• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

I'm rallied!!!!!
BpC0W8k.gif

Downhome

How, in the name of all that is good and pure, could they let this show go off with this instead of building up Cena/Lesnar? That left such a bitter taste in my mouth that it just about killed all interest in the PPV.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's pretty hilarious that the Hassan promos were smarter than all the Lana/Rusev promos.

And that was 10 years ago. And it's more sad than funny.

tm24

It's pretty hilarious that the Hassan promos were smarter than all the Lana/Rusev promos.

Hassan's promos were years ahead of their time. The world wasn't ready for them and i doubt it ever will

RP912

Banned

I could go for some of those right now :(. At least they had more of a even purpose rather than "them dang foreigners" angle that's outdated as hell.

ppv predictions?

ruzev>henry (clean win)
reigns>rollins (ambrose returns and helps reigns get a clean win)
orton>jericho (dirty win)
ziggler>miz (clean win)
cena>lesnar (clean win)

somedevil

The Reigns vs Rollins thing is weird unless Rollins puts up the briefcase to make the ppv match worth something again.

No Triple H or Stephanie on the show. They read the script and ran.

edit: Its like after the raw after Summerslam nothing has gone right.

Alucard

Banned
So, how was Raw tonight? Just started watching the opening segment after finishing writing on ROH.

Just got done with another hot tag main event. Love me some Young Bucks.

BucksDoubleTeam.gif

Omega

Banned
why do you guys even watch wwe? just watch NXT. It's where they take people like Paige and Seth Rollins and force them to be shit.

or watch one of the other 400 better promotions

ppv predictions?

ruzev>henry (clean win)
Yup. Henry isn't a baby face, so Rusev isn't being fed to him.

reigns>rollins (ambrose returns and helps reigns get a clean win)
This would have been logical had Reigns not just got a clean win without any help over Rollins. Rollins probably wins here by shenanigans.

orton>jericho (dirty win)
Probably.

ziggler>miz (clean win)
This one seems like a toss up. The Miz's new character is drawing great heat, it would make sense to move him up the card a bit, but you don't do that by putting the belt on him. So I'm figuring the Miz loses by DQ or some other way that doesn't make him look weak.

cena>lesnar (clean win)
This makes absolutely no sense in any way shape or form.

I still gotta finish up last week's ROH. I was in the middle of my boy Brian Kendrick's match with my man Silas Young and enjoying it

i didn't even watch it and i don't know if i'll watch NOC, they killed me by proxy

I mean, I pretty much had zero interest already, but i was gonna watch it anyway because I have the Network and i might as well use it y'know? But it felt pretty good not watching Raw, and i was fuckin washing dishes and dealing with bank problems

and then the jingle came on

This would have been logical had Reigns not just got a clean win without any help over Rollins. Rollins probably wins here by shenanigans.

DEAN AMBROSE RETURN AND TURNS HEEL

It's not so much that Raw was "bad", it was boring, full of questionable decisions, and actually made me less interested in the PPV. In a way, it was actually worse than a stereotypical "bad" Raw.

It's not so much that Raw was "bad", it was boring, full of questionable decisions, and actually made me less interested in the PPV. In a way, it was actually worse than a stereotypical "bad" Raw.

Here's where I disagree.

We actually got some decent in ring stuff. I mean, we can question Reigns winning clean on free TV if we're playing arm chair bookers, but it was a pretty good match. We shouldn't be mad about getting clean finishes on TV.

Cena feuds rarely do

Look, I get it, you don't want to be disappointed if Cena wins, and he's won so many times that you don't want to get your hopes up for another loss. But he's not winning the belt back. He's most likely losing... not decisively. Probably not even cleanly this time. And hell maybe he wins by DQ or countout or something... but the only person who wants to see Cena regain the belt is Cena, and he's a company guy who will do what's best for the company. That's a big part of why we hate him right? And right now if what was best for the company was Cena as champ, the last match would not have been booked the way it was.

Alucard

Banned
I still gotta finish up last week's ROH. I was in the middle of my boy Brian Kendrick's match with my man Silas Young and enjoying it

I mean, I pretty much had zero interest already, but i was gonna watch it anyway because I have the Network and i might as well use it y'know? But it felt pretty good not watching Raw, and i was fuckin washing dishes and dealing with bank problems

and then the jingle came on

DPP_0258-M.jpg

Not sure how I feel about the kimono, but the match with Silas was really damn good.

KissVibes

Banned
Hassan is still one of the best heels of all time. Dude was totally right that Middle Eastern people were unfairly prosecuted in the United States, and all he wanted was some goddamn respect and equality. I wish he'd won the title. I wish it had lead to making the crowd and the general viewer feel bad for their prejudice against Middle Eastern individuals and Muslims.

It could've been a massive storyline. Something that would've gotten WWE press for years and could've made them be seen as incredibly progressive...damn shame it didn't pan out that way at all.

Penguin

This may be the longest stretch, in recent memory of bad, forgettable Raws.

What has really been accomplished over the past 6 weeks?

Reigns vs Rollins (Dirty win via Kane interference)
Orton vs Jericho (with post-match beatdown to send Chris back to his rock band)
Dust Busters vs Usos (Usos have had the belts forever, it's time for a switch)
Henry vs Rusev
Paige vs N. Bella vs CM Punk (Because Total Divas)
R-Truth vs Sandow (Expect wacky, twin magic-esque bullshit despite it making no logical sense)
Sheamus vs Cesaro
Cena vs Lesnar (Lesnar "accidentally" legit breaks Cena's neck)

Top Bottom