• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Starrcade 95 has one hell of a lineup. I'm glad it delivers.

KissVibes

Banned
Why debut The Ascension at all?

Edit: Actually, it's fitting for them to show up on the main roster show on the anniversary of the Dreamcast. Both suck and are hyped by weird people with questionable taste.

Vylash

Why debut The Ascension at all?

nxttakeover.jpg

Vee_One

Really sad news about O'Haire - I enjoyed watching him wrestle. Especially the devils advocate gimmick he had briefly in 2003

A backstage promo with Seth Rollins, Randy Orton, and Kane airs. The trio talks about how they ended Roman Reigns on the Sept. 8 showing of “Monday Night Raw.” The main event for the night will be Randy Orton and Seth Rollins vs. Chris Jericho and Roman Reigns

5. Chris Jericho and Roman Reigns def. Randy Orton and Seth Rollins

Yeah about that ending to Raw...

Whoa it's not often my hometown gets a mention in this thread! Would that local rock station happen to be Z93. That fucking station is stuck in the year 2000.

The closests Bay City gets to a shout out in this thread is when the Steiners are mentioned.

Also yes Fuel sucked. Lead singer was too drunk and the band didn't give two shits about being even mediocre. I only went because I had free tickets. The wife and I left after like 3 songs.

Indeed Z93 and they pretty much are for sure and yeah not really much more to give shout outs to Bay City on here. I lived in or near Auburn for a bit a long time ago and my brother graduated from BCW in '87 IIRC.

I called my internet provider and said "I pay too much for 15 Mbps. Can you give me a better deal?" So for the same monthly rate, they bumped me to 30 Mbps.

Hopefully WWE Network pay per views won't look like youtube videos any more.

Even at 6Mbps it shouldn't look like a Youtube video unless there's multiple devices taking up bandwidth.

Cole called him a fireplug so he's already finished

At least he didn't call him a buttplug.

Just saw this on one of the dirt sites, haven't seen any details on what happened but given his history I hope it's not related to it. One of those guys that when WWE bought WCW I thought would be more into something given his look and athletic ability, shame he was so ineffective with that gimmick outside of vignettes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ascension looked great on Main Event. None of the awkwardness that the crowd transition gave Emma or Paige or others. Their gimmick is a good fit for the main roster and crowd and they'll go far just on physical charisma alone.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Starrcade 1995 is a dope show. I love how this is the last time the over the top rope DQ thing rears its head on a PPV, making it the first when I went backwards. I wasn't expecting it until 1993-1992!

Ascension looked great on Main Event. None of the awkwardness that the crowd transition gave Emma or Paige or others. Their gimmick is a good fit for the main roster and crowd and they'll go far just on physical charisma alone.

They still have a gimmick? How many years now has it been since the first iteration of The Ascension?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I know everyone hates em, but I believe. I BELIEVE.

RBH

Vince Russo criticizes Spike TV:

"I've been holding this back for years and I finally get to say this. I felt like Hannibal Lecter when he was strapped in and had his mouth wired shut. Spike TV is a horrible partner. Why TNA would ever want to partner with Spike is beyond me unless there were no other options. If Spike TV were the only option to stay on television then I would understand it. They are a horrible partner, they know nothing about the wrestling business. The way they advertised and marketed the program over the years was absolutely atrocious.

"I can tell you this from a position where I worked with the USA network. I worked directly with Bonnie Hammer. She was the female version of Vince McMahon. She knew what she was doing. When you had Bonnie Hammer at USA and Vince McMahon, the sky was the limit. If TNA signs another deal with Spike TV great for them. It will move along for another two years and everyone will work but the product will not grow on Spike TV. My hope for TNA is that a new network comes along and embraces TNA and gives them the time and investment to help grow the product. I can't say this enough. TNA ON SPIKE TV WILL NEVER GROW!"

And then Spike TV responds to Vince Russo:

Below is a response from David Schwarz, the Senior Vice President of Communications with Spike TV:

"I want to start by saying we enjoyed a great relationship, a very collaborative relationship with Dixie Carter and her team over the years. We took TNA from a late night spot on Saturday nights, doing 500,000 viewers, to a two-hour time slot that did two million viewers over time. Spike went out of its way, not in just adhering to its contract, but above and beyond the contract. We paid Hulk Hogan, we paid Eric Bischoff, with our money. We financed many shows. We help to finance U.K. shows. We helped promote. We gave TNA a prime time slot of Thursdays from 9-11 p.m. I think his comments are way off base. Clearly, he doesn't know what he's talking about. He's somebody who thinks more of himself than really exists. Vince Russo never meant anything to Spike TV. He had nothing to do with negotiations. Nobody cares about Vince Russo at Spike TV. Nobody cares or knows who he is. We have a great relationship with TNA. We went above and beyond for them, as they did for us. Dixie helped promote our shows. What Vince Russo is saying is complete nonsense."

igFpA2AMXvCiC.gif

Holy shit, that Heyman/Cena segment was incredible. I didn't read the replies when it aired but I swear if any of you shitted on that you can eat a dick. Great work on both ends, just superb. The only problem was the shit crowd. They should've been saying Cena Sucks when Heyman said to. So far so good on this Raw.

One little comment: Ziggler's jokes fell flat. The photos were fine but his jokes were bad and incited no reaction from the crowd. That one about Herbal Essence was just horrific and killed the atmosphere. He needs better lines. He probably ad-libbed that Herbal Essence line.

Top Bottom