up to the finale of S2.

That's far too much to wrap up in a satisfying way in a single season. Hopefully Netflix doesn't cancel the show early.

If they get one more season certain things will have to get cut or rush but i rather that than no ending at all :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom