• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

somedevil

"It's hard to judge" = "All the bad stuff is Vince's idea" narrative again. Congrats, you're thinking what he wants you to think.

I expect the best ratings wrestling has ever had and good Raws always when HHH takes over.

lol, I doubt that. Truthfully people think Raw under Triple H will be like how NXT is booked. That's where people think he will be better comes from. The question is no one knows what it will be until it happens. Its not going to be awesome all the time and its not what you think its going to be as well.

I know that some how Triple H has made you bitter but Vince still has the final say over things. As long has he has that he will be the one taking the blame for the show.

JavyOO7

If RAW and Smackdown were booked like NXT though, those shows would be better off. Won't be the best in the world but it'd be decent programming every week. And you wouldn't have many of the folks here looking at those shows with anxiety like they do now.

Ithil

lol, I doubt that. Truthfully people think Raw under Triple H will be like how NXT is booked. That's where people think he will be better comes from. The question is no one knows what it will be until it happens. Its not going to be awesome all the time and its not what you think its going to be as well.

I know that some how Triple H has made you bitter but Vince still has the final say over things. As long has he has that he will be the one taking the blame for the show.

I'd be a fool to think WWE under HHH will literally be "NXT but on RAW" or "will always be awesome at all times". What I prefer about HHH is some of his basic philosophies about wrestling compared to Vince which I feel will overall make for a product I would like more.

Sephzilla

HHH's mindset seems geared towards adapting professional wrestling for the more modern age while Vince is still trying to pretend it's the 1980s. It's not hard to see why people are more interested in HHH's WWE.

DMczaf

HHH's mindset is adapting professional wrestling for the more modern age while Vince is still trying to pretend it's the 1980s. It's not hard to see why people are more interested in HHH's WWE.

It's interesting during all this Monday Night Wars stuff that Vince talks about admitting to being behind the times and realizing he needed to change in order to grow the company, while not realizing he's doing it again.

Ithil

HHH's mindset seems geared towards adapting professional wrestling for the more modern age while Vince is still trying to pretend it's the 1980s. It's not hard to see why people are more interested in HHH's WWE.

The irony being that NXT draws a lot from 1980s wrestling. It's just not 1980s WWF wrestling.

Maybe under HHH, tag team wrestling will be a thing again
Yeah, that is true for the Big 3. Devitt and Kenta have name value in the Japan market. Steen was the top Indie guy but is there name value for someone like Willie Mack?

No, but surely there's value in WILSON MACNEIL

Sephzilla

It's interesting during all this Monday Night Wars stuff that Vince talks about admitting to being behind the times and realizing he needed to change in order to grow the company, while not realizing he's doing it again.

The reason is obvious, he has no competition to act as a mirror.

He always came off as really troubled. Nothing he did ended up panning out and that can get to you

Yeah, it sucks. There's an interview taken after he was released where he says stuff like "yeah, everything'll work out fine, I don't really care because people with talent always end up somewhere" :/

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW Monday Nitro 1/1/96

• Arn Anderson vs Randy Savage
  • Chris Benoit vs Steven Regal
  • Super Assassins vs Sting/Lex Luger
  • Ric Flair vs Hulk Hogan WCW Championship

The main thing to take away from this show is that Hulk Hogan is an insecure egomaniac who can't stand to not be the most dominant guy and top guy. He immediately takes Macho's spot in the feud with Flair, with Macho being sent down to Arn. Then, after 2 months of the Horsemen wrecking fools and ending careers with just 3 of them around, the entire group loses and ends up on their knees cowering in fear from Hulk Hogan. Just Hogan. No back up. The entire Four Horsemen on their knees begging off from Hulk. So ridiculous. The Super Assassins are actually the Powers of Pain. I don't know why they were under masks and why it was never acknowledged.

Gonzalez

Banned
I like that the American Males Theme suggests that if you're in a relationship with one of the Males you might wind up getting nearly beat to death.

Gonzalez

Banned
Then, after 2 months of the Horsemen wrecking fools and ending careers with just 3 of them around, the entire group loses and ends up on their knees cowering in fear from Hulk Hogan. Just Hogan. No back up. The entire Four Horsemen on their knees begging off from Hulk.
I'm sorry Stro but I have to disagree with you. Begging off is a Horsemen staple, and seeing all four Horsemen beg off at the same time was a delight for me.

Don't worry Stro the Horsemen will get their heat back very soon.

strobogo

Banned
I'm sorry Stro but I have to disagree with you. Begging off is a Horsemen staple, and seeing all four Horsemen beg off at the same time was a delight for me.

Don't worry Stro the Horsemen will get their heat back very soon.

I don't remember them all begging off from one guy like that except maybe when the last guy entered in War Games. Running away, sure. But not on their knees all cowering in fear.

Gonzalez

Banned
I don't remember them all begging off from one guy like that except maybe when the last guy entered in War Games. Running away, sure. But not on their knees all cowering in fear.
I'll admit that the Horsemen showed a little more ass than usual during the Hogan era, but they got to be the top act again for the first half of 96 at least.

strobogo

Banned
I'll ask again on this page...

For those who write match run-downs, what's your strategy?

Doing full play by play is a waste of time and too much effort. Talk about what's going on, what big spots, and offer commentary on them. You aren't calling a match. No one wants to read full move by move run downs.

Alucard

Banned
Doing full play by play is a waste of time and too much effort. Talk about what's going on, what big spots, and offer commentary on them. You aren't calling a match. No one wants to read full move by move run downs.

That's what I think too. When I read stuff on pwtorch or f4w, it's like they feel they need to be record keepers of what happened move for move. I neeeeever read full match breakdowns like that because they're boring and robotic. I always just skip down to the finish and the analysis or star rating. I think most wrestling site readers are like that.

strobogo

Banned
That's what I think too. When I read stuff on pwtorch or f4w, it's like they feel they need to be record keepers of what happened move for move. I neeeeever read full match breakdowns like that because they're boring and robotic. I always just skip down to the finish and the analysis or star rating. I think most wrestling site readers are like that.

Well really, no one wants to read at all. Yeezus has never clicked a link that you or I have put up.

Gonzalez

Banned
I'm already on the 1st edition of the 2 hour version of Monday Nitro, and boy does this episode draaaaaaaaagged. ...And I love the randomness of WCW's mid card, but I enjoy the absolute main event chaos of the 1 hour version much more.

JavyOO7

"Now, let me understand this, a thousand holds? Now, there's a book out a 101 sex positions, where does he come up with a thousand holds?" - Mongo

"Don't touch it, Bobby. I will pull your mic." - Bischoff

... i must admit. I laughed heartily at that.

strobogo

Banned
"Now, let me understand this, a thousand holds? Now, there's a book out a 101 sex positions, where does he come up with a thousand holds?" - Mongo

"Don't touch it, Bobby. I will pull your mic." - Bischoff

... i must admit. I laughed heartily at that.

I'm really close to starting a Mongoisms twitter. He says the most ridiculous shit constantly.

Vylash

NXT Takeover Final Card

20140825_NXT-Takeover_MatchPreview_LIGHT_mojo_c-home.jpg

Mojo Rawley vs Bull Dempsey

20140825_NXT-Takeover_MatchPreview_LIGHT_hair-v-hair_home.jpg

Hair vs Hair Match: Enzo Amore vs Sylvestor Lefort

20140825_NXT-Takeover_MatchPreview_LIGHT_tag_c-home.jpg

NXT Tag Team Championship: The Ascension vs Kalisto and Sin Cara

20140825_NXT-Takeover_MatchPreview_LIGHT_divas_c-home.jpg

NXT Women's Championship: Charlotte vs Bayley

20140825_NXT-Takeover_MatchPreview_LIGHT_fatal-4way_c-home.jpg

NXT World Heavyweight Championship: Adrian Neville vs Sami Zayn vs Tyson Kidd vs Tyler Breeze

strobogo

Banned
That Cena comic ain't funny, man. :(

No wrestling comics are funny.

I think the best and most awesome thing Loose Cannon Brian Pillman ever did was convince Bischoff to fire him and hire him back later so he could jump to the WWF. That's great. But so far, (January 1996), Loose Cannon is way over hyped. They talk about him like he's super out of control and doing all this crazy shit, but he actually hasn't done much on screen to warrant the talk. Just made a lot of silly faces, mostly. For real PG, face Dean Ambrose seems more out of control than Loose Cannon Brian Pillman.

Top Bottom