• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

If someone like D.Bry or Neville or Cesaro did that spot you would all love it.
I know, these idiots don't realize that they have to exaggerate their movements and push their poses to the extreme so that their actions read clearly to the fans in the nosebleed seats (4 rows from the ring).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_n871x5h02B1sbzhteo1_400.gif

imnotsellingforyoubrom9cpu.gif

That bingo hall looks grimy as hell.

The Lycecum? Yeah....weird shit tends to happen there. Like the ring breaking, so the main event ended up having no ring

Also, job interview on Tuesday. Wish me luck dammit or I'm making the October OT and then immediately throwing it in the garbage, Medusa-style

The Lycecum? Yeah....weird shit tends to happen there. Like the ring breaking, so the main event ended up having no ring

Also, job interview on Tuesday. Wish me luck dammit or I'm making the October OT and then immediately throwing it in the garbage, Medusa-style
Bring a Funko for the interviewer. GL

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW MONDAY NITRO 2/4/96

• Chris Benoit vs Randy Savage WCW Championship
  • Arn Anderson/Brian Pillman vs Taskmaster/Hugh Morrus
  • Ric Flair vs Marcus Bagwell
  • Road Warriors vs Lex Luger/Sting WCW Tag Team Championships

Horseman heavy show. Macho got the fuck beat out of him until Benoit missed a dive and cracked his head on the post to the guard rail. It was absolutely disgusting. The sound was horrible. And the Macho dropped the elbow on the back of Benoit's neck. THEN Woman turned on Macho by choking him with nylons or something. So it was a little awkward in retrospect. Hulk got his eye torn open again and sent to the hospital. Pillman gets into a SHOOT with Sullivan. Bischoff, thinking he was great at foreshadowing, pretty much gives away that Superbrawl is the last time you're going to see Pillman in WCW. Lex cheats to win again, this time with a giant lead plate.

Superbrawl is on Sunday. Two cage matches. Konnan apparently won the US Championship and is defending it against OMG. Johnny B. Badd faces DDP for the rest of DDP's millions and Kim. Again. Pillman vs Sullivan in a respect strap match.

Gabe did EVOLVE pro wrestling. It just takes time to get the production values up and better venues. They can't all take place in Korakuen Hall......

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Konnan wins a belt should never be a sentenced that's uttered. We have some Mexican wrasslegaffers, right? I always hear about how popular Konnan was in Mexico. Why? I get why luchadores would like him because he opened the doors for a lot of them to get on TV, but why would fans like him in the ring, as a character? Is it just because he was kinda big?

Matt Hardy was in Thunder in Paradise?

Hard times, daddy.

Konnan wins a belt should never be a sentenced that's uttered. We have some Mexican wrasslegaffers, right? I always hear about how popular Konnan was in Mexico. Why? I get why luchadores would like him because he opened the doors for a lot of them to get on TV, but why would fans like him in the ring, as a character? Is it just because he was kinda big?

He was well booked in the 90s as a face champion. Worked for CMLL and AAA before going to the WWF and WCW. Nowadays he works as a heel promoter (and sucks at it)

Hard times, daddy.

It was weird, I never liked the guy as a kid, but some other kids liked him because of hes colorful attire and his size. Later when he was in WCW it was because he made it in the USA.

Heel

Thank you all for your concern. I've somehow managed to break the habit of keeping tabs on this horrible form of entertainment. I'd like to keep it that way, and to do so I must never visit this thread again.

If you need me I'll be watching another horrible form of entertainment next door, or partaking in yet another horrible form of entertainment on PlayStation Network.

See you on the other side, friends.

http://youtu.be/mk48xRzuNvA?t=1m15s

Alucard

Banned
My gaming discussion thread has helped generate fruitful discussion on the social acceptance of video games and what "gamer" actually means. 77 posts and going strong, friends.

DiscoJon

Banned
Thank you all for your concern. I've somehow managed to break the habit of keeping tabs on this horrible form of entertainment. I'd like to keep it that way, and to do so I must never visit this thread again.

If you need me I'll be watching another horrible form of entertainment next door, or partaking in yet another horrible form of entertainment on PlayStation Network.

image.php

http://youtu.be/Otdh4SLIm-E

Mengetsu

Update on Bully Ray

Earlier this weekend we reported that top TNA Wrestling stars Bully Ray and Bobby Roode were officially added to the upcoming Bound for Glory PPV on October 12. According to PWInsider.com, the talk backstage is that TNA offered Bully Ray a short-term deal so that he could wrap up the ongoing series with Matt and Jeff Hardy, and TNA Tag Team Champions Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards. If that’s the case, it’s likely Bully will be used at this week’s stretch of Impact Wrestling tapings, especially since Richards’ current condition is still in question.

Bully and Devon will be inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame prior to Bound for Glory.

Was wrestling more socially excepted in the year 2000 then it is in 2014?

Also I think I want some wrestling gifs ready once this Minecraft news is official.

I need some Million Dollar Man gifs.
Some Vince money gifs.
Maybe some gifs of Seth Rollins saying he didnt sell out, he bought in or whatever his catchphrase is.

strobogo

Banned
Was wrestling more socially excepted in the year 2000 then it is in 2014?

Also I think I want some wrestling gifs ready once this Minecraft news is official.

I need some Million Dollar Man gifs.
Some Vince money gifs.
Maybe some gifs of Seth Rollins saying he didnt sell out, he bought in or whatever his catchphrase is.

Yes. It was excepted then, just as it is excepted now. It was accepted in 1998 and 1999, though.

iNGjCgBlcPtel.gif

Hasney

dnkj4.gif

j/k miss you already bby xxx

strobogo

Banned
Imma get banned for sure for posting in the controller thread. Because I think the N64 and GC controllers were ugly and sucked for almost all games that weren't first party (and AKI wrestling games), I clearly have an issue with Nintendo and their mindset. The fuck? No, I think the game pads Nintendo has popped out after SNES suck and they should have done SNES with joy sticks for N64. Some people on gaming side don't understand that not everyone on GAF gives a flying fuck about individual companies or developers or who the CEO or press people are.

You can't tell me that the N64 and GC controllers weren't different for the sake of being different. And then the Wii came along and took that to a whole new level. That's not attacking Nintendo. Fuck it. I knew what I was risking posting in a gaming side thread.

Hasney

I don't know, the GC pad was the most comfortable one I ever held until maybe the 360. Lack of buttons and c-stick really did hold it back, but I never really buy Nintendo consoles for 3rd party games.

The N64 controller was an abomination though.

strobogo

Banned
I don't know, the GC pad was the most comfortable one I ever held until maybe the 360. Lack of buttons and c-stick really did hold it back, but I never really buy Nintendo consoles for 3rd party games.

The N64 controller was an abomination though.

I mean yeah I'm not sure if I played any GC games that weren't the DoR series or first party things. But I fucking hated that controller. The lay out was awkward as shit and it felt weird to hold. To this day the N64 controller makes no sense to me. How many games actually used the C-buttons? I only briefly played a few non first party Wii games and most of them sucked with the controllers as well. GC and Wii were pretty strictly Mario machines for me. Be it the 3D games, Paper, New Super Mario Bros, or Mario Kart/Tennis/Golf/Party.

I liked the gamecube controller. I wouldnt want to play Tony Hawk on it but I think most games where ok on it. Havent touched a N64 controller since about 1998 though.

Also people who like the xbox duke controller are the gaming equivalent of people who like humongous asses.

Hasney

Also people who like the xbox duke controller are the gaming equivalent of people who like humongous asses.

I preferred the Duke to the S, but I do have large hands. Like the people that say they don't want a large phone because of one hand usage and here I am, just sitting back and hitting the URL bar with my thumb on an over 5" phone.

Andre would have also preferred the Duke

andre-holding-beer-can.jpg

I wonder what Rowdy Roddy Piper take on Scottish Independence is?

Was he ever actually billed from Scotland?

Yeah, WWF billed him from Glasgow for years.

Browny

Banned
I wonder what Rowdy Roddy Piper take on Scottish Independence is?

Possibly about as relevant as Mel Gibson's.

I want them both on a debate show - it's the only way I'd actually pay attention to it.

Pls let us in when we want to holiday, Independent Republic of Scotlandland

Aiii

So not worth it
Cameron was just told she sucked so much she is now going to be a valet to Naomi.

Total Divas is totally shooting right now.

Hey, I just did this speech two months ago.

See you back in a week, friend.

MC Safety

I, too, would like to announce my retirement from watching wrestling.

I do not intend, however, to stop making posts announcing I am retiring from watching wrestling.

Alucard

Banned
I, too, would like to announce my retirement from watching wrestling.

I do not intend, however, to stop making posts announcing I am retiring from watching wrestling.

Well played.

I wish I could stop sometimes, but I write about this shit. Maybe I'll have to retire from that too. Would certainly help with my sleep.

Aiii

So not worth it
I am now just watching the fun stuff and skipping all the stuff I don't enjoy, much more enjoyable and no need to retire.

Top Bottom