• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sept NPD

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Then why did I get my N64 with SM64 packed in? Bundle deal? (I'm too lazy to go check the box)

snapty00

Banned
GaimeGuy said:
Then why did I get my N64 with SM64 packed in? Bundle deal? (I'm too lazy to go check the box)
Perhaps a disgruntled Nintendo employee stuck a Super Mario 64 game in your Nintendo 64 box to stick it to Nintendo. Otherwise, it wasn't packed-in.

Mega Man's Electric Sheep said:
Almost as much? Dude, it sold 103,634 more in two weeks than Ninja Gaiden has since March.

Fable 604,084 (released sept 14) approx 2 weeks
Ninja Gaiden 500,450 (released march 2) approx 7 months

Ninja Gaiden deserved more sales than this. But I definately see how Fable could cater to a wider audience (i.e. easiest game ever).

It's almost as if Xbox gamers only want western games on their system... Hmmm.

Well, Ninja Gaiden doesn't leap to mind when I think of obscure Japanese games that "western gamers" would be turned off by. And the DOA games (by the same developer too) sell very well on Xbox. It's more that there are not many high profile Japanese games on the system.

Judging from the sales of Pikmin 2, Gamecube owners didn't want Japanese games this month either. :) Or any games really. :D I kid, I kid.

jarrod

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
That's not GC levels. The PS2 versions are within a couple thousand of the other version. Mario Sunshine for example is units 3million units behind Mario 64 in the US.
Proportionately it's actually worse though considering where PS2 is to PS1 and GC to N64.

I don't know if I think Fable will sell well over time, I think there's a possibility that with the negative word of mouth that it could end up with sales dropping out considerably quite quickly. Also there's seems to be something of a phenomenon with Xbox that I like to call the HHUPE (High Hardcore User Percentage Effect). Didn't KOTOR have a pretty amazing first appearance on the NPD only then to drop quite rapidly and the same with NG? It seems that with some of the hyped Xbox games its almost as if a higher percentage of the potential users are picking up the game at a much earlier stage.

Top Bottom