• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Cena using the term "wife-beaters" was really ill-timed for both where they were and what happened today. Or he's the best subtle heel in the business.

strobogo

Banned
Do you honestly believe this thread wouldn't have lost it's mind if Bryan had been booked like Reigns last fall? If he had been kneeing and dropping Orton and Kane and other Authority stooges weekly, this thread would've looked like the aftermath of the Sony E3 thread last year.

As for the audience still losing, I'm betting most of them will happily buy their Reigns merchandise, just like they happily buy their Cena merchandise.

I guess you missed July/August of last year and January-March of this year when people were giving he Bryanwinslol treatment in these very threads.

Alucard

Banned
What do the YB offer to WWE that they don't already have? They already have a team of smaller face paced guys who over use superkicks on the main roster. They have smaller flippy guy in NXT. The Bucks' style of over the top indie assholes won't work in WWE.

Their quickness and creativity in the ring far outshines anything The Usos have shown. They have some pretty spectacular double team moves and they always keep a ridiculous pace to their matches. Although I'm sure they'd be toned down by the WWE, I still think they could deliver some truly awesome tag matches.

PS ROH has the best tag division in all of pro wrestling right now. @_@

-ReDRagon
-War Machine
-The Addiction (Kaz and Daniels)
-The Briscoes
-The Young Bucks
-The Decade (various combinations)
-Moose and RD Evans
-Monster Mafia (up-and-coming)

Add in The Forever Hooligans for some more appearances once Koslov is all healed up and baby, you've got yourself a stew going.

Alucard

Banned
I like Reigns a bit more after tonight. I thought he looked really good in the main event. Probably one of his best two or three singles matches so far.

Now if only he'd lose those stupid pants...

Vylash

okay Adam Rose's bunny giving sweet chin music to Slater, the NXT stuff, and Roman getting destroyed was great, but everything else seems awful

Alucard

Banned
Yep. As soon as a guy the internet likes gets the push they want, they'll start to turn on them. Or girl, in the case of Paige. It was not even a month into her run on the main roster before people were lolpaigewins.

I was more like "who the fuck is this person and why should I care?"

I hadn't seen much of her NXT stuff, and she came in with virtually zeeeero backstory.

And this Paige/AJ feud is just dumb as fuck. Paige's acting is brrrrrrrrutal.

I still remember the great Wrasslegaf thread war where Dr Duncan bravely stood against Verendus, Lambda, and Liu Kang Baking A Pie

Now I wish I hadn't skipped WrassleGAF, I've missed so much.

Yep. As soon as a guy the internet likes gets the push they want, they'll start to turn on them. Or girl, in the case of Paige. It was not even a month into her run on the main roster before people were lolpaigewins.

But I was here for that, it was...odd. People were already saying they were done with her by Week 3=

Do you honestly believe this thread wouldn't have lost it's mind if Bryan had been booked like Reigns last fall? If he had been kneeing and dropping Orton and Kane and other Authority stooges weekly, this thread would've looked like the aftermath of the Sony E3 thread last year.

As for the audience still losing, I'm betting most of them will happily buy their Reigns merchandise, just like they happily buy their Cena merchandise.

If the show ended every week (hell Reigns even does it on Smackdown) with Bryan overcoming the odds, yes, even people here would have gotten tired of it.

As for Reigns, it's WAY too early to say he can move anywhere near Cena level merchandise. His current merch is garbage and I've yet to see anymore wearing it

Alucard

Banned
Now I wish I hadn't skipped WrassleGAF, I've missed so much.

But I was here for that, it was...odd. People were already saying they were done with her by Week 3=

Because she was awful, had zero character, was shitting up matches, and had awful acting instincts. And generally still does, though she's better than 50 percent of the Divas.

Alucard

Banned
If the show ended every week (hell Reigns even does it on Smackdown) with Bryan overcoming the odds, yes, even people here would have gotten tired of it.

As for Reigns, it's WAY too early to say he can move anywhere near Cena level merchandise. His current merch is garbage and I've yet to see anymore wearing it

His t-shirt just needs to be a fist flying forward with the word "Believe," "Believe that," or something similar. Or it could have an anime Roman Reigns in mid Superman punch. Aw yeah.

Call me sensitive, But that's kinda messed up to think they'll divorce, don't ya think?

I'm judging by the past history of wrestler marriages. It's not so great. All I'm saying is, that both Bryan or Brie should talk to Kevin Sullivan before they agree to the other getting into a relationship on screen w/ another wrestler.

There is, I had the same question and just found it.

oR7M4dA.gif
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus
Can we not ignore the fact that Cena just fuckin buried Taker like that. Like wow.

what'd he say

Jericho jumped off of a cage and was murdered by the Bray Wyatt. Chris Jericho was revied in the back and then murdered again by the Randy Orton. El Generico, PAC, Mattias Wilde, and Tyson Kidd all made their Raw debuts as New New Nexus. One of the Young Bucks also debuted and was in the bunny suit. Heyman breathed fire and we learned that Cena was a purple heart recipient. Seth Rollins fucked up doing a tribute spot to the Rancor at the start of Return of the Jedi so instead he did a tribute spot to Chris Jericho`s legendary cage spot from earlier that night.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Jericho jumped off of a cage and was murdered by the Bray Wyatt. Chris Jericho was revied in the back and then murdered again by the Randy Orton. El Generico, PAC, Mattias Wilde, and Tyson Kidd all made their Raw debuts as New New Nexus. One of the Young Bucks also debuted and was in the bunny suit. Heyman breathed fire and we learned that Cena was a purple heart recipient. Seth Rollins fucked up doing a tribute spot to the Rancor at the start of Return of the Jedi so instead he did a tribute spot to Chris Jericho`s legendary cage spot from earlier that night.
Thank you October Man.
No Dean btw
October™

Are any of the Superstars you mentioned not white?

"Taker has never been seen again after he got beat by Lesnar, I come back a day later wanting to fight blah blah blah I'm John cena and i wear a stupid hat."
Sounds like you just hate him for speaking the hard TRUTH

Did you see how tall the bunny was? I'm pretty sure it was both of them in there, dogs-in-trenchcoat style

The Bellas storyline has got to be Vince and creative having fun with how bad they can have a feud. I just have a hard time thinking anyone believes that is actually good

Top Bottom