• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dragonzord/Data West makes a legitimate comment about Youtube gamer culture and gets banned. Meanwhile, in an off topic pop gaf thread:

Not banned.

I smell bias

people are racist against wrestling fans
can we get our version of this

f7jv99z.jpg

Glad the mods are finally looking into my reports on all the threadshitting like this:
The worst part about arguing shit on the internet is people always act like it's personal. Need a monthly snark cap from people on the internet. You've used up your snark and buttrage for this month, you'll have to come back next month to refill it. Or pay extra for access to more sarcasm.

It's why I don't feel bad when people leave this thread because they got upset about somebody arguing about wrestling with them. Put on your big boy shorts.

Gonzalez

Banned
Because they're just taking existing DVD documentaries and putting a new wrapper on them. They've done almost no WCW documentaries outside of the original MNW and NWO. The WCW stuff if/when they get to it could be interesting new footage or they could do what they did on Countdown with the Disco Inferno and take footage from what I think was a WCW home video or press interview. They cheaped out on one of the selling points of the network at the worst possible time.
I wish they would use footage from those old WCW VHS about Goldberg, and DDP.

Ultratech

¡HarlequinPanic!;129226553 said:
iWatch looks stupid.

Data Zord banned.

Stuck at the office late thanks to a bullshit client request.

This is the WORST dreamcast day.

Dark days indeed.

Though yeah, the Apple Watch is stupid and I hope it fails just to show that smartwatches are a stupid fad/gimmick.

pepsi finally knows the meaning of becoming the shovel

Shit, better watch out or we might get buried as well.

Fuel
Three Doors Down
Three Days Grace
New Found Glory

Fuel played the Bay City River Roar a couple months ago and by all accounts I read they were horrible. Use to dig them back in the day but they're one of those bands that probably should've hung it up 10 or whatever years ago. They and two of those other bands are still in regular rotation on my area's rock station.

strobogo

Banned
When I was at StroMomo's over the weekend, I went through her husband's cd collection to see if there was anything I wanted to put on my ipod. Seeing his musical tastes go from Bob Segar/Eagles/Clapton/Aerosmith/Steve Miller to Puddle of Mudd/Family Values Tour comps/Staind/Kid Rock/Theory of a Deadman gave me even more reason to think he was a piece of shit.

Fuel played the Bay City River Roar a couple months ago and by all accounts I read they were horrible. Use to dig them back in the day but they're one of those bands that probably should've hung it up 10 or whatever years ago. They and two of those other bands are still in regular rotation on my area's rock station.

Whoa it's not often my hometown gets a mention in this thread! Would that local rock station happen to be Z93. That fucking station is stuck in the year 2000.

The closests Bay City gets to a shout out in this thread is when the Steiners are mentioned.

Also yes Fuel sucked. Lead singer was too drunk and the band didn't give two shits about being even mediocre. I only went because I had free tickets. The wife and I left after like 3 songs.

somedevil

Well here is the Night of Champions Card:

WWE World Heavyweight Title Match
John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar

WWE Tag Team Title Match
Stardust and Goldust vs. The Usos

WWE Intercontinental Title Match
The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler

WWE United States Title Match
Cesaro vs. Sheamus

WWE Divas Title Match
Nikki Bella vs. AJ Lee vs. Paige

Rusev vs. Mark Henry

Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins

Chris Jericho vs. Randy Orton

It seems like another good card.

Plus it seems Swagger vs Bo Dallas will happen as well but might be the youtube/Network opening match

It seems like a waste of money now that it's already on playstation consoles.

Edit: Forgot people are using this as a learning tool in classrooms on top of console implications. Also, Merch. Probably a good buy.
Guess we'll have to give MS the benefit of the doubt.
Well here is the Night of Champions Card:

It seems like another good card.

Plus it seems Swagger vs Bo Dallas will happen as well but might be the youtube/Network opening match
Jericho's last match before hiatus?

somedevil

Guess we'll have to give MS the benefit of the doubt.
Jericho's last match before hiatus?

Yep, plus I forgot also they are most likely going to do a Adam Rose and bunny vs Slator Gator as well at the pay per view. It seems to have a greater chance than Bo vs Swagger to happen on the pay per view.

Decent card but man has the build sucked for this special event.

My early guesses.

Bork retains
The Brothers Dust get the cosmic key (who am I kidding we all know this will be lolusoswin)
Ziggler retains
Cesaro gets the jobber belt
Rusev crush
who gives a fuck about the Divas match it has a fuckin Bella involved

Carnby

I called my internet provider and said "I pay too much for 15 Mbps. Can you give me a better deal?" So for the same monthly rate, they bumped me to 30 Mbps.

Hopefully WWE Network pay per views won't look like youtube videos any more.

JavyOO7

Maybe its just me but I heard a few people in the crowd go "YAH!" when the Ascension were getting the three count.

Brings a tear to my eye...

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW Starrcade 1995: World Cup of Wrestling

• Chris Benoit vs Jushin Liger
  • Koji Kanemoto vs Alex Wright
  • Lex Luger vs Mashahiro Chono
  • Johnny B. Badd vs Masa Saito
  • Shinjiro Otani vs Eddie Guerrero
  • Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs Randy Savage
  • Kensuke Sasaki vs Sting World Cup of Wrestling Finals
  • Ric Flair vs Sting vs Lex Luger Triangle Match
  • Ric Flair vs Randy Savage WCW Championship

Dope show. VERY VERY wrestling heavy. It really needed a tag match or gimmicky thing around the middle. The only backstage things were interviews with Gene before matches. The complete and utter lack of Hogan/DoD bullshit was great. Even better is DUSTY RHODES is back on PPV commentary. It took me all day to watch even though it is a good show.

Top Bottom