• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

bjork

There aren't words to explain how goddamned stupid this entire thing is. Every time I try and watch again, it's some dumbass crap like this.

Between this and that yawnass Cena segment, how do you guys watch three hours every week? The only good thing I saw was Cesaro laying out fella after taking 20 minutes to get undressed.

In reality:

in2VZN5xm6jK1.gif

So for all you wrestling historians who have watched this far longer then I have? How often do injuries legit happen during the show and do they actually stop a match for a legit injury or just roll with it?

Sami Zayn the generic wrestler with flags on his tights that wears t-shirts with blazers. That's a main event gimmick.

Hey, he also wears caps.

Anyway main events gimmicks are not having gimmicks right now. How many lunchas do you see in the main event? Let alone smark-pandering fake Canadian lunchas? Cena has no gimmick, neither does Orton, or Reigns, and Bryan's gimmick was him chanting yes.

I'm not saying Sami will ever reach the main event as that seems to depend on who Vince likes however gimmicks don't seem to mean much right now beyond a catchphrase.

ElRenoRaven

I just love that they've made the family's name bella now. I lost it when they announced their brother with the bella name. lmao

bjork

So for all you wrestling historians who have watched this far longer then I have? How often do injuries legit happen during the show and do they actually stop a match for a legit injury or just roll with it?

Bret dislocated a finger in his title match with Flair and popped it back into place himself. You can see Mr. Perfect wince from across the ring when he saw it.

Nash blew his quad in that one tag match and iirc they just kept going.

Ultratech

Depends. From what I've heard, most people just roll with it and carry on.

Obviously, if it's bad enough, they'll either try to end the match early or just stop altogether.

Top Bottom