• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

BHZ Mayor

Imma get banned for sure for posting in the controller thread. Because I think the N64 and GC controllers were ugly and sucked for almost all games that weren't first party (and AKI wrestling games), I clearly have an issue with Nintendo and their mindset. The fuck? No, I think the game pads Nintendo has popped out after SNES suck and they should have done SNES with joy sticks for N64. Some people on gaming side don't understand that not everyone on GAF gives a flying fuck about individual companies or developers or who the CEO or press people are.

You can't tell me that the N64 and GC controllers weren't different for the sake of being different. And then the Wii came along and took that to a whole new level. That's not attacking Nintendo. Fuck it. I knew what I was risking posting in a gaming side thread.

Man. Fuck the Gamecube controller. That shit is the most haphazard, convoluted, piece of shit I've ever seen, and to this day, I still cannot for the life of me understand why that abomination has so many stans. People are legitimately hyped as fuck for that hideous thing to be re-released for Smash 4. Ugh.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yup. The N64 at least can be credited for introducing the analog stick, but that three forked crap just doesn't work and was a shit idea. The Gamecube controller is just the worst controller since the 80's.

I'm sure you won't get banned Strob, as long as you keep civil and give arguments for your opinions I find the mods to be quite forgiving.

Unless it's a MCU thread.

Hasney

Man. Fuck the Gamecube controller. That shit is the most haphazard, convoluted, piece of shit I've ever seen, and to this day, I still cannot for the life of me understand why that abomination has so many stans. People are legitimately hyped as fuck for that hideous thing to be re-released for Smash 4. Ugh.

Oh yeah, I'm buying that adaptor for my Wavebird. Save me buying a pro controller.

Zach

The N64 controller was pretty strange. It worked for GoldenEye and wrasslin' games, though, so it gets a pass.

I love the Gamecube controller. The Wavebird controller was mind-blowing at the time. My son and I are playing through Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door right now and it's a delight.

Oh, and that Wii U Pro controller is pretty great, too.

That... thing...

It's beyond self parody now. A music video? I'm not sure what to make of this, or anything else. My whole world view has been put off kilter by it.

Thank you all for your concern. I've somehow managed to break the habit of keeping tabs on this horrible form of entertainment. I'd like to keep it that way, and to do so I must never visit this thread again.

If you need me I'll be watching another horrible form of entertainment next door, or partaking in yet another horrible form of entertainment on PlayStation Network.

See you on the other side, friends.

http://youtu.be/mk48xRzuNvA?t=1m15s

Appropriate, since heels were temporary fixtures going back to the territorial days.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
3b3FoHG.jpg

Merry Christmas

that music video is terrible holy shit. Also, I didn't mind the n64 except when the fucking z button was mandatory. Was a ps2 guy so my gamecube experience is low.

Sephzilla

Imma get banned for sure for posting in the controller thread. Because I think the N64 and GC controllers were ugly and sucked for almost all games that weren't first party (and AKI wrestling games), I clearly have an issue with Nintendo and their mindset. The fuck? No, I think the game pads Nintendo has popped out after SNES suck and they should have done SNES with joy sticks for N64. Some people on gaming side don't understand that not everyone on GAF gives a flying fuck about individual companies or developers or who the CEO or press people are.

You can't tell me that the N64 and GC controllers weren't different for the sake of being different. And then the Wii came along and took that to a whole new level. That's not attacking Nintendo. Fuck it. I knew what I was risking posting in a gaming side thread.

The reason I prefer the Dualshock controllers is because they feel like the more logical progression of the NES and SNES controllers. The N64 and GameCube controllers feel like some bizarro alternate universe Willy Wonka bullshit.

The reason I prefer the Dualshock controllers is because they feel like the more logical progression of the NES and SNES controllers. The N64 and GameCube controllers feel like some bizarro alternate universe Willy Wonka bullshit.

The Gamecube controller is great, apart from three major flaws. Not having two Z buttons, not having a proper stick instead of the C stick, and the d-pad being too small.

For games that don't need the extra buttons, that thing was great. The analogue stick is noticeably more accurate than the Xbox and PS2 pads in games like RE4 and Super Monkey Ball. The button layout makes it a lot easier to hit multiple buttons at once. The 'clicks' on the bottoms of the analogue triggers were a really nice optional feature that could be put to clever use too like in type C controls in the REmake.

Basically, if a game was designed around it's limitations, you'd see how comfy and well made it was. If a game was ported to the system that had been designed around a dualshock 2, all of it's issues would raise their ugly heads.

You mean the John Morrison herc movie, right?~~~~

I liked the N64 controller, it was garish and ugly but it wore solid colors very well. I never really thought "wow I can't play this game" while playing an N64 game cause of it.

GCN controller was always ugly though, especially awkward in multiplats where the tiny b button had vital functions tied to it.

This minecraft buyout, so many armchair accountants. I'm pretty sure they probably would've said Michael Jackson was a fool for buying the beatles music back in the 80s too (er before he squandered his fortune~)

I need to cool off with some total divas.

Aiii

So not worth it
Notch understands that Minecraft was an ending business. Sell of that shit before it bombs, he's brought it to every possible system and cashed out, smart man. It's like selling Myspace just as Facebook started taking of, perfect timing.

I feel that Minecraft already pretty much ran its course a year or so ago, time to move on. Microsoft sinking all that money into it is the most baffling part out of all of this, as if a system exclusive Minecraft 2 would sell more than a handful of systems. Would anyone consider that a system seller? Might just be me, but that's not reality, is it?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Minecraft is far bigger than what nerds on GAF assume. Like, seriously.

The smart money is for MS to just publish Minecraft and Minecraft 2 eventually on all platforms. All that profit.

Aiii

So not worth it

The smart money is for MS to just publish Minecraft and Minecraft 2 eventually on all platforms. All that profit.

Well yes, smart money would be keeping the exact same distribution model for MC2 as for MineCraft.

But that doesn't sound like something MS would do, now does it?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well yes, smart money would be keeping the exact same distribution model for MC2 as for MineCraft.

Uh, why wouldn't it?

Sephzilla

from the press release thing they put out today, it seemed like thats what they said they were going to do.

Cagey

Banned

At the charter school network I worked at previously in NYC (7000+ elementary students in total), Minecraft was the most popular thing installed on their iPads and most popular game the kids were talking about. By miles and miles.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
At the charter school network I worked at previously in NYC (7000+ elementary students in total), Minecraft was the most popular thing installed on their iPads and most popular game the kids were talking about. By miles and miles.

Yessir. Honestly this is bigger news than a new console. More potential money to be made, by a huge amount. People are downplaying it because they don't understand that THIS IS WHAT KIDS DO. It's unbelievably huge.

I feel that Minecraft already pretty much ran its course a year or so ago, time to move on. Microsoft sinking all that money into it is the most baffling part out of all of this, as if a system exclusive Minecraft 2 would sell more than a handful of systems. Would anyone consider that a system seller? Might just be me, but that's not reality, is it?

"The beatles already wrote all the music they're ever gonna and everyone already knows all their songs"

Aiii

So not worth it
Uh, why wouldn't it?

This is a company that -to this day- buys exclusives for their system, is it not? If you own the company, wouldn't logic dictate you would have them make exclusive titles? At the very least, water down the other versions.

¡HarlequinPanic!;130103558 said:
"The beatles already wrote all the music they're ever gonna and everyone already knows all their songs"

"The most insanely popular band ever to exist is not the same as a indie videogame dev" -Aiii, September 2014.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is a company that -to this day- buys exclusives for their system, is it not? If you own the company, wouldn't logic dictate you would have them make exclusive titles? At the very least, water down the other versions.

Minecraft is bigger than bolstering a system's library. Far bigger.

"You don't think having your name behind the biggest property across every platform that can play a video game isn't as wise a move as buying the most popular music and using the residuals from that alone to spin into building a larger empire?

Okaaaayyyyy.

I'm willing to eat my hat if it doesn't work out but I think you're underestimating the value of minecraft" -HP, 10:20 AM new yawk time

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm sure people still think of Michael Jackson every time they listen to a Beatles song, yeah.

Since we're doing shitty analogies, and all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You should have seen Aiii during E3. Brah hates Microsoft (M$) with a passion. Don't worry about it Aiii the times, they are a-changin'.

Real talk though I didn't expect Halo 5 to have far more potential than Destiny. Destiny's...nothing special. And that bums me out.

Aiii

So not worth it
You should have seen Aiii during E3. Brah hates Microsoft (M$) with a passion. Don't worry about it Aiii the times, they are a-changin'.

I will never use the shorthand M$ for fucks sake, give me more credit than that, please.

I have two Xbox 360's mind you, I will buy a One once they give me a good reason to buy it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Don't make me dig up the chat logs (I'm actually curious, so I will)

I have no love for MS and their bullshit, but I will never call a company out for being in it for the money. I love capitalism.

Going back to E3, I think pretty much everything cool they announced is also coming to PC, which is probably what my conclusion was "gonna love playing this, on my PC"

Everything else was generic shooters like Halo and, of course, Tomb Raider.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
These E3 logs are impossible to deal with. I can't. God I hate E3.

Real talk though I didn't expect Halo 5 to have far more potential than Destiny. Destiny's...nothing special. And that bums me out.

I feel bad for buying Destiny digitally. Really struggling to get interested in it and wish I could trade it in. However, Halo has no potential, as far as I'm concerned. If Microsoft's going to win me over it'll be with new IP's, not one's I've long grown sick of.

Incidentally, holy fucking shit, how bad is Destiny's world building and storytelling? That's the biggest fail, to me - they've created a world I don't want to inhabit and a story I don't give a shit about.

Aiii

So not worth it
Speaking of shitty shooters, trying to get Destiny for free and it's proving to be a bitch to arrange. Fucking Activision.

Luckily I'm still hooked on Diablo 3 (almost platinum, hopefully getting it tonight), which is by far the superior game. GET THAT INSTEAD!

enewtabie

Picked up WWE2k14 for cheap and spent several hours downloading characters and make rivalries mirror current events. So I decide to try an exhibition match in Hell in the Cell. RVD vs HHH. I do one move a kick, which he reverses catches me, hit the pedigree and wins the match.. 10 seconds. WTH lol?

I'm sure people still think of Michael Jackson every time they listen to a Beatles song, yeah.

Since we're doing shitty analogies, and all.

dude its not about thinking about michael jackson, its about how the small investment for the biggest band turned into his entire fortune, the name and the publishing of it was so big that people (Sony) came to him ten years later and gave him tons of other songs with it just so they can buy in to a small part of it. who cares if people knew it was him or not. The same thing can very much happen to Microsoft, every purchase made for the biggest property among children and many, many adults goes straight into that coffer. Frankly 2 billion is a steal for that.

Or it could fizzle out with the next fad next year who knows, making shit for children is tough.

You love capitalism so this should all be fairly obvious to you. But its cool I get it mang 8)

Destiny was bleh, Bungie's lost a lot of steps in recent years...I actually am quite fond of Halo 4 except for the dumb multiplayer :\

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I feel bad for buying Destiny digitally. Really struggling to get interested in it and wish I could trade it in. However, Halo has no potential, as far as I'm concerned. If Microsoft's going to win me over it'll be with new IP's, not one's I've long grown sick of.

Incidentally, holy fucking shit, how bad is Destiny's world building and storytelling? That's the biggest fail, to me - they've created a world I don't want to inhabit and a story I don't give a shit about.

I do too. I really, REALLY regret prepurchasing digitally because it's got all the same issues for me it does for you. The world building is absolute dogshit. The storytelling is piss-poor. It's nothing. I give NO shits about anything in that world, period. I'm not interested in anything. The voice acting is nothing when they have nothing to say. I hate the "beep boop whirr" noises every time that little midget opens his mouth. The soundtrack kinda fucking blows, too. It's WEIRD and not in a good way.

MC Collection is going to keep me full for a long time I reckon. Halo's lore and shit just isn't that pretentious. Fuck Destiny. It's fun to play but there's nothing there. Bungie's a bust, brahs.

Browny

Banned
I've managed to miss Destiny and Diablo - waiting for Friday when Shadowrun Dragonfall gets another massive free update, which will tie me over for a couple of weeks. And by then DA Inq will be crying for my monies...

Aiii

So not worth it
Turns out I can only get Destiny for PS3 or Xbone. Seeing how down you guys are on that game that's probably for the best, I would only be getting it for the SP anyways since a good sci-fi story would make me forgive it being a FPS.

Guess I'm gonna have to ask for Hyrule Warriors instead, that's gonna be a good game, right?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Turns out I can only get Destiny for PS3 or Xbone. Seeing how down you guys are on that game that's probably for the best, I would only be getting it for the SP anyways since a good sci-fi story would make me forgive it being a FPS.

Guess I'm gonna have to ask for Hyrule Warriors instead, that's gonna be a good game, right?

Don't bet on it. It removes the best part of the Warriors games and replaces it with TINY character selection for a skin of dogshit. Don't bet on it.

I do too. I really, REALLY regret prepurchasing digitally because it's got all the same issues for me it does for you. The world building is absolute dogshit. The storytelling is piss-poor. It's nothing. I give NO shits about anything in that world, period. I'm not interested in anything. The voice acting is nothing when they have nothing to say. I hate the "beep boop whirr" noises every time that little midget opens his mouth. The soundtrack kinda fucking blows, too. It's WEIRD and not in a good way.

It seems like such a cynical lootwhore game, like they've done the bare minimum to give it that epic adventure feel, but all it really boils down to is teaming up with your bros to shoot shit and grind for that loot. At least Diablo makes no bones about what it is.

Top Bottom