• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Holy shit, this segment is so bad it's good. The bellas are at least trying to be better at acting, you can tell, especially with Brie. This brawl is hilarious. I'm legit lol'ing. The way all 3 get on top of Jerry rolling around :lol

E: Lol at the EMT guy telling Jerry to keep the thumb up

Fast forwarded thru the Goldust tag team match, also the Adam Rose match. Did the see Bunny splash tho. Whatever.

Good lord Renee looks so hot. Roman with a terrible little promo tho.

Time for main event, Randy vs Roman. Yawn

Thoughts on main event and after:

That wasn't a good main event. The Randy/Roman superplex took way too long to setup because Roman is still a green scrub. Randy of course carrying him through the match.

The ending sucked. The curb stomp on the chair looked legit tho, really good one. That's how you do it you dumb Sheamus.

Overall + and -:

+ the incredible Cena/Heyman segment, just beautiful, but fuck that crowd
+ the Jerry, Brie, Nikki, Steph segment was fun, the brawl had me legit lol'ing. The bella brother sucked tho, can't act worth a lick and all he had was that one line
+ The NXT match was decent and I'm happy it was on Raw. Crowd was dead for much of it tho, except for a few Neville moves + his finisher
+ Renee looked ravishing

- Ziggler's jokes fell flat
- Awkward, clumsy ending to the Jericho/Wyatt cage match when they were on top of each other halfway out the cage
- Weak main event

Overall a 7/10 Raw

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Old Man Foley set his daughter straight.

tumblr_nbo1sir4FQ1qefv2ko1_500.png

Another thing, that kevlar armor on Reigns was awful. It's way too bulky and thick and looks like some cheap B-movie kevlar armor. The blue accents looked stupid too. This is the kind of shit 8-year olds eat up tho. Reigns really is the next Cena.

strobogo

Banned
Another thing, that kevlar armor on Reigns was awful. It's way too bulky and thick and looks like some cheap B-movie kevlar armor. The blue accents looked stupid too. This is the kind of shit 8-year olds eat up tho. Reigns really is the next Cena.

I wasn't aware of the kiddie kevlar market.

O'Haire was wasted talent along with the other WCW guys that WWE just put on to tv to bury. The guy had ME potential. They gave him a great gimmick and then snatched it from him when he was getting over with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XDtXARTXwA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcYEq63CyeQ

His career was the perfect storm of Vince at his most petty and a shitty attitude.

charsace

I wasn't aware of the kiddie kevlar market.

His career was the perfect storm of Vince at his most petty and a shitty attitude.

His tag partner in WCW was also wasted talent and still puts on some damn good matches in mexico. NBT was one of the few entertaining things in WCW near the end. It was mind boggling to me that the WWE didn't team them up again. I pieced it all together when they gave O'Haire that gimmick and then snatched from him when he was getting over and they realized the gimmick was good.

strobogo

Banned
His tag partner in WCW was also wasted talent and still puts on some damn good matches in mexico. NBT was one of the few entertaining things in WCW near the end. It was mind boggling to me that the WWE didn't team them up again. I pieced it all together when they gave O'Haire that gimmick and then snatched from him when he was getting over and they realized the gimmick was good.

It's more

• WCW guy
  • Had a bad attitude
  • Wasn't improving in the ring
  • Got paired with Piper
  • Piper went crazy and got fired
  • Vince said "Fuck it"

charsace

It's more

• WCW guy
  • Had a bad attitude
  • Wasn't improving in the ring
  • Got paired with Piper
  • Piper went crazy and got fired
  • Vince said "Fuck it"

WCW guy is the main thing Randy Orton ad a bad attitude for years and he has multiple world title reigns and other things.

tm24

His tag partner in WCW was also wasted talent and still puts on some damn good matches in mexico.

Have you seen a Marco Corleone match? Like really? There's a reason he's in trios matches all the time. He plays his role perfectly, but lets not pretend he's the one putting on good matches. That was Rush and Maximo doing the heavy lifting

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Man they are just burying the shit out of Slayter and The Gator.

Lesnar let's Hayman get beat up, the split Hayam manages the guy that beats Brock..... his ex client Cesaro.

Alucard

Banned
Heavy, I agree about the Cena and Heyman segment being great. I just bit my lip a bit when Cena got into the Make a Wish and military pandering stuff he sometimes does. I feel like that kind of stuff should be off limits in promos because it's not fair.

Heavy, I agree about the Cena and Heyman segment being great. I just bit my lip a bit when Cena got into the Make a Wish and military pandering stuff he sometimes does. I feel like that kind of stuff should be off limits in promos because it's not fair.

That's why I like it though. Because it's are reminder of why Cena will never turn... and as much as we want the turn, every time we hear him talk about Make a Wish it reminds us that it isn't going to happen until when or if kids stop believing in Cena and asking to meet him.

Aiii

So not worth it
That's why I like it though. Because it's are reminder of why Cena will never turn... and as much as we want the turn, every time we hear him talk about Make a Wish it reminds us that it isn't going to happen until when or if kids stop believing in Cena and asking to meet him.

Watch the 4th episode of WCW Nitro on the WWE Network, Hogan was injured the week before and is backstage in a neckbrace and cuts a promo on Jimmy Hart about visiting a make-a-wish kid and how he's never going to give up for the Hulkamaniacs and what not, it's eerily familiar.

Old Man Foley set his daughter straight.

tumblr_nbo1sir4FQ1qefv2ko1_500.png
Whippersnappers don't appreciate the classics, need to get Foley into this here thread and talk some sense into some ungrateful posters.

You'd expect a smart guy like Kane would make for a less boring wrestler.
Clearly his offence is too intelligent for you to comprehend, there is an art to "irish whip guy into corner, clothesline, sidewalk slam", it's a metaphor for the repetitiveness of life, walking down those same paths everyday whether we want to or not.

Alucard

Banned
In case anyone is interested, here is my weekly review of this past week's ROH TV episode.

http://www.wrestleenigma.com/ring-o...-september-6-2014-tag-team-dream-match-shines
AddictionBucksRespect.jpg

Quick rundown:
-The Decade vs. Watanabe and Caprice Coleman --> Watanabe gets offered a Decade shirt.
-Silas Young vs. Brian Kendrick --> Really good singles match in Kendrick's return.
-The Young Bucks vs. The Addiction --> Excellent stuff. Typical Young Bucks high adrenaline action.

And a couple of pictures:
Decade1.jpg
Kendrick.jpg

Really good episode for the Young/Kendrick bout and the hot tag main event.

Gonna have to check out that Bucks/Addiction match. Glad to see Kendrick back in ROH as well.

Toshiaki Kawada vs Akira Taue - (AJPW 1993/04/12)

First match from the Holy Demon Army set here, the last time Kawada and Taue would face as rivals, rather than as tag team partners. Early in their careers it had been Kawada who always came out on top in their matches, but recently Taue had come into his own and had picked up notable victories, including against Kawada in the '92 Champion Carnival. A year later they face off again, in front of a lively Osaka crowd who love Taue's fire and never-say-die attitude. He sells like a madman for Kawada's big offence and is on the defensive for much of the match, but his comeback spots are done so, so well and the crowd buy in big to the near-falls towards the end. Awesome match, clipped for TV unfortunately, but well worth a watch.

Taue.gif

NODOWA OTOSHI!!!!

Top Bottom