• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Guys destruction in Kobe this week. !!! Probably better than night of champions

Ishii v young bucks
Tanahashi v Shibata
YOSHI-HASHI ERA BEIGNS

BULLET CLUB (Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson & Yujiro Takahashi) vs. Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) & Tomohiro Ishii

Six Man Tag Team Match
Alex Shelley, BUSHI & Maximo vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado, Taichi & TAKA Michinoku)

Eight Man Tag Team Match
Jushin Thunder Liger, TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) & Tomoaki Honma vs. Captain New Japan, Manabu Nakanishi, Tiger Mask & Yuji Nagata

Tag Team Match
Kazushi Sakuraba & Toru Yano vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match
KUSHIDA (c) vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
Tag Team Match

BULLET CLUB (AJ Styles & Tama Tonga) vs. Kota Ibushi & Tetsuya Naito

IWGP Tag Team Title Match
BULLET CLUB (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson) (c) vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI)

Singles Match
Hirooki Goto vs. Togi Makabe
Singles Match

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Katsuyori Shibata
IWGP Intercontinental Title Match

Bad Luck Fale (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Striker

All right, shower time. Enjoy Seleziya.

DPP_0204-M.jpg
This girl. I like her.

Hasney

And Call of Duty and Halo and Sunset Overdrive.

Maybe now 2K15 will finally be a massive bust sales wise and we'll get the much needed overhaul to the franchise that it needs.

Probably not, it'll sell enough. I mean there's enough people who legitimately like the current state of WWE and take time out of their day to watch it live. I'm sure there's enough people who have it at the top of their list to make it a passable next-gen debut.

BHZ Mayor

It's cracked, so the defense is that the title is played up because that's a comedy website. Even though Cracked doesn't really feel like a comedy site anymore.

Just people on both sides of the discussion could just benefit from putting some duct tape over their mouth and listening to people from the other side of the fence.

I don't think that really applies when the other side is sociopaths who constantly send death/rape threats. Fuck the other side tbh.

BFIB

Ah, thanks guys.

In other news, I'm watching the Clash of the Champions Jan 96. During the Pillman/Guerrero match, Pillman gets dropkicked out and grabs Heenan. Heenan clearly says "What the fuck are you doing!?" Not edited out either.

Hey yo, remembering back to Summerslam. Michael Cole sold the Orton win for Reigns BIG TIME as if it put Reigns on another level.

So, I ask friends, did it? Did beating Orton mean anything? Is Reigns more over having done it?

Cagey

Banned
These last few weeks erased my faint, bemused smile, friends. I skipped the past two weeks and opted to read some of the fine comedy you gents provide. Last night, well, Lesnar had me watching. Most of the show was uninteresting filler. Whatever it is that they're doing with the ladies is an insufferable mess. The random three-on-three matches are fast-forward snoozefests. Miz/Sandow/Truth/Ziggler? Holy shit no. Having Seth/Reigns fight an actual match before their actual PPV match is LOL worthy.

They're even ruining my excitement MARK HENRY v. RUSEV, and if there's one thing I'm about, it's those two big motherfuckers throwing bombs.

tumblr_nbz3qdFLCz1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Oh honey no.

And this shit right here? GTFO with this shit right here. It's bad enough that Rollins bores me to inch closer to that magical FF button whenever he talks or is on screen without Dean Ambrose opposite him, and now he goes and does this? Fuck off breh.

If the PPV doesn't end this Sunday with Lesnar hopping around the corpse of Sina while Jeezy's RIP blares in the background, I think it's break time, as there'd be officially nothing else.

jmdajr

As we noted earlier tonight, the reason why the card seemed a bit strange was that WWE was trying to draw viewers during halftime of the NFL Monday Night Football game. A segment between Brock Lesnar and John Cena was promoted heavily throughout the night, and the producers actually filled between 15 and 20 minutes with commercials, backstage segments and promotional spots waiting for the Indianapolis Colts and Philadelphia Eagles game to go to halftime.

Heh thought same...

? It pretty clearly put Reigns over as legit main event talent who gets the big wins. It was his first singles PPV match and he didn't choke.

But it also resulted in Orton getting more over than Roman that night. I mean after that victory, people are still saying that Reigns isn't ready. Granted, there's a ton of time to build Roman but he's not lighting the world on fire. Not yet anyway. And spiking drinks isn't gonna make that shit happen. Remember his Survivor Series performance? I honestly think they should repeat that so we can BELIEVE THAT.

? It pretty clearly put Reigns over as legit main event talent who gets the big wins. It was his first singles PPV match and he didn't choke.

Sure, if you just look at things in theories. In actuality, beating Orton meant nothing and Reigns is no more over having done it. Both him and Rollins felt like completely unover and uninteresting characters last night.

BULLET CLUB (Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson & Yujiro Takahashi) vs. Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) & Tomohiro Ishii

Pretty much a nothing tag match here. Yujiro gets the win to build him up for his defense against YOSHI.

Six Man Tag Team Match
Alex Shelley, BUSHI & Maximo vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado, Taichi & TAKA Michinoku)

Again, just a six-man here. Give the win to S-G as they sem to be getting a push.

Eight Man Tag Team Match
Jushin Thunder Liger, TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) & Tomoaki Honma vs. Captain New Japan, Manabu Nakanishi, Tiger Mask & Yuji Nagata

Yay, another vets beating the shit out of each other tag match! Why the hell can't NJPW make up its mind if Liger and Tiger are a team or not? We'll go with Nagata getting the win over Honma because lol Honma.

Tag Team Match
Kazushi Sakuraba & Toru Yano vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka)

UGH, who cares? Sakuraba has been an absolute joke this past year, and the feud with Suzuki has been boring as fuck. Yano wins with one of his stupid fucking cradles to keep this shit going.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match
KUSHIDA (c) vs. Ryusuke Taguchi

Taguchi was my pick to win the BOSJ and I think he's ready for another run with the gold, but I think KUSHIDA wins here, as he's really good and deserving of a decent run as champ.

Tag Team Match

BULLET CLUB (AJ Styles & Tama Tonga) vs. Kota Ibushi & Tetsuya Naito

This is where things get interesting. It looks like Naito is getting the shot at KOPW, so he goes over here, to go along with his win over AJ in the G1.

IWGP Tag Team Title Match
BULLET CLUB (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson) (c) vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI)

As much as I love Okada and Yoshi, Anderson and Gallows have become the new monster gaijin team du jour of NJPW, so they win here.

Singles Match
Hirooki Goto vs. Togi Makabe

This one is tough to call. Goto still wants to keep just outside of the main event, so he wins here.

Singles Match
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Shibata seems to be getting a huge enough push, so I say he wins here to challenge for Okada's briefcase.

IWGP Intercontinental Title Match
Bad Luck Fale (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Again, tough to call here. Fale is getting the monster push though, so I say he takes it again. We've got to get to the Nak/Okada breakup soon enough.

Shibata seems to be getting a huge enough push, so I say he wins here to challenge for Okada's briefcase.

That'd be pretty awesome, but the cynical fan in me says Tanahashi put over Shibata in the G1, so he's getting his win back here.

I agree about the Sakuraba stuff, give us MiSu vs Saku in a shootstyle match and be done with it already.

Gonzalez

Banned
"Hulkster, you're a great technical wrester, but I don't want to wrestle ya. I want to beat you up." - Jim Duggan, Monday Nitro 7/29/96

Sephzilla

IGN's article about 2k15's delay is starting to get full of people thinking the delay is because of CM Punk.

TheMizReally.gif

People are pointing to the stupid conspiracy theory stuff instead of looking at the explanation that's right there in front of their face. Yukes is a bad developer who makes bug-ridden games, this is their first time on PS4/XB1, we haven't seen any gameplay yet and the game is under a few months away. The explanation is simple, 2K probably saw that the next-gen versions needed more time in the oven.

Anth0ny

IGN's article about 2k15's delay is starting to get full of people thinking the delay is because of CM Punk.

TheMizReally.gif

People are pointing to the stupid conspiracy theory stuff instead of looking at the explanation that's right there in front of their face. Yukes is a bad developer who makes bug-ridden games, this is their first time on PS4/XB1, we haven't seen any gameplay yet and the game is under a few months away. The explanation is simple, 2K probably saw that the next-gen versions needed more time in the oven.

I'm sure the extra 20 days is going to make a huge difference lol

Top Bottom