• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

And yeah, I re-watched Rollins trying to roll under the cage...Jesus. Did he know that spike was there? I imagine that he's going to get a really firm talking-to when he gets backstage.

And this end segment is doing A LOT for Seth. He looks legit badass and like an angry asshole.

AFAIK, that spike is a new addition to strengthen the cage. I've never seen it before, at least. So maybe he didn't know that was added.

I'm so, so glad that whoever was lowering the cage saw that he was in a dangerous position and stopped its descent immediately.

Raw has been draaaaaaaaaaaaaagging so badly these last few weeks. Even the NXT match couldn't save that show. There's no spark whatsoever.

Save us Brock
Save us Dean.

629019fbf38a456fd0f5cd74d81cf917.jpg

Bless this beautiful Son of a bitch

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It's called playing a character, friends. Seth hates Roman so much he's willing to impale himself just to get at him. That shit runs deep.

Alucard

Banned
Cena just basically said he doesn't give a shit about winning a match. It's more important to be brrrrrrr hustle loyalty respect!!!

strobogo

Banned
little before my time, but i'm trying to make up for it

Arn is one of the best. He was better than Flair in the ring, arguably better at promos (although completely different styles, so that's really down to preference), could wrestle more styles with more people and didn't have a formula match he just plugged guys into. Infinitely more bad ass than Flair and I think he could carry worse opponents to better matches than Flair as well. Arn is so rad.

NYR

So I just saw my first Neville match tonight.

HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK

Thorakai

Woa, NXT match on Raw? I presume this was just promotion for Takeover and not indicative of Vince getting his hands on NXT right? right?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is there a gif of Seth almost killing himself
again
?

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW MONDAY NITRO 12/18/95

• Ric Flair vs Eddie Guerrero
  • Lex Luger vs Marcus Bagwell
  • Earl Robert Eaton vs Sting
  • The Giant vs Randy Savage WCW Championship

Another hot show. Nitro has been on a roll since WW3. Eddie looks like a star against Flair. Hulk gets the first positive reaction in months by losing his cool and beating the shit out of everyone with a chair, including Giant, Sullivan, Nick Patrick, and Doug Dillinger. Madusa drops the WWF Women's Championship in the trash. Kevin Sullivan starts a beef with the Horsemen. Hulk asks for a title match against Macho. Macho will defend against Flair next week.

ireAQ45DobC83.gif

Shit is fun and playful right now. An exciting string of shows leading to Starrcade, which on paper looks to be significantly better than the last 3 PPVs.

Alucard

Banned
Watched ROH. The Kaz and Daniels vs. Young Bucks match was wicked. Man, there's just no denying the Bucks' creativity. That TNA or the E haven't snatched them up is just weird. Of course, they could just be dicks that the bigger companies don't want to deal with.

If you get a chance, watch this match on rohwrestling.com for free this Friday. I'll post a reminder because I'm an unpaid shill for ROH.

strobogo

Banned
Watched ROH. The Kaz and Daniels vs. Young Bucks match was wicked. Man, there's just no denying the Bucks' creativity. That TNA or the E haven't snatched them up is just weird. Of course, they could just be dicks that the bigger companies don't want to deal with.

If you get a chance, watch this match on rohwrestling.com for free this Friday. I'll post a reminder because I'm an unpaid shill for ROH.

What do the YB offer to WWE that they don't already have? They already have a team of smaller face paced guys who over use superkicks on the main roster. They have smaller flippy guy in NXT. The Bucks' style of over the top indie assholes won't work in WWE.

I don't think anyone likes Roman nearly as much as Bryan.

So, the booking should be the same for a top face. If you think Bryan should've been booked stronger last year, than if you actually believe in correct booking, instead of just strong booking for the people you like.

Yet the WWE wishes Reigns was anywhere close to as over as Bryan

So? In ten years, when Roman is a ten-time World champion and Bryan is remembered as Brie's ex-husband to the vast majority of casual fans, Roman still wins.

So, the booking should be the same for a top face. If you think Bryan should've been booked stronger last year, than if you actually believe in correct booking, instead of just strong booking for the people you like.

So? In ten years, when Roman is a ten-time World champion and Bryan is remembered as Brie's ex-husband to the vast majority of casual fans, Roman still wins.

I don't think Bryan should have been booked like Roman has, just not flat on his back every week either. Their is a middle ground. The Reigns booking is boring, and it would have been with Bryan as well (except he had the luxury of being able to fall back of great in ring work)

And the audience still loses... Sounds like fun

strobogo

Banned

That's pretty rude to cast aspersions on their relationship like that.

I don't think Bryan should have been booked like Roman has, just not flat on his back every week either. Their is a middle ground. The Reigns booking is boring, and it would have been with Bryan as well (except he had the luxury of being able to fall back of great in ring work)

And the audience still loses... Sounds like fun

Do you honestly believe this thread wouldn't have lost it's mind if Bryan had been booked like Reigns last fall? If he had been kneeing and dropping Orton and Kane and other Authority stooges weekly, this thread would've looked like the aftermath of the Sony E3 thread last year.

As for the audience still losing, I'm betting most of them will happily buy their Reigns merchandise, just like they happily buy their Cena merchandise.

Top Bottom